The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Bang out of order City fans throwing lighters and bottles at United players
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    KDB yellow card
    Oh dear Otamendi goal, United don't throw away all this good work
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 17,241
    NTTD getting a good trailer spot on Sky sports during one of the biggest derby's at half time

Hah, that's cool!
    Wipes brow... I am glad I checked the history at the last minute and put my captaincy on Salah instead of Abraham

Well played! Regretting not sticking with Son for the captaincy. Vardy needs to deliver tomorrow!
    I played Kelly for the first time in ages, hopefully 6 points on its way.

That Spurs result though did not expect that, I will take 2 assists from Alli.

I should have benched TAA after hearing that rumour.

I didn't have anyone to ply for TAA other than Kelly. Will get his points off the bench fortunately as Mané didn't play.

When I looked at Salah's record against Bournemouth I have never moved so fast lol Salah has scored in his last five games against Bournemouth. I am looking at player history more from now on

It's definitely a factor to keep in mind. Some players just enjoy playing against certain teams!
    James with great chance for United

I really wonder how this game will end. Very open in the first ten.

United are doing much better than I expected a few good chances, this City team is vulnerable certainly to pace

As you saw right there! Rashford will surely go up in price again now. I'm tempted by a -8 the way things are going this gameweek.

Yeah Rashford in for me after this game got two transfers

I can get Rashford in for Jiménez for free with 0.0 to spare. Might have to. That will affect my move for Alli though; will be left making a decision between keeping KDB or taking a hit to bring in Alli…

Edited last post

TAA can free up funds

With a blank incoming, that might be a clever move.You might want him back, but a couple of transfer will make that possible.

Perhaps though TAA not being doing enough at his price for me, plus many of my benched defenders pick up points. I am looking at Dunk as a possible cheaper option

You have a point there. He does get the occasional goal involvement, but you also pick a defender for clean sheet potential. I can't prioritise a move like that personally, but if I had few other issues to solve, then I might be tempted to transfer TAA out for a cheaper option.
    @Torgiertrap are you thinking Son and Alli double up on Spurs attack

It's definitely on my mind. The only way of doing it though, is by either downgrading Jiménez to Ings, then Zaha to Alli – or keeping Zaha and do De Bruyne to Alli (and Jiménez to Rashford to have some United cover for their upcoming fixtures).
    Get in well done United we had to win this as we need to shake off losing leads, now we need to build on this. Draws against Villa and Sheffield United, loses against Palace and Newcastle cant happen. United need to go on a run to makes the City and Spurs wins matter.
    NTTD getting a good trailer spot on Sky sports during one of the biggest derby's at half time

Hah, that's cool!
    Wipes brow... I am glad I checked the history at the last minute and put my captaincy on Salah instead of Abraham

Well played! Regretting not sticking with Son for the captaincy. Vardy needs to deliver tomorrow!
    I played Kelly for the first time in ages, hopefully 6 points on its way.

That Spurs result though did not expect that, I will take 2 assists from Alli.

I should have benched TAA after hearing that rumour.

I didn't have anyone to ply for TAA other than Kelly. Will get his points off the bench fortunately as Mané didn't play.

When I looked at Salah's record against Bournemouth I have never moved so fast lol Salah has scored in his last five games against Bournemouth. I am looking at player history more from now on

It's definitely a factor to keep in mind. Some players just enjoy playing against certain teams!
    James with great chance for United

I really wonder how this game will end. Very open in the first ten.

United are doing much better than I expected a few good chances, this City team is vulnerable certainly to pace

As you saw right there! Rashford will surely go up in price again now. I'm tempted by a -8 the way things are going this gameweek.

Yeah Rashford in for me after this game got two transfers

I can get Rashford in for Jiménez for free with 0.0 to spare. Might have to. That will affect my move for Alli though; will be left making a decision between keeping KDB or taking a hit to bring in Alli…

Edited last post

TAA can free up funds

With a blank incoming, that might be a clever move.You might want him back, but a couple of transfer will make that possible.

Perhaps though TAA not being doing enough at his price for me, plus many of my benched defenders pick up points. I am looking at Dunk as a possible cheaper option

You have a point there. He does get the occasional goal involvement, but you also pick a defender for clean sheet potential. I can't prioritise a move like that personally, but if I had few other issues to solve, then I might be tempted to transfer TAA out for a cheaper option.
    @Torgiertrap are you thinking Son and Alli double up on Spurs attack

It's definitely on my mind. The only way of doing it though, is by either downgrading Jiménez to Ings, then Zaha to Alli – or keeping Zaha and do De Bruyne to Alli (and Jiménez to Rashford to have some United cover for their upcoming fixtures).

TAA out is the only way I can get Rashford in without weakening my midfield
    Get in well done United we had to win this as we need to shake off losing leads, now we need to build on this. Draws against Villa and Sheffield United, loses against Palace and Newcastle cant happen. United need to go on a run to makes the City and Spurs wins matter.

