No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Any word on the gun barrel at the start?
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    The more I see of the title logo in use the more I like it. Brilliant.

Agreed. Hated it when it was announced, but am really starting to warm to it, especially seeing it on posters like that!

Seeing a logo in use can make all the difference!
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Tomripley wrote: »
    The DNA genetic selected viruses are a real thing. Russians,Americans and Israelis have worked on that as probably the Brits and French. In South Africa, it almost happened. See this article from The Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/27/south-african-intelligence-officers-spread-aids-black-communities . When I read it, I immediately thought this could a villains plot....

I hope that the science behind any bioweapon is somehow plausible. No virus or bacterium will make a person fall to the ground immediately as in the nightclub scene, least of all a selective one for a particular genetic makeup. A poison, on the other hand, has a quicker effect, when inhaled, but i don‘t see how it should discriminate between people.

The Google entry for ethnic bioweapons is also not very convincing. While it is theoretically plausible that a virus could be designed that targets a specific ethnicity, it could never cause death within seconds, minutes or hours. Really hoping here that they stay close to reality with whatever they have dreamed up. This also holds true for anything concerning cloning. Truth and reason already are under fire more than ever in many countries, It would be a poor show if NTTD turns sloppy on the science.

fjdinardo wrote: »

I don't imagine that we'll hear anything about this until the first reactions/reviews appear
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Matt wrote: »
    fjdinardo wrote: »

I don't imagine that we'll hear anything about this until the first reactions/reviews appear

Yeah IIRC we weren’t totally sure of where it would be for both SF and SP. I just remember waiting for the word on early screenings.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Have a question: What kind of model is the creme white/yellow Jeep we've seen in Scotland, Norway and briefly in the trailer?
    Contraband wrote: »
    Have a question: What kind of model is the creme white/yellow Jeep we've seen in Scotland, Norway and briefly in the trailer?

A Land Cruiser, I think, from Toyota.
    Univex wrote: »

Aah ok. Thanks.
    Univex wrote: »

Aah ok. Thanks.

Ugly thing, If you ask me. Specially in the colour scheme. But they know best, and if they're going for the realism route, then...ok.
    Playing with the expectations of the audience and surprising them is a standard method for scriptwriters. It keeps the audience engaged and thinking. If Bond retires, then it's just common sense that there will be a new 007. We know via Thunderball and, common sense that (shock horror) there are female 00 agents. If the audience takes it for granted that 007 is Craig, then, it's their assumption. Unlike previous plot twists (step -brother) it does nothing to undermine Bond himself. If handled well, it could really work IMHO but it's also about the execution.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 17,241

@Contraband There were two light brown Toyota Land Cruisers on location at the Atlantic Road (as well as a couple of Range Rovers). Here you see them both during a practice round on a closed track the day before shooting started on the Atlantic Road:

71151693.jpg?imageId=71151693&width=1024&height=615

https://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/forste-bilder-av-hemmelig-bond-bil/71151582
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    suavejmf wrote: »
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    peter wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Okay, I told you guys about Jamaica back in early Feb.

@jake24 recorded this on a certain page of his thread.

About two weeks ago, Baz had verified this...
    I think the kid is bond and Madeline’s child

I agree.... if this film takes place in 2025...
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Bond will win

Have another one...
    I don’t like the child or Madeline being involved at all. If we have to have a flashback I’d rather it be of bond and an event that ties into the plot of him becoming a 00 or at skyfall etc.

Are you a relative of any poster on this site? Is your replacement for Craig, Aiden Turner @Tuck91 ? Curious, that's all...

Nope I have no interest in aiden turner or anyone on the radar to replace craig. I’m interested in the character of Ian Fleming’s James Bond played by Daniel Craig in his 5th and final outing. I’m not interested in Madeline and someone she shot in a story from spectre. Especially 5 years later

I agree. I was hoping for a gun barrel sequence unleashing craig into a stand alone film. The female 007 angle is definitely the worst angle for me, it sounds a bit like the bore that was Jinx in DAD, trying to steal screen time from the star.

Bond will win

Have another one...
    I don’t like the child or Madeline being involved at all. If we have to have a flashback I’d rather it be of bond and an event that ties into the plot of him becoming a 00 or at skyfall etc.

