NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited December 2019 Posts: 1,261
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Blofeld says to Bond what I, at first thought was: “her secrets will be the death of you.” He actually says: “her secrets will be the death of HIM.” “Him” is Rami’s character, Safin I’m guessing.

Well, in the German trailer Blofeld says "wenn ihr Geheimnis ans Licht kommt wird, wird es DEIN Tod sein", referring to Bond, not Safin.

• DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited December 2019 Posts: 1,261
    RC7 wrote: »
    Pretty sure he’s saying ‘Death of you‘, not him.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    This will be the ninth time we see Blofeld and only three times has he been bald: In YOLT, OHMSS and FYEO. He was not in FRWL, TB, DAF, NSNA or SP.
  • RC7 wrote: »

It's definitely 'you.'

It's a well-known British idiom. Something will be the death of you [or me]
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Maybe it’s a marketing ploy to spur to take the “Him” / “You” challenge. The trailer has to be watched to play. 😏
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 2,436
    I've seen the UK and International trailers. I've heard 'you' and 'him', think one must have 'you' and the other must have 'him'. Unfortunately I'm at work at the moment and can't check.
  • RC7RC7

It's definitely 'you.'

Also confirmed by the guys who cut the trailer. Conspiracy!
  • RC7 wrote: »

It's definitely 'you.'

Also confirmed by the guys who cut the trailer. Conspiracy!

Maybe it's another Dolly moment!

I knew it! He saves her. That’s part of her secret. Now how does it all fit together? We don’t have enough pieces for this puzzle, have we? How nice ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    That German dubbing was horrendous.
  • talos7 wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    This may have been proposed,
    When Blofeld says, “...it’ll be the death of him” could he be talking about Safin ? Possibly Swann holds the key to defeating him.
    He says "it'll be the death of you" meaning Bond.
    I just rewatched it, it’s “him” , not “you” .
    This makes it much more ambiguous.

Half the time I hear "you." Half the time I hear "him." It depends on the speakers. I wish it were a little clearer

Interesting, I listened to it a half dozen times, on my phone, and always hear “him” .
    , even when I tried to hear , “you”

It's definitely 'the death of him'... and I'm sure they're referring to Bond.
    When Blofeld says, “...it’ll be the death of him” could he be talking about Safin ? Possibly Swann holds the key to defeating him.

He definitely doesn't say 'it'll be the death of you', he says 'it'll be the death of him', and I believe he's talking to Madeleine about Bond.
    Definitely Blofeld talking to Maddie about Bond. Doesn’t even feel right that he should be talking about Safin’s death. Because that would be a good thing, right? We want Safin dead. But not Bond. He’s talking about some big secret that could kill “him”. That “him” being Bond is the only thing that makes sense.

• GatecrasherGatecrasher Classified

Half the time I hear "you." Half the time I hear "him." It depends on the speakers. I wish it were a little clearer

Interesting, I listened to it a half dozen times, on my phone, and always hear “him” .

He definitely doesn't say 'it'll be the death of you', he says 'it'll be the death of him', and I believe he's talking to Madeleine about Bond.
    Definitely Blofeld talking to Maddie about Bond. Doesn’t even feel right that he should be talking about Safin’s death. Because that would be a good thing, right? We want Safin dead. But not Bond. He’s talking about some big secret that could kill “him”. That “him” being Bond is the only thing that makes sense.

Agreed 100%. I still can’t believe so many of us are debating this line, it’s pretty clear.
  • Walecs wrote: »
    Who else is devastated that Blofeld doesn't have his iconic look? Seems like such a terrible waste. Though, already in his brief scene in the trailer, Waltz seems in finer form than he did in SP

Ernst-Stavro-Blofeld-christoph-waltz_0.jpg?w968h681

Why isn't he bald?!?!

He wasn't in the books either, I'm glad they're giving him a Flemingian look.

Yeah - but he is in the films! Now would have beent he perfect opportunity. He looks a little pathetic and broken. He's spent five years in the nick. Why hasn't he broken out?!?

Anyway, why isn't Q at work! Did he quit? I also feel that Q won't show up till that scene revealed in the trailer. In fact, I reckon all the MI6 crew will have much much much smaller roles this time out.

