NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    silva13 wrote: »
    @NickTwentyTwo ah thankyou for clearing that up. I know it was common but did not realise the answer was so simple 🤣

No worries; I think there are some examples in film where you can even catch mirrored text, or a driver on the wrong side of the car :P This 'flow' that's created through mirroring shots is obviously very important to film makers.

Yeah some wierd shot editing stuff sort of thing about reflections I think Safin says to Bond I see my reflection

"I could be looking at my own reflection" because Bond and Safin both allegedly have a history of violence.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    silva13 wrote: »
    @NickTwentyTwo ah thankyou for clearing that up. I know it was common but did not realise the answer was so simple 🤣

No worries; I think there are some examples in film where you can even catch mirrored text, or a driver on the wrong side of the car :P This 'flow' that's created through mirroring shots is obviously very important to film makers.

Yeah some wierd shot editing stuff sort of thing about reflections I think Safin says to Bond I see my reflection

"I could be looking at my own reflection" because Bond and Safin both allegedly have a history of violence.
    • Mirrors
    • Reflections
    • Dialities (dead self / living self)

These have been heavy Jungian motifs in the DC era.
  • silva13 wrote: »
    tbh I was expecting some vlog style video talking about the decision to bring Madeleine back. Not some bs promotional video showing us stuff we've already seen.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    QBranch wrote: »
    00Agent wrote: »

He blows up 6 or 7 soldiers in that explosion alone.
    He really goes to town in that final battle :))
    I wonder what the bodycount will be.
    See that rifle? Watch this space. ;)

giphy.webp
  • silva13silva13 Australia
    @2Wint2Kidd so was I tbh. I suppose general audience can bypass SP if they give one for Blofeld as well! Haha
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    @00Agent Haha.. One flip sight alone costs over 100 bucks! :O
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    @00Agent Haha.. One flip sight alone costs over 100 bucks! :O

c8163eaa-3c8e-4351-95c2-d6085a552a34_text_hi.gif
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 4,400
    Something about Nomi in this shot that looks unnatural - the lighting on the face makes her look as thought she has cut-and-paste into the scene......however, the light on her leg matches the light hitting Moneypenny. So it's probably real.

I1ZEpMm.jpg

Initially I thought they were hiding the fact she was '007' in this scene and it was her introduction. Could this scene play out before or directly after the Wakefield Prison scenes?

191227-no-time-to-die-lashana-lynch-lea-seydoux.jpg

Also, the scene must play near this one as all the costumes match (the light just makes MP's shirt look blue):

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.onecms.io%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F6%2F2020%2F01%2Fb25_12251_r-2000.jpg

Also......in terms of spoiler discussion:
    I'm confused why Felix needs Bond's help with an 'off the books' mission in Cuba. Only then to also go to Cuba with him. Surely the point of asking for Bond's help is ensure there isn't a CIA presence? Right?

Nonetheless, it looks as though Felix is going to Cuba and that he isn't in formal attire. Which means he is up to something else. Nonetheless, not only doe sit look like he's bit shot but also hit by a fireball

EQ2oqeIWsAEGiCj?format=jpg&name=small

EQ2oqeBXUAAp8Q4?format=jpg&name=small

I suspect that it all goes wrong in Cuba early on.....Bond discovers Spectre are back, Safin introduces himself and Felix dies. I also suspect this man is a traitor and kills Felix:

billy-magnussen.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1

Also, getting Steve McQueen vibes from this screencap:

EQ1-UDDWkAAN_i7?format=jpg&name=small
    km16 wrote: »
    Man, if they really kill off Felix, I'm not quite sure how I'm gonna react. Really dislike it to be honest. If they are going to do anything with him, they need to stick with Fleming and maim him, in my opinion.

I think that's going to be the second option.
    I1ZEpMm.jpg

I take it it's common knowledge here now that Moneypenny's clothing attire is a direct nod to the real Scooby Gang's Fred Jones? Well played, Eon. Well played.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,869
    Bring on April 2nd :)
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    I1ZEpMm.jpg

I take it it's common knowledge here now that Moneypenny's clothing attire is a direct nod to the real Scooby Gang's Fred Jones? Well played, Eon. Well played.