Are you a relative of any poster on this site? Is your replacement for Craig, Aiden Turner @Tuck91 ? Curious, that's all...

Nope I have no interest in aiden turner or anyone on the radar to replace craig. I’m interested in the character of Ian Fleming’s James Bond played by Daniel Craig in his 5th and final outing. I’m not interested in Madeline and someone she shot in a story from spectre. Especially 5 years later

I agree. I was hoping for a gun barrel sequence unleashing craig into a stand alone film. The female 007 angle is definitely the worst angle for me, it sounds a bit like the bore that was Jinx in DAD, trying to steal screen time from the star.

So...

That she's a 00 means that she's 007?

In the scene where M says “Where’s 007?” She will be revealed as 007 due to Bond being retired. Yawn. It’ll then be her sparring with him during the film. They should have done without this angle and had traditional Bond girls. It’s been widely reported this is a so called twist in the press and it’s an obvious PC bore that I’m certain will be the case.

She might.

Not the same as "she will".
    007 or not, the trailer clearly shows that Bond and Nomi are some kind of competition, and that basically steals time from the real plot. Unless it´s all really psychological/philosophical and Nomi has the role of a newly added, unwanted little sister. Which again would be a rather questionable approach if done seriously. And I don´t see anything funny about the way Bond and Nomi converse in the trailer.

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    boldfinger wrote: »

Bond will win

Have another one...

Bond will win

Have another one...

So...

In the scene where M says “Where’s 007?” She will be revealed as 007 due to Bond being retired. Yawn. It’ll then be her sparring with him during the film. They should have done without this angle and had traditional Bond girls. It’s been widely reported this is a so called twist in the press and it’s an obvious PC bore that I’m certain will be the case.

She might.

007 or not, the trailer clearly shows that Bond and Nomi are some kind of competition, and that basically steals time from the real plot. Unless it´s all really psychological/philosophical and Nomi has the role of a newly added, unwanted little sister. Which again would be a rather questionable approach if done seriously. And I don´t see anything funny about the way Bond and Nomi converse in the trailer.

I'll judge their relationship after seeing the film.

We don't know when all of their scenes will take place.

Some of us were never going to like her as soon as the "she's the new 007" rumors started to spread.

Bond will win

Have another one...

Bond will win

Have another one...

So...

She might.

Some of us were never going to like her as soon as the "she's the new 007" rumors started to spread.
    I don´t refer to any "she´s the new 007" rumours. She can be 007 all she wants, but I would like to see in the trailer, in order to lure me into the film, a strong, clever character. Instead the trailer shows me a character acting tough, and thus appearing to hide insecurities. What is supposed to be attractive about that?
    A lot in that looks promising, but for me at least, Nomi isn´t one of those things.

edited December 2019 Posts: 3,497

Bond will win

Have another one...

Bond will win

Have another one...

So...

She might.

I don´t refer to any "she´s the new 007" rumours. She can be 007 all she wants, but I would like to see in the trailer, in order to lure me into the film, a strong, clever character. Instead the trailer shows me a character acting tough, and thus appearing to hide insecurities. What is supposed to be attractive about that?
    A lot in that looks promising, but for me at least, Nomi isn´t one of those things.

Hence: never judge a movie based on a trailer only.

You were never going to like her, just admit it. Sorry. ;-)

Bond will win

Have another one...

Bond will win

Have another one...

So...

She might.

I wouldn´t say I was never going to like her. I didn´t like what I saw of her during the production, no big deal to admit that, but I knew that wasn´t necessarily how she will appear in the film, and I was waiting to see some finished shots.
    You´re right, in recent decades it has become common practice to insert shots into trailers that don´t appear in the actual film.
    Don´t say sorry if you aren´t.

@Contraband There were two light brown Toyota Land Cruisers on location at the Atlantic Road (as well as a couple of Range Rovers). Here you see them both during a practice round on a closed track the day before shooting started on the Atlantic Road:

@Torgeirtrap Thanks. Also good info here:

https://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/ultimate-guide-no-time-die-bond-25-products-and-locations
    Gotta love Ana :))

For someone who didn't like the trailer, I wasn't bothered at all about Nomi or the conversation she had with Bond. If anything, it was one of the things in the trailer I enjoyed the most. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

https://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/ultimate-guide-no-time-die-bond-25-products-and-locations

Thanks for the link, @Contraband! As James Bond Lifestyle mentions, the licence plate on that car looks like it could be Norwegian, but there's six numbers on it, not five like the Norwegian number plates have.