4x5-Ben-Break-DOM-1536x1920.jpg
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited December 2019 Posts: 10,586

Agreed 100%. I still can’t believe so many of us are debating this line, it’s pretty clear.
    Yet it has literally been confirmed otherwise by the people who cut the trailer. Don't see any reason to "debate" this any longer as there is genuinely one answer.

Keep in mind that these people are given access to raw footage, so they know exactly what the line is.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    It's been a while we had a prolonged underwater action scene in a Bond film. Just maybe we might get that in NTTD. Just hoping though.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    It's been a while we had a prolonged underwater action scene in a Bond film. Just maybe we might get that in NTTD. Just hoping though.
    Didn't Craig say he had to be submerged underwater for 12 hours during filming? I recall him saying that in the GMA interview.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Yet it has literally been confirmed otherwise by the people who cut the trailer. Don't see any reason to "debate" this any longer as there is genuinely one answer.

Keep in mind that these people are given access to raw footage, so they know exactly what the line is.

This. It's undisputable at this point.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Didn't Craig say he had to be submerged underwater for 12 hours during filming? I recall him saying that in the GMA interview.

Yes, but that number could mean anything really. It could have been a difficult to shoot 30 second sequence or conversely they were highly efficient when filming 10 minutes' worth of 'action'. Hopefully it's the latter. I'd like to see Craig with some scuba gear on.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited December 2019 Posts: 3,018

Gaaaah.. I've been saying that for several days. At least I think did. She goes in, he shoots up a hole and grabs her.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 4,599
    At 2 mins, the girl is under the ice, effectively dead. He raises his machine gun but it is still pointing down rather than horizontal. (it could be edited from different scenes) but my guess is he breaks the ice and pulls her out.
    this also fits in with clips of the filming where we saw the guy chasing the girl rather than shooting her - she was within range
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    DAcJyqX.gif

0HAVa0h.jpg

Is it just me, or apart from the missing eye, does the other side of his face look messed up as well?

It looks different to the picture on the computer screen. Is the computer rending something, or just loading?

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome

He adopted her... :-?

• RC7RC7

I’m presuming something in the finale involves water. It appears the lair is close to (perhaps in places under) water.
  • The Trailer says Blofeld is HMP Wakefield prison and the shot shown is one of HMP Belmarsh (where Silva was supposed to be taken)
  • RC7RC7
    edited December 2019 Posts: 10,512
    shamelord wrote: »
    The Trailer says Blofeld is HMP Wakefield prison and the shot shown is one of HMP Belmarsh (where Silva was supposed to be taken)

He’s been moved for the Bond interrogation. (Temporarily).
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    @RC7 When we see the wide shot of the liar, the light ray on the wall is in motion, like it's reflecting through water.
  • RC7RC7
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    @RC7 When we see the wide shot of the liar, the light ray on the wall is in motion, like it's reflecting through water.

It’s certainly close to water.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited December 2019 Posts: 14,861
    zebrafish wrote: »
    shamanimal wrote: »
    zebrafish wrote: »
    In the German trailer Blofeld says "you" (Wenn ihr Geheimnis ans Licht kommt, wird das dein Tod sein). That settles it.

Nothing settled for me, when my ears tell me he's so obviously saying "him" on the English trailer I've seen.
    We'll see, come April. That'll settle it!

Christoph Waltz has dubbed his own text for the German version.

Is that right? That's classy.
    Jordo007 wrote: »

Thank you. I have a feeling I'll be watching this after work

@Pierce2Daniel I think it's because of Dr Evil. Plus it would be jarring to see him bald and with the scar, when that wasn't set up really. But who knows

Daniel I think say it best in this interview, when talking about Bond and Austin Powers

Ah I've never seen that before. Might've been better if Favreau had let Craig speak occasionally! :)
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited December 2019 Posts: 5,921

Speculating...maybe Madeleine is
    Blofeld's daughter, which would make her Bond's foster daughter
    ? Yep, that'd be the death of him.
    So Bond this time has to deal with the estranged big brother and with an unwanted little sister. Are we sure Craig is not going to do one more? Because all that´s left is Bond´s child. Or will that be also in this film?