No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    At the moment it is very confusing as to who will get the final credit. We don't really know the situation at all .......
    Whaaaat? It's not confusing at all. EON already told us very clearly in at least two separate press releases that the final list of credited writers is: Neal Purvis, Robert Wade, Scott Z. Burns, Cary Joji Fukunaga, Phoebe Waller-Bridge.

I believe P2D was talking about who gets the "Story by" and "Screenplay by" credits
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited August 2019 Posts: 5,834
    I don't think Madeleine will be the kidnapped scientist. While yes science and psychology go hand-in=hand, people tend to differentiate between scientists and psychologists.

Plus with the whole dangerous new technologies angle, I doubt they'd kidnap a psychologist for that, unless the new technology is cloning and Malek wants his clones to go through therapy before they become fully dangerous? which is definitely not the case.

And yes while I know they could be kidnapping Madeleine to clone her, I think for them to mention the word scientist in the synopsis, and not Madeleine, speaks for itself, and before you mention spoilers... if Madeleine's kidnapping is the inciting incident for the rest of the story, you don't really need to keep it a secret, so I think the use of the word "scientist" means that it's a separate character.

And overall while sometimes they can be, I don't think these film's are ever that cryptic when it comes to synopsis'. I don't think any of us would've referred to Madeleine as a scientist before this synopsis came out, so I don't think they ever would.
    Madeline was already kidnspped at the end of spectre. Something else better be at play. Maybe Madeline betrays bond In matera.
    They’re saying in the clapperboard thread matera isn’t the PTS.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    At the moment it is very confusing as to who will get the final credit. We don't really know the situation at all .......
    Whaaaat? It's not confusing at all. EON already told us very clearly in at least two separate press releases that the final list of credited writers is: Neal Purvis, Robert Wade, Scott Z. Burns, Cary Joji Fukunaga, Phoebe Waller-Bridge.
    Cary was third.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 4,400

Eon don't get final say. The WGA do.

Eon didn't plan on giving Jez Butterworth a credit for SP, but he got one from the WGA arbitration process. We all knew Butterworth did a polish on the SP script, but his name was left out of all marketing material until we got the final credits with the poster.

There have also been numerous incidents where writers have either maintained a credit where it was not deserved or lost a credit due to arbitration rules.

Check these out:
    1. https://deadline.com/2015/04/jurassic-world-script-credits-resolved-colin-trevorrow-speaks-on-arbitration-process-1201406086/
    2. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/thor-ragnarok-writer-denied-credit-by-wga-cries-foul-1038931
    3. https://www.ibtimes.com/welcome-gunn-show-how-nicole-perlman-being-written-out-guardians-galaxy-1659036
    4. https://www.indiewire.com/2014/03/ridley-sets-record-straight-on-mcqueen-12-years-rift-talks-jimi-all-is-by-my-side-193274/

So whilst your logic holds up, sadly Eon don't get the final say when guilds and unions are involved.
    Matera chase is scene 54B
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 299
    Is there any chance that PTS will be this long? Or Matera chase will be after PTS?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    So now we're even more in the dark than we were before :) This just excites me even more...
    Scene 1-15-20'ish: Norway PTS.
    20'ish- 60'ish: Southern Italy
    60-120: Jamaica and Cuba
    120-160: London
    160-200: Scotland/Norway
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited August 2019 Posts: 4,548
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I don't think Madeleine will be the kidnapped scientist. While yes science and psychology go hand-in=hand, people tend to differentiate between scientists and psychologists.

Plus with the whole dangerous new technologies angle, I doubt they'd kidnap a psychologist for that, unless the new technology is cloning and Malek wants his clones to go through therapy before they become fully dangerous? which is definitely not the case.

And yes while I know they could be kidnapping Madeleine to clone her, I think for them to mention the word scientist in the synopsis, and not Madeleine, speaks for itself, and before you mention spoilers... if Madeleine's kidnapping is the inciting incident for the rest of the story, you don't really need to keep it a secret, so I think the use of the word "scientist" means that it's a separate character.

And overall while sometimes they can be, I don't think these film's are ever that cryptic when it comes to synopsis'. I don't think any of us would've referred to Madeleine as a scientist before this synopsis came out, so I don't think they ever would.

