No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• I doubt that they have made up all his answers, so I found it worth mentioning, even if it's not from a trade paper... Does it automatically mean that Craig is really out of B26 (as Bond)? Of course not, currently we all don't know what's going to happen in the next months (and we don't know how NTTD is going to end). And of course Craig will be getting asked the same questions another 100 times until and after the the NTTD premiere, but it was the first time since months he reponded directly to those questions.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 5,185
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    Thx for mentioning...

Oh god sorry, yes, all credit to you for finding this in the first place of course! Just felt it was worth linking to the original source/interview here.

Tabloids are not worthy of being linked to.

And this isn't the UK Daily Express though

So? Das ist the same. Just look at their website.

The best part about their website is the 'erotik' category at the top. Makes them seem super legit.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Thx for mentioning...

Oh god sorry, yes, all credit to you for finding this in the first place of course! Just felt it was worth linking to the original source/interview here.

That reminds me of the most eventful awards night I ever went to. The host was seriously injured! and I’ll always remember the fun packs we were given contained a torch, a CurlyWurly, a book of stamps, a free digital watch with denim strap, a vodka miniature, a Bic-style razor and a copy of the Daily Express.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    00Agent wrote: »
    Thx for mentioning...

So? Das ist the same. Just look at their website.

The best part about their website is the 'erotik' category at the top. Makes them seem super legit.

Totally. :-?
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    I give DC a 10% chance of returning.

Like many fans of his, I will be in ruins at the fade out of NTTD. I will need tissues handy.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Craig confirms NTTD is his last one and shoots down the whole directing B26 rumour
    https://www.express.de/news/promi-und-show/daniel-craig-spricht-klartext--james-bond-muss-in-zukunft-ein-anderer-machen--33480522

H/T @JamesBondde
    The chapter Bond is really finished for you?
    Daniel Craig: Yes! In the future someone else has to do it!

Are you interested in directing yourself?
    Daniel Craig : For God's sake, no! I want to come home, eat something and then go to bed. If you're a director, then at night you're still with the producers, screenwriters, and what do I know on the phone. And then after two hours of sleep, you have to go back up to the set. No thanks!
    No Daniel (if that is you): you can go and play polo on the other side of the world ;)
    Craig may be done at the moment. But I don’t think Barbara is done trying to convince him to stay.
  • TripAces wrote: »

Like many fans of his, I will be in ruins at the fade out of NTTD. I will need tissues handy.

Agreed! As much as I'm dying to see NTTD, I'm also rather dreading it, because it will be the end of an era, with an actor I absolutely love.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    TripAces wrote: »

Agreed! As much as I'm dying to see NTTD, I'm also rather dreading it, because it will be the end of an era, with an actor I absolutely love.

No time for that.
    Time for a NSNA remake.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Getafix wrote: »
    Time for a NSNA remake.

And the courtroom drama surrounding that project as a sidequell? :D
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited November 2019 Posts: 5,835
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Time for a NSNA remake.

I actually would be up for seeing a television show/series about it, if they could make it interesting enough for the screen :)
    Denbigh wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Time for a NSNA remake.

I actually would be up for seeing a television show/series about it, if they could make it interesting enough for the screen :)
    I don´t think it will be interesting. A producer and a lawyer walking to court each day, claiming that that day´s shooting schedule conforms to a remake of TB...

Tuck91 wrote: »
    Craig may be done at the moment. But I don’t think Barbara is done trying to convince him to stay.

I have to say I would have to agree with this notion. Personally as I have mentioned before I believe sadly that this is DC's final Bond film.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    My question is, how many times does Daniel have to say its his last before they start using that as a marketing strategy. Are they waiting for the new year so that it is not lost in the lead up to Christmas. I think this film has potential to be the most successful film in the series if they highlight certain elements. Its release date is also well positioned.
    I've said before regardless of the quality I believe NTTD marks the right time for Craig to bow out. For me, after SP disappointed, if NTTD is a success than it is a great opportunity to go out on a high note, and if it disappoints then I think it proves it's time to move on from the era. I love Craig's Bond and his first 3 films a LOT, and I'm extremely excited for NTTD, but I do think the page should be turned after this one. Craig's also not getting any younger, and the gaps between films have been rough a couple times in his tenure. 5 films is a great total amount.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I'd rather see him bow out a bit too early than too late.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    My question is, how many times does Daniel have to say its his last before they start using that as a marketing strategy. Are they waiting for the new year so that it is not lost in the lead up to Christmas. I think this film has potential to be the most successful film in the series if they highlight certain elements. Its release date is also well positioned.

