No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• Univex wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Remember when people said "Once we ge the title and cast, I'll be happy"?

That didn't really happen did it. :D

And it won't pass with the teaser either. It'll only fuel the naysayers, as they are looking for flaws, and we know what happens when you look hard for something you really want to see. To quote from "the boxer", "still the man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest". Same, if not even more so, for seeing.

But I'm hopeful that @NicNac is right.

Bit of a strange way to approach your favourite film franchise ain't it? I get it that we all feel the flaws of the Bond films because we're invested in them, but this is still supposed to be enjoyable right? I mean I consider myself a Bond fan. No Time to Die could potentially be the worst Bond film ever, even in my own opinion. But right now we have a new Bond film on the horizon, and I'm excited!.
    Univex wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Remember when people said "Once we ge the title and cast, I'll be happy"?

That didn't really happen did it. :D

And it won't pass with the teaser either. It'll only fuel the naysayers, as they are looking for flaws, and we know what happens when you look hard for something you really want to see. To quote from "the boxer", "still the man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest". Same, if not even more so, for seeing.

But I'm hopeful that @NicNac is right.

Bit of a strange way to approach your favourite film franchise ain't it? I get it that we all feel the flaws of the Bond films because we're invested in them, but this is still supposed to be enjoyable right? I mean I consider myself a Bond fan. No Time to Die could potentially be the worst Bond film ever, even in my own opinion. But right now we have a new Bond film on the horizon, and I'm excited!.

You sir, are absolutely correct :)

Let's hope they'll surprise us (today!, please) at some point with the teaser, so we can all rejoice or at least talk about new stuff.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    NicNac wrote: »
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    That's not up to me. ;)

No, you can call it if you want ;)

Someone's in a hurry. ;)
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    That's not up to me. ;)

Someone's in a hurry. ;)

I couldn't wait for you to make a decision. :)
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    That's not up to me. ;)

Someone's in a hurry. ;)

I couldn't wait for you to make a decision. :)

Fair enough. :-j
  • J_Bryce777J_Bryce777 San Francisco
    Why do you genius guys that are bond fans need moderators what are we monitoring free speech

You know free speech just means the government can't stop people from gathering to protest or criticize the government right. It doesn't literally mean everyone can say whatever they want.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    J_Bryce777 wrote: »
    Why do you genius guys that are bond fans need moderators what are we monitoring free speech

You know free speech just means the government can't stop people from gathering to protest or criticize the government right. It doesn't literally mean everyone can say whatever they want.

People sometimes confuse our attempts at keeping the forums visitor-friendly, productive and 'polite' with fascist, narcissistic and authoritarian behaviour.
    DarthDimi wrote: »

People sometimes confuse our attempts at keeping the forums visitor-friendly, productive and 'polite' with fascist, narcissistic and authoritarian behaviour.

Personally, I wish there would be some more authoritarian behaviour sometimes ;) Friendliness and liberalism sometimes lead to a recurrent lack of limits by some members. And this is coming from a liberal and rather friendly fella (mind you, I've lost my temper more times than I can count this past year, and have been rather rude in the face of plain disrespect and mindless repetition and attempts to provoke by others). For that I am truly sorry. I have the deepest respect for those of you who have to deal with all of this.
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    You mean all the whining about how Barbara Broccoli has to be fired and how incompetent EON is and how we need a Bond film every 2 years and how a trailer has to come fast OR ELSE isn't worthy of our time, @NicNac ? ;-)

Generalization is an art too. Summarizing nuanced arguments, which this forum sometimes thrives on, in one 'tweet' sometimes has side effects too.
    Benny wrote: »
    No, I’m not good cop, or bad cop.
    I come here because of my interest in James Bond. So I can discuss it with like minded people. We don’t like it when people are rude, or if they think they can flaunt the rules. We’re not overly harsh on anyone unless we have to be. We ask that you respect the rules of the forum. That’s all.

Agreed @Benny. And we are all learning. Though I don't always agree, I love talking about Bond and other interests on here. And I don't think that most forummembers in here deliberately flaunt the rules. So it all comes down to one simple rule really: let's not be rude, me included :-).
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    jake24 wrote: »
    Isn't Malek's Colbert interview supposed to air tomorrow?

