No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• edited November 2019 Posts: 2,436
    If true, the desire to get PWB signed up for Bond 26 would suggest that they're already gearing up for it ... But we digress from the Bond film at hand ...
    They need to know if Daniel is returning before they write the next one. It would be hard to otherwise

Still can’t believe a whole bond production has elapsed and completed and we got barely anything. All we know for sure is the dangerous technology and bond retired in Jamaica.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    They need to know if Daniel is returning before they write the next one. It would be hard to otherwise

Still can’t believe a whole bond production has elapsed and completed and we got barely anything. All we know for sure is the dangerous technology and bond retired in Jamaica.

its better then knowing the whole plot
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited November 2019 Posts: 5,834
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Exactly. I actually see it as somewhat of an achievement. In this day and age, with social media and aggressive journalism, it's incredibly difficult to keep things unspoiled.

As fans on this site when we saw the teaser trailer for Spectre, we already could piece together the whole film because we'd basically heard all about it. Some people had even constructed their own versions of a teaser trailer with lines from the leaked script before we'd even got the real one. I think nearly everyone had guessed that Mr. White's lines to Bond were going to be used...
    Jesper Christensen was confirmed at the December 2014 press conference.

I always liked that event. Craig looked real jolly and happy compared to the Jamaica press event
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited November 2019 Posts: 5,834
    Jesper Christensen was confirmed at the December 2014 press conference.
    Yes I guess he was, but real lines from the script were still used to create people's idea of what the trailer would be, and a lot of them were right, because the Mr. White line was already "iconic" to the readers... so being unaware of anything to do with the film's plot or characters or even actual lines is just refreshing to be honest, for me anyway haha :D
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 3,126
    Denbigh wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Exactly. I actually see it as somewhat of an achievement. In this day and age, with social media and aggressive journalism, it's incredibly difficult to keep things unspoiled.

As fans on this site when we saw the teaser trailer for Spectre, we already could piece together the whole film because we'd basically heard all about it. Some people had even constructed their own versions of a teaser trailer with lines from the leaked script before we'd even got the real one. I think nearly everyone had guessed that Mr. White's lines to Bond were going to be used...

yeah mystery and not knowing isn't necessary a bad thing and i wouldn't be surprised if we don't get much from the trailer other then random action I can't believe they would give alot away.
    Surely that depends on whether you choose to believe the leaks and rumors or not? The movie has a long post production and I’m sure we’ll hear a lot more from early screen testing on Reddit. Again, it will depend on whether you choose to believe what you’re reading (or have read) or dismiss it offhand, as some will undoubtedly do. You’re certainly not going to get a fully detailed plot synopses from Eon. I agree that they’ve run a tight ship this time round and obviously want to keep certain elements of the story a surprise. Closer to the release date we’ll know absolutely everything about this movie, don’t you fear.
    I must say one of the biggest downsides of having almost no story news is that many are taking all the tabloid articles as the 100% truth. There's been so much anger and panic without us knowing what's really happening, thanks to so much clickbait and speculation.
    Other than matera what was the biggest action set piece. Any chance we missed something?

• bondsum wrote: »
    Surely that depends on whether you choose to believe the leaks and rumors or not? The movie has a long post production and I’m sure we’ll hear a lot more from early screen testing on Reddit. Again, it will depend on whether you choose to believe what you’re reading (or have read) or dismiss it offhand, as some will undoubtedly do. You’re certainly not going to get a fully detailed plot synopses from Eon. I agree that they’ve run a tight ship this time round and obviously want to keep certain elements of the story a surprise. Closer to the release date we’ll know absolutely everything about this movie, don’t you fear.
    Now that you mention it, I'm surprised we haven't gotten a spoiler summary of the movie (real or fake) from Reddit yet.
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 3,333
    Other than matera what was the biggest action set piece. Any chance we missed something?
    Well, for starters there’s the whole Lashana Lynch and her “popcorn-dropping moment” as 007. Whether there’s any truth to the rumor (or that her code prefix has now been changed) we’ll just have to wait for the early screen testing leaks to corroborate this or not. Then there’s Malek’s character that is apparently “eco-friendly,” and his lair containing a massive algae farm. Of course I’m not going to list every rumor as there’s already hundreds of previous comments covering those. If you’re looking for a detailed list of action set-pieces, you’re going to have to piece together what’s already been discussed until more details emerge.

