NTTD: The Clapperboard thread

Comments

• edited September 2019 Posts: 3,160
    I don't see NTD taking place in three different places of time. The reason for Felix wanting Bond's help is because of events happening in Norway.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 3,164
    To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if between when we first found out via Baz/Variety in April that they were gonna film in Matera and now the script/story changed so much that this sequence does take place in the middle of the film instead. And thinking of the recent beach club shooting nearby - supposedly doubling for Jamaica - where Seydoux was spotted, maybe they changed things from Bond starting out the film in Jamaica on his own to both Bond and Swann there.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 4,400
    face-palm_1f926.png

This thread is getting infuriating - especially when people are wading in with opinions without keeping up to date with clapperboards.

Let's break it down simply:
    • The Matera scenes take place prior to the Jamaica scenes.
    • We know this is the case because the clapperboards indicate this.
    • "Why does Bond have bruises in scene 130 back in London?" Well we know that prior to the London scenes that an action sequence was filmed at Pinewood doubling for Cuba.
    • "Why is Bond not scratched in Jamaica if he has injuries in Matera?" Likely because the Jamaica scenes take place some months/years later.

The end.

There really isn't an argument to be had here. This isn't a matter of opinion - yes, some speculation is involved - but predominately this is based on fact.
    antovolk wrote: »
    To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if between when we first found out via Baz/Variety in April that they were gonna film in Matera and now the script/story changed so much that this sequence does take place in the middle of the film instead. And thinking of the recent beach club shooting nearby - supposedly doubling for Jamaica - where Seydoux was spotted, maybe they changed things from Bond starting out the film in Jamaica on his own to both Bond and Swann there.

Nope.

They were relaxing on their day off on the beach. Not shooting.
  • RC7RC7
    I don’t recall seeing a Jamaica clapper, where’s that?
    This thread is getting infuriating - especially when people are wading in with opinions without keeping up to date with clapperboards.

Here's some facts for you:

The scene 78 clapperboard filmed in Port Antonio is doubling for Cuba, since they for a fact were hiring "cuban looking extras" for these scenes.

So we don't have any clapperboards from the Jamaica-scenes. Another fact, btw.
  • RC7RC7
    Zekidk wrote: »

The scene 78 clapperboard filmed in Port Antonio is doubling for Cuba, since they for a fact were hiring "cuban looking extras" for these scenes.

Exactly. I don’t recall seeing any clappers for Jamaica.
    Nope.

Are we sure? Because...
    matt_u wrote: »
    Bentley007 wrote: »

Looks like they are just relaxing, no filming there (at least for now).

EDIT: Asked the official profile of the beach, they are filming there.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 6,665
    • "Why does Bond have bruises in scene 130 back in London?" Well we know that prior to the London scenes that an action sequence was filmed at Pinewood doubling for Cuba.
    • "Why is Bond not scratched in Jamaica if he has injuries in Matera?" Likely because the Jamaica scenes take place some months/years later.

Thank you. Elucidated.
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    edited September 2019 Posts: 431
    RC7 wrote: »

I made this collage a few months back @RC7 from the Jamaica shoot. There was a clapperboard, but wisely covered :-P:

xxjEawB.jpg
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

Nope.

The guy who owns the beach club told me filming took place there. Plus Marina dei Ginepri is a location Sassilive spoke since March. Plain and simple.

Nope.

The guy who owns the beach club told me filming took place there. Plus Marina dei Ginepri is a location Sassilive spoke since March. Plain and simple.

Let's hope so. Another beautiful location.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 4,343
    I don't see NTD taking place in three different places of time. The reason for Felix wanting Bond's help is because of events happening in Norway.

This is just speculation and I'm not sure about it. The Norway scene is 100% linked to the main villain plot - even maybe establishing a connection with Swann - and that's for sure, BUT I find more reasonable the idea that the lake scene is just a part of a bigger puzzle and not the exact event that set in motion the story. We'll see. My instinct tells me that scene comes from Swann past/memories. Fukunaga always dealt in his movies with children trauma. Plus Fukunaga's filmography proves he really likes playing with time in his films.

EDIT: From the other thread:
    slyfox wrote: »
    Filming taking place again in the square with the bonfire ash below the rock church. I have seen a clapper board number finally!

Scene 45

Bond with blood on face driving Aston away with Swann away from the square where they filmed a weeks ago (the scene where his car drove arpund the square bonfire after being blocked by another car. He then drives along the city edge whilst a motorbike and cars chase.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    @Pierce2Daniel is most likely right in this case. Don't forget that Bond gets thrown on a bunch of glass in the Cuba scenes, which is likely where the cuts on his face comes from in the subsequent London scenes. The answer seems quite simple to be honest.

The first 30-40 mins of the film - i.e Norway and Matera, take place in the past as that is where the narrative starts. After the events of Matera, we fast forward 4-5 years and Bond is living alone in Jamaica. From there, he goes with Leiter to Cuba, then back to London to be reinstated, then finally Norway.
    jake24 wrote: »
    @Pierce2Daniel is most likely right in this case. Don't forget that Bond gets thrown on a bunch of glass in the Cuba scenes, which is likely where the cuts on his face comes from in the subsequent London scenes. The answer seems quite simple to be honest.

