No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    They said a member of the forum here saw the cut. I wonder when it’ll be revealed.
  • jake24 wrote: »
    According to the most recent episode of James Bond & Friends, a rough cut of the teaser trailer has been created and has been seen by one of the website's contributors.

Two notes:

1) Not much is revealed in terms of story
    2) It is possibly the best-looking Bond film to date
    This is extremely good news, because Deakins' cinematography for SF set the bar very high.
    Guys, let me ask you a question. Does someone for any isntance, is storing all the images and videos from B25/NTTD filming? I'm was a offline from the Bond crazyness this month due to personal stuff, and I'd love to be back in the game. Muito obrigado!!! :D

Yep, I do. I will do a big Imgur gallery aat the end of the filming like I did with Spectre, so far I have 801 pics in my hardrive.
    w2bond wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »

That's quite a statement given the last 4 films have looked very good
    No way to tell how this will look until we see a teaser. Hopefully they won't go overboard with the grading, like they did in large parts of SP.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited August 2019 Posts: 4,343
    Hopefully @marketto007 is right and next week a press conference + trailer, hopefully, will be hold in Matera. Exciting times. Maybe Malek is in Matera just in order to attend the press conference and his presence has nothing to do with filming.

BTW, given Sandgren works with Chazelle, I have no doubt NTTD is goin to look gorgeous.
  • RC7RC7
    I’ve also heard from someone whose seen footage that it looks incredible. Good omens on that front it seems.
    The James Bond franchise is the last remaining sartorial franchise in the world and that's one of the main reasons why is the best. I have no doubt NNTD will be visually compelling.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    May I offer a totally different way of looking at all this? Perhaps a stretch, but...

Fukunaga is 'doing a Nolan', and the film won't will play out in chronological order, meaning that Matera is the PTS, we'll return to Matera later in the film, but chronologically, the DB5 scene would fit just after the PTS, but that won't be its place in the film.

That’s actually more ‘doing a Fleming’! :)
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,018

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    According to the most recent episode of James Bond & Friends, a rough cut of the teaser trailer has been created and has been seen by one of the website's contributors.

Two notes:

Re: Best looking bond film, I feel this is always going to be said about the latest bond film, excitement is running very high and there's going to be bias.
    Heatwave in the Aston Martin? Cooling down the engine?

qbpWzC7.jpg

Damn this is cool. The Piazza driving from another angle.

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    matt_u wrote: »
    Hopefully @marketto007 is right and next week a press conference + trailer, hopefully, will be hold in Matera. Exciting times. Maybe Malek is in Matera just in order to attend the press conference and his presence has nothing to do with filming.

BTW, given Sandgren works with Chazelle, I have no doubt NTTD is goin to look gorgeous.

From what I heard, no trailer with the Press Conference. DC will arrive on the same day of the Press Conference. And also from what I've been told, yes, Malek has LOTS TO DO with filming there. But he'll arrive only on the 21st.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited August 2019 Posts: 14,861
    Contraband wrote: »
    Heatwave in the Aston Martin? Cooling down the engine?

qbpWzC7.jpg

Well they're cooling the interior aren't they? I guess it gets hot in there, especially driving at full revs like that, and as they're replicas they're not going to have fitted a/c and it may be that the windows don't even open. It's 32/33° there at the moment so I wouldn't want to get in those for long! Looks like the boot is functional though, which is kind of surprising!
    I bet the stunt doubles in the DB5s are jealous of the guys who get to drive the Jags! :)
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España

From what I heard, no trailer with the Press Conference. DC will arrive on the same day of the Press Conference. And also from what I've been told, yes, Malek has LOTS TO DO with filming there. But he'll arrive only on the 21st.

Craig arrives 7th or 8th??

Thanks. Yesterday I've been told that Malek was in Matera but at this point sounds more accurate that he will be in Matera. Didn't expect him to feature in those shooting, big news.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    ggl007 wrote: »

I've been told he will arrive on the 7th.

