NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    The real test of avoiding information begins soon, then, with the release of that teaser. Damn, it's going to be hard trying to not watch it.

The road to NTTD has been so long and not exactly smooth, so that will make not watching anything even harder.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    TripAces wrote: »
    So with the teaser imminent, shall we make predictions about what will be in it?

Here are some of mine:
    • Bond relaxing in Jamaica
    • Some mysterious voice-over by Malek
    • Malek in shadows or otherwise still not visible
    • Quick glimpses at Q, M and Moneypenny
    • A shot of Nomi at MI6, but no word on the 'female 007' business
    • Prominent shot of Leiter
    • Bond in tuxedo
    • The Valhalla
    • Some action?
    • Waltz as Blofeld to end on?

I would guess more than just a shot of Leiter. If he is indeed the one coaxing Bond out of retirement, then we'll likely be in on that conversation to a certain degree. Can't wait!

Yes, I think I have to amend that prediction. A bit of dialogue would be great. Also, totally plausible, since they gave the Leiter-looks-for-Bond away in the synopsis.
    antovolk wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    1000% they will reveal the 'Lashana Lynch is 007' thing in the trailer. It's nothing if not a marketing gimmick.

Take my word for it.
    Second trailer.

That's definitely a fair guess - I'd just be surprised if this gambit isn't at all used in the marketing
    I don't know. If we believe the quotes from the Daily Mail, then this development was never supposed to surface. So I'm curious to see how they handle it: use it now it's out, or go in denial once again. I'd bet on that last one, but we'll see!

Also, curious to find out if much is made of 'Craig's last mission' and if the other films get a mention, like SF did in the SP teaser. If they go all out with the connections (Blofeld, Vesper, Leiter, Madeleine), then maybe that's reflected in the promotion as well. Maybe we'll get a retrospective video just like Star Wars got.
  • I always like to be the optimist, but I don't think we'll see a trailer till late October. I've been noticing a pattern.
    End of April- B25 cast reveal
    End of June- on set video
    End of August- title reveal
    End of October- teaser?
    It seems to work every 2 months. More likely this is just a coincidence, but given it's suspected that Matera is opening the film, I think they may include a lot of that stuff in the teaser and wait until filming has completely finished.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited September 2019 Posts: 5,869
    @2Wint2Kidd Could be end of September? You never know. God I hope it's a good trailer. I'm not talking so much about the shots from the film, but more about the music choices, the length, and its editing. A trailer can easily dull excitement for a film if not done right, just look at the new Black Christmas trailer. Oh dear.

I actually think we're gonna get quite a mysterious trailer, askin to Spectre and Skyfall teaser trailers. I don't think we're going to see Blofeld, we may see Malek briefly or in shadow, we'll definitely see Lea and Lashana. I don't think Ana will appear to be honest. MI6 may not, depends on their role, and Letier will definitely appear. I think we'll mainly be in Jamaica and London, but small action tidbits from each location. Just my thoughts.
    Wonder if the CNS building will be in it
  • Denbigh wrote: »
    @2Wint2Kidd Could be end of September? You never know. God I hope it's a good trailer. I'm not talking so much about the shots from the film, but more about the music choices, the length, and its editing. A trailer can easily dull excitement for a film if not done right, just look at the new Black Christmas trailer. Oh dear.

I actually think we're gonna get quite a mysterious trailer, askin to Spectre and Skyfall teaser trailers. I don't think we're going to see Blofeld, we may see Malek briefly or in shadow, we'll definitely see Lea and Lashana. I don't think Ana will appear to be honest. MI6 may not, depends on their role, and Letier will definitely appear. I think we'll mainly be in Jamaica and London, but small action tidbits from each location. Just my thoughts.
    I do hope it's September. I don't think they'll make us wait and longer than late-October.

And yes I hope they replicate the previous trailers of SF and SP. That SP one was so good! Although Universal does have a habit of showing too much in their trailers, I felt I saw the whole Hobbs and Shaw movie based on the trailers alone.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Anyone else think it's possible they'll release it on October 5th? It is James Bond Day after all.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Remington wrote: »
    Anyone else think it's possible they'll release it on October 5th? It is James Bond Day after all.
    I'd say the window would be between now and October 5th.

Exactly. It's ready to go, they won't hold off releasing it any longer than in time for Joker. Keeping fingers crossed for next week..
    I'm nervous with excitement. I don't know how anyone could not watch it. I'll be watching it five times in a row then going through it frame by frame!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I'm nervous with excitement. I don't know how anyone could not watch it. I'll be watching it five times in a row then going through it frame by frame!
    I'll probably end up doing the same.

Yep, that's the method ;)

I still remember downloading them to quicktime just to go frame by frame in hd. And that used to take a helluva long time.

It's a ritual I always look forwards to.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I'm also excited to have actual images from the film to use and edit for some fan posters haha :)
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    antovolk wrote: »

Exactly. It's ready to go, they won't hold off releasing it any longer than in time for Joker. Keeping fingers crossed for next week..

Don't play with a man's feeling, next week seriously. Hope you or anyone get some confirmation by the end of this week but they might drop it unannounce.
    We still haven’t seen malek on set a single time. Has anyone ever leaked filming interior at pinewood
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    We still haven’t seen malek on set a single time. Has anyone ever leaked filming interior at pinewood
    Nope. We've only ever really got small glimpses at sets during clapperboard photos.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

That's what has killed films for me in the last several years, feeling like I know every beat and the overall layout of the entire film before I even get to see it. I want to go in as blind and clueless as I possibly can this time around. April will be here before I know it.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 8,026
    I'll probably end up doing the same.

