No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• edited October 2019 Posts: 1,680
    Skyfall by Adele has 372 million views on YouTube. . Wow
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Thanks for the info @AKillToAView
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Possible behind the scenes of filming in Bari, Italy.

• Are we sure that's for NTTD?
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 11,425
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Unless he is busted out of jail ala Sanchez in LTK.

Mind you ,that will make the British look useless again,i think we've had enough of that with SF and SP.

Is there a Bond film where MI6 is made to look more incompetent than in SF? If so let me know. They're all a bunch of hopeless amateurs in that movie
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Are we sure that's for NTTD?

Well the shooting location is like 45 minutes by car from Matera...

Here's the place:

152538659-38c4d56e-55c5-4e4f-9315-5530a2a3ebeb.jpg
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited October 2019 Posts: 14,957
    Getafix wrote: »

Mind you ,that will make the British look useless again,i think we've had enough of that with SF and SP.

Is there a Bond film where MI6 is made to look more incompetent than in SF? If so let me know. They're all a bunch of hopeless amateurs in that movie

Well Bond is famously almost completely ineffectual in Goldfinger! :)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    mtm wrote: »

Well Bond is famously almost completely ineffectual in Goldfinger! :)

How about TLD?

They get Koskov out but can't see past his charade. Then they lose him again, in one of their safehouses no less. Meanwhile, they're studying exploding teddy bears and Bond gets a man killed at the Prater Café in one of the most peaceful places on the globe. Lastly, Bond joins forces with the people who will eventually target the Twin Towers.

Just joking, of course. I don't think any of the Bonds makes these folks look incompetent to be frank, not even SF. Real life has shown that it's hard to defend yourself against sudden attacks. At the hearing, for instance, I think it's great how quickly MP and even Mallory jump into action.

Off hand, I would say the Bladen safe house attack by Necros in TLD.
    Apart from agent Green 5 who put up a good effort,the rest are all pouring out tea and not much else,too scared to even attempt to enter the building to help people.

Actually,the PTS doesn't help,with the 00's and the SAS pissing around and standing in front of a jeep coming at you at full speed and you fire a paint gun at it.

Also in TWINE where M blatantly flies into danger,getting all her agents killed,and getting herself kidnapped,putting Bond in the shit as he has to change direction in his mission to save her,putting himself more at risk !!
    In CR for not catching vesper in time
    Good points about TLD esp the Bladen safe house. What a bunch of wallies.
    Ive just seen some 'lair' prints on one of my Bond sites on FB,an artists impression,apparantly from NTTD.
    They are all convinced that Safin is
    Dr No.
    Ive just seen some 'lair' prints on one of my Bond sites on FB,an artists impression,apparantly from NTTD.
    Dr No.

What are "prints", @barryt007? Official ones, from the production?
    Univex wrote: »
    Dr No.

Apparantly so...the guy did the same re Blofelds lair in SP and got it right.He has some people he knows who worked on both films.
    He says that the lair is under the Scottish castle/mansion .
    He has 3 prints and tbh it does look like Dr No's place,Garden of Death like.
    Dr No.

Apparantly so...the guy did the same re Blofelds lair in SP and got it right.He has some people he knows who worked on both films.

Interesting. Is there any way we can also see these prints?

• edited October 2019 Posts: 19,339
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    Dr No.

I cant get them off my phone,same as my QoS Aston Martin photos,as I cant get the URL properties to post on her under a spoiler.
    Which is annoying as I would like your opinion on them - there are 4 pictures of different areas with guards etc.
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    Dr No.

I cant get them off my phone,same as my QoS Aston Martin photos,as I cant get the URL properties to post on her under a spoiler.
    Which is annoying as I would like your opinion on them - there are 4 pictures of different areas with guards etc.

