NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Contraband wrote: »

Oh I didn't realise the whole cast were there.

What watch is Craig wearing? Omega obviously, but looks like a chronograph..?
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    don't get why this guy thinks it will be woke when he says where is 007 it pans to Bond.
    Ana wasn't part of the GMA right?

Which means...she'll probably be in the club scene only I guess
    TripAces wrote: »

I knew it see mi6 hq is being infatraited again and I bet Blofeld and Lynch are all in it. Would explain that sequence of London filming of a possible break in.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Q gets kidnapped we think?
  • Got Dr No vibes when Bond said "History isn't kind to men who play god"

"Asylums are full of people who think their Napoleon...or god".
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 727
    Is it me or are they putting a heavy emphasis on marketing to Americans with GMA, Times Square etc? Disappointed with the Spectre box office take me thinks?
  • dragonsky wrote: »

We'll see a classic gunbarrel as always, right?

I would be utterly shocked if we didn't see a classic gunbarrel. Cary seems to have a fresh but very reverent approach to Bond, so I sincerely doubt that he would leave it out.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    007Blofeld wrote: »

I knew it see mi6 hq is being infatraited again and I bet Blofeld and Lynch are all in it. Would explain that sequence of London filming of a possible break in.

Well that's Q's house. He seems to live in Waterloo :)
  • tqbtqb
    Is it me or are they putting a heavy emphasis on marketing to Americans with GMA, Times Square etc? Disappointed with the Spectre box office take me thinks?

NBC owns Universal (and GMA)
    mtm wrote: »

Q gets kidnapped we think?

Is that Lynch's coat!? Now this making sense Spectre is training a licensed mole to break out Blofeld!
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    edited December 2019 Posts: 972

He is wearing a 1957 trilogy Omega Speedmaster on nato strap. Same one he wore during the photocall in Matera.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Funny that HMP Wakefield appears to have been relocated to next to London City Airport. What's going on there I wonder?
    I don't get why this guy thinks it will be woke when he says where is 007 it pans to Bond.
    Because the trailer hasn't been cut in chronological order. The reveal after M's line could easily be that of Niomi rather than Bond, and the trailer's been cut that way to fool you.
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    Got Dr No vibes when Bond said "History isn't kind to men who play god"

"Asylums are full of people who think their Napoleon...or god".
    Damned fine spot there @2Wint2Kidd. There's most definitely a Dr No vibe and similarity in its face-off dialogue between Bond and the villain. The set also looks like a nod to Dr No, but done on a much bigger scale and with a lot more money.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited December 2019 Posts: 14,861
    So the trenchcoat stuff is Norway? Has he got that massive machine gun on under there? :D
    imranbecks wrote: »

He is wearing a 1957 trilogy Omega Speedmaster on nato strap. Same one he wore during the photocall in Matera.

Ooh that's lovely.
    bondsum wrote: »
    I don't get why this guy thinks it will be woke when he says where is 007 it pans to Bond.
    Because the trailer hasn't been cut in chronological order. The reveal after M's line could easily be that of Niomi rather than Bond, and the trailer's been cut that way to fool you.

Yes indeed: he's certainly* not referring to Bond at that point in the movie because Bond won't be 007 at the point he's in Jamaica!
    Although admittedly his predecessor did call him 007 in Licence To Kill even after he'd quit then ;)

*may not actually be certain :D
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    36 sec shorter trailer on 007's insta

• edited December 2019 Posts: 3,333
    Yes indeed: he's certainly* not referring to Bond at that point in the movie because Bond won't be 007 at the point he's in Jamaica!
    Although admittedly his predecessor did call him 007 in Licence To Kill even after he'd quit then ;)
    I should've mentioned that and well spotted. As you pointed out, M would know James Bond was retired before the trailer cuts to him in Jamaica, so it's clearly another 007 he's referring to and not Bond.

Yes, it would depend on whether Bond is actually retired or has taken leave. The synopsis says he's left active service, which makes me think it's a mutual agreement. In LTK, Bond's resignation wasn't formally written or accepted, as far as I can recall, so his superiors still referred to him as 007. However, NTTD doesn't look to be taking anything from LTK. This is very much looking like one of those purported rumours that could well be true.
    vzok wrote: »
    How are people who don’t like SP feeling? It certainly seems to be leaning on SP.

