No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited February 2020 Posts: 14,861
    mtm wrote: »
    Other interesting points with the full credited poster:
    • Ana de Armas is nowhere to be seen anymore. So is her role incredibly minor or did her agent get a bad deal?

She hasn't been seen in anything but the Cuban(?) evening scene so far, so I'd guess she's a very minor character.

At the same time, I'm not expecting Naomie Harris for example to have a large role either, but she is billed.

She does at least appear in several scenes in different locations and different outfits though: her role looks to be much larger than de Armas'. There's a good chance that Waltz is in it less than Harris is.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Other interesting points with the full credited poster:
    • Ana de Armas is nowhere to be seen anymore. So is her role incredibly minor or did her agent get a bad deal?

She hasn't been seen in anything but the Cuban(?) evening scene so far, so I'd guess she's a very minor character.

At the same time, I'm not expecting Naomie Harris for example to have a large role either, but she is billed.

She does at least appear in several scenes in different locations and different outfits though: her role looks to be much larger than de Armas'. There's a good chance that Waltz is in it less than Harris is.

At least Monica Bellucci got the 'with' credit last time. I call shenanigans, but both Waltz's and Wright's agents got a good deal getting their clients the 'with' credits, due to clout.
    antovolk wrote: »
    ERUEdUEXYAE2_yd?format=jpg

UK version the PRs just emailed. Looks like this is our theatrical poster.

Little bit surreal to finally have a Bond director finally credited as a writer.

I suspect it has informally happened quite a bit in the last 58 years.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I'm pretty sure Peter Hunt had a lot saying in the story of OHMSS, for once.
  • duke_togoduke_togo france
    It's nice but not very Bondian , is it the final poster ?
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 3,126

When I first saw it I wasn't very impressed it looked like someone with fan art but maybe it will grow on me its it's alright. I'm probably not in the right headspace anyway.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    Awesome poster!
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    The Poster seems like a change in tone....it throws away the usual Bondian style and goes for intensity to match the film.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    duke_togo wrote: »

With those credits on, I'm not expecting another one.

That said, there are always a few different versions.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4,548
    Awkward wording here:

"with Jeffrey Wright with Christoph Waltz and Ralph Fiennes as 'M' "

Together Waltz and Fiennes play "M"?

Sorry. My writing background takes hold sometimes.

What makes a poster "Bondian?" I am not sure what elements make this "unBondian." We have Bond, face dirty and bleeding; we have the bullet marks on the glass; we have the Bond girl; we have the film title with the 007 logo.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 3,126
    TripAces wrote: »
    Awkward wording here:

That would be an interesting twist haha I've been expecting you mr. Bond. Blofeld as Bond's boss.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Is it the first time the DB5 has made it to the main poster?

(Even if you can barely see it!)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    JWPepper wrote: »
    Awesome poster!

Agreed. I really like it.

Not necessarily final - we'll likely get more banners etc - but it is the main theatrical one.
  • JG007JG007 Manchester, UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 78
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Cool, another magazine to collect. @Red_Snow Cheers mate!
  • JG007JG007 Manchester, UK
    JG007 wrote: »
    I like the poster. Teaser was weak, latest IMAX poster and this are certainly improvements and I think cool.

I’m sure for some they feel the theatrical poster could have been more, well theatrical, but it’s better than the teaser and it’s fine.

Nice to see a good steady stream of material now. Just wondering on a potential trailer 2. Would the first week of March be likely?...
    I know there is a separate thread for this, it was just a thought that came to mind when thinking of the continuing material we’re now getting. Which is EXCELLENT to see !!

🍸

• duke_togoduke_togo france
    edited February 2020 Posts: 138
    Awkward wording here:

What makes a poster "Bondian?" I am not sure what elements make this "unBondian." We have Bond, face dirty and bleeding; we have the bullet marks on the glass; we have the Bond girl; we have the film title with the 007 logo.

No tux; no suit, nor gun ,it looks more like a poster for a casual action movie (maybe a good one) with Craig , if we didn't know that NTTD was a Bond movie,we wouldn't guess it was one for sure, it's a nice poster though...But not Bondian, for me.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Having the girl positioned next to Bond like that reminds me of the DAD poster!

Jinx, you say?
  • Hoping Hans work sounds like this...

Will be epic.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    @peter up to 5 million? Wow that takes the sting out of not getting a credit. Thanks mate

Love the poster, looks very intense and dramatic. I like to think there is a very subtle nod at OHMSS, with Bond look toward a bullet hole as if he's staring into his and mainly Madeline's fate
    It is a shame Ana doesn't get a credit but maybe that confirms what we've suspected
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Jordo007 wrote: »

Love the poster, looks very intense and dramatic. I like to think there is a very subtle nod at OHMSS, with Bond look toward a bullet hole as if he's staring into his and mainly Madeline's fate.

My first thought was of OHMSS too. I am not sure if it's intentional though.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Awkward wording here:

No tux; no suit, nor gun ,it looks more like a poster for a casual action movie (maybe a good one) with Craig , if we didn't know that NTTD was a Bond movie,we wouldn't guess it was one for sure, it's a nice poster though...But not Bondian, for me.

Luckily everyone does know it's for a Bond movie! :) It's got a picture of James Bond on it, with the 007 logo just next him, surrounded by bullet holes! I think that 58 years in they'd be forgiven for thinking that folks know a Bond movie when they see one ;)

Just looking at it again: that is a fantastic photo of him, isn't it? I almost fancy him myself! :D
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited February 2020 Posts: 2,541
    So now we have awesome posters (2 if we count the latest one). 2 BTS footage( Jamaica and Matera), trailer and a song.
    I am good :)
    Still i believe there will be a second trailer, may be a minute long and a full Music video.

I'm not on the ball here. is that really the official final poster?
    I absolutely love it!!!!!!!!!
  • BMWTREKPSEBMWTREKPSE Colorado

LOVE IT! I dig the blue. It reminds me a bit of the Sin City posters.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Just because you gotta line 'em up...

Craig-Posters.jpg
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    I never assumed at any point that Ana de Armas would have a big role, so finding out she didn't make it on the poster is no surprise. She's not the leading lady of the film, just a notable side character that helps out Bond during a sequence.
    Paloma definitely could become one of the most popular minor Bond girls ever. Having Madeleine as the main one a second time is really interesting first for the series.