No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Dreams about Bond 25 are hardly relevant to this thread. As is Danny Boyle directing. It didn't happen, it's not going to happen. Time to move on.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    ggl007 wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    And did you remember why Mr. White leave SPECTRE?

"Women? Children?"... ;)

Well, in the film White was referring to the casualties of terrorist attacks. Basically White quitted the organization once Blofeld started to directly kill innocente people in attacks in order to pave the way to the Nine Eyes Program.

Of course, that was the idea... in 2015. Can we now read something more in these words? :D

Sounds reasonable. :)

It is not directly stated in the film but I always loved to think that Blofeld’s actions became gradually more crazy, evil and diabolical once Bond unconsciously started to interfere more and more in his business.
  • echoecho 007 in New York

"Women? Children?"... ;)

Well, in the film White was referring to the casualties of terrorist attacks. Basically White quitted the organization once Blofeld started to directly kill innocente people in attacks in order to pave the way to the Nine Eyes Program.

Of course, that was the idea... in 2015. Can we now read something more in these words? :D

Sounds reasonable. :)

It is not directly stated in the film but I always loved to think that Blofeld’s actions became gradually more crazy, evil and diabolical once Bond unconsciously started to interfere more and more in his business.

That would be interesting, setting us up for...Shatterhand? That's gotta be the title.
    Oh please you guys would throw a fit back in 2016/2017 if EON productions announced they were following up with a sequel to spectre in 2020, the fact that there was an original story/treatment to use by Boyle and hodge makes it worse.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited August 2019 Posts: 4,554
    Ludovico wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    octofinger wrote: »
    Point of order:
    When did we start spelling it "Genoma?"
    Can we not be done with what was clearly a mistranslation?

The hilarity of this thread is that we pick up specks of dust and immediately formulate entire plots, narrative structuring (including where the OT sequence will be positioned) and even titles based on those. I'm not saying that none of these speculative remarks will turn out correct, but these last dozens and dozens of pages have been about speculation built on speculation that was built on the speculation that came from seeing slightly out-of-fashion jackets and reading something about genetics. :D

Look, this is fun, and there's nothing wrong with that. I only hope that if the film turns out completely different, people won't be disappointed that it wasn't "their" story being told. That can lead to unfair assessments of the film's quality.

And I thought the clone name theory figured it all out.

Point is.

We confirmed there's a stunt double PLAYING Young Madeleine Swann in the film..

Everyone called me out saying theres no flashback (no proof that there isn't a flashback), so I said well maybe she's a clone then?

Here's the timeline of events surrounding the Young Madeleine.

1) December 2018 casting call for a young blonde girl age 12-15 years off age, double for Lea Seydoux. Must be able to swim.

2) Set photos emerge of a young blonde girl filming on the Bond set. Aged 12-15.

3) Prince Charles visits the set of Bond and the entire cast and crew are uploaded to IMDB.. Featuring... STUNT DOUBLE FOR YOUNG MADELEINE SWANN.

A good friend of mine has his own youtube show called the james bond show. He actually knows the stunt double and she confirmed she is playing young maddy in the film.

Anyone who says this is false is obviously in denial.

It is probably the only concrete thing we have about the plot.

But there are still serious holes in the flashback theory:

1. IMDB once listed Nolan's "Syncopy" as the production company for Bond 25. IMDB is not the end all and be all of pre-production and production notes. And given EON's stranglehold on just about everything related to this film, it is difficult to swallow that (if true) they would allow that character's reveal in IMDB.
    2. The girl's jacket, the pursuer's jacket, the pursuer's gun...all contemporary.
    3. Malek's "movement coach" was on location during that shoot to coordinate the double...which suggests the pursuer is Malek's character...who'd have to be very young at that time...probably too young. Malek is just four years older than Seydoux, btw.
    4. Going into the mind of a supporting characetr, in the manner of a flashback, takes us away from the focus of any Bond film: James Bond. Cinematically, this is risky.
    5. If the DNA/cloning storyline is indeed true, then the girl could very well be a 'young Madeliene." Not sure this is to be trusted, either.

