No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited January 2020 Posts: 4,554
    I watched the trailer again today and noticed something I hadn't before. Forgive me if this came up weeks ago.

In the scene where Bond sees Madeliene in the hallway and says, "I'm not going to lose...control," his face is pretty beaten up. Cuts on the lip, bridge of the nose, and eyebrow. We do not see these cuts on his face when he is told, by Moneypenny, "I thought you two would get along." Despite the editing of the trailer, which makes it appear as though these are sequential events, they are not. For instance, the cuts are not there when he arrives at MI6 in the Asdton. But they are visible when he speaks to the desk sargeant, "Bond...James Bond." They are again not visible when he arrives at Q's flat.

The cut on the bridge of the nose is visible when Bond confronts Safin. (No cuts on the lip or eyebrow.)

I have no idea what to make of this. But what if we have it all wrong: Bond's venture into Safin's lair, in military sweater, takes place much earlier than we assume: maybe this first encounter with Safin is in Jamaica/Cuba, NOT later in the film? In other words, it's possible that the scene with Safin ("Play God") occurs prior to the scene with Blofeld ("You gave up everything for her").

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited January 2020 Posts: 2,541
    Good point @TripAces . I think bond gets those scars in Cuba, after that we will get to see some Scenes with saffin and bond may meet Blofeld after that.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I really hope Felix’s presence isn’t limited to Jamaica.

I won't be surprised if it is..
    Pavlo wrote: »
    Léa Seydoux is back as French psychologist Madeleine Swann — at the beginning of No Time to Die she's living peacefully in Jamaica with a retired Bond
    This is surprising. Are we sure she is in Jamaica?
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Léa Seydoux is back as French psychologist Madeleine Swann — at the beginning of No Time to Die she's living peacefully in Jamaica with a retired Bond

I'm certain that's a mistake on EW's part.
    antovolk wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »

I'm certain that's a mistake on EW's part.

I also find it quite hard to believe based on what we’ve seen that Madeleine is in Jamaica.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited January 2020 Posts: 14,931
    I said drop it. I said my piece, you don’t like it, fine, now drop it.
    Thanks @NickTwentyTwo and @JamesStock for understanding (though one of you rationally disagrees) with my point.

I’m happy to drop it if you do. If you just want those who disagree to drop it but those who agree with you are then later to be praised it looks an awful lot like the shutting down of opinions you said we don’t do.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I really hope Felix’s presence isn’t limited to Jamaica.

Agreed, thrilled he’s back. We haven’t seen any Magnussen in photos or anything yet have we?

That’s a good point, yes. We saw him on location in Jamaica and then that was about it as far as I know. And Dendik hasn’t been photographed anywhere, is that right?
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    TripAces wrote: »
    I watched the trailer again today and noticed something I hadn't before. Forgive me if this came up weeks ago.

In the scene where Bond sees Madeliene in the hallway and says, "I'm not going to lose...control," his face is pretty beaten up. Cuts on the lip, bridge of the nose, and eyebrow. We do not see these cuts on his face when he is told, by Moneypenny, "I thought you two would get along." Despite the editing of the trailer, which makes it appear as though these are sequential events, they are not. For instance, the cuts are not there when he arrives at MI6 in the Asdton. But they are visible when he speaks to the desk sargeant, "Bond...James Bond." They are again not visible when he arrives at Q's flat.

The cut on the bridge of the nose is visible when Bond confronts Safin. (No cuts on the lip or eyebrow.)

I have no idea what to make of this. But what if we have it all wrong: Bond's venture into Safin's lair, in military sweater, takes place much earlier than we assume: maybe this first encounter with Safin is in Jamaica/Cuba, NOT later in the film? In other words, it's possible that the scene with Safin ("Play God") occurs prior to the scene with Blofeld ("You gave up everything for her").

He has the scar on the lip arriving with Moneypenny in the V8, and that must be outside MI6

KaoSegW.jpg
    cATQssE.jpg
    STOzrfe.jpg

In the trailer Naomie has the same clothes walking with Craig and Lashana inside MIQ
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Is he not beaten up from Matera? I was presuming that’s why he’s changed cars.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited January 2020 Posts: 3,018
    The thing is he doesn't have a cut on his lip in Italy after all the mayhem. When he drops of Swann at Sapri train station (after Matera/Gravina) he's kind of beat up, dirty but have no cuts on his lip.

This fist pic is from Sapri train station

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    There’s a time jump between Matera and the rest of the film. Bond doesn’t have scars in Jamaica. After Jamaica he goes to Cuba. After Cuba he’s straight back to London and the reason why he has scars back home is because of the big action scene against SPECTRE in Cuba.
  • RC7RC7
    edited January 2020 Posts: 10,512
    mtm wrote: »
    I said drop it. I said my piece, you don’t like it, fine, now drop it.
    Thanks @NickTwentyTwo and @JamesStock for understanding (though one of you rationally disagrees) with my point.