It's too hard to resist, isn't it? Fair play to anyone with that level of self-control, but I unfortunately do not have it when it comes to these things!
    Univex wrote: »

Yep, that's the method ;)

I still remember downloading them to quicktime just to go frame by frame in hd. And that used to take a helluva long time.

It's a ritual I always look forwards to.

Oh God, yes. It kicks in very quickly, like a cinematic twist on the placebo effect. Suddenly the film feels far more real and tangible and the hype goes through the roof. I'm looking forward to perusing the reactions on Twitter.

Also, yes. The days of dial-up!

That's what has killed films for me in the last several years, feeling like I know every beat and the overall layout of the entire film before I even get to see it. I want to go in as blind and clueless as I possibly can this time around. April will be here before I know it.

You're a stronger man than I, @Creasy47!
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond

That’s why I’ll watch the teaser, but avoid the trailer. ;)
    @CraigMooreOHMSS, until I cave and watch the teaser, that is!

@Minion, I've debated the same. I really, really want to avoid all official footage - I did watch that B-roll type announcement video from a couple of months back, though, and it looked amazing.
    After SP who can blame us if we want to know how the film looks like? Right? We’ve had the same director for two films in a row and now we’ve got a maverick genius director at the helm and a brilliant cinematographer. So...I’ll watch it immediately once its up.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    It's been nearly four years guys, treat yourselves to the trailer ;)
    After SP who can blame us if we want to know how the film looks like? Right? We’ve had the same director for two films in a row and now we’ve got a maverick genius director at the helm and a brilliant cinematographer. So...I’ll watch it immediately once its up.

Nobody's blaming you, I wasn't wording it like that at all, merely to say that I feel like I've dove way too heavily into everything surrounding SF and SP to the point that no surprises, twists, or grand unveilings really seemed to await me when I finally sat down on opening night and saw the film, so this time I've gone in the opposite direction - totally blind and unaware as to what's going on. I know of two shooting locations, some cast members, and that's about it.

Nobody's blaming you, I wasn't wording it like that at all, merely to say that I feel like I've dove way too heavily into everything surrounding SF and SP to the point that no surprises, twists, or grand unveilings really seemed to await me when I finally sat down on opening night and saw the film, so this time I've gone in the opposite direction - totally blind and unaware as to what's going on. I know of two shooting locations, some cast members, and that's about it.

I know @Creasy47, my comment wasn’t directed at you, old pal.

Got it, apologies! But yes, that's what I'm (trying) to stick with though I won't be remotely surprised if I cave in a matter of weeks once it goes live. A new Bond trailer of any kind is going to be near impossible to consciously avoid.

Got it, apologies! But yes, that's what I'm (trying) to stick with though I won't be remotely surprised if I cave in a matter of weeks once it goes live. A new Bond trailer of any kind is going to be near impossible to consciously avoid.

You could follow our reactions to it and description without watching it, but that would be tortuous, IMO. I’ve tried that once, for about 30 seconds before I caved in and watched it like a true ocd Bond maniac.

;)
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

I totally see your point. Trailers spoil pretty much everything. They did in the past (just look at the trailer for Dr No) and they do it nowadays (ugh, Terminator Genesys). So I can't blame you if you're not going to watch it (in fact, I envy you because you're stronger than me! :D)

I, on the other hand, don't really care since I watch Bond movies hundreds of times anyway; I know them by heart and I still enjoy them. Moreover, Bond movies rarely have huge twists and all of them follow the same formula.
    I usually hate spoilers about tv shows or casual movies if I know I'm going to watch them once or twice at max, though.
    Will always watch the trailers for sure!
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Is it weird if I say I get the same exhilarating feeling of watching the film for the first time when I watch the trailer for the first time? So it's a win now win later situation for me.

Then again, I've always loved trailers. It's a lost art, as far as I'm concerned. There are few and few good trailers nowadays. They used to be rubbish in the 50s and 60s and then they reached gold era heights in the 80s and 90s, only to be ruined again by those mini-trailer-teasers-of-the-teaser-trailer-whatumamacallit-nonsense they have that usually ruin the entire plot and have all the best scenes in it. Gone are the voiceovers, the symbolic teaser, the trailer titles, all of its art. Still, I do like myself a good trailer. The new Top Gun trailer and the Fallout trailer struck some cords, they were done the right way, and were very rewatchable.

What was the best Craig era teaser/tailer combo, in your opinion(s)?
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Is it weird if I say I get the same exhilarating feeling of watching the film for the first time when I watch the trailer for the first time? So it's a win now win later situation for me.

Then again, I've always loved trailers. It's a lost art, as far as I'm concerned. There are few and few good trailers nowadays. They used to be rubbish in the 50s and 60s and then they reached gold era heights in the 80s and 90s, only to be ruined again by those mini-trailer-teasers-of-the-teaser-trailer-whatumamacallit-nonsense they have that usually ruin the entire plot and have all the best scenes in it. Gone are the voiceovers, the symbolic teaser, the trailer titles, all of its art. Still, I do like myself a good trailer. The new Top Gun trailer and the Fallout trailer struck some cords, they were done the right way, and were very rewatchable.

What was the best Craig era teaser/tailer combo, in your opinion(s)?

For me, it's a tie between CR and SF