The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• edited January 2020 Posts: 17,241
    I think that's Abrahams last game in my team, both him and Jiminez have tough games ahead though I would back Jiminez against the top six. Transfer imminent, plus I expect price drops and rises

Chelsea as a team don't look as dangerous as earlier in the season, so that might be a good move. I have looked at the possibility of bringing him in eventually, but right now I don't think it's a move to consider. Not sure about what to do with Jiménez myself. He can always do well against the top six, but I might need to downgrade him to strengthen my defence.

Not sure what to do with my team the next couple of GW's are not great for players I would usually look to get in. Tomorrow is key the Liverpool v United will make or break this GW, I have a feeling Rashford maybe involved which will not help (as a United fan I have little expectation of getting anything at Anfield without a fully fit Pogba and Mctominay, so it's about the FPL points)

Yeah, it's tricky to settle on a plan, that's for sure. I see Sarr is flagged as injured, so that might be something I need to do something about with my team. Bad timing though, as I'd ideally want to keep him.

Edit:

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I think that's Abrahams last game in my team, both him and Jiminez have tough games ahead though I would back Jiminez against the top six. Transfer imminent, plus I expect price drops and rises

Chelsea as a team don't look as dangerous as earlier in the season, so that might be a good move. I have looked at the possibility of bringing him in eventually, but right now I don't think it's a move to consider. Not sure about what to do with Jiménez myself. He can always do well against the top six, but I might need to downgrade him to strengthen my defence.

Not sure what to do with my team the next couple of GW's are not great for players I would usually look to get in. Tomorrow is key the Liverpool v United will make or break this GW, I have a feeling Rashford maybe involved which will not help (as a United fan I have little expectation of getting anything at Anfield without a fully fit Pogba and Mctominay, so it's about the FPL points)

Yeah, it's tricky to settle on a plan, that's for sure. I see Sarr is flagged as injured, so that might be something I need to do something about with my team. Bad timing though, as I'd ideally want to keep him.

Edit:

Cheers for update, all I heard is he did not train. Problem is I don't trust Ole, he plays injured players. From a United fan point of view it would be senseless to risk Rashford v Liverpool.

Edit:

Cheers for update, all I heard is he did not train. Problem is I don't trust Ole, he plays injured players. From a United fan point of view it would be senseless to risk Rashford v Liverpool.

It sure would be; he took a gamble even playing him in that previous game. I think this is more or less a confirmation he won't feature, so you'll get those Traoré points!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    X_X Captain Vardy currently on ZERO points.
    WeakWearyEuropeanfiresalamander-size_restricted.gif
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Westwood* gives the least to Burnley, 2-1.

* Was C. Eastwood unavailable today? ;-)
    edited January 2020 Posts: 23,105
    Westwood* gives the least to Burnley, 2-1.

* Was C. Eastwood unavailable today? ;-)

Everything this GW has gone Southward lol
    It maybe time to jump off the Vardy train, Leicester lack of depth starting to show.

To soften blow of Vardy I need Liverpool v United to be a dull 0 - 0, United starting with Williams and Shaw so entirely possible.
    I'm toying with the idea of playing the wildcard now. Sarr injured, and so many players transfer out.

I'm toying with the idea of playing the wildcard now. Sarr injured, and so many players transfer out.

I already played mine though was literally just looking at my team, I may make three transfers (I have two free transfers). Trying not to make a knee jerk reaction as alot of players not doing it.

I have 0.9m in bank thankfully
    Just heard a rumour Rashford will be out for weeks, that just changed my plans (I will wait until 100% sure)

I already played mine though was literally just looking at my team, I may make three transfers (I have two free transfers). Trying not to make a knee jerk reaction as alot of players not doing it.

I have 0.9m in bank thankfully

That might be a strategy to consider if you have two free transfers available. A lot of managers don't or might be only looking at double gameweek assets.
    Just heard a rumour Rashford will be out for weeks, that just changed my plans (I will wait until 100% sure)

Looks like it might be true:

Ouch! That might make for some interesting transfers for Rashford owners; Firmino, Agüero, Calvert-Lewin, Ings, Maupay etc.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Burnley in 14th place is closer to Leicester (3rd) than Leicester is to Liverpool. 18 points gap from 3rd to 14th, 19 points gap from 1st to 3rd.
    52 points in the end so not all lost and now 45K in the world which remarkably despite captaining Vardy is a green arrow.

Alas my cup run has ended beaten by 2 points.
    Burnley in 14th place is closer to Leicester (3rd) than Leicester is to Liverpool. 18 points gap from 3rd to 14th, 19 points gap from 1st to 3rd.

Wow! Says a lot about how well Liverpool are doing.
    52 points in the end so not all lost and now 45K in the world which remarkably despite captaining Vardy is a green arrow.

Shame about the cup run, but 52 points isn't bad! 52(-4) here, and Grealish out is one of my worst moves this season by the looks of it. And now I can't afford getting him back…

Shame about the cup run, but 52 points isn't bad! 52(-4) here, and Grealish out is one of my worst moves this season by the looks of it. And now I can't afford getting him back…

I am thinking of getting Aguero in, my fear is will he be rested for Champions League. Do I really want the rotation headache?

Also will Liverpool start to rotate with that lead they have, I am not nailed on with what to do next

I am thinking of getting Aguero in, my fear is will he be rested for Champions League. Do I really want the rotation headache?

