What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

17880828384

Comments

  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Posts: 10,569
    I'm really digging the sound of that snippet. Similar intro to Skyfall but slightly more haunting.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Posts: 524
    I'm so, so very excited! That piano bit gives me chills. I hope it's as haunting and foreboding as Skyfall, that seems to fit this film and its intense villain well.

    And it's actually called No Time To Die - I'm over the moon. This is really excellent news that Craig gets another song with the title of the film in it!

    Now, I'm curious to discover if
    1) The song relies on the Bond theme or has a snippet of it in there somewhere - I adore it when Bond songs do this.
    2) The melody of the song is recognisable as an instrumental, and if it's something that Hans Zimmer could use for scoring
    3) The lyrics of the song give something away in terms of plot details, if we can connect some dots
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4,684
    I wonder if we're getting a music video as well? Maybe with a couple of new shots from the film?
  • Posts: 13,169
    Ryan wrote: »
    Loving the snippet so far. Stylistically it's not unlike Skyfall with the moody piano introduction. Not a bad thing at all. Hurry up tomorrow!

    That snippet reminds me slightly of Arnold's music as the Algerian love knot lays in the snow just before the gunbarrel in QoS.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,172
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I wonder if we're getting a music video as well? Maybe with a couple of new shots from the film?

    Probably closer to release. At least that's how it was with WOTW
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    Posts: 323
    Can it be released with new trailer?
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Posts: 6,660
    I could definitely see Zimmer utilising that song in the score, especially considering he worked on it as well.

    I didn't expect it to come out so early, especially when you compare the timetable to WOTW, which only popped up a month before release.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Posts: 3,157
    Now, I'm curious to discover if
    1) The song relies on the Bond theme or has a snippet of it in there somewhere - I adore it when Bond songs do this.
    2) The melody of the song is recognisable as an instrumental, and if it's something that Hans Zimmer could use for scoring
    3) The lyrics of the song give something away in terms of plot details, if we can connect some dots

    Same! I can't wait! :D
  • Posts: 13,169
    Just based on that little snippet, it sounds like it may be a very slow ballad.
    As long as it doesn't sound reminiscent of..................

    I know you dream a lot
    Holding on to lies




    And you wait around
    For someone to know where you hide


    I think I'll be happy with it.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Posts: 6,189
    I love the sound of that snippet; I don’t know what the instrument is but it’s very similar to one used on one of my favorite pieces from the soundtrack to the movie, Rogue, very haunting.


  • How can the song not be called a 'No Time to Die'. It's a gift of a title, so much rhythms with 'die'

    The more I listen to that tease, the more I get serious vibes that it is reminiscent of this man's work.....................................................................

    david_arnold_dad.jpg
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Posts: 7,475
    The title song discussion thread is now open.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Posts: 9,091
    Cool stuff; sounds like it’ll be a quiet and dramatic one (to start anyway!) - looking forward to it! :)
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Ryan wrote: »
    Loving the snippet so far. Stylistically it's not unlike Skyfall with the moody piano introduction. Not a bad thing at all. Hurry up tomorrow!

    That snippet reminds me slightly of Arnold's music as the Algerian love knot lays in the snow just before the gunbarrel in QoS.

    You mean.. Another Way To Die? :)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Posts: 9,091
    NicNac wrote: »
    The title song discussion thread is now open.

    First achievement unlocked! :D
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Posts: 7,475
    mtm wrote: »
    NicNac wrote: »
    The title song discussion thread is now open.

    First achievement unlocked! :D

    It’s a big moment;)
  • Posts: 13,169
    mtm wrote: »
    Cool stuff; sounds like it’ll be a quiet and dramatic one (to start anyway!) - looking forward to it! :)
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Ryan wrote: »
    Loving the snippet so far. Stylistically it's not unlike Skyfall with the moody piano introduction. Not a bad thing at all. Hurry up tomorrow!

    That snippet reminds me slightly of Arnold's music as the Algerian love knot lays in the snow just before the gunbarrel in QoS.