Bond will win

Have another one...

Bond will win

Have another one...

So...

She might.

I wouldn´t say I was never going to like her. I didn´t like what I saw of her during the production, no big deal to admit that, but I knew that wasn´t necessarily how she will appear in the film, and I was waiting to see some finished shots.
    You´re right, in recent decades it has become common practice to insert shots into trailers that don´t appear in the actual film.
    Don´t say sorry if you aren´t.

So you want me to be half monk, half hitman? :-?
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited December 2019 Posts: 4,247
    With

Bond will win

Have another one...

Bond will win

Have another one...

So...

She might.

I think Lynch not being an outstanding beauty....just maybe added to the fact why she's not really liked. Ana de armas seems to be getting the better reviews. Not saying I like the female '00' or '007' thing. But imagine if Ana de armas was the '00' agent....maybe she might have been accepted...just maybe. But maybe Lynch might be liked once the movie is seen.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

Bond will win

Have another one...

Bond will win

Have another one...

So...

She might.

+1
    We knew Malek has a mask on but did you all know it's from Japan? Makes sense since we been talking about Cary's ancestry.

For someone who didn't like the trailer, I wasn't bothered at all about Nomi or the conversation she had with Bond. If anything, it was one of the things in the trailer I enjoyed the most. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Thanks for the link, @Contraband! As James Bond Lifestyle mentions, the licence plate on that car looks like it could be Norwegian, but there's six numbers on it, not five like the Norwegian number plates have.

It's a damn puzzle, aint it...
    Do we know the name of the bike rider jumping? British bald guy, motocross champion.

@Slyfox manage to film him without the helmet. Clip coming...
  • It is embarrassing to say the least to see what is going on in this board ever since we had rumours about Lynch and her role.
    On the one hand we have a typical stereotype beauty like AdA that doest say a word in the trailer but many praise her. On the other hand you have Lynch giving some witty dialogue in a charismatic way and she gets nothing but hate.
    Why can't she act the same way the young Bond behaved? Isnt it the obvious very idea of her role to be the aggressive and over confident young next generation while Bond while be the old dog ?

And anyway: I think it is not the action that makes a Bond movie stand out, it is the interactions of Bond with other characters that make the difference. It worked with Eve in SF and I hope it will work with Nomi in NTTD. If we get great scenes with Bond and Nomi - THATS what I watch a Bond movie for
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Do we know the name of the bike rider jumping? British bald guy, motocross champion.

Paul Edmonton. It was confirmed to me by Dave Grant, the stunt who jumps off the bridge.

It's a damn puzzle, aint it...

It certainly is!

Paul Edmonton. It was confirmed to me by Dave Grant, the stunt who jumps off the bridge.

Let me plant a kiss on you.. :-* :D

Thanks
  • peterpeter Toronto
    danielcc wrote: »
    It is embarrassing to say the least to see what is going on in this board ever since we had rumours about Lynch and her role.
    On the one hand we have a typical stereotype beauty like AdA that doest say a word in the trailer but many praise her. On the other hand you have Lynch giving some witty dialogue in a charismatic way and she gets nothing but hate.
    Why can't she act the same way the young Bond behaved? Isnt it the obvious very idea of her role to be the aggressive and over confident young next generation while Bond while be the old dog ?

And anyway: I think it is not the action that makes a Bond movie stand out, it is the interactions of Bond with other characters that make the difference. It worked with Eve in SF and I hope it will work with Nomi in NTTD. If we get great scenes with Bond and Nomi - THATS what I watch a Bond movie for

Very well said @danielcc ... As I was saying to @Shardlake today, I really enjoy Lynch. She’s got a very sultry voice, and is quite sensual in personality and movements (love how she bumps into Bond at the Club, and how she fires her weapon), also; she looks as if she hit you, it’d hurt! I’m personally tired of seeing 90 lb twigs taking out 220lb men! Lynch as Nomi sells power behind her punch!

In the end though, this is a James Bond film. Lynch is a main supporting star, but the central story is about Bond and how Madeleine and Safin effect his life.