U could text them to me. I can PM u my private number. Would that work?
    So what's the name this "Bond sites on FB" ?
    sure I can try ..go for it.
    Or if you are on messenger I can send to you right now.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 4,400
    I really really don’t think Dr No will return. Whilst he is an iconic character, Eon have avoided ‘rebooting’ iconic characters – and they have had mixed results when they have attempted. In fact, the list of characters who have been re-cast throughout the Bond film is very limited. I can count seven:
    1. James Bond
    2. M
    3. Q
    4. Moneypenny
    5. Tanner
    6. Felix Leiter
    7. Ernst Stavro Blofeld

What’s the point of Safin being ‘Dr No?’ I mean, aside from the lair and his prominence as the ‘first’ Bond villain – there isn’t a whole lot to Dr No. It be akin to Eon choosing to call the character of Silva something like Scaramanga. Sure there are some similarities…..but most Bond villains are all kinda the same.

The trick is to take something familiar and find a cool way of putting a great spin on it.

I think Calvin Dyson makes some very valid points in his video:

People are more likely to remember Safin and NTTD in years to come for ‘being the one where Rami Malek was the baddie.’ The name hardly matters – like, I bet money that people remember Silva and some general fans will say he’s their favourite – but they refer to him as the ‘villain played by Javier Bardem.’
    Dr No.

I mean, if this dude is posting these pictures online, you're hardly doing anything wrong to re-post them. i mean @Contraband is always doing an amazing job finding things on Twitter and Facebook.

FYI It's always good to link to the source - especially if its just something online. It stops a needless back-and-forth.

I'll PM u now. Cheers.

I really really don’t think Dr No will return. Whilst he is an iconic character, Eon have avoided ‘rebooting’ iconic characters – and they have had mixed results when they have attempted. In fact, the list of characters who have been re-cast throughout the Bond film is very limited. I can count seven:
    1. James Bond
    2. M
    3. Q
    4. Moneypenny
    5. Tanner
    6. Felix Leiter
    7. Ernst Stavro Blofeld

What’s the point of Safin being ‘Dr No?’ I mean, aside from the lair and his prominence as the ‘first’ Bond villain – there isn’t a whole lot to Dr No. It be akin to Eon choosing to call the character of Silva something like Scaramanga. Sure there are some similarities…..but most Bond villains are all kinda the same.

The trick is to take something familiar and find a cool way of putting a great spin on it.

People are more likely to remember Safin and NTTD in years to come for ‘being the one where Rami Malek was the baddie.’ The name hardly matters – like, I bet money that people remember Silva and some general fans will say he’s their favourite – but they refer to him as the ‘villain played by Javier Bardem.’

That's why I hope im wrong about these prints,i really don't want this to be about Dr No.
    Maybe @ColonelSun can figure it out,im sending them to him in a minute.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited October 2019 Posts: 3,157

I couldn't agree more.

Would you be able to send them to me as well?
    OK I have sent the 4 prints to 2 members ,don't want to send them too many members in case I end up in the shite.
    OK I have sent the 4 prints to 2 members ,don't want to send them too many members in case I end up in the shite.

Makes Sense
    1. James Bond
    2. M
    3. Q
    4. Moneypenny
    5. Tanner
    6. Felix Leiter
    7. Ernst Stavro Blofeld

That's why I hope im wrong about these prints,i really don't want this to be about Dr No.

I would think as they are concept art and hopefully be put behind a spoiler wall it would be allowed in this thread.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

giphy.gif

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    1. James Bond
    2. M
    3. Q
    4. Moneypenny
    5. Tanner
    6. Felix Leiter
    7. Ernst Stavro Blofeld

I would think as they are concept art and hopefully be put behind a spoiler wall it would be allowed in this thread.

I think they should be posted.

But is this someone who we can trust or someone who thinks he'll be Dr No because there have been rumours?
    Actually i have texted them to only 1 member at the moment, @ColonelSun ,as i said,atm i will only text them to members i know well and can trust,as i dont want EON,Craig or anytone else busting my balls
    I'm sure the Colonel will give his opinion later,but from what he has told me ,he is VERY impressed and thinks they are genuine.

As i said, this guy did the same with Blofeld's lair in SP and got it spot on.