NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    mtm wrote: »
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    I don't know if would be ideal for a Craig-Bond film, But I do miss the taglines in James bond posters. Like in TWINE we had 'Danger, Suspense, Excitement....there must be when he's around'. In GE posters we had 'There is no substitute' & You know the name....You know the number'. And many more taglines from other Bond movies as well. I think having something like 'Bond is never Obsolete' OR 'Bond's most Perilous Expedition yet' on NTTD's Theatrical Poster might be cool.

The GE poster tagline was pretty rubbish though! :) It could have been for any film.

"You know the name. You know the number." is pretty blatantly indicative of Bond, imo. Unless it was the "substitute" tagline you were referring to, in which case it's a fair point. Still not the worst though.

Yeah I was talking about ‘No limits. No fears. No substitutes’; which was pretty bland! Sticking with the ‘number’ one would’ve been better, but that was very early wasn’t it? Didn’t it use a pre-production photo of Pierce and the wrong 007 logo? The half black, half white poster?
  • This is so sick................................................................................

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    00Heaven wrote: »
    imranbecks wrote: »
    I must be blind coz i seriously don't see any cats...

Because there isn't one! I said there's a cat tree in the background. If there's a cat tree, well, then the owner of it also owns a cat. It could be a 'pointless' detail and we don't see the cats at all in the movie but it's a nice to see the thought put into the design of the room regardless.
    The cats may choose to stay out of sight when OO7 is around. Based on what Q has been telling them.

Compelling for the story. Builds suspense.

dc487133fde0bfedea1675e577c33708061076af.png
    Maybe Bond accuses Swann because it was her idea to go to Matera? Not his.
    She wants to visit that italian city in order to, let's say, visit her mother's grave?

Are we sure it's Vesper's grave, by that way?
    Have I lost something? :D
  • Sam Mendes has seen the NTTD trailer and is excited
    https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2486755/why-sam-mendes-cant-wait-to-watch-the-next-james-bond-film

Am I going to be able to enjoy it? Absolutely, yeah yeah. No, totally. I think doing this movie [1917] -- I think if I hadn't done another movie it would be weird. Not that I wanted to do it, but it would seem very odd that there I was. But I'd gone so far into another world, you know, and so immersed in it, that to me it just seems like, I can't wait [for No Time to Die]. I'll be there at the premiere. It's my friends. I'm proud of a lot of them and I cast a lot of them. I look at the trailer -- there's Léa Seydoux, Christoph Waltz, Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris, Ben Whishaw -- I cast all of them. It's a little bit like my bunch. So I feel possessive and very supportive of them. So yeah, I'm certainly going to be able to enjoy it.

No, I don't want to know. I want to be completely a virgin when it comes to this movie.

1917 looks sick as well.

If I were mendes I would have wanted to direct Craig’s finale. As he says he cast a majority of them I wonder why he was so adamant about not returning
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited December 2019 Posts: 4,247

Maybe he wasn't confident enough or he had no more ideas for Bond. But am happy he didn't return, so he doesn't ask Newman to re-use SP's score for NTTD or create family connection with it's characters.
    The Q TV spot come trailer was a very welcome surprise after a difficult last 24 hours. Will explain on the appropriate thread shortly.
    Mendes didn´t mention his "casting" of Tanner this time ;-).
    His mention of feeling possessive of "his bunch" sounds a bit rich. As if he had anything to do with the outcome of the film.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    This is so sick................................................................................

Oh that is a lot of fun; I didn’t spot that at all.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Sam Mendes has seen the NTTD trailer and is excited
    https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2486755/why-sam-mendes-cant-wait-to-watch-the-next-james-bond-film

Am I going to be able to enjoy it? Absolutely, yeah yeah. No, totally. I think doing this movie [1917] -- I think if I hadn't done another movie it would be weird. Not that I wanted to do it, but it would seem very odd that there I was. But I'd gone so far into another world, you know, and so immersed in it, that to me it just seems like, I can't wait [for No Time to Die]. I'll be there at the premiere. It's my friends. I'm proud of a lot of them and I cast a lot of them. I look at the trailer -- there's Léa Seydoux, Christoph Waltz, Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris, Ben Whishaw -- I cast all of them. It's a little bit like my bunch. So I feel possessive and very supportive of them. So yeah, I'm certainly going to be able to enjoy it.