I doubt Malek will be shooting in Italy throughout the month of September and as late as 21 September 2019, mainly due to the premiere of the latest series of 'Mr Robot' which is due to begin on October 6 2019.

Given Malek's newfound A-list status, coupled with the fact that he's already doing GQ spreads to promote the show, I suspect Malek will be doing a lot of press later this month for the show's final series.

The fake cemetary in Gravina

Gravina Bridge (stunt drop location) and the cliff (right) with no cemetary. Pic might useful.

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    ggl007 wrote: »

I've been told he will arrive on the 7th.

Me too :) I think the Press Conference will be on the 7th
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Given that the title reveal was on a random Tuesday in August, why wouldn't the trailer be the same? Clearly given the buzz the title reveal got, surely the trailer would get the same buzz, if not more. So why are we certain they will attach the trailer to another movie?
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,018
    I saw this edit yesterday. Think it's by thebondbulletin.com, not sure. This is a retweet.

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    The James Bond franchise is the last remaining sartorial franchise in the world and that's one of the main reasons why is the best. I have no doubt NNTD will be visually compelling.

+1 exciting times ahead
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    What's the purpose of a press conference though? Other than the first teaser, which won't be released on the day as others have said, there's not really anything they can talk about. They covered the casting and locations during the first 'conference', the title has since been made public, and the press release covered the rest. What I could imagine is a photocall perhaps with several of the actors and on-set interviews by journalists (EMPIRE etc.) which we'll be reading many months later.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 15,785
    Zekidk wrote: »

No way to tell how this will look until we see a teaser. Hopefully they won't go overboard with the grading, like they did in large parts of SP.

Of course the teaser trailer might look beautiful. Then in post production, someone could come along and regrade the color giving the final film a completely different look.

On the trailers DAD the shots used for the PTS looked natural. Then the actual film had that blue/gray digital color grading over that sequence.
    I believe DAD was the first Bond film to utilize digital color grading.
  • duke_togoduke_togo france
    edited August 2019 Posts: 138

Two notes:

Better looking than a movie shot by Roger Deakins?! WOW. Very exciting !

Wow, some people here are here for the fun and games and others really need therapy. Cmon people, rejoice! Good word on the film is on the street. Teaser is probably ready. Stop complaining and enjoy.

Very exciting times ahead.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 5,767
    May I offer a totally different way of looking at all this? Perhaps a stretch, but...

Fukunaga is 'doing a Nolan', and the film won't will play out in chronological order, meaning that Matera is the PTS, we'll return to Matera later in the film, but chronologically, the DB5 scene would fit just after the PTS, but that won't be its place in the film.
    I was going to offer unchronological storytelling, but I retracted my thoughts, because my version was too silly :-)). It involved flashbacks of Madeleine (explaining the girl), where she has a premonition or hears a phrophecy that she will spend her life with 007. And then it involved Bond killing Madeleine (explaining Madeleine´s absence in certain scenes), after she confessed to him that she confused him with Nomi because of the 007 number, and she actually fell in love with Nomi.
    What did I say? Silly.

Two notes:

This is extremely good news, because Deakins' cinematography for SF set the bar very high.
    I tend to disagree, because IMO Deakins´ work on SF didn´t fit the matter much, but to each his own. IMO SF and SP are not among the visually best Bond films.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Of course the teaser trailer might look beautiful. Then in post production, someone could come along and regrade the color giving the final film a completely different look.

On the trailers DAD the shots used for the PTS looked natural. Then the actual film had that blue/gray digital color grading over that sequence.

They had to do quite a lot with the Spain scenes didn't they? Because there was no sunshine when they shot it so they had to try and improve the weather. So grading isn't a bad thing.
    mtm wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »

They had to do quite a lot with the Spain scenes didn't they? Because there was no sunshine when they shot it so they had to try and improve the weather. So grading isn't a bad thing.

Top DOP's on big films like Bond have their choice of the top graders, so they work very, very closely as a team, creatively led by the director and DOP, to grade the film exactly how they want each scene, shot etc. to look.