I’m happy to drop it if you do. If you just want those who disagree to drop it but those who agree with you are then later to be praised it looks an awful lot like the shutting down of opinions you said we don’t do.

@Birdleson may correct me but I think he is making two specific points.

One, that the character has been very specifically created as a black female - undeniable imo. Some people see it as political point-scoring, others see it as a clever way of eschewing the ‘Bond is a woman, black, gay...’ angle by creating a new 00 who embodies those elements. Both are valid pov’s and it’ll become more clear once we see the film which of these ring true. The former does not automatically equate to a racist outlook, some people just don’t want Bond used as a vehicle for pushing social/political ideas. If they’re over egged they become dated very quickly.

Secondly, 00’s outside of Bond traditionally die, and if they don’t, they disappear. If you read @Birdleson’s posts he is an advocate for some of regular quirks and idiosyncrasies that litter the series.

EDIT: Oh, and trust me, if you feel uncomfortable here you should check out some of the FB and YouTube fan pages, you’d ‘have a Connery’ as Del Boy would say.
  • JG007JG007 Manchester, UK
    edited January 2020 Posts: 78
    The promotional pictures from EW has Craig wearing a wedding ring and in one pose it’s almost as like the shot has been setup to tempt the obvious question as to whether the ring on Craig’s finger is him in character or not?...

The question was brought to my attention when I saw N Peal’s Instagram post on the same subject.

I know this subject has been toyed with but a wedding ring is also seen in the Heineken advert 🤨

What’s the consensus?
    🍸
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    JG007 wrote: »
    The promotional pictures from EW has Craig wearing a wedding ring and in one pose it’s almost as like the shot has been setup to tempt the obvious question as to whether the ring on Craig’s finger is him in character or not?...

The question was brought to my attention when I saw N Peal’s Instagram post on the same subject.

I know this subject has been toyed with but a wedding ring is also seen in the Heineken advert 🤨

What’s the consensus?
    🍸

Since in the spot he doesn’t play Bond, I wouldn’t look too much into it...
    I do fear the weight and threat of social pressure behind what we get on screen. Other 00s have a long history of being killed off in the film series. What I don’t want, and what I am suspicious about, is that this new one is protected and immune from death simply because she is a black woman.

Jesus.

• Has it been noted how relaxed and natural Daniel is giving interviews….what a far cry from the previous 4 films. Only took him 15 years to how to give an interview. It’s clear that Rami has had extensive media training as he is so articulate and complimentary. Lashana is charming.

Lea is the most awkward………it’s clear that she is having the least fun (which is understandable as she’s not speaking her speak language and it can be an intimidating vibe. Also she seems too chic and Parisian for these type of things). Nonetheless, it is very clear that Daniel and Lea have great chemistry. I enjoyed the ribbing he gives her. HOPEFULLY….their chemistry comes across on screen, unlike the entire runtime of SP where I couldn’t invest in Madeleine or Bond’ ‘romance.’
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Contraband wrote: »
    The thing is he doesn't have a cut on his lip in Italy after all the mayhem. When he drops of Swann at Sapri train station (after Matera/Gravina) he's kind of beat up, dirty but have no cuts on his lip.

Hmm good point. I guess it's good thing as it means more action! :) There's a bar fight in Cuba isn't there? Maybe it's that.
    JG007 wrote: »

What’s the consensus?
    🍸

It's a magazine shoot rather than a promo shoot by the film company, isn't it? They don't look to be in costume to me either.
    Contraband wrote: »

Hmm good point. I guess it's good thing as it means more action! :) There's a bar fight in Cuba isn't there? Maybe it's that.

Well when you
    fall through a skylight into a bar filled with glasses and bottles, this is bound to happen ;)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Aargh! Why did I click on that? :D

I'm only kidding though- thanks for the explanation :)
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Just beginning to wonder if the Valhalla will see any action.

Has it been noted how relaxed and natural Daniel is giving interviews….what a far cry from the previous 4 films. Only took him 15 years to how to give an interview. It’s clear that Rami has had extensive media training as he is so articulate and complimentary. Lashana is charming.

Lea is the most awkward………it’s clear that she is having the least fun (which is understandable as she’s not speaking her speak language and it can be an intimidating vibe. Also she seems too chic and Parisian for these type of things). Nonetheless, it is very clear that Daniel and Lea have great chemistry. I enjoyed the ribbing he gives her. HOPEFULLY….their chemistry comes across on screen, unlike the entire runtime of SP where I couldn’t invest in Madeleine or Bond’ ‘romance.’

