NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Just been to see The Rise of Skywalker and was able for the first time to see a Bond trailer in the cinema!

I just got back from Rise of Skywalker, and there was no Bond trailer for me... :(
    I do generally not care for trailers as they tend to give away too much of a movie, I still liked Brosnans best were he only told who were you expecting and nothing was shown of the movie, it made me so much more interested.

I do watch trailers of movies that I tend not see in cinema only to have a look if there is anything interesting.

Like the "the Phantom Menace the trailer looked great the movie was far less so even if it had some brilliant moments.

So I reserve judgment on Craig last Bond outing when I have seen it in cinema. I do hope that this movie is better than its two preceding movies.
    TheSpyCommand is claiming on Twitter that the NTTD trailer playing in US cinemas has actually been slightly tweaked and has a couple new shots of footage compared to the international/global online version...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Not attached to Star Wars here in Canada.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited December 2019 Posts: 3,018
    Plot spoiler in chinse
    antovolk wrote: »
    TheSpyCommand is claiming on Twitter that the NTTD trailer playing in US cinemas has actually been slightly tweaked and has a couple new shots of footage compared to the international/global online version...

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!!!
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Seeing Star Wars on Xmas morning, eager to see if the NTTD trailer is there--and what might be different!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    jake24 wrote: »

There was no Bond trailer attached here either. Just Mulan and Black Widow.
  • No NTTD trailer before Star Wars in the Midlands UK Sunday afternoon either.

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    No trailer in Spain but at least we've seen this in Seville:

1479nccqvmvd.jpg
    The NTTD trailer was attached to my IMAX showing of Star Wars this past Sunday in Ohio.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    It was also shown in Wisconsin Dells for my viewing of TROS.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

The Japanese version of the Q Trailer.

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    jake24 wrote: »

There was no Bond trailer attached here either. Just Mulan and Black Widow.

No NTTD trailer with SW, for me, either. Quite bummed.

• 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    I think that raid on that tall building at the beginning is the shard in London its possible they did interior at Pinewood with a backdrop of London and no exterior shots from the actual building funny enough they wanted to use that building for Skyfall and were denied they do have history or reusing ideas for future movies https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=10030
  • RC7RC7
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    I think that raid on that tall building at the beginning is the shard in London its possible they did interior at Pinewood with a backdrop of London and no exterior shots from the actual building funny enough they wanted to use that building for Skyfall and were denied they do have history or reusing ideas for future movies https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=10030

The Shard exterior was wanted for the Shanghai scene, so it won’t be a case of reusing an idea.
    edited December 2019 Posts: 3,126
    RC7 wrote: »

The Shard exterior was wanted for the Shanghai scene, so it won’t be a case of reusing an idea.

@RC7 the outside of that scene does look high up like a skyscraper and it matches up to the london backdrop and its glass for what purpose the building is being raid don't know and who is doing the raiding. I matchup the background with the view from what would look from inside the building outside and it matches up.
  • RC7RC7

@RC7 the outside of that scene does look high up like a skyscraper and it matches up to the london backdrop and its glass for what purpose the building is being raid don't know and who is doing the raiding. I matchup the background with the view from what would look from inside the building outside and it matches up.

Not saying you’re wrong in that regard, I was just saying that the ‘history of reusing ideas in future films’ isn’t applicable in this case. The ‘idea’ was used in SF, they just did it at the Heron Tower.

It’s definitely an interesting shot and I agree the Shard vista did pop into my mind given London’s general lack of skyscrapers. That being said, I wondered if it was more likely the (fictitious) CNS building from SP?

Not saying you’re wrong in that regard, I was just saying that the ‘history of reusing ideas in future films’ isn’t applicable in this case. The ‘idea’ was used in SF, they just did it at the Heron Tower.

It’s definitely an interesting shot and I agree the Shard vista did pop into my mind given London’s general lack of skyscrapers. That being said, I wondered if it was more likely the (fictitious) CNS building from SP?

