NTTD: The Clapperboard thread

Comments

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Interesting. So not the PTS then
    Station_Z wrote: »

If you look at the clapperboard in this video (timemark 26sec), the Matera chase scene will be X54B. I didn't expect it to be that late.

Could some more 'film savvy' people explain what that means? It could just have something to do with the fact that it's being shot by the second unit. Maybe they organise the film differently based on which unit is shooting.

For example, I found this clappberboard from SF and it's equally as confusing - but we know it's from the PTS:
    545e31368e77c0c3dd2dbe75c05167bd.jpg
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    X54B means how late?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

If you look at the clapperboard in this video (timemark 26sec), the Matera chase scene will be X54B. I didn't expect it to be that late.

Could some more 'film savvy' people explain what that means? It could just have something to do with the fact that it's being shot by the second unit. Maybe they organise the film differently based on which unit is shooting.

For example, I found this clappberboard from SF and it's equally as confusing - but we know it's from the PTS:
    545e31368e77c0c3dd2dbe75c05167bd.jpg
    That clapperboard says 18 though. Wouldn't that be accurate?
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 151
    Yes, scene 18 would be accurate, as that would be 12 minutes into the film and "Take the bloody shot" is at 12 minutes with Bond shot off the train at 12 mins 4 seconds. A scene is, on average, 42 seconds long.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 4,400
    So now Matera isn't the pre-title sequence? My head hurts..........................

So Madeleine doesn't die? Bond and her broke up and he headed to Jamaica to retire alone? Then I assume Madeleine is essential to the plot and Bond has to rescue and reconnect with her.Perhaps Madeleine kept the DB5 when they broke up?

Will Bond's commitment issues be addressed in the film? We know he ran away from Paris Caver because she got too close and he was too afraid to commit. Only now to resent himself for doing so.

Does this mean that Lea Seydoux is indeed the leading lady (again?)

gettyimages-1145041850.jpg?w968h681
    edited August 2019 Posts: 4,343
    I do believe Seydoux is again the leading lady - without mentioning the fact that she's billed like the main Bond girl so that's sound like a clear indication - and I do believe Bond thinks she's dead while she's not.

She's not gettin the Tracy treatment, it seems, and I'm fine with that.
    PRI_81967062.jpg

Damn. ;)
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    zdeVyDY.jpg

Fu8AZ8J.jpg

X54B and X37
  • Now the two cars in Sapri do make sense.

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Now the two cars in Sapri do make sense.

X253B? Well that throws everything out of sync
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Just a thought, could these clapperboards be intentionally confusing? I know it's weird idea but I'm sure someone at Eon or whatever knows that a lot of their clapperboards have been posted across the internet, with them even posting some pictures of them themselves.

But is it possible to think they could've worked out someway of misdirecting them?
  • peaderppeaderp england
    How far into the film would this be?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    peaderp wrote: »
    I would say the very end, but it's interesting to note that Skyfall, a two hour & 20 minute film, only went up to the 170s for it's scene numbers. So they are either using a different numbering system for NTTD, or it'll clock in at 3 hours.
  • peaderppeaderp england
    Thanks. is it possible films can have similar runtimes but one will end up with quite a few more scenes than the other depending on how it is structured?
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited September 2019 Posts: 1,165
    jake24 wrote: »
    peaderp wrote: »
    I would say the very end, but it's interesting to note that Skyfall, a two hour & 20 minute film, only went up to the 170s for it's scene numbers. So they are either using a different numbering system for NTTD, or it'll clock in at 3 hours.
    Now that you mention it, especially considering Endgame, IT, and The Irishman, long movies appear to be in.
    SP was 203 scenes in total.
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Just a thought, could these clapperboards be intentionally confusing? I know it's weird idea but I'm sure someone at Eon or whatever knows that a lot of their clapperboards have been posted across the internet, with them even posting some pictures of them themselves.

But is it possible to think they could've worked out someway of misdirecting them?

Wouldn't that be lovely 😊👌🏼? Finally we forummembers can then not proclaim we are some kind of stand-in crew members. We are then being taught that the real-life 'elite' crewmembers have full control back after that SonyLeaks disaster and we, poor folksy followers, really have to wait until the bitter end to guess for clues, which is April 3rd 2020. If true, I am glad 'elitism' works again a bit 😂.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 3,167
    They are not screwing with the numbers on the clapperboards, just because some fans on the internet are having fun dechifering the chronology.

We have no idea how the 2nd unit clapperboards work, but the ones from the 1st unit seem on point.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 151
    It's two movies being filmed together. Scene 253 is simply 37 minutes into Bond26. It's the DB5 for NTTD and the Vantage for Bond26. I guess DC wanted to go out with a Blofeld trilogy.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 4,343
    Zekidk wrote: »
    They are not screwing with the numbers on the clapperboards, just because some fans on the internet are having fun dechifering the chronology.

We have no idea how the 2nd unit clapperboards work, but the ones from the 1st unit seem on point.

We already saw 2nd Unit clapperboards for the scenes in Matera. 37 and 54.

This 235 spotted in Sapri is from the very end of the film so? I said a few days ago that seemed obvious since the presence of the V8. This is the confirmation needed, maybe? IDK.

Or this is scene 35 take 2? XD Seems more likely. No way they are goin to make a 3 hour Bond film.
  • I'm fairly certain this is a scene in the 20 region. which places us in Bond's flat in SP:

B4WJbmpIIAE4NuC.jpg

Which likely means that Sapni is doubling for Jamaica. Which makes sense if we look at how the sets are being dressed on the beaches

riva-dei-ginepri-beach.jpg

I think the second unit have a different way of marking the clapperboards. Once we can spy a clapperboard on set of the first unit we will know if Matera is the PTS. Who knows, perhaps today is that day......

I suspect Matera isn't the PTS. The outfit change and amount of story they need to pack into that segment suggests it comes later in the film.
    This is not Sapri. This is Marina di Pisticci, a long rumored location. Sassilive reported months ago about a "jamaican" party will be filmed there so yes, that beach is probably doubling for Jamaica.
  • Well, maybe the script got changed so much that many scene had to be obmitted and a new ending with new scene numbers was written. Could be as easy as that.
    A new clapperboard number has cropped up on Instagram.
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    Someone wrote: »
    A new clapperboard number has cropped up on Instagram.

That's the spirit. Give us forummembers headaches and neck pains :-P.
    Still 2nd unit.

I've done that already, scene X48H, take 2, and I think the date is 13/9/2019. :P
  • Someone wrote: »

I've done that already, scene X48H, take 2, and I think the date is 13/9/2019. :P
    I'm reading 25/08/2019, altough I'm not sure about the 5 (the 25th was a Sunday and I don't think they shot something then).
    So many scenes shot there with the 1st unit and no one yet managed to spyshoot a 1st unit clapperboard?