The first 30-40 mins of the film - i.e Norway and Matera, take place in the past as that is where the narrative starts. After the events of Matera, we fast forward 4-5 years and Bond is living alone in Jamaica. From there, he goes with Leiter to Cuba, then back to London to be reinstated, then finally Norway.

I've been saying this all day.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited September 2019 Posts: 10,586

There are two, one released via Cary's Instagram and the other from the BTS video.

BTW, it was never confirmed that those Port Antonio scenes were doubling for Cuba. It's also highly doubtful, as Bond is seen wearing the same outfit - the Tommy Bahama shirt and Tom Ford jeans - in the nightclub scenes where he presumably meets Nomi. That outfit Nomi wears at the nightclub is the same outfit she wears when she visits Bond's house in Jamaica. Thus those scenes cannot be Cuba.
  • jake24 wrote: »

There are two, one released via Cary's Instagram and the other from the BTS video.

BTW, it was never confirmed that those Port Antonio scenes were doubling for Cuba. It's also highly doubtful, as Bond is seen wearing the same outfit - the Tommy Bahama shirt and Tom Ford jeans - in the nightclub scenes where he presumably meets Nomi. That outfit Nomi wears at the nightclub is the same outfit she wears when she visits Bond's house in Jamaica. Thus those scenes cannot be Cuba.

I think the structure sounds a mess.

Flash-forwarding 5 years after 45 minutes of story is sloppy. It smells like a streaming show and not like a concise and well-paced film.
  • RC7RC7
    I’m not buying this. The inciting incident being 45 mins to an hour into the film? No way.

Flash-forwarding 5 years after 45 minutes of story is sloppy. It smells like a streaming show and not like a concise and well-paced film.

It is absurd to make such wild statements when u have no idea what the story is and how it develops. What we do know is we have a very, very talented filmmaker at the helm, so just cool it.

The idea of a 20 minutes flashback after 25 minutes into the film is far worse.
  • RC7RC7
    ColonelSun wrote: »

It is absurd to make such wild statements when u have no idea what the story is and how it develops. What we do know is we have a very, very talented filmmaker at the helm, so just cool it.

Absurd indeed.

The idea of a 20 minutes flashback after 25 minutes into the film is far worse.
    Agreed.
    I’m not buying this. The inciting incident being 45 mins to an hour into the film? No way.
    It's unusual, but I think there are genuine facts that shouldn't be ignored. I highly doubt they are screwing with us with those clapperboards. And we know Jamaica happens after Matera. I'm sure there's a whole bunch we don't know in terms of story, so it'll all make sense eventually.

I've been saying this all day.

I can attest to that.
  • RC7RC7
    It's unusual, but I think there are genuine facts that shouldn't be ignored. I highly doubt they are screwing with us with those clapperboards. And we know Jamaica happens after Matera. I'm sure there's a whole bunch we don't know in terms of story, so it'll all make sense eventually.

Can you show me how we know this? I asked above and got no reply. There’s nothing I’ve seen that suggests Jamaica is after Matera. Cuba, yes.
    Come on, EON. Throw us a bone! :-)

Can you show me how we know this? I asked above and got no reply. There’s nothing I’ve seen that suggests Jamaica is after Matera. Cuba, yes.
    From Port Antonio - Scene 78:

Jamaica - scene 81:
    454hwl3eidoe.jpeg

Everything we've seen from Matera are in the 30s to 50s.

I already explained my logic as to why those Port Antonio scenes are not Cuba.
    @jake24
    Why would they be hiring cuban-looking extras, if not to portray Cuba?
    @jake24
    Why would they be hiring cuban-looking extras, if not to portray Cuba?
    I have no clue, and again, that was never actually confirmed.

These people don't look Cuban to me (at 0:19):

Also, would Bond really take his blue Land Rover all the way to Cuba? We see it again here, at 0:15, separate from Port Antonio:

Also, Bond meets Nomi at the nightclub with the same outfit he wears when meeting Felix in Port Antonio. Nomi is seen wearing her nightclub outfit while driving the moped to Bond's house, and subsequent scenes.
    Since London is around 140/150 makes perfect sense to Cuba to fit in between Jamaica and London, before the Norway finale. With Matera (30/50) before Jamaica obviously.

There’s nothing I’ve seen that suggests Jamaica is after Matera.

There's logic.
  • RC7RC7
    Since London is around 140/150 makes perfect sense to Cuba to fit in between Jamaica and London, before the Norway finale. With Matera (30/50) before Jamaica obviously.

There’s nothing I’ve seen that suggests Jamaica is after Matera.

There's logic.

I guess that depends on your sense of logic, though.

This is the official synopsis -

“Bond has left active service and is enjoying a tranquil life in Jamaica. His peace is short-lived when his old friend Felix Leiter from the CIA turns up asking for help. The mission to rescue a kidnapped scientist turns out to be far more treacherous than expected, leading Bond onto the trail of a mysterious villain armed with dangerous new technology."

I’m just struggling, logically, to see how Bond’s ‘tranquil life’ is playing out around an hour into the film.

Perhaps Jamaica does indeed feature post-Matera, as well as Cuba, but I remain unconvinced that it doesn’t also feature earlier.