No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    If Famke Janssen was the same age as Lynch now and had Lynch's role in NTTD, I think she might have been given a chance. Coz firstly, Janssen is Beautiful. Even the toughest Bond girls were eye candies. Lynch doesn't have the typical Bond girl look just like Jones in AVTAK...but Jones was accepted coz she played a villain which was perfect for her Saturnine looks. Coz am sure people wouldn't have accepted Jones as a 00 agent. Am not a fan of Lynch as a 00 agent or 007 yet. But the movie has to be seen so we know why they picked Lynch.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    If Famke Janssen was the same age as Lynch now and had Lynch's role in NTTD, I think she might have been given a chance. Coz firstly, Janssen is Beautiful. Even the toughest Bond girls were eye candies. Lynch doesn't have the typical Bond girl look just like Jones in AVTAK...but Jones was accepted coz she played a villain which was perfect for her Saturnine looks. Coz am sure people wouldn't have accepted Jones as a 00 agent. Am not a fan of Lynch as a 00 agent or 007 yet. But the movie has to be seen so we know why they picked Lynch.

I thought she was very charismatic in Captain Marvel. Which seems reason enough.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Who thinks Safin is being set up as a Bane-like red herring? The real villain turns out to be Blofeld who was simply using him to hatch his master of a master plan? On one hand it may diminish Safin, but on the other hand it makes Blofeld glitter as the final boss of the craig verse. Because otherwise it feels a bit nutty that the biggest bad of the Craig tenure is not blofeld but .....some guy when we were told Blofeld was the 'author of all Bond's pain".

Heh! It would be quite funny if all of that commando stuff getting into Safin’s lair was in the first half of the movie and Bond just quickly shoots him dead, leaving Blofeld as the real villain of the piece! :D
    edited December 2019 Posts: 4,247
    mtm wrote: »
    Who thinks Safin is being set up as a Bane-like red herring? The real villain turns out to be Blofeld who was simply using him to hatch his master of a master plan? On one hand it may diminish Safin, but on the other hand it makes Blofeld glitter as the final boss of the craig verse. Because otherwise it feels a bit nutty that the biggest bad of the Craig tenure is not blofeld but .....some guy when we were told Blofeld was the 'author of all Bond's pain".

Heh! It would be quite funny if all of that commando stuff getting into Safin’s lair was in the first half of the movie and Bond just quickly shoots him dead, leaving Blofeld as the real villain of the piece! :D

We sincerely hope not.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Do we know the name of the young girl on the frozen lake? Is she french, british, or norwegian?
  • duke_togoduke_togo france
    edited December 2019 Posts: 138
    It's possible that she plays a villain. Fukunuga seems to be a fan of AVTAK so maybe it will be revealed troughout the movie that she is a close (and badass) ally to Safin just like May Day was for Zorin.

duke_togo wrote: »
    It's possible that she plays a villain. Fukunuga seems to be a fan of AVTAK so maybe it will be revealed troughout the movie that she is a close (and badass) ally to Safin just like May Day was for Zorin.

Exactly, my thoughts too....True, Fukunaga is a fan of AVTAK and Duran Duran's theme as well. Am sure when a Director enters the World of Bond, they have their favourite Bond film in mind when Directing a Bond film.

Exactly, my thoughts too....True, Fukunaga is a fan of AVTAK and Duran Duran's theme as well. Am sure when a Director enters the World of Bond, they have their favourite Bond film in mind when Directing a Bond film.

No, don't buy that theory at all - firstly its too obvious and has been done before (Frost in DAD for example) and I think such a move would devalue her character and her combative relationship with Bond. She's a 00 (poss 007) and she's a bloody good agent, a true challenge to Bond, and just turning her bad would undermine that completely. Not going to happen.

ColonelSun wrote: »

No, don't buy that theory at all - firstly its too obvious and has been done before (Frost in DAD for example) and I think such a move would devalue her character and her combative relationship with Bond. She's a 00 (poss 007) and she's a bloody good agent, a true challenge to Bond, and just turning her bad would undermine that completely. Not going to happen.

Yeah, not saying it's certain to happen.... it's just a thought based on Fukunaga being fond of AVTAK & noticing that the last time a somewhat masculine female appeared in a Bond film was in AVTAK. She could be good, she could be bad. But we trust Fukunaga to handle it properly....whatever direction he chooses to go with it.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    As @ColonelSun said— it’s more worthy of her character to actually be a strong Double-0 who’s on the “right side” rather than making her a turncoat (which seems a little too on the nose and cartoonish).
  • duke_togoduke_togo france
    There are three leading Bond girls in this one so it's very possible that one of them is a villain.
    There are three leading Bond girls in this one so it's very possible that one of them is a villain.