Really not a fan of Q's new tamed hair do :(
  • RyanRyan Canada
    I know many are tired of the growing presence of MI6 regulars in the Craig era, but personally, I love it. Kinnear, Fiennes, Whishaw, and Harris are highlights of the films for me. I think this might be the best batch of regulars we've had collectively since the heyday of Bond (Judi Dench's fantastic portrayal of M not withstanding of course).
    I would like to see Q on his laptop more often, hacking security doors and the like so Bond can infiltrate/escape etc.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 6,677
    I wouldn't. I hate, really, really hate that team dynamic.
    Univex wrote: »
    I hate, really, really hate that
    That's the only reason I want to see it more often! :P

It's not what we're used to, but probably how it is in real life. Q would be the Deus ex machina. :))
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I1ZEpMm.jpg

Bless your heart, @QBranch.
    015edfb724898852b6053a1795cb2a64dbf0c798.png

• MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Funny that they were originally nicknamed the Whitehall Brigade by Mendes but that never stuck with fans. I guess it wasn’t as mocking as Scooby Gang.

Besides, Buffy the Vampire Slayer already took that moniker.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 6,677
    I1ZEpMm.jpg

150px-Fred_Jones.png
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    00Agent wrote: »

He blows up 6 or 7 soldiers in that explosion alone.
    He really goes to town in that final battle :))
    I wonder what the bodycount will be.
    See that rifle? Watch this space. ;)

Out of curiosity, do we know what make of rifle it is?
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 787
    AR-15, if memory serves. He's using something more exotic in Cuba.
  • Agreed about Nomi looking 'pasted in' to that shot. Scale, light, resolution... something seems off.
  • GatecrasherGatecrasher Classified
    I’m so sick and tired of the Scooby Doo gang. Can we just get back to the basics with the Mi6 staff after the Craig era? Mission from M, some playful banter between Moneypenny and Bond, and Q’s workshop. I think I’m just ready for the classic hallmarks to return, as the constant interference between the SD gang and Bond over the last films since Skyfall has worn out its welcome.
  • 00Dalton700Dalton7 Portsmouth

H I M .....
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    That's not an official channel.
    I’m so sick and tired of the Scooby Doo gang. Can we just get back to the basics with the Mi6 staff after the Craig era? Mission from M, some playful banter between Moneypenny and Bond, and Q’s workshop. I think I’m just ready for the classic hallmarks to return, as the constant interference between the SD gang and Bond over the last films since Skyfall has worn out its welcome.

To be fair, it was only in SP that the whole MI6 crew came out on field.
    And so far all we’ve seen of them in NTTD clips is them being in their offices... isn’t that what we all asked for?
  • I am still amazed that barely anyone is commenting on the teal and orange galore in this film , especially as Mendes got so much bashing for his yellow filter in SP.

EVERYTHING we have seen from NTTD so far screams teal and orange right in your face up to a level that I have never seen in Hollywood before.

- Matera: all orange including Craigs wardrobe with a particular teal ish sky
    - Kuba: Mostly teal with bits of orange
    - Norway: all teal
    - Safins hideount incl. his wardrobe: all teal
    - the laboratory: all teal
    - bonds house on Jamaica: orange; except for interior lighting teal
    - bar in which Bond and Felix meet: all teal
    - MI6 floor: Walls are rather teal than white
    - Interrogation room: teal
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    danielcc wrote: »
    I am still amazed that barely anyone is commenting on the teal and orange galore in this film , especially as Mendes got so much bashing for his yellow filter in SP.

EVERYTHING we have seen from NTTD so far screams teal and orange right in your face up to a level that I have never seen in Hollywood before.

- Matera: all orange including Craigs wardrobe with a particular teal ish sky
    - Kuba: Mostly teal with bits of orange
    - Norway: all teal
    - Safins hideount incl. his wardrobe: all teal
    - the laboratory: all teal
    - bonds house on Jamaica: orange; except for interior lighting teal
    - bar in which Bond and Felix meet: all teal
    - MI6 floor: Walls are rather teal than white
    - Interrogation room: teal
    Welcome to the world of modern cinematography.