Yes, it was filmed on Monday, airs on Wednesday.

• J_Bryce777J_Bryce777 San Francisco

Personally, I wish there would be some more authoritarian behaviour sometimes ;) Friendliness and liberalism sometimes lead to a recurrent lack of limits by some members. And this is coming from a liberal and rather friendly fella (mind you, I've lost my temper more times than I can count this past year, and have been rather rude in the face of plain disrespect and mindless repetition and attempts to provoke by others). For that I am truly sorry. I have the deepest respect for those of you who have to deal with all of this.

Would we call the Number One Blofeld?
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 6,666

Would we call the Number One Blofeld?
    Oooooo, yes, let’s. And could we get some electrified chairs ;)
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I do hope this is the calm before the storm. I thought this week would be a bit more eventful, truthfully.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Booking opens for the biggest AV opportunity of 2020 on 007 October
    https://dcm.co.uk/news/booking-opens-for-the-biggest-av-opportunity-of-2020-on-007-october
    Well to be honest I am not concerned about the zero sightings of Malek on NTTD. As to put some context into it to consider? We only learned of Christoph Waltz's return by pure accident, and that was only once.

Clearly this is a hugely studio based film where the main villains are concerned. So I am just going to wait and see like we all have too. Still hoping for a poster and trailer though this week?!!!!! [-O< :))
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    https://dcm.co.uk/news/booking-opens-for-the-biggest-av-opportunity-of-2020-on-007-october

Can I ask what this is?
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    I am not concerned about the zero sightings of Malek on NTTD (...) Clearly this is a hugely studio based film where the main villains are concerned.
    He was in London for only a little more than a week where they filmed all his scenes. Could be different parts of the set.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Can I ask what this is?

In the UK, DCM is the main vendor for cinema adverts that play before the film.

So selling advert slots before the film plays.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Don't think we have seen these before?

Remember all pics with Lashana, Lea, Cary on that unknown italian stony beach-location. Today I got these pics from one of my followers plus text. Don't know if that is Craig with them, stunt-double or just someone stearing the rib boat, which by the way I suggested the other day Lashana was suited for.

The italian location is the beach known as #santavenerehotel in Maratea ( Basilicata, Italia) #Maratea

mqJ1MG4.jpg
    vH2G1hc.jpg
    KSi1JJ3.jpg
    Interesting, @Contraband! What's up with the Photoshop editing in these photos?

Don't know. Think it's just bad quality. Here's the tweet:

Bond, Lynch, Swann and that child in the RIB?
    Contraband wrote: »

His only tweet also. Joined TW today. Hmm.. But pics looks legit even if it's bad quality

• edited October 2019 Posts: 17,241

I think there's a oil painting effect applied for some reason. Like this one (admittedly a bad example):

turn-your-photo-into-painting-in-photoshop-cs6.jpg

Could be to soften pixelation of course.

I think there's a oil painting effect applied for some reason. Like this one:

Could be. But that doesn't mean pics are fake. You can clearly see Lea (same clothes, her blonde hair) and a black head.

Trying to get him to answer me, wanna know where he got them from, his source.

Could be. But that doesn't mean pics are fake. You can clearly see Lea (same clothes, her blonde hair) and a black head.

No, of course. I just wondered about the effect, that's all. ;-)

This should be the location. Look at the stones, cliffs in the water.

https://goo.gl/maps/YU54mSvPEFi1SRFb7

Norwegian bastard!! All together now: We hate Oslo!! We hate Oslo!!

LOL

This should be the location. Look at the stones, cliffs in the water.

https://goo.gl/maps/YU54mSvPEFi1SRFb7

Certainly looks like this might be where the photos are taken. Shame you don't see more of the surroundings in the three pics though. Since they're taken from a distance, the original photos might have been cropped.

Norwegian bastard!! All together now: We hate Oslo!! We hate Oslo!!

LOL

I don't live anywhere near Oslo, so you can hate on Oslo all you want! :))
  • RC7RC7
    Looks legit to me @Contraband 👍