No Time to Die production thread

Comments

matt_u wrote: »
    Pavlo wrote: »
    32 sets in Matera area - it doesn't look like PTS scene.
    Yes, PTS scene can have many sets, be very complicated, but specifics of mentioned sets in Matera force to think that they are for different scenes.

I think PTS won't be there. My bet - Norway part.

I'm hoping a car chase in Matera isn't the PTS, too similar to QoS.

Which came out 12 years ago.

Based on what we know, shooting in Southern Italy doesn't sound too "Craig PTS", or at least we are in for a different kind of PTS. Longer, with more characters moments than usual. 32 sets, the hotel room, the cemetary, the museum, 1200 extra, filming with children, the caves, the Maratea coastline, the wedding (?). It just doesn't sound like a full action bang opening. Sounds more like a very long prologue.

Indeed,maybe they are trying to break TWINE's record.

I have a feeling Matera will feature beyond just the PTS. Seems like they will be doing a lot of filming there.
    It could be both....the PTS and a return to there during the film.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Plus it is already 2 weeks Cary is in Matera working on the sequences. I think we are in for something special.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    It could be both....the PTS and a return to there during the film.

Yes, I am inclined to agree. Whatever happens in the PTS means they have to return to the same location or area later in the film - and several years later. Perhaps to uncover a key clue or information which will lead them back to Norway for the finale.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Plus it is already 2 weeks Cary is in Matera working on the sequences. I think we are in for something special.

How about...

Bond visits Vesper's grave with Leah Sexydoux, I mean Madeline. Just as they walk away, this creep comes out of nowhere and starts shooting at them.

• PavloPavlo Ukraine

We knew that Cary and Linus inspected locations but it doesnt mean that he is in Matera doing prepping. I think there is no time for him and production to do this, he must film and most probably he is shooting movie now in UK and then will come to Italy. It's too big privilege to spend 1-2 weeks only prepping scenes without filming anything. Especially for Bond 25 that has some problems with schedule from the start of production. I think Cary came to Matera, gave instructions and then went back to UK.
    It could well be that the grave scene appears later in the film. Perhaps something befalls Madeleine in the PTS and Bond visits her later in the film...?
    edited August 2019 Posts: 4,343

We knew that Cary and Linus inspected locations but it doesnt mean that he is in Matera doing prepping. I think there is no time for him and production to do this, he must film and most probably he is shooting movie now in UK and then will come to Italy. It's too big privilege to spend 1-2 weeks only prepping scenes without filming anything. Especially for Bond 25 that has some problems with schedule from the start of production. I think Cary came to Matera, gave instructions and then went back to UK.

He was in Maratea 10 days ago. He was spotted in Matera with Linus a week ago and today’s article by Sassilive states that today he’s inspecting the cemetery location. He’s not in the UK, at least not now.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Matt wrote: »
    It could well be that the grave scene appears later in the film. Perhaps something befalls Madeleine in the PTS and Bond visits her later in the film...?

Madeline isn't exactly an "old" flame...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Sanchez is an old flame.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Matera, fuochi di Sant’Eustachio: “necessità impellente di rivedere la decisione della Regione sull’evento”, a dirlo…
    https://materanews.net/eventi-pirotecnici-murgia-materana-braia-si-revochi-divieto-considerando-la-valenza-culturale-degli-spettacoli-pirotecnici-in-particolari-occasioni-nei-territori-di-basilicata/

At the same time, the offices of the Environment Department have, however, given a favorable opinion on the filming of the film 'Bond 25' in the same area of ​​Special Protection, although it is expected that a deflagration will also be carried out in order to simulate an explosion for the scenes film.
    Yes, PTS scene can have many sets, be very complicated, but specifics of mentioned sets in Matera force to think that they are for different scenes.

Based on what we know, shooting in Southern Italy doesn't sound too "Craig PTS", or at least we are in for a different kind of PTS. Longer, with more characters moments than usual. 32 sets, the hotel room, the cemetary, the museum, 1200 extra, filming with children, the caves, the Maratea coastline, the wedding (?). It just doesn't sound like a full action bang opening. Sounds more like a very long prologue.

I hope not. The PTS of TWINE was overlong.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 5,185
    Ludovico wrote: »

I hope not. The PTS of TWINE was overlong.

No, it's just the right size... for me that is.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Just for the record... female double 0 agents are already canon in the franchise...

4yohgtc6xba31.png

There is nothing wrong with this. The kicker is that Nomi will be 007 specifically. It’s just weird for me to associate 007 with anyone but Bond. Still, some people are going way too far and being hateful about it in some corners.

Nomi will be 007 at the beginning of the movie, because Bond has retired from MI 6, and as the photos above show, Lynch will not be the first female 00 agent in the franchise.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 3,169
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    an explosion
    Good. Can't have a Bond movie without things blowing up.