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 12,988

"Women? Children?"... ;)

Spectre session. I took Mr. White's later outrage as recalling the Human Trafficking element.
    ...pharmacy sites has provided an excellent new sales platform. We have adapted many of them into clearinghouses for unapproved drugs. In addition to which, the latest figures show that we presently control 70% of antimalarial vaccines, 34% of H.I.V., and 40% of all oncological drugs across Sub-Saharan Africa. But we face challenges from the WHO in their campaign against our counterfeit pharmaceuticals. We have now identified the key individuals to target.
    We expect the same success as we had against the Council on Human Trafficking.
    Since the board's resignation... we have placed 160,000 migrated females into the leisure sector.
    The impending completion of the Global Surveillance initiative... will mean our capability
    is second to none... and now is the moment for aggressive expansion.

The news is only good...

It also recalls the bold mention of the Macau sex trade with OO7 recognizing Sévérine's tattoo.

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited August 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Oh please you guys would throw a fit back in 2016/2017 if EON productions announced they were following up with a sequel to spectre in 2020, the fact that there was an original story/treatment to use by Boyle and Hodge makes it worse.
    Makes what worse? Are you really gonna ruin your experience of this film because of a story/film, you will never see or probably ever hear about? Yes, Danny Boyle was a great filmmaker but in my eyes he's slipped. Fukunaga is much more fresh and exciting for the franchise, and honestly I think this film would've been a sequel of some kind whoever was at the helm.
    It’s probably Madeline’s daughter in the Norway sequence and she’s has something malek wants. Dosent fukunaga use kids in a lot of his films ?
    edited August 2019 Posts: 4,343
    Oh please you guys would throw a fit back in 2016/2017 if EON productions announced they were following up with a sequel to spectre in 2020, the fact that there was an original story/treatment to use by Boyle and hodge makes it worse.

Always been a big SP fan, so... no.

Plus, I never been quite a fan of Boyle's direction. Never liked too much his style, neither the concept behind most of his works and I never saw him as a good fit for Bond. He would've made a unique kind of Bond movie, that's for sure, but since nothing happened it's impossible to say. The rest is fantasy, dreams and speculation.

On the other hand, reality is that - even if someone hated SP - picking up from the latest film and diving more in some characters doesn't mean they are making SP 2. Especially since we have a brand new director and writers working in the film. Is that so difficult to get?

Bond 25 marks the Bond film with the highest numbers of newcomers working in the franchise in their respective chief-department roles since Dr. No. What are we talking about?

Always been a big SP fan, so... no.

Plus, I never been quite a fan of Boyle's direction. Never liked too much his style, neither the concept behind most of his works and I never saw him as a good fit for Bond. He would've made a unique kind of Bond movie, that's for sure, but since nothing happened it's impossible to say. The rest is fantasy, dreams and speculation.

On the other hand, reality is that - even if someone hated SP - picking up from the latest film and diving more in some characters doesn't mean they are making SP 2. Especially since we have a brand new director and writers working in the film. Is that so difficult to get?

Bond 25 marks the Bond film with the highest numbers of newcomers working in the franchise in their respective chief-department roles since Dr. No. What are we talking about?

As someone who does not enjoy spectre, this is what gives me confidence in bond 25.

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I’ll be honest, I am quite surprised we haven’t gotten anything a bit juicer regarding the film yet. Even some more official stills would be nice. So far, we only have one of Craig with the Vantage, and one brief BTS video of Jamaica. Hopefully we get something interesting before the month is over.
    I liked spectre and all but still, did we really need to wait nearly 5 years. If spectre were Craig’s last then fine but clearly there was more of the story to be told. Maybe I’m just anxious as I get older
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    @DonnyDB5 I'm sure we'll get loads of stuff when filming has officially wrapped :)
  • EmilioEmilio Palmyra, Nassau
    The MY/Spectre Yacht was in Hydra 2 weeks ago
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Spotted mooring in Sicily. WTF? Benittis boat with jamaican flag. Coincidence?
    HV16O7N.jpg

Is it possible to keep speculation to another thread. There hardly any talk about filming here. Just asking .....
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Matt007 wrote: »
    Is it possible to keep speculation to another thread. There hardly any talk about filming here. Just asking .....

