No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• edited October 2019 Posts: 14,822
    I'm surprised we haven't even seen a glimpse of Malek in character (as far as I know). Except that one thing in Norway with the mask. Nothing else. If they want to keep their villain mysterious, they succeeded. We don't know his name, have little if any knowledge of his appearance, we got close to zilch about his motivations.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Contraband wrote: »
    New stills:

Norway

h1KlAtD.jpg
    c8KkkgW.jpg
    nXn7UYY.jpg

I think this might be at Lutvann, where they shot the underwater parts for the forest/cabin sequence?

Yes it is

Nice! Haven't seen too many photos from that location. There's been more photos from Langvann in Nittedal.

Found them by pure luck. Just figured out that if some prod. member tagging x other prod members in a instagrampost, click on those members and voila; more pics from the shoot.

Did just that with make-up department and found several related but no one any good really. Only one when Lashana can bee seen in the background in the make-up room although didn't save it.

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    New stills:

Norway

h1KlAtD.jpg
    c8KkkgW.jpg
    nXn7UYY.jpg

I think this might be at Lutvann, where they shot the underwater parts for the forest/cabin sequence?

Yes it is

Nice! Haven't seen too many photos from that location. There's been more photos from Langvann in Nittedal.

Like this one. First pic from Norway

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Good work, @Contraband Thanks for that.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    159 days until release :)
    Haven't visited this site since pre-Spectre days, but such is life. I'm incredibly excited for NTTD!
    New stills:

Norway

h1KlAtD.jpg
    c8KkkgW.jpg
    nXn7UYY.jpg

Yes it is

Found them by pure luck. Just figured out that if some prod. member tagging x other prod members in a instagrampost, click on those members and voila; more pics from the shoot.

Did just that with make-up department and found several related but no one any good really. Only one when Lashana can bee seen in the background in the make-up room although didn't save it.

Clever detective work here, @Contraband! We can only hope the same production members share even more ;-)
    New stills:

Norway

h1KlAtD.jpg
    c8KkkgW.jpg
    nXn7UYY.jpg

Yes it is

Like this one. First pic from Norway

Haven't seen this one either, though I see the post is less than a day old. She's posted another image from Langvann previously, so I guess this is taken there too.
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    I hope Thunderballs gets these! I always think of him.
  • NickThunderballsNickThunderballs Australia

Who? Me?
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom

Who? Me?

Yes!!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Just noticed this crew member, Sinead Sweeney, who is the SFX contact lens optician for No Time to Die. Do most films have a SFX contact lens optician? My guess is that they might actually be creating Waltz' scar for his scenes rather than CGI?
  • 4 years ago this night...
    Spectre Premiere. Royal Albert Hall
    ..... I remember it well !
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited October 2019 Posts: 2,630

Who? Me?

Yes!!

I thought you would’ve meant @Thunderball007

Dam. Filming flew by. I felt this filming schedule was much quicker than Spectres
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Ian Filming would have been proud.
    I suddenly have a very good feeling about Cary Fukunaga's No Time to Die. I simply cannot see this not being better than QOS and SP.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    fjdinardo wrote: »

Dam. Filming flew by. I felt this filming schedule was much quicker than Spectres
    I think Spectre took about 6 months and 3 weeks, and No TIme to Die about 5 Months and 3 Weeks
    Denbigh wrote: »

I think Spectre took about 6 months and 3 weeks, and No TIme to Die about 5 Months and 3 Weeks

But I think Spectre and Skyfall before that had a two week Christmas/New Year break.
    It it would be 6 months and 1 week.
    Hasn't hit me that was Craigs last day of filming Bond ever.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 12,265
    If Craig really is done, I wish him the best moving forward and thank him for his Bond - to me, one of the best Bonds, and a seriously tough act to follow. Hoping he got the high to go out on that he wanted with No Time to Die.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome

Ikr? And to think I was vehemently opposed to him at first... :-S
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 1,680
    I think if it hits a billion the will he won’t he do another chatter will begin and eon will go quiet again for a bit.
    I think the only time people knew that it would be the last Bond film of any actor, was in 1966, when Connery announced at a press conference, that YOLT will be his last. With Lazenby the public only became aware of it after the premiere of OHMSS, with Moore it was to be his last several times, and one day it way true. With Dalton und Brosnan no one knew that the last film would be the last. And now we don't know for sure either with Craig. So Connery in YOLT and in DAF and again in NSNA said "this is it", and he's the only one.
    JamesCraig wrote: »

Ikr? And to think I was vehemently opposed to him at first... :-S

Same. I was mad at the time Brosnan never got his 5th movie, but Craig wowed me right from the start.
  • NickThunderballsNickThunderballs Australia
    Someone please tell me, am I the only one wanting to see some proper suspense in this film?

I want to see Bond breaking into somewhere as super sleuth, cracking a safe, using his silenced PPK and just doing some proper detective work, ala the Connery and Moore eras. Any ideas on how this can come together or if we will see any of this...???
    Someone please tell me, am I the only one wanting to see some proper suspense in this film?

I want to see Bond breaking into somewhere as super sleuth, cracking a safe, using his silenced PPK and just doing some proper detective work, ala the Connery and Moore eras. Any ideas on how this can come together or if we will see any of this...???

Of course. Remember the image of Bond sneaking behind the blinds with a speargun? No idea how that will play out, but it is a great image.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited October 2019 Posts: 1,756
    Craig's outfit is a little weird in that photo. His pants are very tactical, and his suspenders seem very dressy. But his shirt is casual. Would have made more sense for him to wear a dress shirt, so maybe he was wearing tactical clothing underneath some dressier clothing. Still, pretty neat photo but I'd still prefer a modern aesthetic, but I like pre-60's callbacks.

For some reason I always wondered what a Victorian-era James Bond movie would be like.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Actually you know what would be a cool little throwback to Dr. No? ...is if they had Bond meeting Felix Leiter and Magnuessen's character (who looks a bit like Jack Lord) and going out in the Jamaican town, where they are being watched/followed by Nomi (the photographer from DN), and either she's caught and questioned then revealed to be 007 or breaks into Bond's apartment that night when he returns? I don't know haha :D
    I love that casual shirt. It is like something I would wear myself. Looks stylish and comfortable. Cotton? It is the best.
  • I predict there'll be some low key scene in NTTD with Bond and Felix discussing the nature of their work, something along the lines of chapter 20 in the CR novel, where Bond and Mathis talk, (and some of it was used in QoS). It'll be in a bar somewhere.