Just got around to watching the trailer. As expected it looks to be closely tied with SP, but no doubt far more than I hoped for personally. It only took 8 secs before I got a cringe moment; damn, that was soap-y. It continues of course, with the reappearance of Blofeld (ugh), and the brief moment between Bond and Madeleine afterwards ("You don't know what this is").

The cinematography looks promising, but despite some familiar elements, I don't get the feeling of watching a Bond trailer – at all. It doesn't look like a film I will be lining up to see opening day.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I just wish we knew what the connection is here with Madeline and Safin. If that is believed to be her running on the ice, what is it that she has that Malek's character wants? I keep trying to keep in mind the whole "genetic warfare" angle. Just don't see how it all connects yet. The writing/planning of this movie must've been one major puzzle to put together.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    How are people who don’t like SP feeling? It certainly seems to be leaning on SP.

Just got around to watching the trailer. As expected it looks to be closely tied with SP, but no doubt far more than I hoped for personally. It only took 8 secs before I got a cringe moment; damn, that was soap-y. It continues of course, with the reappearance of Blofeld (ugh), and the brief moment between Bond and Madeleine afterwards ("You don't know what this is").

The cinematography looks promising, but despite some familiar elements, I don't get the feeling of watching a Bond trailer – at all. It doesn't look like a film I will be lining up to see opening day.

That's how I felt in regards to a few cringe moments, on top of the line about Bond missing Q. I'll still see it opening day, it's Bond and Craig's final installment, but at least this time I can tamper expectations and go in expecting SP 2.0.
    36 sec shorter trailer on 007's insta

And it has EXPERIENCE IN IMAX at the end!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Yes indeed: he's certainly* not referring to Bond at that point in the movie because Bond won't be 007 at the point he's in Jamaica! Although admittedly his predecessor did call him 007 in Licence

*may not actually be certain :D
    I should've mentioned that and well spotted. As you pointed out, M would know James Bond was retired before the trailer cuts to him in Jamaica, so it's clearly another 007 he's referring to and not Bond.
    Well that, or the shot of M is from much later in the movie when Bond is 007 again (maybe). Either way, they're unlikely to actually both be shots from the same time in the movie.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    April can't come soon enough!
    Seems like Ana De Armas character is on the good side... I was really hoping she would be a femme fatale. Now her character seems more like Severine 2.0 only with some fighting and gun skills.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

+1.

Honestly this feels like a Spectre meets The Force Awakens movie. Madeleine's big secret feels like a mystery box being pointlessly dragged on as much as possible for no story reason at all. Blofeld's "when her secret comes out" is so damn cringy.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I think people are (once again) jumping to conclusions. Not sure how anyone can refer to the movie as a duplicate of SPECTRE based off of a 2 minute trailer with a variety of scrambled scenes.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I used to be a 00, but then I took a bullet to the knee.

[/Skyrim reference]
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    tqb wrote: »

NBC owns Universal (and GMA)

Disney owns GMA, not NBC
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    So when M asks where 007 is: who's he talking about? :)

Bond's personal library includes 'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance' and 'The Complete Book of Sea Fishing' :)

Good question! On first watch I actually thought this dispelled the Nomi is 007 rumour, but it is still left ambiguous... I think, based on Bonds conversation with Nomi in this trailer, that she is not 007. Just my guess though.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 17,241
    Creasy47 wrote: »

That's how I felt in regards to a few cringe moments, on top of the line about Bond missing Q. I'll still see it opening day, it's Bond and Craig's final installment, but at least this time I can tamper expectations and go in expecting SP 2.0.

The Bond missing Q line didn't bother me, but there's definitely some dialogue here that feels off. I'll definitely be expecting SP 2.0 as well; can only be pleasantly surprised at this point.
    Walecs wrote: »

+1.

Honestly this feels like a Spectre meets The Force Awakens movie. Madeleine's big secret feels like a mystery box being pointlessly dragged on as much as possible for no story reason at all. Blofeld's "when her secret comes out" is so damn cringy.

Agree. I wouldn't know about The Force Awakens as Star Wars is of no interest to me, but Madeleine's big secret and all that feels so, so…awkward.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I think people are (once again) jumping to conclusions. Not sure how anyone can refer to the movie as a duplicate of SPECTRE based off of a 2 minute trailer with a variety of scrambled scenes.

There's a difference between claiming it will be SP 2.0 and expecting it to be.