No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited November 2019 Posts: 3,157
    Minion wrote: »
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    Walecs wrote: »

*User criticizes Skyfall or SPECTRE* > *TripAces dismisses it as unfair criticism with no arguments*

*User shows appreciation to Arnold* > TripAces dismisses it as unfair appreciation with no arguments*

We're so lucky we have the truthful and infallible TripAces on our boards and I'm glad for that.
    Preach.

Nothing to preach.

Do we need to see SF & SP criticism in EVERY thread I ask thee?

Or about any other Bondmovie?

Here here. It's getting obnoxious at this point. I get they're just trolling, but seriously...

I don't like trolling, but when people are talking as if they were full retards like TripAces and FrankXavier do you can hardly keep an adult conversation and you may as well troll.
    Contraband wrote: »
    Michael and Babs at the wrap party:

“Promises to be the best Bond ever.”

I know it’s just words, but all the same - hype!
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    FoxRox wrote: »

Better than nothing at all.

That's a bit cynical.

• Minion wrote: »

Here here. It's getting obnoxious at this point. I get they're just trolling, but seriously...
    Okay, that's it. If you're gonna accuse me of trolling, at least you need to present proof. Ditto @Walecs for calling me a retard.

Because all I'm seeing is you're a fan of SP so you need to accuse anyone saying anything remotely negative as trolling. A lot of posters here criticize SP so you'd have to accuse all of them of trolling. Also, Brosnan's movies are trashed here all the time and that seems to be fair game.

I defended David Arnold from TripAces traditional, long-standing mockery of his lack of work which is evidently irrelevant to the point in question which is his ability to provide a good Bond score, and also just plain mean.

I've never insulted anyone here. So you're gonna have to work hard for that accusation to hold any weight.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Guys, if you feel this discussion has to be continued then please, take it to PMs. Stop polluting this thread with back and forth namecalling. Thanks.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Michael looks good and healthy :)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Lovely building. "Best Bond ever" sounds all right.

Well yes they couldn't promise the opposite but it's nice to hear all the same.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    Getafix wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Unless he is busted out of jail ala Sanchez in LTK.

Mind you ,that will make the British look useless again,i think we've had enough of that with SF and SP.

Is there a Bond film where MI6 is made to look more incompetent than in SF? If so let me know. They're all a bunch of hopeless amateurs in that movie

Well Bond is famously almost completely ineffectual in Goldfinger! :)

How about TLD?

They get Koskov out but can't see past his charade. Then they lose him again, in one of their safehouses no less. Meanwhile, they're studying exploding teddy bears and Bond gets a man killed at the Prater Café in one of the most peaceful places on the globe. Lastly, Bond joins forces with the people who will eventually target the Twin Towers.

Arf! Don't forget that they get an agent killed on a training mission, and Bond is scared by a monkey! :)
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Let's get Cliff Martinez to score this thing :P Love his stuff.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Lovely building. "Best Bond ever" sounds all right.

I guess sort of appropriately it played the MI5 building in 'Spooks'! :) (Or 'MI5' if you're in the US)
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Getafix wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Unless he is busted out of jail ala Sanchez in LTK.

Mind you ,that will make the British look useless again,i think we've had enough of that with SF and SP.

Is there a Bond film where MI6 is made to look more incompetent than in SF? If so let me know. They're all a bunch of hopeless amateurs in that movie

Well Bond is famously almost completely ineffectual in Goldfinger! :)

How about TLD?

They get Koskov out but can't see past his charade. Then they lose him again, in one of their safehouses no less. Meanwhile, they're studying exploding teddy bears and Bond gets a man killed at the Prater Café in one of the most peaceful places on the globe. Lastly, Bond joins forces with the people who will eventually target the Twin Towers.

Arf! Don't forget that they get an agent killed on a training mission, and Bond is scared by a monkey! :)

That's what makes Dalton bond more human ;)
    ColonelSun wrote: »

That's a bit cynical.

What do you mean? I’m excited by Wilson’s words!

That's a bit cynical.

Well, I miss-read u. I am pumped too.

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Barbara looks a bit on edge to start, but quickly warms to Michael's words and seems outright... thrilled.

I expect the two of them and their team did some good stuff.

Will have to watch this later!

"We've got a fantastic picture."

Sounds very promising :)
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    edited November 2019 Posts: 2,535
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    As expected. Four months in advance sounds about right.
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 3,164
    The wording makes one wonder if they'll do two trailers in December/for SW - one US, one international. Been a good while since a major major blockbuster had something like that, usually they try have one global trailer to avoid too much footage in one go (though Skyfall did go down the dom/intl split route)

And further possible evidence that the current teaser that's been ready since September and most of the crew has seen, it seems, has been scrapped..
    No teaser trailer this time it seems

Why
    Tuck91 wrote: »

Why

Aside from any specific reasons that may be tough to speculate on because, it appears, it was basically all ready to go for James Bond Day or around then, alongside the poster...teasery teaser trailers are waning out a bit as a trend, with the notable exception of Nolan (because duh), Star Wars and Disney's live action properties. Most major studio films prefer to have more substantial first looks out for their films today, that work better for online consumption. Teasers usually tend to work better for the big screen (which is why Nolan wants WB to keep the Tenet one, as it's so minimal footage wise, offline).
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited November 2019 Posts: 1,165
    Tuck91 wrote: »

Why
    Marketing

I don't like it either, but as Jinx might say, that's the... thrust of it.
    At least we’ll have more substantial footage for our first trailer. Only a little over a month to go! My hype for this film has been steadily building after a bad lull amidst the troubles of the production.
  • Wouldnt the trailer coming next month be a teaser trailer still? :-/ and the full first theatrical trailer in mid February or so?
    Wouldnt the trailer coming next month be a teaser trailer still? :-/ and the full first theatrical trailer in mid February or so?

They could sure still call it a teaser but at 4 months before release it’s unlikely to be as sparse/minimal footage/tease-y as the SP and SF ones were. At least something more like the QoS one, if not basically like a theatrical trailer, setting up the plot and general premise. And then yes trailer 2 early/mid Feb.
  • Well at least we know not to expect anything this month.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Good. I believe we're in for something special with this one, I was already in the mood for a December trailer release.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed

That's a bit cynical.

But they always say that...? Just like all the Bond girls/women/ladies say "I'm a new kind of Bond girl/woman"