If anything this secured the chances of Liverpool winning the title. Can't see anyone catching up with them now. I also think the points gained by United and Sp*rs today will only make things worse for Arsenal. Can't see Arsenal managing top six now.
    edited December 2019 Posts: 23,104

If anything this secured the chances of Liverpool winning the title. Can't see anyone catching up with them now. I also think the points gained by United and Sp*rs today will only make things worse for Arsenal. Can't see Arsenal managing top six now.

As bad as United have been the players for me were not the issue as I felt Ole was not getting the best out of the team and the last two results I think prove me right, unfortunately your team don't have the personnel and who ever is in charge need to play to Arsenal's strength and that's your attack, even if you concede your firepower should be doing much better and need better service.

United 5 points off top four now amazingly.

Leicester main threat to Liverpool perhaps?
    Made my two transfers before any price rises and have money in the bank, I have got Rashford in and doubled up on Sheffield United defense for the next four GW's as have good fixtures. Jiminez and TAA out for three or four weeks

As bad as United have been the players for me were not the issue as I felt Ole was not getting the best out of the team and the last two results I think prove me right, unfortunately your team don't have the personnel and who ever is in charge need to play to Arsenal's strength and that's your attack, even if you concede your firepower should be doing much better and need better service.

United 5 points off top four now amazingly.

Leicester main threat to Liverpool perhaps?

Has Ole changed anything in the last two matches - or is it that the teams they've faced have suited them better in one way or the other?

Arsenal are beyond the point where someone can turn things around, I think. I've seen some complains about Freddie already, but what can the guy do? The team isn't particularly good. They deserve to be where they are on the table.

Looks like Leicester are the only ones that can compete with Liverpool. They have the advantage of no European football, and can focus on the league.
    Made my two transfers before any price rises and have money in the bank, I have got Rashford in and doubled up on Sheffield United defense for the next four GW's as have good fixtures. Jiminez and TAA out for three or four weeks

Just did the Jiménez>Rashford transfer myself. Ideally I'd want to wait, but I couldn't risk a price rise for Rashford. Will have to hope he stays fit until next deadline now!
    True Spurs and City attacking United suited us, though Ole is playing more attacking football now and dumped the 3 at the back which was just not working. United in many games this season were way to negative, Ole is getting United to attack far more in recent games.

Next GW Captaincy Options for me...

Martial, Rashford at home to Everton
    Salah at home to Watford
    Abraham at home to Bournemouth
    Vardy at home to Norwich

That is a tough one to call
    True Spurs and City attacking United suited us, though Ole is playing more attacking football now and dumped the 3 at the back which was just not working. United in many games this season were way to negative, Ole is getting United to attack far more in recent games.

Salah at home to Watford
    Vardy at home to Norwich

Wonder if he'll continue that way or take a different approach in games against teams that don't attack like City or Sp*rs.

Tough call indeed! I'm between Rashford, Mané (who I presume will play next gameweek), Abraham and Vardy. Right now the armband is on Vardy, but that is likely to go back and forth between those players all week!

Salah at home to Watford
    Vardy at home to Norwich

Wonder if he'll continue that way or take a different approach in games against teams that don't attack like City or Sp*rs.

Tough call indeed! I'm between Rashford, Mané (who I presume will play next gameweek), Abraham and Vardy. Right now the armband is on Vardy, but that is likely to go back and forth between those players all week!

Ole has to have a go at the teams below and start games on the front foot certainly at home, just watching Everton Richarlison on top form, I hope he blanks against us lol

Big Dunc really got the Everton crowd going

After watching Son wonder goal I am tempted to get him in, hell of a run

Salah at home to Watford
    Vardy at home to Norwich

Ole has to have a go at the teams below and start games on the front foot certainly at home, just watching Everton Richarlison on top form, I hope he blanks against us lol

United have conceded more goals than one might expect (?), so I guess being on the front foot and trying to win the games early is the way to go. Ideally Arsenal should do the same, but I don't think the team is in any way structured to make that happen.

He certainly did! Acted like he'd won a final there! And maybe it almost was like one in a way; those three points made a lot of difference for them I think – and not just in the league table. Richarlison looks to have found his top form when they need it the most. They don't get the most favourable fixtures until January though – Arsenal aside (that's an Everton win for sure).

Salah at home to Watford
    Vardy at home to Norwich

United have conceded more goals than one might expect (?), so I guess being on the front foot and trying to win the games early is the way to go. Ideally Arsenal should do the same, but I don't think the team is in any way structured to make that happen.

He certainly did! Acted like he'd won a final there! And maybe it almost was like one in a way; those three points made a lot of difference for them I think – and not just in the league table. Richarlison looks to have found his top form when they need it the most. They don't get the most favourable fixtures until January though – Arsenal aside (that's an Everton win for sure).

Arsenal need someone like Big Dunc at least his attitude, its a shame Keown never got into management, Tony Adams struggled?

Just checked my ranking in the top 175'000 I am in two minds as to whether I want Vardy to do well later today I need him to do worse than Salah to maintain a decent rank

The top team in FPL has Alli, Kane (C) and Son. Some of the top managers must take hits regularly

Salah at home to Watford
    Vardy at home to Norwich

Arsenal need someone like Big Dunc at least his attitude, its a shame Keown never got into management, Tony Adams struggled?

