No Time to Die production thread

Comments

mtm wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    IMAX poster is by http://www.timetomorrow.com/folio

First Bond poster in god knows how long not by Empire? Unless they also didn't do the previous IMAX posters

Interestingly, that portfolio also includes work that's on Empire's site, like the poster artwork for Judy (the project description also says "Created at Empire Design, London")

They appear to implement campaigns too; so they did some work in the Skyfall campaign but by adapting elements created by Empire to a local market.
    Just noticed that now. Might be that Empire outsources some campaign work or something like that.

Well I would guess it’s like most global marketing campaigns for anything: one agency comes up with the key design elements and strategy and then local agencies adapt it to suit their particular markets and formats.

Exactly. Every market needs the promotional material to be tailored to specific needs/requirements etc.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Full res IMAX poster
    B025010INTL_Digital_Exclusive_Poster_2746x4096px_ENG_V1_R3_master-rev-1.jpg

Thanks mate
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Lovely, thank you. I do love the [IMAX Poster] image but I do wonder why his front wheel is spinning when his rear one (the one actually driven by the engine) isn’t! :D
    I'm thinking the (airborne) cycle made contact with the rear wheel first, getting traction and slowing/stopping with the clutch engaged. The front wheel kept spinning. Or something like that.

• peterpeter Toronto
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Do we know the extent of Scott and Paul's work on the script? As for Boyle and Hodge, I'm not surprised, I think it's safe to say they're script was buried after they left. It may pop up some day. The actual credits make sense. Purvis and Wade's story with Cary's vision and Phoebe Waller-Bridge's additions with dialogue and female characters.

I'm taking a stab here @Denbigh : I think he came on specifically to tighten action sequences (how long was his work? Three weeks?).
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    peter wrote: »
    Do we know the extent of Scott and Paul's work on the script? As for Boyle and Hodge, I'm not surprised, I think it's safe to say they're script was buried after they left. It may pop up some day. The actual credits make sense. Purvis and Wade's story with Cary's vision and Phoebe Waller-Bridge's additions with dialogue and female characters.

I'm taking a stab here @Denbigh : I think he came on specifically to tighten action sequences (how long was his work? Three weeks?).

It is a shame for Scott Z Burns if he is uncredited. Didn't EON scout him as a potential writer for years as well
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    zOO6Z6F.jpg
    lX0s4eF.jpg
    dz2ZSeJ.png
    UEqmpTt.jpg
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    peter wrote: »

It is a shame for Scott Z Burns if he is uncredited. Didn't EON scout him as a potential writer for years as well

don't feel too bad @Jordo007 ...As I'm telling @Shardlake -- script doctoring is where the money is at in Hollywood. Big paydays for a few weeks of work. Tarantino can fetch $5 million for as little as two weeks of work. Burns, I imagine is very high-priced as well.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Contraband wrote: »
    zOO6Z6F.jpg
    lX0s4eF.jpg
    dz2ZSeJ.png
    UEqmpTt.jpg

Lovely stuff!
    zOO6Z6F.jpg
    lX0s4eF.jpg
    dz2ZSeJ.png
    UEqmpTt.jpg

Lovely stuff!

Italy is sooo ugly... *Barf* :P
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    I can't remember the other IMAX ones; what were they like? Was there one with him leaning against the DB10 or something? I don't remember them being as strong as this one to be honest.

553401_535084233173159_1102860636_n.jpg

151016-spectre-imax-poster-472.jpg

I'm hoping they hand out 13x19" IMAX posters at my theater again. I need to add a NTTD poster to my wall.

85O4l7x.jpg
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    zOO6Z6F.jpg
    lX0s4eF.jpg
    dz2ZSeJ.png
    UEqmpTt.jpg

Lovely stuff!

Italy is sooo ugly... *Barf* :P

Haha!
    Can't believe were about 6 weeks away from NTTD.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Anyone think Paloma might die?
    I only say this because if Felix dies/is kidnapped, and Ash betrays the CIA or dies, what happens to Paloma?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited February 2020 Posts: 12,459
    Love the IMAX poster and Matera photos.

I don't think ALL the Matera scenes are in the PTS, though.
    I think they are most likely going for an emotional PTS, not just a risky adventurous stunt driven one. This one seems likely to jump into the emotional pull for Bond strongly, catapulting us into a higher than usual emotional layer right off the bat. With strong stunts and action, sure. Light humor in it? I am unsure. Though I think enough humor will be in this film.

