Do you have any concerns or niggles about NTTD ,or are you full of confidence ?

Comments

• I for one am certainly not full of confidence... judging by that trailer (would you call it that?) there is no story, no script for the character of Safin to work from. It all a hodgepodge of action clips mashed together and Safin has ZERO (count 'em) ZERO lines...
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    I for one am certainly not full of confidence... judging by that trailer (would you call it that?) there is no story, no script for the character of Safin to work from. It all a hodgepodge of action clips mashed together and Safin has ZERO (count 'em) ZERO lines...

Are you sure?
    I for one am certainly not full of confidence... judging by that trailer (would you call it that?) there is no story, no script for the character of Safin to work from. It all a hodgepodge of action clips mashed together and Safin has ZERO (count 'em) ZERO lines...

Zero lines? Did we watch the same trailer? Certainly, he didn’t get a lot of space within the trailer but clearly it was purposely cut that way. Also, the trailer hints at the deeper connection between Safin and Madeline, which counters your assertion.

It’s fine not to have 100% confidence in something you have yet to see but don’t lay your arguments at the feet of an intentionally ambiguous “first look.” Especially when you’re critique isn’t factually true.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

Well that’s funny.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 3,167
    From what we know Safin will turn up in the 3rd act (excluding the scene on the ice lake) and have the usual showdown with Bond. Like many other villains. Also, like many other villains (Dr.No, Stromberg etc), he is exclusively in interior scenes. Malek shot all his scenes at Pinewood. I hope for some extensive dialogue between him and Bond here.
  • RC7RC7

You deaf, bro?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I now bring popcorn to munch on when I read some threads; it's getting even more entertaining at times. ;)
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Nice troll.

Absolutely! Give this man a beer.

Safin was completely wasted. He should have had a more central role in that trailer, I feel. He was definitely underused as a character. Disgraceful behaviour.
    Really?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Really?

I detect pleasing levels of sarcasm in that comment above.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 3,279
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Really?

Must give me the name of your occultist... ;)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Really?

Must give me the name of your occultist... ;)

I suspected it was sarcasm as it was as much as that poster deserved in response. I have used the same type of humour myself in some of the crazier threads the festive season has produced. It's been a mad Christmas here. :)
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I'd be interested to see this alternative trailer that some other members have seen compared to the rest of us.

Zero dialogue for Safin I hear, what are we expecting a whole monologue in the first trailer. Why not just lay out the whole damn film.

Seriously coming to a conclusion from 2.5 minutes in what will likely be a 2 + hour film.

Some here have their minds made up already.

It will go nuclear on here if the next era doesn't deliver for the naysayers.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    I'm positively neutral about NTTD. It seems a mite unfair to dismiss a film before one has even seen it.
    There's a difference between dismissing the entire project and expressing scepticism or worries based on what we know. Everyone can't have the same expectations.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Zekidk wrote: »
    There's a difference between dismissing the entire project and expressing scepticism or worries based on what we know. Everyone can't have the same expectations.

Fair enough, but you should call it trailer review and point out both positive and negative aspects of it then it would be expressing scepticism. It won't be a film review though(which would matter most).
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    FRWL had a troubled production. I wonder what the internet would say back then?
  • I am worried about a Jink and Bond chemistry or Wai Lin and Bond because we have seeing this before.

Bond should just work alone like in the books.
    Does Bond work alone in the books? Does he really?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Minion wrote: »

Better ask Felix...
  • peterpeter Toronto
    matt_u wrote: »

Better ask Felix...

.... and Quarrel, Kerim, Tiger, Marc-Ange, even some of the Bond girls in the books are allies who partner with Bond, like Tiffany, Vesper (although that didn't work out so well), Kissy, Gala...
  • Minion wrote: »

He prefers to work alone.

We have seeing this too many times bond working with a girl that is equal to him.
    No offense, but that sounds more like you take issue with women being on equal footing with men, which isn’t a good look. Honestly, when was the last time we even had a “Bond’s equal” female lead? Twelve years ago?
  • Minion wrote: »
    No offense, but that sounds more like you take issue with women being on equal footing with men, which isn’t a good look. Honestly, when was the last time we even had a “Bond’s equal” female lead? Twelve years ago?

I am just worried because every bond film that had an equal female lead turned out to be one of the worst bond films such die another day and tomorrow never dies as an example. I believe it would be better if bond was just solo. Skyfall was amazing because he was mostly solo.

secret_007 wrote: »

I am just worried because every bond film that had an equal female lead turned out to be one of the worst bond films such die another day and tomorrow never dies as an example. I believe it would be better if bond was just solo. Skyfall was amazing because he was mostly solo.

M went with him, and Judi Dench was the female lead of that film.
  • I am full of confidence :)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Oh and I'm very confident also because of the women in this film. And the writers, including Phoebe.
    edited December 2019 Posts: 1,165
    secret_007 wrote: »

Don’t forget The Spy Who Loved Me. What a turgid piece of trash. Clearly women are the issue here, not the writing. And as @MakeshiftPython pointed out, he’s with other characters almost constantly throughout Skyfall, most notably M.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I also would much rather the Bond Girl fade out during the bulk of the third act (at least in terms of conflict and final confrontation with the villain, not story; in other words, I'm not a big fan of the Bond Girl getting in on the action, though there have been some notable exceptions that have worked, ie. Aki).

I suggest you read Fleming’s original stories. You might get a surprise.