Exactly....they can't all be good. But anyhow Fukunaga wants it, am certain....he'll make it more intricate.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome

Or maybe Blofeld is actually a woman turned into a man with the help of Mad Safin's technology. ;)
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

Exactly....they can't all be good. But anyhow Fukunaga wants it, am certain....he'll make it more intricate.

They already have that her name is Madeline Swann, sure she didn't betray bond intentionally but first scene of trailer clearly suggest when she said "why would I betray you". To make Nomi Villian would be same thing happen in Fallout with walker which won't happen because it's too obvious.

They already have that her name is Madeline Swann, sure she didn't betray bond intentionally but first scene of trailer clearly suggest when she said "why would I betray you". To make Nomi Villian would be same thing happen in Fallout with walker which won't happen because it's too obvious.

Sure, am not bent on it happening....but if it does happen, it's not going to be done in a cheesy way, not with a Director like Fukunaga at the Helm.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Contraband wrote: »
    Do we know the name of the young girl on the frozen lake? Is she french, british, or norwegian?

@Contraband I thought you confirmed earlier for us that she is...
    Madeleine.

Or are you talking about her REAL name? LOL
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Wow They do listen to fans.
  • The music in that artwork request video is interesting... sounds new to me.
    TripAces wrote: »

Madeleine.

@TripAces Her real name..
    Ludovico wrote: »
    boldfinger wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    A few weeks ago I was accused of "hysteria" when merely pointing out that Bond films don't have to be kid-friendly. But what is this Lashana thing then if not hysteria? So far, I've read nothing but really positive comments about Lashana. I don't think anyone here is threatened by her presence. We're wasting our breath on perhaps a member or two--at most.

I think she's going to be amazing. I myself am simply not attracted to her, but that's not a big issue since I'm not attracted to Camille or Paris or Triple-X either. I can still love a character, a performance, a presence. And I'm sure I'll enjoy everything Lashana brings to NTTD. But I don't have to call her a good-looking woman if she isn't in my book.

A colleague of mine went berserk when I told her how I felt about Lashana's looks last Friday. "O . M . G! You're only saying that because she's BLACK!" I'm sorry, what? I think Sissy Spacek is an unattractive woman; I find Shelley Duvall flat-out ugly. So now I don't like my own skin colour either? What does one have to do with the other? Talk about 'hysteria'. Also, my dark-skinned girlfriend had to laugh hard when I told her.

That doesn't mean I cannot respect an actress or appreciate what she brings. But I don't have to resort to "inner beauty" nonsense either. It's showbiz. Looks alone can make a star, even if she or he doesn't have any true acting talent. The opposite is also true; you can be the ugliest person on stage but blow us all away with an amazing performance.

Now, I'm not saying that Lashana is ugly; I just don't find her a very good-looking addition to the realm of Bond girls. That may change, though. Still, don't get angry with me, please. I'm glad she's here and I'm admiring her already. She may end up being one of the best things in NTTD. I've always supported the choice to bring her in. I thought her better than Brie in Captain Marvel, even if Brie is the more attractive one in my book. And this has absolutely nothing to do with skin colour. I've seen lots of '70s flicks with Pam Grier and let me tell you, she a whooole lotta woman; the white girls paled in comparison. (Yeah, pun very much intended.)

But like I said, so far, this forum seems very pleased with Lashana.

From my perspective, I find Lashana attractive sometimes, but less so overall than your average Bond girl. That said, I must stress that: 1)it truly depends of what she wears and how she is presented and 2)as someone said before, she has to look believable as a 00. A manicured supermodel would looks ridiculous as an operative. Yes, Lashana has stronger hips and shoulders, but that's what is expect from a woman in her line of work.

And I'd also add that I find her far more attractive, albeit in an unconventional way, than May Day, Tiffany Case, Way Lin, Christmas Jones, to name just a few.
    Regardless of Lynch´s qualification, why do you say a manicured supermodel would look ridiculous as an operative? If we were talking about special forces stuff, then I would very much agree, but isn´t a 00 supposed to gather intelligence very much? In fact, a manicured supermodel probably would have no problem to get into a lot of places and meet a lot of people ordinary men and women wouldn´t get access to at all.
    If I´m splitting hair say so ;-).

Well, a 00 must also be able to use firearms and carry on assassinations. I find Lashana a more believable looking operative than say Halle Berry.

Halle Berry looks more athletic than Lashana Lynch even now at more than 50 years of age.

halle-berry-in-skintight-workout-gear-10-08-2019-8.jpg

Does she? I can't see her handling a gun. I couldn't in DAD, I can't now.
    The music in that artwork request video is interesting... sounds new to me.

Indeed it seems to be. Highly doubt it's from the new OST, though, as it's unlikely Romer's recorded anything yet with a live orchestra. Quite possible that temp tracks have been created electronically, though -- this does sound a bit like that.

