No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Walecs wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »

And yet they decided to reveal it in a very anticlimatic way in August instead of doing it at the Jamaica conference (or whatever it was)?

Yeah, sure. More like they had a list of titles but they couldn't decide on which one they would use so they just registered all of them and eventually chose NTTD.

According to the US Copyright Database 'No Time To Die' (#513) was registered on 1 August, 2018.
    https://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/doctitles.cgi?V9964D366

However, it wasn't Trademarked until 20 August, 2019.
    tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=doc&state=4803:73enth.2.2
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    I wonder if bond kills Oberhauser

Hopefully
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    boldfinger wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    I’m surprised they did the nomi as 007 angle after Oberhauser stepbrother

What is the correlation between the two things?
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    It's like a job title. Obviously it's going to be given to someone else when he retires.

It's not that obvious since Fleming's books actally imply that a new agent always gets a number that no agent has ever used.
    Plus, in Fleming´s novels, IRRC there were only three or four 00 agents in total.

I’m surprised they did the nomi as 007 angle after Oberhauser stepbrother

What is the correlation between the two things?
    It's like a job title. Obviously it's going to be given to someone else when he retires.

It's not that obvious since Fleming's books actally imply that a new agent always gets a number that no agent has ever used.

I think the ‘sticking to the exact word of Fleming’ ship sailed in 1962. Probably around the second James Bond was shown to work for MI7 :D
    Recent Bond films made a point of going back to Fleming, in fact they tried to put elements on screen that weren´t part of film Bond but were akin to literary Bond.

Like him living in a house called Skyfall or growing up with Blofeld as his brother? :D
    You have not found proof that it’s impossible they’d give anyone else the 007 number, no :)
    As if that had been my intention.

If it wasn’t then I can’t see any point in your post :)
    You shouldn´t smile then as if you were happy. I was commenting a post I qoted, adding a thought corroborating what the poster whom I reacted to argued.

Why always so negative?
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Just realized all of Craigs films have had car chases. Its like Craig insists he must have at least 1 in his films.

I think we would indeed need three of them in NTTD to forget the lame one from SP...
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Red_Snow wrote: »

And yet they decided to reveal it in a very anticlimatic way in August instead of doing it at the Jamaica conference (or whatever it was)?

Yeah, sure. More like they had a list of titles but they couldn't decide on which one they would use so they just registered all of them and eventually chose NTTD.

Yeah it'd be interesting to see how many other Bond titles are in that list of 6,000 that MGM registered. Anyone got any free time? :)
    You all think Waltz will have a better performance as Blofeld this time than in SP?

Yeah. The bar is pretty low. I’d say there’s a good chance they underplay the hated foster brother angle and give him better, more interesting content this time around. Interested in what his fate ends up being in addition to the rest of the story.
  • quantum_boyquantum_boy London
    edited November 2019 Posts: 15
    Yeah it'd be interesting to see how many other Bond titles are in that list of 6,000 that MGM registered. Anyone got any free time? :)[/quote]

Interestingly, every current Bond title from Dr. No - Skyfall is listed in there as well :-? Although, curiously, SPECTRE isn't in there.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    I loved that SP car chase.

The worst was in QOS, that was utter nonsense.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    I’ll play Devil’s Advocado and say all of Craig’s car chases have been good.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited November 2019 Posts: 14,941

Interestingly, every current Bond title from Dr. No - Skyfall is listed in there as well :-? Although, curiously, SPECTRE isn't in there.

The article said they'd reregistered a load of old titles to keep them ticking over so I guess that makes sense. Spectre is weird though: they fully own all of that now, don't they?

Where do you find the list, out of interest?
    FoxRox wrote: »
    You all think Waltz will have a better performance as Blofeld this time than in SP?

Yeah. The bar is pretty low. I’d say there’s a good chance they underplay the hated foster brother angle and give him better, more interesting content this time around. Interested in what his fate ends up being in addition to the rest of the story.

I think they might do like in old USSR and ignore completely the "foster brother" angle. They don't need it in any case to keep either Bond or Blofeld motivated or to explain their antagonism.
    I felt the foster brother angle was so undercooked in SP that they could have ADR’d out the references and it would have made little difference. By NTTD they could ignore it altogether as there would be enough conflict due to the events of CR and forward. Blofeld would have beef on Bond less because if their childhood and more due to the fact Bond destabilized SPECTRE operations.
    We know there’s a car chase in matera and Norway possibly Cuba
    Good point; there's always something for them to complain about.