Another interesting rumor is whether Adele is working on a new song for the movie. This could be a reason why there’s been very little news or scoops on the subject, apart from the so-called leak that she’s busy fleshing out a song.

It’s still far too early to know the the entire story structure, but that will be leaked prior to the movie’s release. Probably a good month before would be my guess. Until then, you’re all going to have to be patient and bide your time. Maybe take up a new hobby to help ease the wait?
  • Tuck91 wrote: »
    If Craig is done I cant see eon looking around until 2021 at the earliest for a replacement. I highly doubt we’ll see bond 26 any earlier than 2024
    I'm not too sure. Didn't SP go into development a month after SF was released? They can hit the 60th anniversary.
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    If Craig is done I cant see eon looking around until 2021 at the earliest for a replacement. I highly doubt we’ll see bond 26 any earlier than 2024
    I'm not too sure. Didn't SP go into development a month after SF was released? They can hit the 60th anniversary.

To make 2022 they’d have to find a new actor, write the script , film and post production by July 2022 for a November release.

Eon won’t likely do much the rest of 2020
    They’ll probably have a first draft by 2021 and have a few actors on their radar

They may announce the new actor and release date in 2022. This is the fastest timetable imo
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Yeah, I also don't think it's completely necessary to have a film out in 2022. That event can be celebrated in many other ways. A new documentary that includes Spectre and No Time to Die, other special television events. Do more cinema rereleases, concert events, or even museum opportunities. So many things. There's no need to rush for such an event, and yes if a new actor is cast by then, that would be good time to announce it :)
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    More photos of the Land Rover Defender
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I’ve known this was going to be Craig’s last Bond movie from the start, but after seeing his latest comments today, I think it’s finally hit me. I’m going to be a wreck when the credits role after NTTD. Craig’s been Bond since I was 14 years old. I’m now 27. Thankful for many years of memories, and an exceptional era.
    Many have had their guess as to what the ending is. I have a weird premonition bond retires from active service at the end , but accepts the task training younger mi6 recruits at the end and introduces himself as ..... you can guess the rest.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Many have had their guess as to what the ending is. I have a weird premonition bond retires from active service at the end , but accepts the task training younger mi6 recruits at the end and introduces himself as ..... you can guess the rest.
    The only thing is that he's already retired... and I doubt they'll have him rejoin MI6 for one mission and then he'll retire again. I think he'll just do one last job for them.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Yeah, I also don't think it's completely necessary to have a film out in 2022. That event can be celebrated in many other ways. A new documentary that includes Spectre and No Time to Die, other special television events. Do more cinema rereleases, concert events, or even museum opportunities. So many things. There's no need to rush for such an event, and yes if a new actor is cast by then, that would be good time to announce it :)

I would love it if EON would license their films to Fathom Events or certain theater chains for a screening of each Bond film at the start of 2022. Wide release screenings for films celebrating their anniversary has become more common ever since theaters have adopted digital projections.
    The only thing is that he's already retired... and I doubt they'll have him rejoin MI6 for one mission and then he'll retire again. I think he'll just do one last job for them.
    Yep, that’s my own take too. Depends on whether the filmmakers want to bring closure to the story, or simply do a YOLT and have Bond in a clinch before being dramatically whisked away or something similar. To have him already retired, then return to active duty, then finally retire again into the sunset seems a tad unimaginative and a repeat of SP. Then there’s the notion that Eon are hopeful of luring him back again for B26. Personality, I’d much rather they just kept his final moments open-ended like the really good Bond movies used to do, rather than painting themselves into another creative cul-de-sac.