I don't think Madeleine is getting kidnapped, either. But I also think it is possible that ther kidnapped scientist has nothing to do with the dangerous technology. It doesn't make much sense to kidnap a scentist so he/she can help you destroy the world. In most cases, you just pay them. ;-)

EON and CJF have done such a remarkable job of keeping the public guessing that trying to speculate on anything at this point is, well, pointless. But I am sticking to my guns: Madeleine has something or knows something that Spectre is terrified of. And for whatever reason they want her and anything else left of her life wiped out. That would include, presumably, a daughter-who lives in Norway with her father (Madeleine's ex), a scientist. That's how I am connecting the dots. I am certain I am wrong. LOL.
    Librarian wrote: »
    Is there any chance that PTS will be this long? Or Matera chase will be after PTS?

No, not really.

I have suggested all along that Matera is being used for two or more locations. The graveyard could be Greece, Croatia, France, wherever. Some of the surrounding countryside, too. After all, Nassau was also Madagascar.
  • peaderppeaderp england
    Also Madeleine will probably be in the Norway scenes as well as Matera.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Hopefully the teaser trailer will provide some further details regarding the plot. And hopefully said teaser trailer will drop sooner than later.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Hopefully the teaser trailer will provide some further details regarding the plot. And hopefully said teaser trailer will drop sooner than later.

Amen
    Great to see so much buzz going on with the new movie as it progresses through its filming schedule. So exciting logging on these days as you never know what is about to greet your eyes?!!! @-)
    As I suspected and said months ago Norway is looking to be the PTS. Possibly without Bond
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited August 2019 Posts: 5,834
    So wouldn't that also place this sequence in Matera after the scenes in Jamaica, unless these sequences are also doubling for Cuba?
    My prediction: Matera will be the PTS. Not the DB5 chase, but a night scene during a festival. Therefore we see the streets being cleaned the day afterwards, when the car chase is going on. The norway scenes will be set inbetween, shown after the titles.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Station_Z wrote: »
    My prediction: Matera will be the PTS. Not the DB5 chase, but a night scene during a festival. Therefore we see the streets being cleaned the day afterwards, when the car chase is going on. The norway scenes will be set inbetween, shown after the titles.
    Hmm I don't think that'll be the case. I think the one thing guaranteed is that this film will open with the Norway sequence, with the young girl and the cracked ice. What follows kinda remains a mystery, although I guess it's possible Bond and Madeleine could return to Matera later in the film. Who knows? Or everyone's got it wrong, and Matera will not be the pre-title sequence, with scenes appearing like this...

Norway
    Jamaica
    Matera
    Cuba
    Norway (Scotland)
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    edited August 2019 Posts: 524
    May I offer a totally different way of looking at all this? Perhaps a stretch, but...

Fukunaga is 'doing a Nolan', and the film won't will play out in chronological order, meaning that Matera is the PTS, we'll return to Matera later in the film, but chronologically, the DB5 scene would fit just after the PTS, but that won't be its place in the film.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,018
    'Bond's eye view' camera car. Cheezus the budget for this movie

kbbFRfr.jpg

• RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 1,532
    This looks like it's gonna be a great PTS. If that's when the sequence takes place.

Myself and some members on here just created a new Facebook group called James Bond Will Return - The Official 007 Group.

Join if you're interested.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Guys, let me ask you a question. Does someone for any isntance, is storing all the images and videos from B25/NTTD filming? I'm was a offline from the Bond crazyness this month due to personal stuff, and I'd love to be back in the game. Muito obrigado!!! :D
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Guys, let me ask you a question. Does someone for any isntance, is storing all the images and videos from B25/NTTD filming? I'm was a offline from the Bond crazyness this month due to personal stuff, and I'd love to be back in the game. Muito obrigado!!! :D

Yo @marketto007 !! I can help you out. Got loads of pics plus video clips (mostly from instagrammers). We can fix this tomorrow around lunchtime, just give me an email-adress.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    According to the most recent episode of James Bond & Friends, a rough cut of the teaser trailer has been created and has been seen by one of the website's contributors.

Two notes:

1) Not much is revealed in terms of story
    2) It is possibly the best-looking Bond film to date
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Great news @jake24, can you remember around what time during the episode they spoke about the trailer? :)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Great news @jake24, can you remember around what time during the episode they spoke about the trailer? :)
    Around 20 minutes in.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Let’s hope this means it’s right around the corner!
    Just had a listen, and I think I caught another note in their conversation that the viewer's general reaction to the trailer was also "overwhelmingly positive."
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    jake24 wrote: »
    2) It is possibly the best-looking Bond film to date

That's quite a statement given the last 4 films have looked very good