The vehicles of Bond 25. Should 007 go back behind the wheel of a BMW ? or stick with Aston Martin ?

2»

Comments

https://www.dezeen.com/2019/05/10/international-spy-museum-washington-dc-rogers-stirk-harbour-partners/

The new spy museum in Washington features Bond's DB5 on the ground floor.

• zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    You should not forget this British icon:

56fb9a1fe5d2d_frontlineae7.jpg
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 11,425
    If only they still made Austin Healeys. They were beautiful cars.

https://classicsworld.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/austin-healey-3000.jpg

Can someone explain how I post a photo? When I click on the image icon a small box pops up asking for a URL but I cannot see how you then post the URL as an image rather than a link.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Getafix wrote: »
    If only they still made Austin Healeys. They were beautiful cars.

https://classicsworld.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/austin-healey-3000.jpg

Can someone explain how I post a photo? When I click on the image icon a small box pops up asking for a URL but I cannot see how you then post the URL as an image rather than a link.

Paste the link into the box, hit enter, and the img tags will be applied.
    Doesn't work for me. I press enter (return on my phone keypad) and the cursor returns to the main text box.

The URL box just stays floating there in the middle of the screen.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    edited May 2019 Posts: 4,312

It is a bit cumbersone on a phone, but on a PC you just copy the image's address from the browser's address window and insert into the image pop-up window.

See:
    austin-healey-3000.jpg
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 11,425
    I tried it but once in the image pop up window I could not post it.

Thanks for posting the Austin Healey anyway.

In some ways I might even prefer it to the DB5
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited July 2019 Posts: 14,948
    zebrafish wrote: »
    You should not forget this British icon:

I always thought an AC Frua 428 would be a good car for book Bond: British but with Italian style and American power:

biga.jpg?itok=Ln8a_DNg

21574-1970-ac-428-coupeacute.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

95df36b10cdc9f32a8b34e5b11537483.jpg

Interesting. I've literally never heard of AC before.

There are lots of old British Marques that would have suited Bond. Austin Healey is one of my favourites
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Interesting. I've literally never heard of AC before.

Have you not come across the Cobra? A very important car; I guess it’s probably more correctly known as a Shelby Cobra than an AC Cobra.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 11,425
    Yes heard of the Cobra.

Was driving along the Cote D'Azur earlier today and saw one of these. Very nice.

http://moneyinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/1968-Ferrari-365-GTB4-Daytona-750x516.jpg
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yes heard of the Cobra

Cool; well that’s basically an AC. And the 428 was kind of based on that. I think Bond would have liked it :)
    In Downton Abbey:

99c1592943ff2842575b7c04f004c514.jpg

;)
    Fascinating. How have I never heard of them?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Also:

AC_Invalid_Carriage_1976.JPG

:D
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited July 2019 Posts: 1,261
    wartburg_m_02.jpg

wartburg_353_w460_m_03.jpg

1920px-34._DKW-Treffen_in_Garitz_2010_-_Flickr_-_ReneS.jpg

• DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Or maybe better for climate and environment?

P90268080_lowRes_bmw-motorrad-x2city-.jpg

8f76d91783990cc121787c9ae14410c1.jpg

• j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I'm tempted to post a picture of my bicycle...no battery power etc. Just pedaling.
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    I'm tempted to post a picture of my bicycle...no battery power etc. Just pedaling.

Think about it, what a great bicycle chase this would make. Of course only on official cycle paths. With traffic lights. And pedestrians. Maybe they could use the Magic Roundabout at Swindon.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    aston-martin-am-rb-003-and-vanquish-vision-concept.jpg

Aston Martin Valhalla seems ripe for some use.

IvKW.giftumblr_np4hfs5Kwq1qz7otto3_400.gif
    TH3ft9i1xE.gif
    In this he is sort of doing both now. Seeing as its a BMW engine under the bonnet of the DB5! :-?
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    Shame they never got anything off the ground, because Lotus' Elite concept really had that Bond elegance to it in my opinion...lotus_elite_concept_2.jpeg
    Also, can't Bond have a nice BRG or Royal Blue car anymore? GoldenEye's been the last time we saw Bond drive anything other than grey. George's DBS is still one of my favourites colour-wise, and Johnny English showed a good blue or red can work great as well.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    MartinBond wrote: »
    Shame they never got anything off the ground, because Lotus' Elite concept really had that Bond elegance to it in my opinion...lotus_elite_concept_2.jpeg
    Also, can't Bond have a nice BRG or Royal Blue car anymore? GoldenEye's been the last time we saw Bond drive anything other than grey. George's DBS is still one of my favourites colour-wise, and Johnny English showed a good blue or red can work great as well.

I’ve never seen that concept before. Beautiful!
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    The logic required just becomes more and more convoluted.

He won it at cards. Its his. He stores it in a lock up in London Bridge.

It wasn’t the same car from CR because it was lended to Bond by Q. I would assume that in Craig’s universe this Aston Martin was once assigned to 00 agents back in the 60s. Since Bond didn’t want to use a more recent vehicle with trackers, he opted for an older vehicle, one that M instantly recognized given her remark “go ahead, eject me”.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited November 2019 Posts: 14,948
    The logic required just becomes more and more convoluted.

He won it at cards. Its his. He stores it in a lock up in London Bridge.

It wasn’t the same car from CR because it was lended to Bond by Q. I would assume that in Craig’s universe this Aston Martin was once assigned to 00 agents back in the 60s. Since Bond didn’t want to use a more recent vehicle with trackers, he opted for an older vehicle, one that M instantly recognized given her remark “go ahead, eject me”.

I think it could be the CR car: he just pulled some favours with Q’s predecessor to get it converted to RHD and some old gadgets slipped in there while they’re at it.