    You mean.. Another Way To Die? :)

    LOL I couldn't remember the name of the track, but I'm thinking of the closing fade out of I Never Left .
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited February 2020 Posts: 9,091
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    Cool stuff; sounds like it’ll be a quiet and dramatic one (to start anyway!) - looking forward to it! :)
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Ryan wrote: »
    Loving the snippet so far. Stylistically it's not unlike Skyfall with the moody piano introduction. Not a bad thing at all. Hurry up tomorrow!

    That snippet reminds me slightly of Arnold's music as the Algerian love knot lays in the snow just before the gunbarrel in QoS.

    You mean.. Another Way To Die? :)

    LOL I couldn't remember the name of the track, but I'm thinking of the closing fade out of I Never Left .

    Sure; but it's quoting the same repeating piano note from 'Another Way To Die' :) One of the least popular Bond songs around here (although I like it!) so I'm sure others won't want it to sound like that!
    :D
  • Posts: 13,169
    mtm wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    Cool stuff; sounds like it’ll be a quiet and dramatic one (to start anyway!) - looking forward to it! :)
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Ryan wrote: »
    Loving the snippet so far. Stylistically it's not unlike Skyfall with the moody piano introduction. Not a bad thing at all. Hurry up tomorrow!

    That snippet reminds me slightly of Arnold's music as the Algerian love knot lays in the snow just before the gunbarrel in QoS.

    You mean.. Another Way To Die? :)

    LOL I couldn't remember the name of the track, but I'm thinking of the closing fade out of I Never Left .

    Sure; but it's quoting the same repeating piano note from 'Another Way To Die' :) One of the least popular Bond songs around here (although I like it!) so I'm sure others won't want it to sound like that!
    :D

    Count me in as a fan of Another Way To Die, too. I must say I'm pretty excited for tomorrow's reveal.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 2,972
    4am pacific time would be what in England? Midnight?
  • Posts: 5,735
    Contraband wrote: »
    4am pacific time would be what in England? Midnight?

    Yes.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 2,972
    Univex wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    4am pacific time would be what in England? Midnight?

    Yes.

    Gracias
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 2,972
    Here you go:

    Los Angeles 16:00 (PST) 13 febr
    New York 19:00 (EST) 13 febr
    London 00:00/Midnight (GMT) 14 febr
    Sweden 01:00 (CET) 14 febr
    Sydney 11.00 (AEDT) 14 febr
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython The Black Lodge
    Posts: 5,442
    I remember the last two songs were announced to debut on a GMT time during the day, but in this instance it's announced with PT. I guess because Eilish is American that means her song debuts during the day/evening in the US whereas UK gets it at midnight.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts: 5,552
    I imagine it will be available on Spotify / iTunes at these times as well, as Eilish says on her Instagram that the song will be "out" at 4PM PST, rather than "revealed" or what have you.
  • Is that sound snippet going to be the start of the song? They released the opening 15 seconds of WOTW as a tease so they could have easily decided to do the same thing again.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Posts: 4,684
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    Is that sound snippet going to be the start of the song? They released the opening 15 seconds of WOTW as a tease so they could have easily decided to do the same thing again.
    Sure seems that way, and I actually liked the WOTW snippet but was disappointed by the full song :/
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 488
    talos7 wrote: »
    I love the sound of that snippet; I don’t know what the instrument is but it’s very similar to one used on one of my favorite pieces from the soundtrack to the movie, Rogue, very haunting.

    My best guess is that the snippet sound is a synthesized harp for the first three notes and a piano with sostenuto pedal down on the fourth.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Posts: 3,126
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    Is that sound snippet going to be the start of the song? They released the opening 15 seconds of WOTW as a tease so they could have easily decided to do the same thing again.

    It sounds like the opening notes remember when they released the opening strings to writing's on the wall.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Posts: 6,189
    JamesStock wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    I love the sound of that snippet; I don’t know what the instrument is but it’s very similar to one used on one of my favorite pieces from the soundtrack to the movie, Rogue, very haunting.

    My best guess is that the snippet sound is a synthesized harp for the first three notes and a piano with sostenuto pedal down on the fourth.

    Very cool! Thanks
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Posts: 4,364
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    I guess Finneas literally did mean it would be released really soon

    I figured it would be released about six weeks ahead, to give it a little more momentum.
This discussion has been closed.