I like Lashana Lynch’s explanation of her character. It gives real insight into Nomi’s strengths and weaknesses. I think she’ll be a great foil to Bond.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    GadgetMan wrote: »

I've always suspected it won't be literally in an action sequence (maybe a brief bit of quick driving or something but not a full chase) just because I don't believe it's in production yet so there aren't many to play with. Plus we've already got at least two car chases in this.
    It does seem a weirdly car-heavy film. What have we got? Four separate Aston Martin models (!), the new Land Rover, one classic Defender, two classic Range Rovers... the old Toyota is the only sort of non-special one!
    :)
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    From what I have seen of Lea seydoux, she is a bit shy and introvert as well that may be the reason she acts a bit weird in interviews.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited January 2020 Posts: 4,247
    GadgetMan wrote: »

I've always suspected it won't be literally in an action sequence (maybe a brief bit of quick driving or something but not a full chase) just because I don't believe it's in production yet so there aren't many to play with. Plus we've already got at least two car chases in this.
    It does seem a weirdly car-heavy film. What have we got? Four separate Aston Martin models (!), the new Land Rover, one classic Defender, two classic Range Rovers... the old Toyota is the only sort of non-special one!
    :)

:) Yeah, but with rumours of the film having a 2hr+-3hr runtime, Maybe the Valhalla could still fit into another chase sequence....but like you said, maybe the Valhalla is there just for a Cameo. But I would like it to take part in an action scene with a possible display of Gadgets. Just to give a Craig Bond film, a bit of a few optional extras.
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 11,425
    Craig has a good voice. It struck me watching the interview that we rarely hear him just talking normally. He plays Bond as so tense and up tight. Would be nice if he could bring more of himself to TNND.

Lashana comes across very well. I don't think we need to be too worried about her. And Remi has this weird authority/charisma. I think he will be a good villain. Looking forward to it.
  • GadgetMan wrote: »

It was spotted in Scotland….so if Scotland is standing in for the finale then I assume it’ll come into action there.

Though we know that Nomi drives the Superaleggra and Bond drives the V8 there. So at this point it’s unknown how the Valhalla fits in…….I imagine the second trailer will feature more of the car. Personally, I think the Valhalla is a Fukunaga touch. His attempt to modernise the series.

I think Bond drives the car though and not Nomi in a chase. But who knows…..

16574808-0-image-a-20_1564250491598.jpg
    filming-in-the-scottish-highlands-for-the-bond-25-film-the-car-is-an-aston-martin-valhalla-W5TE94.jpg
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Don't know what to make of this new film, TBH. The excitement for me just isn't there like it should be. I am still looking forward to it because its a new Bond film after all these years.

However I find myself disliking much of what news or tit-bits we're getting: from the plot to the running time. Other aspects like the score and theme song artist I'm neutral about. Craig looks alright, the colors look alright, and the trailer is just okay for me.

+1

I will go and see NTTD, but this is the first time I am not too eager about a new Bond film. I really envy you guys who feel the excitement.

• edited January 2020 Posts: 17,272
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Don't know what to make of this new film, TBH. The excitement for me just isn't there like it should be. I am still looking forward to it because its a new Bond film after all these years.

However I find myself disliking much of what news or tit-bits we're getting: from the plot to the running time. Other aspects like the score and theme song artist I'm neutral about. Craig looks alright, the colors look alright, and the trailer is just okay for me.

+1

I will go and see NTTD, but this is the first time I am not too eager about a new Bond film. I really envy you guys who feel the excitement.

+2

I'm totally indifferent towards this film. Nothing I've seen so far gets me excited; it's not like I'm disliking everything, but I just don't feel "it". I won't be in a rush to watch it, and might just wait until it's available on DVD/Blu-ray/digital download.

Maybe I'm just not that much of a fan anymore (of the films that is).
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 6,677
    Well, I think we got burned the last time around and we're all a bit afraid to dance into the fire.

That's the way I feel, and I'm not making an effort for it, it just comes natural, this defence against disappointment.

For me, this continuity thing and the fact that this film takes a lot from SP bothers me still. The cinematography looks beautiful, even if it's not what I was expecting. I really wanted a bit more saturation and colour. A bit more panache and less angst. But I guess that's not what Bond's all about these days.

Not too crazy about the 18yo emo teen performing the song, but it may very well end up being brilliant. And frankly, I haven't cared for a Bond song performer since 2006, even though I did like SF's tune a lot.

A bit worried about that Nomi character, simply because I hate to see the other 00s. Not seeing them, for me, and only hearing about 009s exploits or something, was part of the mystique (with the notable exception of 006; and that scene from TB, although we couldn't see them in detail). Also, this feminist agenda stuff has been so tiresome that it took some of the gloss away from the film.

The scooby gang seems to be very present again in this one, which is another cause for a yawn from me.

All and all, I'm eager to see NTTD, but more so because it may very well be the end of Bond as we sort of know it. Who knows what these times will do to Bond26? Who know who'll be Bond by then, whenever then is?

But hey, I'm ready to be surprised. The secrecy thing has been most welcome, btw. But yeah, that trepidation I used to feel coming into a Bond film alas just isn't there this time around.

I guess, we'll see in two months time.