What were the complaints about Dark Fate?

Basically they didn't like the feminism featured in the film, that the men were "emasculated" and so on. That kind of silly nonsense.

I also suspect that it's also because there were also more women heroes in the cast than there used to be in past Terminator films (three women, and one man who's really a cyborg). Contrast that to a few months ago when they were championing ALITA, which happened to only have one female role and a lot of men who basically guide her to becoming a hero.

If I have anything critical to say about the film, I do think the feminist themes in DARK FATE were a little more hamfisted than in previous Cameron productions. Otherwise, it's a pretty decent film, but nothing really reaches the original two films.

Silly nonsense indeed. I know nothing about the Terminator franchise personally, so I've been unaware of the reactions to the film.
    Ahhh, you should at least see the first two. Ignore everything else after as they were all essentially cash grabs.
    Ahhh, you should at least see the first two. Ignore everything else after as they were all essentially cash grabs.

One day maybe!
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Contraband wrote: »
    Video: Stunt drivers plug new Land Rover Defender in NTTD. All three was posted on Instagram but now deleted.

v56MC4H.jpg
    JzZL1d7.jpg

That is a sweet video!!!!Why did they remove it. Gets me excited for that sequence in the film.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Those pics/videos are from the Scotland shoot.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    I think bond won't be seeing Blofeld at all (they will try to avoid another brother meet) It may be short psychological interaction with Madeline.
    jake24 wrote: »

Love it. What in the hell is the third act of this film??
  • NectouxNectoux São Paulo, Brazil

Maybe they'll finally give us a blast of a third act in the veins of Nolan's ones. Longer, twisted, tense, emotional. Like fourty minutes or more.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 3,497
    Nectoux wrote: »

Maybe they'll finally give us a blast of a third act in the veins of Nolan's ones. Longer, twisted, tense, emotional. Like fourty minutes or more.

Safin really gets into Bond's skin.

Maybe he'll get his SUV deep into the mud as well.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited November 2019 Posts: 4,343
    FoxRox wrote: »

Given the script they gave him, Waltz was pretty good in SP. Without him and his subtle, creepy acting abilities Blofeld would've been a total disaster. BTW I think Blofeld would feature quite briefly in NTTD. A couple of scenes in his prison, I suppose. Given the kind of character they portrayed in SP, rotting in jail is the worst possible punishment for an envious snake like this Blofeld.
    I wonder if bond kills Oberhauser

Hopefully

If Blofeld won't pass the entire film in prison, yes, he should die.
    matt_u wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Sure, but wouldn't fell weird? Wouldn't feel forced, just as a concept? Like a step back? Like "we don't have the balls to go this way"? People will think: "Yeah, that Nomi thing didn't make sense, fortunately they changed their minds".
    I agree with you. It's not really like the Joseph Gordon-Levitt in The Dark Knight Rises thing because this is one franchise following the same character. And I do think people will see it as a cop out if she's not remaining as 007 for the next films.

Like @Denbigh said, in the end the execution is what really matters. But even if they’d be able to handle this concept in a great manner, going this route it will always seem (at least to me, but I feel a lot of people would agree) like throwing a bone to all the “black Bond, female Bond” narrative. It’s good for the franchise to reflect times, like it always did, it’s good to be ahead of the curve, but as a fan I’m worried about how natural and seamless within the narrative those strong choices will feel.
    As natural as Bond and Blofeld being foster brothers.

I would have been very accepting of the foster brother angle if they actually did something interesting with it that made the film richer. As it is, it feels more like an afterthought that could have easily been scrapped.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 3,497
    I would have been very accepting of the foster brother angle if they actually did something interesting with it that made the film richer. As it is, it feels more like an afterthought that could have easily been scrapped.

Never it was going to be acceptable.

He was the author of our pain of having to watch all of that. It's not the only problem with SP (editing, music, Waltz his performance), but the biggest.
    Well, that was just my opinion.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I agree with @MakeshiftPython, like I explained a couple of pages ago, just because it didn’t work this time, doesn’t mean it wouldn’t have at all all if a few things were done/handled differently.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

I agree, to an extent. I once threw out the idea (based on what M and Bond have suggested) that Bond's recruitment into MI6 was not an accident and was determined when he was very young, likely due to his connection to Oberhauser. In that scenario, the two were destined to cross paths again.

I don't think of opinions as disposable pleasures ;-)