Just checked my ranking in the top 175'000 I am in two minds as to whether I want Vardy to do well later today I need him to do worse than Salah to maintain a decent rank

The top team in FPL has Alli, Kane (C) and Son. Some of the top managers must take hits regularly

Yeah, I think Arsenal could do with a manager with that type of attitude, but I feel those kind of managers don't want to manage a club like Arsenal. I think Arsenal is more suited to managers like Wenger (and the club is probably more likely to appoint managers not too far from Wenger's personality). This was part of why I felt – unlike many Arsenal fans – that Mourinho could've been an interesting appointment. There's something about his attitude that just works for certain players.

I think you need Vardy to do well – but not too well; maybe an assist but no more? I've dropped to 400k, so not doing well at the moment. I will need to make some risky moves going forward to turn things around. Maybe going with the gut feeling as far as captaincies goes as well.

I've noticed that as well. I don't think they all take hits that often, but they have a way of predicting when to bring certain players in. Some of those managers were probably quick to jump on Sp*rs assets when Mourinho became the manager, for example. I'm still struggling to find a spot for Alli, and stuff like that will affect the likelihood of climbing the rankings. I could've sorted that out earlier by taking a hit or two…
    Vardy is unstopable

@Torgeirtrap I may go from KDB to Son over Christmas as right now Son looks likely to get more points
    Vardy is unstopable

@Torgeirtrap I may go from KDB to Son over Christmas as right now Son looks likely to get more points

I hope he gets a few more (I will likely get a red arrow if he doesn't…)

Son looks very involved in Sp*rs' attacking play, so he's definitely an option to consider. So is KDB, but City doesn't look to be on form right now.

Vardy is unstopable

Son looks very involved in Sp*rs' attacking play, so he's definitely an option to consider. So is KDB, but City doesn't look to be on form right now.

Vardy doing well dropped me 100'000 in ranking lol if only he had blanked, FPL is chess
    Vardy is unstopable

Vardy doing well dropped me 100'000 in ranking lol if only he had blanked, FPL is chess

It certainly is! Last time I checked the live rankings after the games were done (which includes auto subs), I had the smallest of green arrows – so small, that I think it will be a red one after tomorrow night's game is over.
    Vardy is unstopable

It certainly is! Last time I checked the live rankings after the games were done (which includes auto subs), I had the smallest of green arrows – so small, that I think it will be a red one after tomorrow night's game is over.

Captain choices that work out and having other players that fail can be beneficial, in my second season I am becoming more aware of the psychogy of FPL.

It's great we can talk random FPL stuff though it would be better if other fellow League members got involved.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    West Ham 1-0 Arsenal.
    Vardy is unstopable

Captain choices that work out and having other players that fail can be beneficial, in my second season I am becoming more aware of the psychogy of FPL.

It's great we can talk random FPL stuff though it would be better if other fellow League members got involved.

It would be great if we got more people involved for sure. Feel free to join in everyone!

West Ham 1-0 Arsenal.

As expected.
    Ouch how have Arsenal looked?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited December 2019 Posts: 15,686

1-3 now. Martinelli, Pepe, Aubameyang scored. 60th, 66th, 69th minutes.

1-3, but only good for that short spell the goals came…
    Decent comeback from Arsenal maybe gives them a bit more time to make sure they get the right manager.
    Decent comeback from Arsenal maybe gives them a bit more time to make sure they get the right manager.

A much needed comeback! They play City in the weekend…

There are many rumours going around as to how the Arsenal hirearchy will approach the manager appointment. There's speculation they might talk to Marcelino – as reported by Guillem Balague (who also thinks an announcement might be made this week). Others believe they're just going to let Freddie be in charge until the summer, as it's potentially easier to sign a manager between seasons.

There are many rumours going around as to how the Arsenal hirearchy will approach the manager appointment. There's speculation they might talk to Marcelino – as reported by Guillem Balague (who also thinks an announcement might be made this week). Others believe they're just going to let Freddie be in charge until the summer, as it's potentially easier to sign a manager between seasons.

If Freddie can steady the ship waiting until summer maybe wise, I guess its whether they think someone coming in now can realistically get top four with those players.

I think City may rip your defense apart though the City defense will be vulnerable to Pepe, Aubameyang and Lacazette, I can see alot of goals in that game.

If Freddie can steady the ship waiting until summer maybe wise, I guess its whether they think someone coming in now can realistically get top four with those players.

I think City may rip your defense apart though the City defense will be vulnerable to Pepe, Aubameyang and Lacazette, I can see alot of goals in that game.

I don't even the Arsenal hierarchy believe in top four, to be honest. If someone new comes in, it's likely with a EL final in mind. I believe Freddie is much better as a coach than his few games in charge suggests though, and that the results are just as much down to player performances.

It will be a lot of goals – for City at least! I'm thinking they might win by five or more goals the way things are going for Arsenal.