Official NTTD Poster Thread

Comments

So is the new poster the first to not feature Bond with a gun?
  • Kananga wrote: »
    So is the new poster the first to not feature Bond with a gun?

No. The Dad teaser featured JUST a gun.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 2,436
    There was a German poster for TWINE that didn't feature Bond at all or a gun.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    ggl007 wrote: »

I hope this is the case. I'm not a fan of this one, at least not as a theatrical poster. Nothing about it reaches out and grabs my attention.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    People working in the creative business are happy with the effort:
    https://www.creativebloq.com/news/brooding-no-time-to-die-poster

The first poster, shared by the official 007 social media channels on Friday, is giving us serious Sin City vibes. It's a moody, monochrome affair, and we're wondering if it means that No Time to Die will will be taking Daniel Craig's final appearance as 007 into grittier territory. Either way, we like it – and it's the closest any No Time to Die poster has come to our best poster designs list.

But also:
    Less impressive to us is the new IMAX exclusive poster, featuring Bond doing some Sid James-style gurning while riding a Massive Motorbike. While the trailers have promised that the new film will "change everything", all this poster tells us is that Daniel Craig's last ride as 007 will involve some dangerous two-wheeled driving (...) There's also little that screams 'Bond' here. "If you could swap out Craig's head with another actor in a Bond poster and it doesn't feel out of place," says Reddit user Ryecue, "it's a bad Bond poster." We can't help but agree – it's all a bit Fast & Furious.

And finally:
    Taken as a whole, No Time to Die's poster campaign leaves us wishing the studio had taken more time to design. Still, the new monochrome poster finally has us excited for Daniel Craig's 007 swansong, and intrigued about where it'll be taking the character. If there's another poster to come, we're hoping for more black-and-white, and less motorbike.
  • New poster....which reminds me of the classic posters with lots of explosion and detail. Something Eon ditched int he Craig era for minimalism (in fact, in lieu of Bond ditching the style, it's become the de facto Marvel poster in recent years). I like it a lot.....also get a proper look at the Noh mask.

However.....curious that out of the 4 posters of Bond for NTTD, only one has him holding a gun.

ER5iKouWsAA3-fn?format=jpg&name=large
    New poster....which reminds me of the classic posters with lots of explosion and detail. Something Eon ditched int he Craig era for minimalism (in fact, in lieu of Bond ditching the style, it's become the de facto Marvel poster in recent years). I like it a lot.....also get a proper look at the Noh mask.

However.....curious that out of the 4 posters of Bond for NTTD, only one has him holding a gun.

ER5iKouWsAA3-fn?format=jpg&name=large

I LOVE this poster!!!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited February 2020 Posts: 14,861
    Yeah it’s fairly serviceable I guess. Not really massively dissimilar to the recent Mission Impossible poster really, and assembled from shots from the character posters, but not horrible. The whole silhouette-acting-as-a-mask thing is a bit old hat now, but it’s fine. I think I’m preferring the black and white one though.

Why’s Q on there?
    mtm wrote: »
    Why’s Q on there?

Ridiculous. It impoverishes the poster. And there are 3 shots of Bond in it. An unflattering shot of Lea. And all the shots are cut out of the character posters. What a poor excuse of a poster, IMO.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Univex wrote: »
    Why’s Q on there?

Ridiculous. It impoverishes the poster. And there are 3 shots of Bond in it. An unflattering shot of Lea. And all the shots are cut out of the character posters. What a poor excuse of a poster, IMO.

Is it possible this is one of the fan posters from that competition they were doing?
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Why’s Q on there?

Is it possible this is one of the fan posters from that competition they were doing?

That competition didn’t allow publicity stills/images. Just art.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    there are 3 shots of Bond in it.
    Yeah, not a fan of the same character appearing more than twice on the same poster. I admit I've been guilty of doing this in the past. I do like this new poster though, it feels a bit closer to the posters of old.
  • Starting to get nervous that DB5 poster with Madeleine would be the final poster. This one looks much better. Although I get MI Fallout vibes from it.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited February 2020 Posts: 3,018
    Eng. version

6gkd3S9.jpg
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I like the old style that this poster evokes. Certainly the best of the NTTD ones I've seen so far.
    Has this been confirmed as being official though. Nothing on the official site as of yet.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited February 2020 Posts: 7,518
    Benny wrote: »
    I like the old style that this poster evokes. Certainly the best of the NTTD ones I've seen so far.
    Has this been confirmed as being official though. Nothing on the official site as of yet.

Didn’t Universal post it?

Thank you @Contraband and @marketto007 as always.
    Benny wrote: »

Didn’t Universal post it?

Thank you @Contraband and @marketto007 as always.

Yeah multiple Universal international accounts released it.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4,416
    Madeline so big on right should not have been ot it and no motor with Bond but only shot of Italy or mabey Dali Benssalah insteed. Ben on the poster works better without Lea.

Earlier black&white with blue text will look amazing in street promotion, i hope see it there.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I love it. It has been decades since we got a poster as good as this.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 17,241
    I like the most recent poster, but I agree with @mtm that the silhouette-acting-as-a-mask design has been done A LOT for several years now.

For that reason, this one almost feels a bit out of place with the rest of them, IMO.

…and it almost looks as if Bond is on a midnight stroll; they could have picked a photo with a bit more tension to it – or at least one where he's holding a gun.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    The little image of Safin on the left has him wearing a full face mask. First time I've noticed that. Any significance at all to anything we know about/suspect plot wise?
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    edited February 2020 Posts: 371
    It's a solid poster but I don't know why do they have 3 different pictures of Craig, it's a major vibe killer. Also they are obviously playing a Malek card. He even seems like a lead.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    It's okay. I honestly like the Bond/Maddie poster better and think that will be the one I order a print of. Seriously, why did Q make the poster? I love Q, but that seems cherry picked.
  • Agent_47Agent_47 Canada
    It comes across as one of the laziest posters for a Bond film. Taking a number of already released images and stringing them together, it does nothing for me.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Ryan wrote: »
    It's okay. I honestly like the Bond/Maddie poster better and think that will be the one I order a print of. Seriously, why did Q make the poster? I love Q, but that seems cherry picked.

Regarding Q: he got a character poster with the rest of the main cast, while M and Moneypenny were among the secondary cast members in the second batch.
    Either Ben Wishaw has a very good agent and has negotiated his contract pretty well, or (and that’s my personal theory) Q will have a fairly large role in the plot.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland

I'm also a fan of the new Q but it is strange to have him on the poster. Especially in such a “posing way“.
    The poster is okay...
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Contraband wrote: »
    Eng. version

6gkd3S9.jpg

Awesome! :D
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    Seriously, why did Q make the poster? I love Q, but that seems cherry picked.

It's obvious that EON is riding Malek/Whishaw hype train. They have to appeal to millennials somehow.
  • I'll be honest, on reflection, it isn't that good. Once again, Eon have set the bar very very very low with the recent posters. So anything with even the smallest measure of creativity feels like a breakthrough....this still isn't that great. It's hugely reliant on the character posters from December.

I actually think I prefer the moodier poster with the bullet holes and Daniel Craig. Very interested to see which ones are going to be on London buses and on the tube walls.
    QQ7 wrote: »
    Seriously, why did Q make the poster? I love Q, but that seems cherry picked.

It's obvious that EON is riding Malek/Whishaw hype train. They have to appeal to millennials somehow.

Rami Malek is really grabbing my attention in that poster.....Eon are hyping him up considerably!

source.gif