NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,869
    Exactly @Shardlake, again, the opening of your film gives you a brief flashback or whatever you wanna call it. Shows us what happened with Bond and Madeleine, then the whole film after the title sequence is present day.

Plus cutting/fading/whatever from young Madeleine to Matera makes more sense considering the film's plot, than cutting/fading/whatever from Matera to what will probably be the kidnapping of the scientist - in my opinion - because again I think they'll throw that in before Jamaica to make it feel like Bond's been gone for longer, even just for one scene, as he's meant to be gone for 5 years.

Overall, having Norway/Matera together would be a complete opening to the film it seems we're getting, which the pre-title sequence is suppose to do. Also we don't actually know how long the Norway sequence is, so if it's like a 5 minute scene, they could easily add that onto Matera without it dragging I believe. Because I really can't see them getting 10/15 minutes out of the Norway sequence.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I think a long pre-title sequence which does not feature Bond would reinforce his being out of the game and isolated from the passage of time; In Jamaica, every day is more or less the same, while the outside world moves on.
  • RC7RC7
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    @Denbigh yeah mate, I definitely think it'll be a long one, maybe not 3 hours but it'll blow Spectre out the water I think
    As for the PTS I think they'll want to bring Bond back with a bang, at least I'd hope so

@
    RC7 wrote: »
    I personally think the opening scene may be relatively brief, in the mould of CR (or QoS for that matter).

What makes you think that mate?

Just a hunch. There’s a significant chunk of action/drama taking place in Matera (it seems). My speculative take would be that the PTS takes place in the past and doesn’t feature Bond. It concerns Madeleine’s ‘secret’, which is elaborated on as we progress. Pure speculation.
    In HD
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    I personally think the opening scene may be relatively brief, in the mould of CR (or QoS for that matter).

Yes, that's what I am feeling. The Matera scenes seem like they will take up a fair chunk of time, perhaps too long for pre-title. A snappy pre-title at the ice lake (without Bond) might be smart and fresh way to kick off this film. In a few weeks, we will know.

Which means there'll be a sizeable time jump in the actual film, which I believe we've never had before (the time jumps in GE and DAD were broken up by the main title sequence).

Yes, it would mean that, but the ice lake seems to be set in the past (perhaps 20 years back), so we have a big time jump to Matera anyway. The alternative - to just the ice lake opening the film - is a very long pre-title, probably the longest ever, with the ice lake, and then a big time jump to the action in Matera. Then the titles/song followed by another time jump to Jamaica. Three big time jumps. We've never had that before.

Extremely interesting. Multiple time jumps before the plot properly kicks in. Hopefully it doesn't impact the pacing too much. That would be my only reservation about it.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    antovolk wrote: »
    In HD

Thank you @antovolk
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 3,126
    In HD

I put on the captions and it said him. It looks like the captions are messed up though because it says james God instead of James Bond.
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    In HD

I put on the captions and it said him. It looks like the captions are messed up though because it says james God instead of James Bond.

Remember that the YouTube captions are automated though! These aren't official EON approved ones.
    In HD

Remember that the YouTube captions are automated though! These aren't official EON approved ones.

Absolutely true.

Is this part of a different commercial see below it's the last shot of the trailer.
    http://imgur.com/a/4FYtA9o
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Love the shot of the two SPECTRE women either side of Bond in Cuba :D
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,185
    Denbigh wrote: »

I am preeetty sure, that is Vogel on the left. Different haircut though.
    In HD

Absolutely true.

Is this part of a different commercial see below it's the last shot of the trailer.

It is part of a different commercial that aired right after.
    In HD

Absolutely true.

It is part of a different commercial that aired right after.

Ok
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    In HD

it says james God instead of James Bond.

That is very interesting!
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    In HD

That is very interesting!

Yes, let's discuss any possible implications for the next 20 pages!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    00Agent wrote: »

I am preeetty sure, that is Vogel on the left. Different haircut though.
    Definitely her, although I'm more intrigued by the woman on the right.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    In HD

Hyped :D
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Mystery solved with the logo on burning paper:

ICdFqvo.jpg
    ccnv2N0.jpg

Pictures, cred: @slyfox and @thomas004

//

And in case you haven't seen all the pics I posted in the thread with NTTD women:

Léa Seydoux last night at the Oscars. Four of the pics.

f1UIK5O.jpg
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Contraband wrote: »

ICdFqvo.jpg
    ccnv2N0.jpg

Here's a clearer screencap of the note.

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    EQbz77lU4AE1irF?format=jpg&name=large

That woman on the right. That look alone makes me wanna know what she's about - and I know we won't but still haha :D
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    For the handwritten note, I read
    It’s not “Him”, it’s “You”

But I may be in the minority.

:))
    What's wrong with that? :D

I'm still wondering what m is looking at a screen of the operation maybe and I'm wondering if m is at his desk or maybe at q's desk in q's house. http://imgur.com/a/yeSo2Qd
  • RC7RC7

That woman on the right. That look alone makes me wanna know what she's about - and I know we won't but still haha :D

Note the woman on the left.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »

ICdFqvo.jpg
    ccnv2N0.jpg

Here's a clearer screencap of the note.

@Red_Snow Thanks :)

Although I would like to have screencaps of the whole spot and DM link
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

Oh I know, but I think the one on the right is stealing it haha :D
    I think Safin is saying:

"James Bond........Admit you're redundant" to which Bond replies "Not as long as there are people like you in the world!"

On the close captions it says :"James God. I've made two redundant"

which, IMO makes no sense.
  • NectouxNectoux São Paulo, Brazil
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I think Safin is saying:

"James Bond........Admit you're redundant" to which Bond replies "Not as long as there are people like you in the world!"

On the close captions it says :"James God. I've made two redundant"

which, IMO makes no sense.

It's actually "James Bond, I've made HIM redundant."

Who he's talking about!?

HAHAHA
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España

And noticed Clem So. Back after Skyfall and Spectre...
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Could it be that Matera scene is split in half with a PTS in between?

Norway, 25 years ago → Matera 2015 → PTS → Matera 2015 again → Jamaica, present day

First part of Matera (before PTS) starts with Bond and Swann having a good time up until something destroys the peace (graveyard explosion for instance). It segues into PTS, and after that we have a car and motorbike chase and other action scenes. It ends with Bond putting Madeleine on a train and leaving for Jamaica.

Pure speculation, but is it possible?
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Could it be that Matera scene is split in half with a PTS in between?

Norway, 25 years ago → Matera 2015 → PTS → Matera 2015 again → Jamaica, present day

First part of Matera (before PTS) starts with Bond and Swann having a good time up until something destroys the peace (graveyard explosion for instance). It segues into PTS, and after that we have a car and motorbike chase and other action scenes. It ends with Bond putting Madeleine on a train and leaving for Jamaica.

Pure speculation, but is it possible?

I think that would work better than just having Norway in the PTS, I guess we'll see soon enough.