The 'Just the facts' useless Bond trivia Compilation

14567810»

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    thedove wrote: »
    Hadn't thought of the snow angle before. Does this mean all of Daniel's Bond feature snow? I am not sure about SF I guess there was snow when he was running towards the church?

If that's the case is he the first Bond to feature snow but no skiing?

TLD.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Hadn't thought of the snow angle before. Does this mean all of Daniel's Bond feature snow? I am not sure about SF I guess there was snow when he was running towards the church?

TLD.
    Cello case sledding is just as good.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland

There was snow in at least one of the Connery movies: The norway shot in the PTS of YOLT
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Let me re-phrase is DC the first Bond to have scenes of him in the snow without any skis or cello cases? LOL!
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 17,241
    Let me re-phrase is DC the first Bond to have scenes of him in the snow without any skis or cello cases? LOL!

The great Roger Moore in FYEO. He did have skis on at some point in those sequences though.

…and Pierce Brosnan in GE and TND.
    Oh never mind! LOL!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Is SP the first Bond film in which Bond, drives a car, flies a plane, drives a boat and flies a helicopter?
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Benny wrote: »
    Is SP the first Bond film in which Bond, drives a car, flies a plane, drives a boat and flies a helicopter?

I think you're right! And TND is the only one where is drives or is transported in each of the above, and add bike to the mix
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    In fact it took Bond until 1995 to ride a motorbike at all. (if we exclude NSNA). He can't seem to stay away from them since.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 19,339
    Dan doesn't like skiing,he was supposed to in SP but didn't want to,his injury didn't help.
    I cant say I blame him,i damaged knee ligaments in Austria skiing,it put me off for life.
    cwl007 wrote: »
    In fact it took Bond until 1995 to ride a motorbike at all. (if we exclude NSNA). He can't seem to stay away from them since.

At least if we don't count the strange three wheelers in DAF...
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    Nah don't count them. If I rocked up to a biker meet on one of them I'd get laughed home again.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    cwl007 wrote: »
    Nah don't count them. If I rocked up to a biker meet on one of them I'd get laughed home again.
    Again? :-B
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    😂 good spot.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    It was during my DAF appreciation phase!!
    During production of TLD, Maibaum said that RISICO would probably be the next Bond film. As we know they still haven t gotten around to using that title, and large parts of the plot had already been used in FYEO, but one thing they kept was the drug smuggling angle.
    Roger Moore s son Christian was an assistant for Martin Campbell during production of GE.
    edited April 2020 Posts: 4,378
    Roger Moore s son Christian was an assistant for Martin Campbell during production of GE.

He maybe met Brosnan's son there… If I understood it right, Brosnan said this Sunday that his son had also a job there back in '95.
    GOLDENEYE was the first Bond film to have a dedication, namely to Derek Meddings. The next one, TND, was of course dedicated to Albert R. Broccoli.

I believe NTTD will be dedicated to Roger Moore.
    I would love such a dedication.
    Didn't TWINE get dedicated to Desmond? Or am I mixing up the tribute to him on the DVD. :)
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I just learned the bar Bond goes to in the Goldfinger PTS (after blowing up the drug facility) is called El Scorpio; I wonder if the bar Bond goes to after "dying" in Skyfall and the scorpion drinking game is a little nod to this.
    Didn't TWINE get dedicated to Desmond? Or am I mixing up the tribute to him on the DVD. :)

I'm pretty sure it isn't. But, yes, there is a tribute on one of the DVDs.
    Duran Duran were invited back for TND.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

Did they write something for it that was rejected?

Did they write something for it that was rejected?

I don t know. EON invited a bunch of bands and artists that year, separately, as a competition of sorts, but the distributor wanted Sheryl Crow and had the final word.
  • ProfJoeButcherProfJoeButcher Bless your heart

Whoa! That's very odd. Of course in 1997, Duran Duran had a very different lineup and sounded nothing like they did in 1985. This song eventually became "Last Day on Earth" from their 2000 album.

TND is odd with the theme songs. It seems loads of groups were offered to apply, as that film has way more rejected themes than any other.
    Guy Hamilton and Kevin McClory worked together long before Bond, and shared a flat at one point.