I need to take a closer look at the high res trailer but the view out of the window onto the City seems to suggest Shard to me.

Besides, neither the Shard nor Heron actually appeared in the film's as themselves!
  • Amazingly, the use of a skyscraper in London was in discussion as late as June 2018, when the Guardian wrote a piece about Centre Point. «Suggested scenarios are understood to include having Bond land on the roof via parachute or helicopter.»
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 17,279
    Station_Z wrote: »
    Amazingly, the use of a skyscraper in London was in discussion as late as June 2018, when the Guardian wrote a piece about Centre Point. «Suggested scenarios are understood to include having Bond land on the roof via parachute or helicopter.»

Bond landing on a London skyscraper via parachute? Can't help but think of this, haha!

• gt007gt007 Station G
    Is there a proper 4K version of the trailer online?
    gt007 wrote: »

Best so far with 5.1 audio is available as .mkv at https://thedigitaltheater.com/2019/12/12/no-time-to-die-2020-trailer-1-1080p-dts-hd-ma-and-ac3-5-1-2/

No 4K version of the trailer has been released anywhere, cinemas have it in 2K.
  • RC7RC7

I need to take a closer look at the high res trailer but the view out of the window onto the City seems to suggest Shard to me.

Besides, neither the Shard nor Heron actually appeared in the film's as themselves!

Actually in SF it was Broadgate tower in the end. Heron was recce’d I think. But this is sort of my point - Broadgate doubled as a generic skyscraper in Shanghai, a city that has nearly 100 more than London. We’re talking about an iconic London landmark, hence why it’s much more interesting if they are going to use it explicitly.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 850
    Contraband wrote: »
    Plot spoiler in chinse

Well, I've got a friend in france whoalso tell me he saw a different NTTD trailer at cinima, more short but with additional dialogue incluaded a blofeld one "now we have the same ennemy"... Don't know what to think of that. I mean SF had a special cinema trailer back in the day (and the only place to watch online it was a recorded video taken by someone in a cinema room).
  • Contraband wrote: »
    Plot spoiler in chinse

Well, I've got a friend in france whoalso tell me he saw a different NTTD trailer at cinima, more short but with additional dialogue incluaded a blofeld one "now we have the same ennemy"... Don't know what to think of that. I mean SF had a special cinema trailer back in the day (and the only place to watch online it was a recorded video taken by someone in a cinema room).

I believe it could be this trailer :

https://bbfc.co.uk/releases/no-time-die-filmtrailer-1
  • gt007gt007 Station G

Best so far with 5.1 audio is available as .mkv at https://thedigitaltheater.com/2019/12/12/no-time-to-die-2020-trailer-1-1080p-dts-hd-ma-and-ac3-5-1-2/

Looks great, thanks.
    TheBondFan wrote: »
    Plot spoiler in chinse

I believe it could be this trailer :

https://bbfc.co.uk/releases/no-time-die-filmtrailer-1

I had previously suspected it's just a 2 minute PG rated cut down of the full 2:35 piece... The Facebook and Instagram versions of the initial trailer are also 2 mins although no additional footage.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

Looks great, thanks.

I can't watch it, it's asking me to download [-(
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    Just got back from Rise of Skywalker in the U.K. Trailers were Mulan, Doolittle, 1917 and NTTD.
    Didn't see the 'same enemy' trailer though. Still, looked good up on the big screen.
    edited December 2019 Posts: 3,126
    Plot spoiler in chinse

@moneyofpropre2 you know who he was talking to that seems ominous if we do the math it could mean one of three people he was referring too Bond Madeleine or Nomi they seem to be the one who visits him. Unless he is not in prison very intriguing anything else he saw new? As for the chard I wonder if we could get a 4k version and zoom in on stuff on that raid sequence I did zoom in on one shot of and ominous looking glowy figure from what looks like from a computer.