No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Craig seems to respond well to Norton and Stephen Colbert. There’s also a small handful of press interviews he did for Skyfall & SPECTRE where he seemed a bit more chill.

I think to me it seems that Craig isn’t very interested in small talk, even if it does pertain to his job. I’m sure he gets asked the same questions millions of times by the press, and he gets tired of providing the same answers over and over again.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    matt_u wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    CR third act is excellent.

Yes it’s pretty good. The only thing I hate is the concept of an entire building sinking in Venice 5 meters deep waters. Too silly, given how grounded the movie is.

In terms of drama and action it’s about as good as the series gets for me.

Yeah I feel the same. CR is by far my favorite Bond. Maybe it's the fact that I've been in Venice like 20 times and its quite close to my home city, but the concept always feels a little bit too much to me. From a thematic standpoint is interesting, since in that moment Bond's world is also collapsing in a way, but the practical angle is just... weird.

Yeah I find it a bit forced. Feels like they’re slightly struggling to find a ‘big’ ending.
    How deep are those canals supposed to be?! :D

Canal Grande is 5 meters deep.

And the building is around four storeys so about 10-12m tall :D
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

Yes it’s pretty good. The only thing I hate is the concept of an entire building sinking in Venice 5 meters deep waters. Too silly, given how grounded the movie is.

Yeah I feel the same. CR is by far my favorite Bond. Maybe it's the fact that I've been in Venice like 20 times and its quite close to my home city, but the concept always feels a little bit too much to me. From a thematic standpoint is interesting, since in that moment Bond's world is also collapsing in a way, but the practical angle is just... weird.

Yeah I find it a bit forced. Feels like they’re slightly struggling to find a ‘big’ ending.

Even more. The ceilings in those palaces go up for around 5 meters in the ground and 1st floor, especially the 1st back in time was considered the most prestigious one and it's been called "noble plan".
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Even more. The ceilings in those palaces go up for around 5 meters in the ground and 1st floor, especially the 1st back in time was considered the most prestigious one and it's been called "noble plan".

Absolutely: I was being generous to the film! :D

Absolutely: I was being generous to the film! :D

:D Noble floor, I meant.

Those kind of things are not a big issue in the end, especially in a Bond film. Thinking about the Craig era, other two action-involved sequences that feel sligthly "too much" - speaking about """realism""" being forgotten a little bit - are Bond surviving the bridge fall in SF and maybe the snow plane (without wings) chase in SP.
  • RC7RC7
    No one other than a pedant watches that sequence and questions the depth of the canal. It’s too gripping.
    Cary looks to be doing a little bit of aerial shooting for NTTD today, going by his Instagram story.
    edited January 2020 Posts: 4,343
    No one other than a pedant watches that sequence and questions the depth of the canal. It’s too gripping.

Come on. Once you saw it 30 times it's even part of the fun.
    Cary looks to be doing a little bit of aerial shooting for NTTD today, going by his Instagram story.

Yeah, one last day of pickups per his captions.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    edited January 2020 Posts: 4,343
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Clapperboard, anyone?

252/251/250 to me.
    Finally found the Q - teaser with what appears to be Greek titles at the end. https://express.co.uk/videos/6115835849001/No-Time-To-Die-Q-describes-complicated-relationship-with-Bond
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    lLBdpgq.jpg
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

This.

Also the building collapses. It doesn't just sink. It's really not that difficult to suspend disbelief for it considering how strong the sequence is.

It's really not that difficult to suspend disbelief for it considering how strong the sequence is.

Sure. As I said that's a small issue, if you even come to think about it. Anyway sometimes the only difficult thing inhere is to avoid people coming to wrong conclusions. """Questioning""" the realism behind a sequence that is objectively unrealistic, like many others, doesn't automatically means the sequence is ruined, or that is difficult to suspend disbelief, especially in a Bond film*. Point is no one said the sequence was bad or whatever, just pointing out that is the only one that feels slightly unrealistic - from a practical standpoint - within one of the most realistic films in the franchise.