It would be the first time EON would market a Bond film being an actor's last. Connery made it clear in interviews during YOLT, but the marketing reflected none of that. Moore didn't officially announce his retirement until December 1985, months after AVTAK was released. Dalton and Brosnan didn't intend for LTK and DAD to be their last films so that never came about.

I think EON will not highlight this being Craig's last, probably because Barbara Broccoli wants to keep the door open for him rather than definitively market this as his last.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Craig confirms NTTD is his last one and shoots down the whole directing B26 rumour
    https://www.express.de/news/promi-und-show/daniel-craig-spricht-klartext--james-bond-muss-in-zukunft-ein-anderer-machen--33480522

H/T @JamesBondde
    The chapter Bond is really finished for you?
    Daniel Craig: Yes! In the future someone else has to do it!

Are you interested in directing yourself?
    Daniel Craig : For God's sake, no! I want to come home, eat something and then go to bed. If you're a director, then at night you're still with the producers, screenwriters, and what do I know on the phone. And then after two hours of sleep, you have to go back up to the set. No thanks!

nice actual news to talk about.
    Craig might be back if they get moving in a year and NTTD makes big money/well recieved.

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    I think Craig's position in the franchise may also have an effect on these rumoured three endings that Cary is apparently deciding between. I know it was mentioned that the decision was up to Cary, but it could still depend on Craig as well.
    It won’t be bond driving off with Madeline as we got that in Spectre.

Bond likely won’t be with Madeline at the end again

It might be the dark knight rises ending where he’s presumed dead.

Will bond feature in any snow action or winter conditions that we know of ?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Craig might be back if they get moving in a year and NTTD makes big money/well recieved.

No way. He’ll want a long break again like he did last time.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    We should also acknowledge the possibility that Craig could be denying returning to B26 to preserve a potential surprise in NTTD. After all, Waltz totally wasn't Blofeld, he was just a guy named Franz Oberhauser right?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited November 2019 Posts: 5,835
    It's a difficult subject because this is probably the first time in the franchise that we've been able to track the end of someones run as James Bond to this extent, so we have no idea how it will be handled, and I think it's always gonna seem like he's going to come back because until they cast a new James Bond, anything can happen.
    If Craig is done I cant see eon looking around until 2021 at the earliest for a replacement. I highly doubt we’ll see bond 26 any earlier than 2024
    If Craig is done I cant see eon looking around until 2021 at the earliest for a replacement. I highly doubt we’ll see bond 26 any earlier than 2024

The bitter pessimism this current gap has brought me makes me feel more like it could be 2027 . Just in time for the 65th anniversary.

Actually I think everything will be up in the air after NTTD. Maybe we'll get one in 2022? Or maybe a full decade later?

I feel like Barbara and Michael these days are just planning them one film at a time, and whenever they get around to it. No set schedule.
  • ToTheRight wrote: »

The bitter pessimism this current gap has brought me makes me feel more like it could be 2027 . Just in time for the 65th anniversary.

Actually I think everything will be up in the air after NTTD. Maybe we'll get one in 2022? Or maybe a full decade later?

I feel like Barbara and Michael these days are just planning them one film at a time, and whenever they get around to it. No set schedule.

I’ve defended eon throughout this production, but a 7 year gap would cause me to lose all confidence.
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »

I’ve defended eon throughout this production, but a 7 year gap would cause me to lose all confidence.

Exaggerating slightly, of course, but this current gap does make me feel Eon is in no rush to get the films out on any type of regular schedule again.

Unless Universal and MGM have plans and ideas set for the future I think things will be up in the air for quite awhile. I imagine it could take even longer this time considering a recast and reconsideration of approach to the character.
  • I know. It’s just that this isn’t high drama.. people want more bond films and don’t care as much about quality.