90% of this thread has been speculation so far.

• edited August 2019 Posts: 6,677
    talos7 wrote: »
    One man's dream is another man's nightmare...
    +1
    ;)
    They say filming will start 26th August.

32 sets throughout Matera and other places (like Gravina) are being prepared.
    Unsure if this recent photo that Dali Bensallah posted on Instagram was taken in Italy. But could be....

Do we have any idea if he’s done filming? I also wonder what his henchman tic will be. I hope to god it’s better than the dodgy fingernails they gave Hinx.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 53
    Benny wrote: »
    Dreams about Bond 25 are hardly relevant to this thread. As is Danny Boyle directing. It didn't happen, it's not going to happen. Time to move on.

+1000
    Practically every other page of these threads seems littered by someone waxing lyrical about what might have been. Who might have been cast. Who should have or could have. We have the cast and crew we have because they are the cast and crew that actually wanted to be involved in making this Bond film. Whether that be through desire, compromise or, hell, even money. And I love a discussion or debate as much as the next person but the fact is these are who's making it. These are who we'll see on the credits. And therefore this is the movie I'm looking forward to seeing. Because this is the movie that will happen. Based on reality and not wish fulfilment, or as I suspect is going on - trolling. Anything other should perhaps be posted in a fantasy thread. Rather than the filming one. As it strikes me bewildering that people are already attempting to review a film they've never seen against a film that will never exist.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    My bet about the plot and it's entirely speculative: Malek was an up and coming hitman who could dud not achieve the murder of Mr White and family twenty odd years ago. It still bugs him. Years later, he wants to finish the job out of pride. He's either the head of a rival organisation or a high ranking member of Spectre. Of course if he is the latter, why did he go after White when White was still in the organisation's good books? Maybe Malek joined Spectre afterwards, maybe Blofeld set up the whole operation twenty years ago to manipulate White.

This sounds meaty

Like I said it's entirely speculative.
  • NickThunderballsNickThunderballs Australia
    Station_Z wrote: »

One of those set photos of the "hotel" set show some buildings materials on the floor labelled "CAVE" in big green letters...
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Station_Z wrote: »

One of those set photos of the "hotel" set show some buildings materials on the floor labelled "CAVE" in big green letters...

Great set construction!!!

After all, Vesper deserved a beautiful gravesite. ;)
    Is it just me or does that cemetery photo have a SP feel and tint about it ?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited August 2019 Posts: 8,078
    Feelings like theres been no Bond 25 news in weeks. I thought things were supposed to get going in august... :-w
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden

james-bond-25-hotel-balcony-build-4.jpg
    james-bond-25-hotel-balcony-build-3.jpg
    james-bond-25-hotel-balcony-build-2.jpg
    james-bond-25-hotel-balcony-build.jpg

Articles in italian about the cementary in Parco della Murgia Materana. Can someone translate, please?

https://pressreader.com/italy/corriere-del-mezzogiorno-puglia/20190811/281487867981395

https://pressreader.com/italy/corriere-del-mezzogiorno-puglia/20190811/281805695561299
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    edited August 2019 Posts: 323
    32 sets in Matera area - it doesn't look like PTS scene.
    Yes, PTS scene can have many sets, be very complicated, but specifics of mentioned sets in Matera force to think that they are for different scenes.

I think PTS won't be there. My bet - Norway part.
  • Pavlo wrote: »
    Yes, PTS scene can have many sets, be very complicated, but specifics of mentioned sets in Matera force to think that they are for different scenes.

I'm hoping a car chase in Matera isn't the PTS, too similar to QoS.
    Pavlo wrote: »

I'm hoping a car chase in Matera isn't the PTS, too similar to QoS.

Which came out 12 years ago.

Based on what we know, shooting in Southern Italy doesn't sound too "Craig PTS", or at least we are in for a different kind of PTS. Longer, with more characters moments than usual. 32 sets, the hotel room, the cemetary, the museum, 1200 extra, filming with children, the caves, the Maratea coastline, the wedding (?). It just doesn't sound like a full action bang opening. Sounds more like a very long prologue.