The 'Just the facts' useless Bond trivia Compilation

Comments

barryt007 wrote: »
    No,they didn't share the screen in TLD.

At the very end, in the concert venue.

Was the minister there ?
    Blimey,shows the last time I watched that film - thanks Thundy !

Not really sure after all. Maybe it s just M and Gogol.

I think it is just the two.
    It doesn't make sense to have Freddie Gray there,Gogol and M were opposite numbers before.

I had to check on Youtube. You are right.

Well at least that clears it up.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Barbara Broccoli was the voice of Max the parrot.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Barbara Broccoli was the voice of Max the parrot.

Can this be verified! :)
    ATAC TO ST CYRILS !!!

*BANG*

Stupid f*****g bird.

S04GqUC.jpg
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    edited August 2019 Posts: 2,252
    Something I didn't realise until the last few years. Max is Diana Riggs bird
    How's this for a useless bit of trivia.

TWINE has the longest PTS. (everyone should know that!) It also has something else that is the longest. Any guesses?

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Longest Painface scene.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    Longest real life name of any woman to appear in the basket of a hot air balloon?
    Longest boring stretches.
    Longest boring stretches.

Tut tut...easy now.... [-X >:/
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Longest thing that is big and black.
    Too funny! I just re-watched it last night and found myself really enjoying it.

I believe it's the longest delivery of "Bond...……...James Bond" in the series. He says Bond at the bottom of the lift, shoots out the brakes elevator climbs and then he delivers James Bond.

That's what I liked about TWINE it was trying to deliver something different.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    thedove wrote: »
    I believe it's the longest delivery of "Bond...……...James Bond" in the series. He says Bond at the bottom of the lift, shoots out the brakes elevator climbs and then he delivers James Bond.
    Probably the best thing about the entire movie. Which ain't much.
    Too funny! I just re-watched it last night and found myself really enjoying it.

That's what I liked about TWINE it was trying to deliver something different.

Well said x I love the film.
    After dating Bond, Melina went on to date Obelix.
    actor-gerard-depardieu-actress-wife-600w-98740244.jpg
    All of the Connery movies end with Bond and the main girl on or in water. All except for one.

DN on a boat with Honey
    FRWL on a gondola with Romanov
    GF on land with Pussy
    TB on a raft with Domino
    YOLT on a raft with Kissy
    DAF on a cruise ship with Tiffany

Unofficial Bond Movie

NSNA in a swimming pool with Domino

Make of this what you will! LOL!
    Bill Conti originally wanted Donna Summer for the title track.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    All of the Connery movies end with Bond and the main girl on or in water. All except for one.

DN on a boat with Honey
    FRWL on a gondola with Romanov
    GF on land with Pussy
    TB on a raft with Domino
    YOLT on a raft with Kissy
    DAF on a cruise ship with Tiffany

Unofficial Bond Movie

NSNA in a swimming pool with Domino

Make of this what you will! LOL!
    At least there is water in the background (a lake or a river?) when Bond and Pussy are kissing in GF.
    Roger Moore movies ended with Bond and girl on a ship/boat four times and once in a (space)ship and once under the shower. Only the LALD ending is without water or a “ship“.
    Bond ends in or on the water in two more: LTK and TND.
    A few other movies end at least in a place next to the water (like DAD, OHMSS, CR...)
    And we have only one movie with snow in the end...
    Interesting! I wonder if there is meant to be some symbolism in that? Or whether it's just a coincidence that all these movies have water at the end?

So the complete list would be this...

DN with Honey in a boat
    FRWL with Romanov in a gondola
    GF with Pussy on an island (with water seen in the long shots)
    TB with Domino in a raft
    YOLT with Kissy in a raft
    DAF with Tiffany on a cruise ship
    TMWTGG with Goodnight on a junk ship
    TSWLM with Anya in an escape pod
    FYEO with Melina on her family ship
    OP with Octopussy on her ship
    AVTAK with Stacey in the shower
    LTK with Pam in a pool
    TND with Lin on the wreckage of the stealth ship
    DAD with Jinx in a house by the water

Looks like Lazenby and Craig are the only Bonds who haven't ended their movies with a girl on or near the water?
    In OHMSS you do have the girl and the sea . And CR ends at a lake with White. But it is appropriate that you don't add them to your list.
    SF and SP are the only two with an ending in London.
    The first draft of OP had the working title BACKGROUND.