Regardless, one certainly wonders. EON aren't in the habit of using random Bond theme samples for marketing videos. Almost always "The Names Bond, James Bond" or one of the commissioned trailer pieces.

Unless this is a sampling of a fan remix, in the spirit of it being...a fan 'remix' contest.
    Am excited about NTTD....but am eager to see the next Bond actor. Really eager to see what direction the franchise takes next. Maybe focusing more on Bond's Military Adventures & Serious Spying would be a good take.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    TripAces wrote: »

Madeleine.

@TripAces Her real name..

Indeed, I don't think she has been identified.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    A few weeks ago I was accused of "hysteria" when merely pointing out that Bond films don't have to be kid-friendly. But what is this Lashana thing then if not hysteria? So far, I've read nothing but really positive comments about Lashana. I don't think anyone here is threatened by her presence. We're wasting our breath on perhaps a member or two--at most.

I think she's going to be amazing. I myself am simply not attracted to her, but that's not a big issue since I'm not attracted to Camille or Paris or Triple-X either. I can still love a character, a performance, a presence. And I'm sure I'll enjoy everything Lashana brings to NTTD. But I don't have to call her a good-looking woman if she isn't in my book.

A colleague of mine went berserk when I told her how I felt about Lashana's looks last Friday. "O . M . G! You're only saying that because she's BLACK!" I'm sorry, what? I think Sissy Spacek is an unattractive woman; I find Shelley Duvall flat-out ugly. So now I don't like my own skin colour either? What does one have to do with the other? Talk about 'hysteria'. Also, my dark-skinned girlfriend had to laugh hard when I told her.

That doesn't mean I cannot respect an actress or appreciate what she brings. But I don't have to resort to "inner beauty" nonsense either. It's showbiz. Looks alone can make a star, even if she or he doesn't have any true acting talent. The opposite is also true; you can be the ugliest person on stage but blow us all away with an amazing performance.

Now, I'm not saying that Lashana is ugly; I just don't find her a very good-looking addition to the realm of Bond girls. That may change, though. Still, don't get angry with me, please. I'm glad she's here and I'm admiring her already. She may end up being one of the best things in NTTD. I've always supported the choice to bring her in. I thought her better than Brie in Captain Marvel, even if Brie is the more attractive one in my book. And this has absolutely nothing to do with skin colour. I've seen lots of '70s flicks with Pam Grier and let me tell you, she a whooole lotta woman; the white girls paled in comparison. (Yeah, pun very much intended.)

From my perspective, I find Lashana attractive sometimes, but less so overall than your average Bond girl. That said, I must stress that: 1)it truly depends of what she wears and how she is presented and 2)as someone said before, she has to look believable as a 00. A manicured supermodel would looks ridiculous as an operative. Yes, Lashana has stronger hips and shoulders, but that's what is expect from a woman in her line of work.

And I'd also add that I find her far more attractive, albeit in an unconventional way, than May Day, Tiffany Case, Way Lin, Christmas Jones, to name just a few.
    Regardless of Lynch´s qualification, why do you say a manicured supermodel would look ridiculous as an operative? If we were talking about special forces stuff, then I would very much agree, but isn´t a 00 supposed to gather intelligence very much? In fact, a manicured supermodel probably would have no problem to get into a lot of places and meet a lot of people ordinary men and women wouldn´t get access to at all.

Well, a 00 must also be able to use firearms and carry on assassinations. I find Lashana a more believable looking operative than say Halle Berry.

Halle Berry looks more athletic than Lashana Lynch even now at more than 50 years of age.

Of course she does. It's not even debatable.

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Of course she does. It's not even debatable.

Would love to see some videos akin to the ones for John Wick for our Bond stars. Their training is undeniably tough, too. These little glimpses into the preparation are extremely exciting, whether it be weapons handling or working with their stunt doubles and choreographers. Really cool.
    Paging @jake24 ... Please, clean up this thread from all crap about Halle Berry, and anything else not related to NTTD production
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited December 2019 Posts: 14,963
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Wow They do listen to fans.

That’s a lot of fun. I think they’ve engaged the fans really well this time. Not too much but they haven’t ignored their fanbase completely.
    I’ll probably pop mine in: they won’t be too disappointed if it’s done the rounds already, will they?
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    The only thing I can blame Berry for is some of her performances, otherwise I put most of the blame on the director, writers and producers for how Jinx ultimately turned out. JOHN WICK CHAPTER 3 at least shows how effective Berry could have been as an action star if they didn’t just give her “yo mamma” jokes, have her ass constantly saved by Bond, etc.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Guys, a little reminder that this is the NTTD thread. Please take the Halle Berry talk somewhere else.