No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• duke_togoduke_togo france
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    @Denbigh

Bond is not driving the Toyota there. He is driving the V8:
    71154986.jpg?imageId=71154986&x=11.163062536528&y=23.488168273444&cropw=37.580362361192&croph=26.205083260298&width=643&height=300
    Well that's interesting cause he's driving the Toyota in the trailers. Also, we've got a lot of cars in this Norway sequence. I think this is gonna be an extremely impressive sequence in the movie.

I like how when we try to unpack certain scenes we just seem to confuse ourselves even more. Good job EON haha :D

Michael G Wilson already said that there will be 2 big car chases in the movie, the one in Martrea with the DB5 and in Norway with many cars i guess there will be Lynch's Valhalla and Bond will drive the Toyota not sure if the V8 will be involved...
  • Robert Wade (can never remember which one he is) gave a talk today at a University...
    https://mobile.twitter.com/WilliamD1123/status/1227313210358947842
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Huh so it's not 3 hrs long :-?
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 17,241
    I should probably be more interested in the highlights mentioned in the tweet, but all I can think of is the kerning of "Wade" in that screen image… @-)
  • Robert Wade (can never remember which one he is) gave a talk today at a University...

"It's not 3 hours long." What does that even mean?
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 12,242
    I wonder how different his version of NTTD was compared to what we’ll end up with?
    Robert Wade (can never remember which one he is) gave a talk today at a University...

The plot thickens. Interesting he didn't care for Pheobe's rewriting his work.
    Glad it's not 3 hours.
  • ConnorConnor UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 20
    Really not a fan of Purvis and Wade, so to now see he didn't care for Phoebe's rewriting (who I think is a far more talented writer) just makes me think they've become too attached to their Bond work over the years and thats why most of their movies are middling at best.

They could peddle out mediocrity, and take issue with any reasonable and sensible rewrites as if they have some divine right to go unquestioned.
    I adore that he didn't like Phoebe's rewriting of his work. Love it. My confidence on this film has increased by a considerable margin.

Been saying we need better writers since...1999. Cringeworthy is the worth that comes to mind whenever we talk about P&W.

Their method of writing Bond narratives is, IMO as a writer, ridiculous. I've heard and seen countless interviews with the pair, and their depiction of their so called method is frankly appalling. Reading science magazines to look for plot ideias is absurd. They have no grasp on the dynamics, organics, and overall narrative structure that these films need. And they just aren't clever enough for them. We need true wit, true smartness and inventiveness.

I'll never relinquish on how much I abhor these two hacks, no matter how other fans paint their contributions.

I sincerely hope they don't come back for Bond26. But I'm saying this since...well...2002.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    More pics from Miles Nurnberger (Director of Design at Aston Martin Lagonda)

tGv54Av.jpg
    kn7ZmRN.jpg
    vSdZZjq.jpg
    pzVUmg1.jpg
    ByiuzqT.jpg
    2qwzlbw.jpg
    Cargasm. It's a thing.
    Are the mirrors too far out to the sides????????????????????
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Contraband wrote: »

tGv54Av.jpg
    kn7ZmRN.jpg
    vSdZZjq.jpg
    pzVUmg1.jpg
    ByiuzqT.jpg
    2qwzlbw.jpg

AMAZING photos! 😮😮😮 please never leave us!

May be time for P&W to go. I know many people have been thinking this for quite some time.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,834
    I don't know how I feel about what he's talking about here. It's hard to know without exactly knowing what he said, but a lot of It feels very much "after-the-fact"...

...especially what he said about Jinx.

• Intrigued to see how the final writer credits shake out....

My prediction is that Eon may try and credit all 4 (minus Scott Z Burns). But as Rise of Skywalker taught us, the WGA do tend to give credit to original writers. There's a very good chance in the final arbitration that these two men sneak into the credits...

danny-boyle-john-hodge.jpg?w=301&h=202&crop=1

2qwzlbw.jpg

May be time for P&W to go. I know many people have been thinking this for quite some time.

@NickTwentyTwo Did you mean me.. the not leaving plead?

2qwzlbw.jpg

Yes
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”

Intrigued to see how the final writer credits shake out....

My prediction is that Eon may try and credit all 4 (minus Scott Z Burns). But as Rise of Skywalker taught us, the WGA do tend to give credit to original writers. There's a very good chance in the final arbitration that these two men sneak into the credits...

danny-boyle-john-hodge.jpg?w=301&h=202&crop=1

Same thing happened with THE FORCE AWAKENS, with Lucas' original hired writer Michael Arndt being credited followed by Kasdan and Abrams.

It's possible for NTTD, but it would be a tough one to crack. I believe only four writers can get actual credit, as ruled by the WGA. If Boyle and Hodge end up being credited, that means two of the four writers that are currently credited will have to have their names removed. If that's the case, we may see a final credit like "Story By Danny Boyle & John Hodges, Screenplay by Cary Joji Fukunaga and Phoebe Waller-Bridge", resorting Purvis & Wade to sit next to Burns as uncredited.
  • HMBFFHMBFF Lisboa, Portugal
    Univex wrote: »
    I adore that he didn't like Phoebe's rewriting of his work. Love it. My confidence on this film has increased by a considerable margin.

Been saying we need better writers since...1999. Cringeworthy is the worth that comes to mind whenever we talk about P&W.

Their method of writing Bond narratives is, IMO as a writer, ridiculous. I've heard and seen countless interviews with the pair, and their depiction of their so called method is frankly appalling. Reading science magazines to look for plot ideias is absurd. They have no grasp on the dynamics, organics, and overall narrative structure that these films need. And they just aren't clever enough for them. We need true wit, true smartness and inventiveness.

I'll never relinquish on how much I abhor these two hacks, no matter how other fans paint their contributions.

I sincerely hope they don't come back for Bond26. But I'm saying this since...well...2002.

Savage. And so true.

2qwzlbw.jpg

Yes

Thanks. And not a chance. Already digging for stills from the Bond 26 production :D
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    I wonder why Anthony Horowitz hasn't been asked to write a Bond film....maybe he's too expensive or something....or there might be other reasons.
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    I wonder why Anthony Horowitz hasn't been asked to write a Bond film....maybe he's too expensive or something....or there might be other reasons.

Does writing well for novels translate to writing well for film?
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4,247

He's a Screenwriter as well.
    Birdleson wrote: »

I really don't like what he did in his attempts to write Bond novels. Maybe the folks at EON feel the same. I ddi love FOLYLE'S WAR though.

Yeah, Foyle's War was good....I liked Michael Kitchen's acting there as well.

He's a Screenwriter as well.

Oh I didn't know, cool.

I can understand Cubby consistently bringing back Maibaum, but Barbara and Michael's attachment to P&W baffles me.

I don't expect to be blown away by the story for this film. At this point I'm just hoping for enough Bondian moments to carry the picture. I'm hoping for style, because I feel we may not be getting much substance this time 'round.

Then again. Who knows? This could be an in-genius Bond film that makes OHMSS look like DAD.
    ToTheRight wrote: »

I can understand Cubby consistently bringing back Maibaum, but Barbara and Michael's attachment to P&W baffles me.

I don't expect to be blown away by the story for this film. At this point I'm just hoping for enough Bondian moments to carry the picture. I'm hoping for style, because I feel we may not be getting much substance this time 'round.

Then again. Who knows? This could be an in-genius Bond film that makes OHMSS look like DAD.

Phoebe should be reason enough to be a little more optimistic this time around!
    edited February 2020 Posts: 3,018
    deleted
  • Contraband wrote: »
    I think these types of posts probably belong in another thread, not really NTTD related.