Blofeld was brought back and was at war with Octopussy and her diamond smugglers.

M gets killed and replaced by Blofeld s mole Villiers to gain control over the intelligence community. Moneypenny gets fired.

Looks like the Mendes films finally used some of these ideas from Maibaum and Wilson.
    Ken Norris, who played Colonel Toro in OP, was Roger Moore s stuntman on The Saint.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

Blofeld was brought back and was at war with Octopussy and her diamond smugglers.

M gets killed and replaced by Blofeld s mole Villiers to gain control over the intelligence community. Moneypenny gets fired.

Looks like the Mendes films finally used some of these ideas from Maibaum and Wilson.

What's the source on this @Thunderfinger ?
    As you may know, I'm something of an Octopussy fan. Always love learning new info concerning OO7's 13th outing.
    Benny wrote: »

What's the source on this @Thunderfinger ?
    As you may know, I'm something of an Octopussy fan. Always love learning new info concerning OO7's 13th outing.

Read it in THE BIG BOOK ON BOND (Norwegian ) by M. Sagen and M. Steingrimsen. They reference a long, long list of sources, but not specifically what they have from where.
    Largo s yacht in NSNA was lent out by Adnan Khashoggi. Sice then it has had several owners, including Donald Trump.
    Probably playing world domination
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    The characters of Gogol and Minister of Defense Fredrick Grey appear in the same movies. TSWLM, MR, FYEO, OP, AVTAK, TLD. I believe that they only share the screen in the last three. Or did they not share the screen in TLD?

Controversial opinion? Frederick Gray should have been the new M following Bernard Lee's death. Always loved Gray. He always hit the right level of exasperation.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    w2bond wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    FRWL, TMWTGG and TLD are the only two films that keep Bond completely dry.

I like this one. I wrote a little “essay“ about the connectuon between Bond and water in the films, but didn't think about this fact.
    I like the fact that Bondfilms usually don't contain scenes with rain, except for the Craig movies (it rains in every Craig film). First time you see rain in a Bondfilm was in OHMSS in Berne. Second time was in MR during a phone call of General Gogol.

Interesting. Didn't know that about MR. Is it actually raining in OHMSS, or has it stopped?

It's a bit strange: First, you see the car with Bond, Tracy and Draco passing the “Bärengraben“ (bears) and driving over the bridge: no rain, quite nice weather. Then they arrive at Gumbolds place: it really rains a bit when the car is stopping (windscreen wipers are moving) . It seems that the rain stops at this moment, because noone around has an umbrella or wears a hood (sorry for the bad sentence). The distance between the Bärengraben and Gumbolds office would be around 3 minutes by car...the changing weather wouldn't be possible in reality, but in the film (where we don't know the duration of the car drive) it is possible of course.

I wish this never happened in OHMSS. Because then I could confidently claim that rain is unique to the Craig films
    I think that some of you know this already but for a swiss bond fan it is very confusing: The second time you see the train from the outside in CR, they pass a little train station. The sign is: “Chur Ost“, which is strange. A) Chur is a city in Switzerland and not in Montenegro and B) Chur doesn't have a trainstation named with Chur Ost (“ost“ means “east“)

Other trivia: The story arc of the two connected movies CR and QOS starts with snow (in Prague) and ends with snow (in Russia).
    edited September 2019 Posts: 4,958
    Hadn't thought of the snow angle before. Does this mean all of Daniel's Bond feature snow? I am not sure about SF I guess there was snow when he was running towards the church?

If that's the case is he the first Bond to feature snow but no skiing?