NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    @ToTheRight
    I actually want to them to just go for it. Don't hold back. Treat this like a proper finale.
  • silva13silva13 Australia
    @Denbigh
    I agree. I want them to go all out. Ofcourse it would be terribly sad if felix dies but it also dramatically raises the stakes for Bond. Everything should end in this film thematically speaking except bonds life.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    silva13 wrote: »
    @Denbigh
    I agree. I want them to go all out. Ofcourse it would be terribly sad if felix dies but it also dramatically raises the stakes for Bond. Everything should end in this film thematically speaking except bonds life.

Yeah, this os exactly how I feel.
    On one hand I don't like the idea of Felix dying because that'd make me sad (regardless of whether he's going to return during next era), on the other hand it would definitely raise the stakes. I to this day wish someone died in Spectre to raise the stakes (though Lucia Sciarra is the only who comes to mind)
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    QBranch wrote: »
    I1ZEpMm.jpg

I take it it's common knowledge here now that Moneypenny's clothing attire is a direct nod to the real Scooby Gang's Fred Jones? Well played, Eon. Well played.

150px-Fred_Jones.png

Q likes to sport the Shaggy Rogers hair do these days .

latest?cb=20160214195525
    Nice, @ToTheRight.
    6d87cc9301d3af613913f72815183ba20561d80a.png
    On one hand I don't like the idea of Felix dying because that'd make me sad (regardless of whether he's going to return during next era), on the other hand it would definitely raise the stakes. I to this day wish someone died in Spectre to raise the stakes (though Lucia Sciarra is the only who comes to mind)
    [/quote]
    when main characters die, tension increases as does fear. And Felix dying might be the reason Bond continues to London at this point, pushing him further towards the villain behind it all. Yeah that is so what spectre needed, even if Q got kidnapped in Austria thus giving Bond an actual reason to journey to blofeld alone. Bloody anything would have increased the stakes in that movie
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4,548
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that no-one through any of the marketing for this has complained about the five year gap? It's like there never was one haha :D

It is essentially a 4 1/2 year gap, not much more than the 4 years between QoS and SF.

silva13 wrote: »
    when main characters die, tension increases as does fear. And Felix dying might be the reason Bond continues to London at this point, pushing him further towards the villain behind it all. Yeah that is so what spectre needed, even if Q got kidnapped in Austria thus giving Bond an actual reason to journey to blofeld alone. Bloody anything would have increased the stakes in that movie
    [/quote]

Going that route takes us into...
    LTK territory.
    I don’t like the line “it’ll be the death of you.” Sounds too cliched and corny.

Of course I’ll reserve my judgment until I’ve seen the film but everything I’ve seen of the Nomi character so far, I don’t like. She seems to be exactly what I feared she would be.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Bounine wrote: »
    I don’t like the line “it’ll be the death of you.” Sounds too cliched and corny.

Of course I’ll reserve my judgment until I’ve seen the film but everything I’ve seen of the Nomi character so far, I don’t like. She seems to be exactly what I feared she would be.

You and me both.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Wasn't Skyfall the same?

S0xRSiFYUpsAeS3X1k2s8rPhjIdlRYR9gSJNCNWtnYs.jpg?auto=webp&s=250cdfd93888853d637f67818c9a80c66023d175

That is so cool is that every frame?
    Remington wrote: »

You and me both.

Same here I'm glad I'm not alone.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Best twist of an ending. I would love it if they went for the ultimate bait and switch, with the film ending with Bond (still 007) in a boat with the Cuban chick, sailing away from the exploding villain’s base in the background. JAMES BOND will return in (place specific title here).

That would really put a massive smile on my face.
    Remington wrote: »

You and me both.

God forbid they could have made her a normal, friendly person. She might very well hinder my overall enjoyment of the film.

Are we going to get another full length trailer? I’m wondering at this stage if we actually will.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Contraband wrote: »
    Explosion: I think it's

Scientist Valdo (David Dencik) on the floor -- Bond has the same suit pants/white shirt as in the town-shootout scenes) and he's sent on a mission to Cuba by Felix to rescue the scientist.