So if the first 20 minutes are all pre-title ... we are in for a long, dramatic story. Me thinks. B-) This makes me happy the whole film is going to be about 2:45 or 2:50. I think Cary values not skimping on certain elements of a film. I cannot help but remember how very fine nearly every episode of True Detective was under his helm. And I mean in particular visually and the storytelling. It was well paced and compelling and had stunning cinematography at times.
    I like this poster but I can’t understand why they haven’t used the shot of Bond walking away from the Volante for one of the posters. This is classic Bond.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/IMAX-Reveals-Exclusive-NO-TIME-TO-DIE-Artwork-20200220
  • wetnellywetnelly Nearby
    Loved the Esquire article. One thing I did find interesting having gone to view the cars on display in London, the trick NTTD DB5 has holographic plates , revealing the new Italian licence plate, not revolving. Presumably a way to save weight in the vehicle. , and all the strafing on the body are very well designed stickers!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    New magazine from Starburst, issue #470 March 2020 featuring interview with Jeffrey Wright:

49564915672_0081306863_o.jpg

https://www.starburstmagazine.com/features/issue-470-now
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 3,164

Can we save the video somehow?
    Official BTS video featurette from Matera https://www.notimetodie.dhl/en

Yep, sending you a link with it in a bit.
    Penpen wrote: »
    Official BTS video featurette from Matera https://www.notimetodie.dhl/en

Yep, sending you a link with it in a bit.

Cool
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited February 2020 Posts: 3,157

"Does Bond die in the movie?"
    Bond doesn't die. He never dies
    Massive cred to @antovolk for the find and to @Penpen for helping out

Bookmark https://www.notimetodie.dhl/en -- More vlogs coming

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Can someone upload that video on YouTube or somewhere?
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4,548

You can see it if you go straight to the Twitter page.
    Love the IMAX poster and Matera photos.

I don't think ALL the Matera scenes are in the PTS, though.
    I think they are most likely going for an emotional PTS, not just a risky adventurous stunt driven one. This one seems likely to jump into the emotional pull for Bond strongly, catapulting us into a higher than usual emotional layer right off the bat. With strong stunts and action, sure. Light humor in it? I am unsure. Though I think enough humor will be in this film.

So if the first 20 minutes are all pre-title ... we are in for a long, dramatic story. Me thinks. B-) This makes me happy the whole film is going to be about 2:45 or 2:50. I think Cary values not skimping on certain elements of a film. I cannot help but remember how very fine nearly every episode of True Detective was under his helm. And I mean in particular visually and the storytelling. It was well paced and compelling and had stunning cinematography at times.

It is possible that not everything in that Matera sequence is in the PTS, which would be awkward--but still possible.

Perhaps we get...1. Norway sequence. 2. Bond with Madeleine, enjoying time together; 3. The grave scene; 4. The motorcycle chase; 5. The jump off the bridge...into the PTS

Post PTS. 1. Bond goes back to the room and gets Madeleine. 2. Car chase. 3. Train station.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    TripAces wrote: »

You can see it if you go straight to the Twitter page.

I have seen it but I want to download it.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    How lovely does the Vantage look in that brief shot driving past that pub?

The pub is here, incidentally: https://www.google.com/maps/@51.5045723,-0.1090333,3a,75y,208.34h,89.81t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sbhCJYmPJl2U22IwV3j3epQ!2e0!6s//geo3.ggpht.com/cbk?panoid=bhCJYmPJl2U22IwV3j3epQ&output=thumbnail&cb_client=maps_sv.tactile.gps&thumb=2&w=203&h=100&yaw=337.30273&pitch=0&thumbfov=100!7i16384!8i8192

Fun little fact for Dr Who fans: the road the Aston is driving out of is this road here:
    148-remembrance.jpg?w=584&h=464

:D
    From DHL's vlog

s80A2hg.jpg
    uMhVZ8E.jpg
    pacZkCK.jpg
    wzzmf9U.jpg
    FmqMySB.jpg
    k39kYXc.jpg
    o9DzKw3.jpg
    3nqYIAq.jpg
    phbCMoL.jpg
    uJtkVKP.jpg
    iwqGK2j.jpg
    1xef4Jh.jpg
    QCcXhZ0.jpg
    L6CW90L.jpg
    vK1PCuP.jpg
    fQPuX7a.jpg
    jKhwBvI.jpg
    PcQzkal.jpg
    wjdiv3B.jpg
    a3uTiWg.jpg
    7zC9nlH.jpg
    5avMHHz.jpg
    QprXJxy.jpg
    nczAdK8.jpg
    LcUgTV0.jpg
    M1z9WUz.jpg
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Great behind the scenes video! This film is gonna be quite something and isn't that the pub from Kingsman??
  • Denbigh wrote: »
    Great behind the scenes video! This film is gonna be quite something and isn't that the pub from Kingsman??

I think they filmed in a pub around Vauxhall. This pub is around Borough