Also will Liverpool start to rotate with that lead they have, I am not nailed on with what to do next

I'm tempted by Agüero too, but unless I wildcard, I won't be able to do so until after Liverpool's double gameweek. Jesus is doing alright too, so he might be an option too.

Looks like quite a few FPL managers suspect Liverpool will field a strong team until they've secured the title – which makes sense I guess; Liverpool will surely want to grab that title so early as possible.

I'm tempted by Agüero too, but unless I wildcard, I won't be able to do so until after Liverpool's double gameweek. Jesus is doing alright too, so he might be an option too.

Looks like quite a few FPL managers suspect Liverpool will field a strong team until they've secured the title – which makes sense I guess; Liverpool will surely want to grab that title so early as possible.

Jesus and Aguero double up? They are doing much better than Sterling

I may go Rashford and Vardy to Aguero and Jiminez
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 17,241

Maybe a bit much with both, but if you can afford one then maybe…?

I'd be tempted by that move. Jiménez doesn't have the best of fixtures coming up, but he's delivered against top six before.

I'd be tempted by that move. Jiménez doesn't have the best of fixtures coming up, but he's delivered against top six before.

Yeah not affordable the double up, just trying different player combinations. I am going to have to get rid of Rashford quick in case of price drop. I am also thinking Son at home to Norwich, can Son and Spurs generate some form is the big question

Yeah not affordable the double up, just trying different player combinations. I am going to have to get rid of Rashford quick in case of price drop. I am also thinking Son at home to Norwich, can Son and Spurs generate some form is the big question

I think nailing down an optimal front three (or two) can be key going forward. Vardy isn't scoring, Calvert-Lewin, Jesus and Agüero is in form, etc.

Sp*rs assets are in my thinking as well, but I just don't know if they're any better than similar options from other teams.

I think nailing down an optimal front three (or two) can be key going forward. Vardy isn't scoring, Calvert-Lewin, Jesus and Agüero is in form, etc.

Sp*rs assets are in my thinking as well, but I just don't know if they're any better than similar options from other teams.

Yeah I have Traoré and looking at price difference it's really not worth swapping the two players. I will just focus on front three, Vardy I may keep for the next game it's just who I bring in for Rashford... Greenwood at home to Burnley a possibility though Ole still holding him back.

Yeah I have Traoré and looking at price difference it's really not worth swapping the two players. I will just focus on front three, Vardy I may keep for the next game it's just who I bring in for Rashford... Greenwood at home to Burnley a possibility though Ole still holding him back.

It's tricky with those Rashford replacements. The obvious one to me would be Firmino, but that would require you to transfer out a Liverpool def, so that's unlikely to be worth it. Jiménez, Calvert-Lewin, Maupay, Jesus and Ings are the ones I can think of.

It's tricky with those Rashford replacements. The obvious one to me would be Firmino, but that would require you to transfer out a Liverpool def, so that's unlikely to be worth it. Jiménez, Calvert-Lewin, Maupay, Jesus and Ings are the ones I can think of.

Firmino is a good shout, I could sell Gomez easily enough though Liverpool are on 7 clean sheets in a row though I had been thinking Matip or Lovren may feature in the double GW. Firmino away form is good and it would be a differential.

Firmino is a good shout, I could sell Gomez easily enough though Liverpool are on 7 clean sheets in a row though I had been thinking Matip or Lovren may feature in the double GW. Firmino away form is good and it would be a differential.

It looks like several managers are looking at Firmino now that Rashford is out. It's a much easier switch than taking hits/doing big changes to get a midfield double-up of Salah/Mané.
    edited January 2020 Posts: 15,686
    My team for Gameweek #24:

Ryan
    Dunk, Soyuncu, Rico
    Salah (C), De Bruyne, Martial, Moutinho
    Ings, Vardy, Jimenez.

Changed my captain from Vardy to Salah as Liverpool has a double gameweek (against Wolves and West Ham).
    I have made one transfer undecided on whether to make a second, I took a gamble on Greenwood as a direct replacement for Rashford.
    Right just brought Son in for Traoré...

Ryan
    TAA, Gomez, Holgate
    Son, Salah (C), KDB, Martial
    Vardy, Abraham, Greenwood

If Ole does not play Greenwood at home to Burnley now then he really is clueless.

I think the Liverpool Double is problematic, Klopp will definately rest players in one game, its difficult to guess which players.
    My team for Gameweek #24:

Ryan
    Dunk, Soyuncu, Rico
    Salah (C), De Bruyne, Martial, Moutinho
    Ings, Vardy, Jimenez.

Changed my captain from Vardy to Salah as Liverpool has a double gameweek (against Wolves and West Ham).

Strong team, and a smart move captaining Salah – there's double the chance of points after all! Not the worst fixtures either.

I have made one transfer undecided on whether to make a second, I took a gamble on Greenwood as a direct replacement for Rashford.

At some point Greenwood will start, surely? You can kinda understand that the Liverpool fixture might be a bit difficult for a youngster, but easier fixtures should open up the chances of minutes – or so one would think (?).

Right just brought Son in for Traoré...

Ryan
    TAA, Gomez, Holgate
    Son, Salah (C), KDB, Martial
    Vardy, Abraham, Greenwood

If Ole does not play Greenwood at home to Burnley now then he really is clueless.

I think the Liverpool Double is problematic, Klopp will definately rest players in one game, its difficult to guess which players.

That team looks strong I think; good fixtures for all your players. I worry about the potential of rotation as well, and I'm torn between captaining Salah or Mané – even Alexander-Arnold is under consideration!