That makes sense.
    I wasn't able to see clearly who the guy on the floor is, but everyone said it was Felix so I assumed they were right.

Based on Bond's outfit, this is in Cuba, and I remember reading an article recently which said that Felix cannot go there because he is CIA.

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,834

Scientist Valdo (David Dencik) on the floor -- Bond has the same suit pants/white shirt as in the town-shootout scenes) and he's sent on a mission to Cuba by Felix to rescue the scientist.

That makes sense.
    I wasn't able to see clearly who the guy on the floor is, but everyone said it was Felix so I assumed they were right.

Based on Bond's outfit, this is in Cuba, and I remember reading an article recently which said that Felix cannot go there because he is CIA.
    Yeah but @Contraband @Superintendent
    The guy on the floor seems to be wearing the same outfit as Leiter in Jamaica. Also, he may not be allowed in Cuba, but doesn't mean Safin doesn't want him in Cuba. He could be kidnapped and taken there?

Again even though it seems like a massive spoiler, I have no real idea of how this sequence will play out.

The guy on the floor seems to be wearing the same outfit as Leiter in Jamaica. Also, he may not be allowed in Cuba, but doesn't mean Safin doesn't want him in Cuba. He could be kidnapped and taken there?

Again even though it seems like a massive spoiler, I have no real idea of how this sequence will play out.
    [/quote]
    perhaps Bond refuses to aid Felix and Felix is caught and kept on the boat and Bond has to rescue him?? Speculation is such fun!! a
    00Dalton7 wrote: »

H I M .....

To my ears as well.
    It's not a contest. A caption won't explain why some people hear "him" while others hear "you". My comments are about the phenomenon............... not the word itself.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    I hope it turns out he really did say "him" and that the film proceeds to never explain what Blofeld meant by that line!
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited February 2020 Posts: 3,018

That makes sense.

@Denbigh @Superintendent Let's say..
    .. we're in cuban waters and it's Valdo, being kept on that boat (it does look like a engine room) and Bond is there to rescue him -- after his shoot-out frenzy in downtown Havana. But then the boat explodeas from the seaplane attack (Ash Logan? might be flying it)

But then again, Denbigh, you're right about Felix outfit. Seems to be the t-shirt from the bar scene.

• w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    In the theatrical trailer I definitely hear "you" but one of the spots it sounds like "him". Let's wait until the movies release. Remember in Spectre when it says "you know who links them all?" And Bond says "me" but the final film he says "him"
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 13,879
    QBranch wrote: »
    00Agent wrote: »

He blows up 6 or 7 soldiers in that explosion alone.
    He really goes to town in that final battle :))
    I wonder what the bodycount will be.
    See that rifle? Watch this space. ;)
    Out of curiosity, do we know what make of rifle it is?
    It's a Colt M4, but with an even shorter barrel again. That's what I'm using as a base to build upon.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.

That makes sense.

You could be right. We'll find out soon.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited February 2020 Posts: 15,686
    Some promo material for Land Rover's new Defender:

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    Anyone else feel like this Land Rover sequence is like a modern version of a couple sequences in FRWL?
    Anyone else feel like this Land Rover sequence is like a modern version of a couple sequences in FRWL?

Interesting comparison.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    If this 1 minute ad foreshadows any of that which is to come in a much larger scene in NTTD, I can't wait to see it.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I hope it turns out he really did say "him" and that the film proceeds to never explain what Blofeld meant by that line!

What if Him is Safin's nickname?
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Likely it's just his pronoun. Could be an acronym, though. Another evil organization as H.I.M. (fits the #metoo ethos) or variations on that.

Or is it "hymn", with the villain losing his religion. Lots of possibilities.

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    delfloria wrote: »
    00Dalton7 wrote: »

H I M .....

To my ears as well.

I have not being weighing in on this debate.

Yes, the accent is odd, but It is a YOU.
  • BMWTREKPSEBMWTREKPSE Colorado
    I saw this soda Paloma/Ana De Armas was drinking ID somewhere and I can't find it again anywhere. Maybe it was here, maybe Reddit, maybe Insta..... Does anyone know what this is????

jkiimticayh41.png
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Probably something Cuban.