EON's 'The Rhythm Section' (2020)

Comments

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited September 2019 Posts: 2,494
    ‘The Rhythm Section’ Trailer Shows Blake Lively As A Ruthless Vigilante
    https://bustle.com/p/the-rhythm-section-trailer-shows-blake-lively-as-a-ruthless-vigilante-video-18783171

An interview with Babs, Reed and Blake.
  • Interesting that 'EON PRODUCTIONS' have a title-card before the trailer begins. I've seen this same logo on their other non-Bond films since 2015. I suspect we may be seeing it in front of NTTD.

329?cb=20180304144608

Anyway...................I LOVED this trailer. Such a cool sense of mood and atmosphere. Blake Lively looks like a proper actress - selling sex and vulnerability. I'm a big fan.

Reed Morano could well be auditioning as the director of the next Bond film here. Her visuals and cinematography is outstanding. I dig the tone immensely.

With Cary and Reed - Eon have a new edict of hiring cool hipster directors and I appreciate this greatly. They're so cool.

fall18_talent_reed_1.jpg

It is curious that Eon aren't placing 'From the producers of the James Bond series' in the trailer. Do they want this film to stand on it's own terms or are they trying to distance themselves from it already?

The first delay was understandable as Blake's injury prevented an early 2019 release. But pushing the film to January feels like the kiss of death. Who knows.....but the trailer is terrific.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Pierce2Daniel, agreed about Morano, she's a fantastic director and I certainly wouldn't mind seeing her behind the camera on a new Bond film in the future.
    Edit: @antovolk was quicker!

The trailer looks proper badass. Day 1 for me now!
    Yeah, me too, without hashtag. The lively way Blake punches that guy I'm not surprised she broke her hand :-). Nice, very nice.

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I'm so excited to see so much of my hometown on screen for an Eon film, with a few friends in the credits to boot. ;)
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    I'm so excited to see so much of my hometown on screen for an Eon film, with a few friends in the credits to boot. ;)

Are you in it as an extra too??

Are you in it as an extra too??

No, I'm afraid not @GertGettler.

However, EON robbed me of my usual camera assistant when they were shooting here in Ireland. He was unable to work on some of my projects because he was busy on THE RYTHYM SECTION. I wasn't impressed but I can't say I blame him really. ;)
  • I liked the trailer, but wasn't blown away by it. Hopefully we actually get a good female spy movie, and not the mediocrity that is in the vein of Red Sparrow and Salt.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited September 2019 Posts: 4,416
    Trailer remember me the moost to Skyfall with a lot dark blue at. The end remember me to Spectre and funny that song repeat a line of QOS
    about sleaping.

So it stil feels cold/cheap, but final movie wil better. Closer to Spectre mabey. Other way around of Skyfall who feels les cold in trailers. Mabey a movie who can suprise me like Atomic Blond or John Wick and be vergotten easier feeling.

I hope there have some money left to promote this movie more. Positive be that the movie in Dutch cinema is stil released by Universal. The normal Paramount way. Hope same with Bluray.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    This looks terribly generic. There's nothing that would attract me to see the film.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Steve Mazzaro Scoring Reed Morano’s ‘The Rhythm Section’
    filmmusicreporter.com/2019/11/13/steve-mazzaro-scoring-reed-moranos-the-rhythm-section/

Steve Mazzaro has composed the original score with Hans Zimmer serving as the project’s executive music producer.
  • 2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    I liked the trailer, but wasn't blown away by it. Hopefully we actually get a good female spy movie, and not the mediocrity that is in the vein of Red Sparrow and Salt.

Zimmer is an odd one.....he tends to use a team when composing his films. Which is kinda unorthodox and is said to be the reason by Christopher Nolan has broken ties with him.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 8,009
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    I liked the trailer, but wasn't blown away by it. Hopefully we actually get a good female spy movie, and not the mediocrity that is in the vein of Red Sparrow and Salt.

Zimmer is an odd one.....he tends to use a team when composing his films. Which is kinda unorthodox and is said to be the reason by Christopher Nolan has broken ties with him.

I'm very confident that last part is not true.

What makes you think that that is so and that is so for that reason?

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited November 2019 Posts: 15,686

Hans Zimmer is already working on 4 films in 2020 (Wonder Woman 1984, Dune, Top Gun: Maverick, The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run), and has said that schedule issues it the only reason why he couldn't do Tenet as well.

Hans Zimmer is already working on 4 films in 2020 (Wonder Woman 1984, Dune, Top Gun: Maverick, The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run), and has said that schedule issues it the only reason why he couldn't do Tenet as well.

DUNE was the big one for him, as he was a fan of the previous attempts and (mainly) the source material. I'm somewhat foolishly expecting big things from that score.
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom

DUNE was the big one for him, as he was a fan of the previous attempts and (mainly) the source material. I'm somewhat foolishly expecting big things from that score.

Yes, it was Dune that prevented him scoring Tenet. Nothing sinister...

Yes, I think that is somewhat foolish ;-).

boldfinger wrote: »

Yes, I think that is somewhat foolish ;-).

I remain hopeful that he will one day recapture some of the things that made me love his 90s scores, so....

Yes, it was Dune that prevented him scoring Tenet. Nothing sinister...

He's also had a team of musicians behind him since the late 90s/early 00s, well before he established his creative collaboration with Nolan.

Nothing sinister at all....
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I see the posters are up: this one has been coming for so long it feels weird to finally see it coming out! :)
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Huh, so they only decide now to put out a trailer mentioning Bond and Handmaid’s Tale. Too late it seems.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Too late for what?

It is funny seeing ‘from the producers of James Bond’ on the posters: somehow it feels weird to see it called that.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The footage I've seen hasn't really wowed me one way or the other. I'll likely catch it eventually but won't be paying to see it - could be surprising, could be a dud. Time will tell.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Too late as in it’s more likely to bomb at this point given the minimal marketing it got.
  • This has the stench of death about it. Coming to some bargain basement streaming service near you by the end of February.

And to think we missed out on a Bond 25 in 2017 because of it.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I am reading the first book in this series now. Pleased to find it is a series. I like the trailer a lot. I know nothing previous about Blake; just really pleased with this. I hope it's an excellent kickass movie.

Great that EON is producing it. People cannot be serious about wanting it to fail so it won't compete or dent or take away time from Bond. Come on, now. I'd dearly love for a woman to lead a full throttle, excellently done action series (spy/adventure/etc.). I'd love for EON to stay with this. There are positive vibes for this film, and I'm looking forward to it a lot. I don't mind it opening in November.