So to accommodate B25 they are lifting the fireworks ban on September 20 for the Feast of Sant Eustachio in Matera, it seems.
    The power of money. :D
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Contraband wrote: »

Articles in italian about the cementary in Parco della Murgia Materana. Can someone translate, please?

https://pressreader.com/italy/corriere-del-mezzogiorno-puglia/20190811/281487867981395

https://pressreader.com/italy/corriere-del-mezzogiorno-puglia/20190811/281805695561299

Really interesting: "In Murgia we have the bridge of Gravina, 37 meters high and 1600th century, there we will have one of the most spectacular scenes of the film. But the big one will come with a motorcycle chase on the roofs of via Muro in Matera"
    ggl007 wrote: »

Articles in italian about the cementary in Parco della Murgia Materana. Can someone translate, please?

https://pressreader.com/italy/corriere-del-mezzogiorno-puglia/20190811/281487867981395

https://pressreader.com/italy/corriere-del-mezzogiorno-puglia/20190811/281805695561299

Really interesting: "In Murgia we have the bridge of Gravina, 37 meters high and 1600th century, there we will have one of the most spectacular scenes of the film. But the big one will come with a motorcycle chase on the roofs of via Muro in Matera"

Nice, thanks @ggl007
    I need as many specific locations as i can get ;)
    I will be there from 08th September till 12th
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    00Agent wrote: »

Nice, thanks @ggl007
    I need as many specific locations as i can get ;)
    I will be there from 08th September till 12th

Do not forget us then! ;)
    Of course not :)
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York

Flashbacks of Skyfall. Not a bad thing!
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 3,169
    Based on what we know, shooting in Southern Italy doesn't sound too "Craig PTS", or at least we are in for a different kind of PTS. Longer, with more characters moments than usual. 32 sets, the hotel room, the cemetary, the museum, 1200 extra
    And we just learned: a motorcycle chase on rooftops. Not too Craig PTS? There was a hotel room in SP, too. And thousand of extras.

Here's my take: We know for a fact that scene 15 takes place at the cabin. That leaves a maximum of 14 scenes for the southern Italy scenes if they take place before. Now, scene 14 in SP is Bond entering Whitehall at the 16 min mark right after the main titles. In both SF and TWINE, the main titles were at the 16 min mark. But SF had a lot more scenes than both TWINE and SP. So judged from what we know about Matera, it's really impossible to tell if the PTS is short or long. It could be the longest in Bond history, or it could be one of the shortest. They spent three months in Turkey just for the 15 minutes PTS of SF.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 4,343
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Based on what we know, shooting in Southern Italy doesn't sound too "Craig PTS", or at least we are in for a different kind of PTS. Longer, with more characters moments than usual. 32 sets, the hotel room, the cemetary, the museum, 1200 extra
    And we just learned: a motorcycle chase on rooftops. Not too Craig PTS? There was a hotel room in SP, too. And thousand of extras.

Here's my take: We know for a fact that scene 15 takes place at the cabin. That leaves a maximum of 14 scenes for the southern Italy scenes if they take place before. Now, scene 14 in SP is Bond entering Whitehall at the 16 min mark right after the main titles. In both SF and TWINE, the main titles were at the 16 min mark. But SF had a lot more scenes than both TWINE and SP. So judged from what we know about Matera, it's really impossible to tell if the PTS is short or long. It could be the longest in Bond history, or it could be one of the shortest. They spent three months in Turkey just for the 15 minutes PTS of SF.

So what? Point is that based on what we know sounds like the supposed PTS may feature a different kind of concept behind it, than QoS, SF or SP that were basically full action. It may feature more characters moment than just an elaborate chase. They are not building an entire hotel room on the top of a building in Matera just for a 10 seconds kiss scene like in SP.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 4,619
    But the big one will come with a motorcycle chase on the roofs of via Muro in Matera"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkK_PxeoQ2g
    They are not building an entire hotel room on the top of a building in Matera just for a 10 seconds kiss scene like in SP.
    The hotel room scene in SP was filmed at Pinewood, and currently we only know of a facade in Matera. It will likely be blown up or destroyed. Maybe a car drives through it, if rumors of a "car chase on the roofs" are correct.

But it's diffcult to speculate on the length of the PTS. That's all I'm saying. Is the PTS fast paced? A slow build-up? Any crossediting to an entirely different location? We know nothing of this, but yes, based on the many locations mentioned, we are certainly not talking QoS runtime here (4 minutes), unless some users are right about the theory about southern Italy will feature later in the movie also.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden

Seems that my find was a gold treasure...

Anything else in the articles worth mentioning?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited August 2019 Posts: 12,459
    Am I the only one on here that does not want a blueprint of the entire PTS and opening sequence of main film? I am skipping over so much on this thread these days (my choice, I know). But I remember going back to the Skyfall production thread after I had seen the film, just to look at what the last few posts were about. And it seemed every single thing, location and explosion, had been mapped out/predicted. Leaving little surprise for the Bond fan sitting in the theater to see it for the first time. Do you all really want that? I mean I LOVE not knowing much at all about what's in store for me.

Because if I sit down in that theater and the film starts, and I have already stuffed my mind with "this happens then" how I can just go with the flow and enjoy the film for its own sake? I would be thinking, at least subconsciously, OK, this is THAT scene, and OK, such and such is coming up next ...
    Last night I had a dream that I was watching Danny Boyle's Bond 25 at the ODEON BFI IMAX in London, the cinema where I had my best movie viewing experience of my life when I watched Skyfall there back in 2012. Boyle's Bond film was a complete home run and the funniest Bond movie ever and I loved it, which is surprising considering I prefer more serious Bond films.

I want to go back into my dream! :(( :((
    I´m sure noone here is keeping you from going back there.

I think on a separate note that at some point we will get an Italian video blog at soonish? But then it will be trailers of which maybe 3 but definitely 2 looking to the future.