Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Looks like a mix of the 1st and 2nd.

Now I have to say this looks good fun! Count me in!!! :)) :-bd
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 5,767
    Looks like it´s having a lot of the positive things of the first two films, and not trying to be different. I´m in! Hope it keeps the level up all throughout!

How is it even possible that in a quarter century, Will Smith has barely aged?
    I would say he used the company that worked on The Irishman, if I hadn´t seen some behind-the-scenes clips a while ago, where Smith looks like that also backstage. It´s a bit spooky indeed.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm beyond ready for Bad Boys For Life, looks fantastic and the humor seems funnier than ever.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2019 Posts: 15,686
    Willem Dafoe & Morena Baccarin join Pedro Pascal in the thriller Tropico.

Raymond Sanz (Dafoe), a veteran operative, is hired to spy on Mark, an American businessman (Pascal) in a steamy costal town in Northern Brazil. However, things get more complicated when Sanz falls simultaneously for Mark’s wife, the mysterious and beautiful Lucia (Baccarin), and her equally beautiful identical twin sister, Olivia (Baccarin).

https://deadline.com/2019/09/willem-dafoe-morena-baccarin-pedro-pascal-tropico-giada-colagrande-eclipse-pictures-1202710449/
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

----

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Ad Astra is looking more and more like a cinema trip for me.
    Director's Tom McCarthy (Spotlight) still-untitled new film receives an official release date: November 6, 2020.

A blue-collar oil-worker (Matt Damon) navigates the foreign soil and culture of France in order to free his estranged daughter (Abigail Breslin) from wrongful imprisonment.

http://collider.com/tom-mccarthy-new-movie-release-date-matt-damon/
    First trailer for Hustlers:

The film is getting critical acclaim, currently at 100% on RottenTomatoes (8.5/10 average) and 80/100 on Metacritic.
    Final trailer for Doctor Sleep:

• Ben Wheatley (Free Fire, Kill List) will direct Tomb Raider 2, to be released on March 19, 2021.

https://deadline.com/2019/09/tomb-raider-sequel-ben-wheatley-director-alicia-vikander-lara-croft-mgm-march-19-2021-release-1202710550/

Interesting. Vikander's commitment was obvious, and I thought she did the best she could with the material at hand. Hopefully with some clearer writing and directing (and more emphasis on the adventure) we can have a bit more fun this time around!
    Doctor Sleep looks more like an action film with horror in it, rather than Kubrick´s in-the-bone horror. Which means I might be able to see it ;-).
  • BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6
    I like the look of this. Coming out next week I think.

THE LIGHTHOUSE looks terrific. I remember a film with that title in the 80s, starring Brandauer. It was pretty good.
    THE LIGHTHOUSE looks terrific. I remember a film with that title in the 80s, starring Brandauer. It was pretty good.
    This certainly looks like it also would be a terrific vehicle for Brandauer.

boldfinger wrote: »
    This certainly looks like it also would be a terrific vehicle for Brandauer.

I believe the English title was THE LIGHTSHIP. Original title DAS FEUERSCHIFF. Came out in 1985, and I had the Norwegian title in mind.
    Paramount confirms a remake of Face/Off is in the works.

https://deadline.com/2019/09/face-off-remake-paramount-pictures-john-woo-john-travolta-nicolas-cage-1202729685/

----

New trailer for Roland Emmerich's WW2 film Midway to arrive soon.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 5,767
    I can see the remake of Face/Off already in my mind: Two bland young actors in a CGI-heavy direct-to-streaming film.

I can imagine a lot of little things one could put in a remake to half-way justify it. But nothing and no-one on earth could ever surpass Nic Cages insanity. It´s madness to even try. And both Woo and Travolta were in their prime at the time.

Isn´t this just one of those occasions where a company makes a remake in order to not lose the rights to a certain property?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I can already confirm the Face/Off remake is pure garbage.
    Why the need to remake Faceoff?
  • BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6
    Face/Off remake? It'll star Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham. You can bet your bottom dollar.

Martin Lawrence relegated to second banana for the second time. I realize Will Smith is a bigger draw than him these days, but it's detrimental to the film. It wasn't like in the original, Mike was all coolness and action and Marcus was pure comedic relief, which is how it's looking here. That aside, the film looks beautiful, and the action looks good.

----

Netflix has acquired the next Alexander Payne film, with Mads Mikkelsen to play the lead role.

The film is described as a father/daughter story about a Danish journalist who takes a road-trip with his teenage daughter across the US as he writes a story for a newspaper.

https://deadline.com/2019/09/alexander-payne-mads-mikkelsen-netflix-movie-father-daugher-story-1202731255/

----

I thought the were laws noadays against such bad CGI?
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 5,185

Daaayum, our girl is killing it.
    Black and Blue looks very good. Seems like a very tense, action-packed thriller. Naomie Harris is a badass and it's always great to see Frank Grillo.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    I thought the were laws noadays against such bad CGI?

They don't apply to Jerry Bruckheimer.
    The third installment of OSS 117 with Jean Dujardin finally has a title: OSS 117: Red Alert in Black Africa (OSS 117: Alerte Rouge en Afrique Noire).
    The third installment of OSS 117 with Jean Dujardin finally has a title: OSS 117: Red Alert in Black Africa (OSS 117: Alerte Rouge en Afrique Noire).
    Good, so there´s still hope for the world.