*Thanks to someone else previous comment to remind us that we are talking Bond films here.
    Contraband wrote: »

Nice to see Daniel so confident about the film. Awkward moment when she called the film Die Another Day...
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Cary Fukanaga's Instagram story shows off the helicam on "one final day" of shooting for NO TIME TO DIE as they fly over London today. They must be grabbing some transition landscape shots.

This.

Also the building collapses. It doesn't just sink. It's really not that difficult to suspend disbelief for it considering how strong the sequence is.

I like it. One of the best action sequences in the Craig era IMO. Much better than Miami airport.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited January 2020 Posts: 3,126
    Clapperboard, anyone?

252/251/250 to me.

Where would that be be in the film? I bet that's exteriors for portion down.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited January 2020 Posts: 7,526
    Getafix wrote: »

This.

I like it. One of the best action sequences in the Craig era IMO. Much better than Miami airport.

Oh man, I can't really put my finger on why but I do not like that Miami sequence at all, with the plane. All surface level action movie stuff, not Bondian at all, if I were to hazard a guess as to why I don't like it. Also, Bond looks terrible throughout.
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Clapperboard, anyone?

252/251/250 to me.

Where would that be be in the film? I bet that's exteriors for portion down.

Last scene in SP was scene 203, and NTTD has no more script pages than SP, so I guess they are B-roll scenes, like the ones we saw on some of the clapperboards from Matera.

• Oh man, I can't really put my finger on why but I do not like that Miami sequence at all, with the plane. All surface level action movie stuff, not Bondian at all, if I were to hazard a guess as to why I don't like it. Also, Bond looks terrible throughout.

One reason this scene falls flat to me is the "dead air" surrounding it. Imagine in rela life if a terrorist targeted an airport in the US. He would of got his head blown off! But when they arrest Bond there is dead silence, they don't even read him his rights. Dead silence. It is lazy film making. And why are they launching a new plane in dead of night? And poor Czech Republic location work, poor casting of villain, and the action is basiclaly the same repeated "shot of truck, Bond jumps into passenger seat, Bond falls out, shot of truck, Bond jumps in passenger seat" repeated over and over for 10 min. Plus dreadful music. The scene is the low point of Craig's tenure... probably of the whole series IMO.

But this is off topic... this is a thread to anticipate NTTD! :) Let's enjoy the madness, dear Bond laddies... let the sport... "Commence"!

Oh man, I can't really put my finger on why but I do not like that Miami sequence at all, with the plane. All surface level action movie stuff, not Bondian at all, if I were to hazard a guess as to why I don't like it. Also, Bond looks terrible throughout.

One reason this scene falls flat to me is the "dead air" surrounding it. Imagine in rela life if a terrorist targeted an airport in the US. He would of got his head blown off! But when they arrest Bond there is dead silence, they don't even read him his rights. Dead silence. It is lazy film making. And why are they launching a new plane in dead of night? And poor Czech Republic location work, poor casting of villain, and the action is basiclaly the same repeated "shot of truck, Bond jumps into passenger seat, Bond falls out, shot of truck, Bond jumps in passenger seat" repeated over and over for 10 min. Plus dreadful music. The scene is the low point of Craig's tenure... probably of the whole series IMO.

But this is off topic... this is a thread to anticipate NTTD! :) Let's enjoy the madness, dear Bond laddies... let the sport... "Commence"!

Bond ladies?

Nice to see Daniel so confident about the film. Awkward moment when she called the film Die Another Day...

He makes her looks silly sorry the whole interview is hilarious.

Hilarious when even he forgets what the film is called.
    If true this is guaranteed to be more epic than Spectre.

Eon seem to be targeting the American audience With this one.
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 850
    @Contraband why lot of your video about the shootoing of NTTD are in "private" on your YT channel ? And why the hell Cary deleted lot of his old post on Insta ?