No, I don't want to know. I want to be completely a virgin when it comes to this movie.

1917 looks sick as well.

Why are people ill?
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Yes, I thought they'd exchange the word "sick" for "lit" in this current generation. Which is it, btw, genz? gen2bvsnot2b? nogen, as in no genius?

Things used to be no brainers. Now people are.

Language is a dying thing, I'm afraid.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited December 2019 Posts: 7,526
    Univex wrote: »
    Yes, I thought they'd exchange the word "sick" for "lit" in this current generation. Which is it, btw, genz? gen2bvsnot2b? nogen, as in no genius?

Of course it isn't. I'll never say "lit" in my entire life but I'm not so naive to think language doesn't evolve over time. This is just being a cranky old person for the sake of it.

Of course it isn't. I'll never say "lit" in my entire life but I'm not so naive to think language doesn't evolve over time. This is just being a cranky old person for the sake of it.

That's me, a cranky old person ;)
    Nah, I'm just having a laugh.
    Rossi wrote: »
    Are we sure it's Vesper's grave, by that way?
    Have I lost something? :D
    Cnlmc0O.jpg

That's me, a cranky old person ;)
    Nah, I'm just having a laugh.

I'm just being a cranky old person to be honest, the word sick referring to something good is never going to track with me I'm afraid.

If it makes me a curmudgeon so be it.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 5,767
    I think it pays to keep thinking about meanings of words every now and then, but "sick" isn´t the first word with a negative content used with a positive intent. Ten or 20 years ago some people used to say "wicked" when they found something excepionally good. This generation didn´t invent this use of words.
    Not to forget that Ill Communication is a damn good record. When was it conceived to call something "damned" good?
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Granted, damn good and wicked sound sick, and that’s lit. It’s all very rad ;)

Of course you’re right, none of this is new and a sign of decadence. It’s just the never ending circular stream of life, nietzsche’s eternal return, variations in higher or lower tones. Some chime with some, some don’t.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    boldfinger wrote: »
    I think it pays to keep thinking about meanings of words every now and then, but "sick" isn´t the first word with a negative content used with a positive intent. Ten or 20 years ago some people used to say "wicked" when they found something excepionally good. This generation didn´t invent this use of words.
    Not to forget that Ill Communication is a damn good record. When was it conceived to call something "damned" good?

Well said
    Granted, damn good and wicked sound sick, and that’s lit. It’s all very rad ;)

That's groovy!
    boldfinger wrote: »

I wouldn't argue with that Ill Communication is damn fine album, I've come to terms with many words meaning other things, just sick just seems to sit strangely with me.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Bloody well said.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I wonder what Madeline is doing visiting Blofeld? Does she work for MI6? Or has Nomi brought her in to help, just to get under Bond's skin.

I love with this trailer that we have more questions than answers
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    If I were mendes I would have wanted to direct Craig’s finale. As he says he cast a majority of them I wonder why he was so adamant about not returning

I think he didn't like the experience of SP. Also he might have thought that he'd said all he wanted and could say about Bond and his universe. Still, it's a nice testament to his time as a Bond director, all these actors that are now attached to the franchise.
    Meant to mention this days ago, but I FINALLY saw the trailer for the first time! It was the first one attached to the new Jumanji movie. It was a small crowd as it was the first showing, so it was hard to gauge audience reaction, but I was floored by the trailer!
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I wonder what Madeline is doing visiting Blofeld?

Blofeld: "Quid pro quo. I tell you things, you tell me things. Miss Swann."
    Madeline: "What do you want?"
    Blofeld: "I want a room. With a view"
  • Zekidk wrote: »
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I wonder what Madeline is doing visiting Blofeld?

Blofeld: "Quid pro quo. I tell you things, you tell me things. Miss Swann."
    Madeline: "What do you want?"
    Blofeld: "I want a room. With a view"

=)) That just made my day!
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
  • Just been to see The Rise of Skywalker and was able for the first time to see a Bond trailer in the cinema!