The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited January 2020 Posts: 23,102
    In the end I only made one transfer to prevent burning a transfer so have two free for the next GW, with such a quick turn over to the next GW I took a gamble keeping most of my outfield players the same...

Ryan
    Gomez, TAA, Holgate
    Salah, KDB (V), Cantwell, Martial
    Abraham, Rashford, Vardy (C)

Button, Traoré, Lundstram, Kelly

Burnley really are poor vs the top six, hopefully Vardy will deliver.

I am resigned to a average GW though was not prepared to do major surgery for this GW.
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 17,241
    In the end I only made one transfer to prevent burning a transfer so have two free for the next GW, with such a quick turn over to the next GW I took a gamble keeping most of my outfield players the same...

Ryan
    Gomez, TAA, Holgate

I am resigned to a average GW though was not prepared to do major surgery for this GW.

That team looks strong for this gameweek – and a good bench too! Saving a transfer might be beneficial. I wish I could've done the same.

Not expecting much from this gameweek either. If I get a green arrow having taken a hit, I'll be very surprised. Happy with a Foster clean sheet though; wasn't expecting that.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Ryan
    Gomez, TAA, Holgate

That team looks strong for this gameweek – and a good bench too! Saving a transfer might be beneficial. I wish I could've done the same.

Not expecting much from this gameweek either. If I get a green arrow having taken a hit, I'll be very surprised. Happy with a Foster clean sheet though; wasn't expecting that.

Rashford will probably miss out, though despite having five players in that game I am hoping two or three players will get something. Liverpool could easily win that 3 - 0 or 3 - 1, Gomez may be benched also.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2020 Posts: 15,686
    Crystal Palace 1-0 Manchester City.
    West Ham 1-1 Everton.
    Soton 2-0 Wolves
    Brighton 1-0 Aston Villa.
    Norwich 1-0 Bournemouth (Steve Cook red card).
    Hopefully Cantwell will get in on some goal action
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Martinelli opens the score for Arsenal, 1-0 against Sheffield.
    Only just bought Mason Holgate I will take that assist, I was hoping Everton would keep a clean sheet

Glad I benched Lundstram

Ryan
    Gomez, TAA, Holgate

Rashford will probably miss out, though despite having five players in that game I am hoping two or three players will get something. Liverpool could easily win that 3 - 0 or 3 - 1, Gomez may be benched also.

There's always the risk Gomez might be benched, but personally, I think he'll play. But Traoré/Lundstram might get something (I'd be surprised if Lundstram doesn't deliver something in the second half) coming in for Rashford and Gomez (if he doesn't play).

Crystal Palace 1-0 Manchester City.
    West Ham 1-1 Everton.
    Soton 2-0 Wolves
    Brighton 1-0 Aston Villa.
    Norwich 1-0 Bournemouth (Steve Cook red card).

Regret starting Rico now! :-O

Ah, Martinelli – he's been really good this season. Hope he can continue like this!
    Jimenez equalizes for Wolves, 2-2.
    Jimenez equalizes for Wolves, 2-2.

Phew, I needed those points!
    Holgate on bonus 3 currently, it's one of those GW's, every point counts.
    Traoré will give me 5 points of the bench, if Rashford is out.

Surely City will score... Kelly my last sub with 6 points :/
    Holgate on bonus 3 currently, it's one of those GW's.
    Traoré will give me 5 points if the bench, if Rashford is out.

Wow! That's looking good for you then – even without Rashford!

Holgate has good fixtures and was impressed with his recent run so swapped Soyuncu for him.
    Aston Villa scored against Brighton, 2 clean sheets gone. :-(

And I have 2 Palace clean sheets on my bench.

Edit: Red card Norwich, both teams down to 10 men.
    Dam Villa scored Grealish again I almost brought him in. I was going to do Grealish and Ings for Rashford and Traoré though could not sell Rashford with Burnley looming
    Traoré second assist, god I hope Rashford is out lol
    Fleck equalizes for Sheffield, Aguero equalizes for Man City.

Holgate has good fixtures and was impressed with his recent run so swapped Soyuncu for him.

That might prove a clever move in the end; Leicester haven't been at their best defensively lately. I'm tempted by doing something similar, but it's unlikely I can afford getting Holgate.

_______

City scores.

…and Sheffield too, of course…
    City takes the lead thanks to a 2nd goal by Aguero.
    [-O< I need those 10 Traoré points
    Palace equalizes, 2-2 against City, own goal by Fernandinho!
    Palace equalizes, 2-2 against City, own goal by Fernandinho!

That game must be quite the drama!
    Palace a bit of a bogey side for City
    Palace a bit of a bogey side for City

Definitely!
    Newcastle 1-0 Chelsea.

Edit: Full time. Chelsea has lost.
    Newcastle 1-0 Chelsea.

Edit: Full time. Chelsea has lost.

Newcastle and Arsenal are now both on 29 points. Says a lot about the season Arsenal are having.

It's getting really tight in the battle for top four now. Chelsea on 39, United on 34 with a game in hand, Wolves also on 34, Sheffield United on 33, Sp*rs on 31 and Palace 30.
    I think that's Abrahams last game in my team, both him and Jiminez have tough games ahead though I would back Jiminez against the top six. Transfer imminent, plus I expect price drops and rises
    I think that's Abrahams last game in my team, both him and Jiminez have tough games ahead though I would back Jiminez against the top six. Transfer imminent, plus I expect price drops and rises

Chelsea as a team don't look as dangerous as earlier in the season, so that might be a good move. I have looked at the possibility of bringing him in eventually, but right now I don't think it's a move to consider. Not sure about what to do with Jiménez myself. He can always do well against the top six, but I might need to downgrade him to strengthen my defence.

Chelsea as a team don't look as dangerous as earlier in the season, so that might be a good move. I have looked at the possibility of bringing him in eventually, but right now I don't think it's a move to consider. Not sure about what to do with Jiménez myself. He can always do well against the top six, but I might need to downgrade him to strengthen my defence.

Not sure what to do with my team the next couple of GW's are not great for players I would usually look to get in. Tomorrow is key the Liverpool v United will make or break this GW, I have a feeling Rashford maybe involved which will not help (as a United fan I have little expectation of getting anything at Anfield without a fully fit Pogba and Mctominay, so it's about the FPL points)