Give it time @FrankXavier. They will come. But the audience test screenings have to be closer to the release date to be believable. It’s possible that they might already have a rough cut of B25, though it wouldn’t be anywhere near ready to show to the public yet, unless they were unsure of their product and wanted to get early feedback so as to make their changes. I doubt this is the case with NTTD. I expect these Reddit posts to start appearing around late January.
    bondsum wrote: »
    Yep, that’s my own take too. Depends on whether the filmmakers want to bring closure to the story, or simply do a YOLT and have Bond in a clinch before being dramatically whisked away or something similar. To have him already retired, then return to active duty, then finally retire again into the sunset seems a tad unimaginative and a repeat of SP. Then there’s the notion that Eon are hopeful of luring him back again for B26. Personality, I’d much rather they just kept his final moments open-ended like the really good Bond movies used to do, rather than painting themselves into another creative cul-de-sac.

My bet is the ending is more in line with LTK where he's never officially reactivated as an agent on screen, but M has left the door open for Bond should he want the job back. If we get a new actor, the movie will start with Bond having already been back for sometime.
    bondsum wrote: »

My bet is the ending is more in line with LTK where he's never officially reactivated as an agent on screen, but M has left the door open for Bond should he want the job back. If we get a new actor, the movie will start with Bond having already been back for sometime.
    Indeed @MakeshiftPython. LTK ended with Bond in a wet clinch in a swimming pool with a winking fish. I certainly hope there’s no ticker-tape ending for Craig just because it’s supposedly his final Bond outing.
    The only "definitive ending" I'd fully accept for Craig Bond would be him actually dying, and then the next Bond will just start his run ala DR. NO well in the middle of his career. But I don't see EON doing that. They always try to end each of these films on a lighter note, even when most inappropriate like TWINE's Roger Moore style ending and QOS's somber ending interrupted by the blaring gun barrel.
    Killing Bond off at the end would create an avalanche of “Bond is officially dead” articles and go against any of the other actor’s final Bond moments. It would also leave audiences scratching their heads as to why they felt the need to do this. We’ve had six official James Bonds over a course of 57 years, so it’s not like they need to kill off Bond to then have him magically reappear with a new face and personality in the next picture, unless Eon want to make a statement and declare that NTTD is their final Bond movie. That’s the only way I’d accept Bond dying at the end.
    talos7 wrote: »
    I'd rather see him bow out a bit too early than too late.

I don't subscribe to this view. Rog would only have done 4 and we'd have lots OP and FYEO if he'd left after MR as mooted at the time.
    Getafix wrote: »

I don't subscribe to this view. Rog would only have done 4 and we'd have lots OP and FYEO if he'd left after MR as mooted at the time.
    Technically, TSWLM was Moore’s mooted final Bond movie. After TSWLM, Moore would only sign a one-picture-deal each time, giving Cubby the runaround and making him sweat over his participation. Hence why Cubby always had Michael Billington on standby from the early Moore days right up until FYEO. Billington, you might remember, was nearly cast as Bond in LALD when Moore was first stalling over signing on for a 3-picture deal. Personally, I’d rather have seen Billington in the role, but that’s probably just me and I don’t expect the Moore fans to agree.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

Well all of those are fine, and OP would have made a fantastic final film but AVTAK was one film to far. It was more than obvious that he was too old looking at that point.

• edited November 2019 Posts: 11,425

Well all of those are fine, and OP would have made a fantastic final film but AVTAK was one film to far. It was more than obvious that he was too old looking at that point.

And if AVTAK had been a classic, what then? I still like it anyway.

Should Connery have quit after GF? His last 3 are certainly nowhere near as good as his first 3 but I'm still glad we have them.

My view is that if you have a good Bond you keep cranking them out until the doors literally fall off and then you reboot.

And the previous actor going out on a relative dud helps the next guy look better.
    @bondsum given they even did test screening for Brolin for OP, was there any indication that they were looking at more actors for AVTAK ? Of all the latter Moore films that’s the only one I haven’t read information on regarding replacement actors. My personal theory was that EON went back to Moore for AVTAK as a victory lap for outdoing NSNA at the box office.