Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

barryt007 wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Hardy is disgusting-looking, IMO, and a trouble for any production and fellow actors. He looks like he’s been through a sewer. No Hardy, please.

All IMO, of course.

Care to elaborate? Is he known for being a difficult person to work with?

I’ve read he can be difficult in promoting his films. In fact, if we think Dan is shy and coy, we’d be in trouble with “I-just-dont-give-a-damn-Hardy”. And many actors are rumoured to not getting along with him, Theron in M.Max and even Craig in Layer Cake come to mind, but I may be mistaken, as I can’t remember where I read this.

I find him overrated and plain ugly and thuggish. A baby-mouth bruit with bad hair.

Like I said, all IMO ;)

I've never ever heard that Hardy is difficult to work with,and I follow his career quite closely.

That's surprising. He's known for being very difficult. He's had fights with people on set and often tries to muscle out directors. He's meant to be very volatile and short-tempered. He's a bit of thug.

However, he's a terrific actor and has an amazing screen presence. He was comparable to a young Marlon Brando a few years ago. But a bit like Johnny Depp - Hardy's shtick has grown old. Everything he does is just a parody of his Bronson role,just replete with more and more ridiculous accents. I'm kinda over him (especially after Venom).

Someone who I always felt channelled the energy of peak Tom Hardy was Jack O'Connell. Granted he is a little on the short side. But O'Connell has that fiery intensity and fearlessness that characterised Hardy as a performer a few years back. There's certainly a charismatic thug in O'Connell and he has a certain sex appeal.

In many respects, he seems like a cross between Sean Connery and Tom Hardy.

I think he's a 'star' waiting to happen If were looking to recast in 2022, then O'Connell would be 32 and will likely be more mature looking. I think he's destined for big things and Oscar nominations. So keep your eyes peeled.......

• JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    edited August 2019 Posts: 1,318
    Tbf, I don't really care anymore about this thread, as there is only truly one next Bond possible and that's Turner. Not imo, not ymmv, it is what is. Cheerio chaps. In all seriousness though, actually no, I am serious. I will not make any concessions this time around :D
    Hardy is disgusting-looking, IMO, and a trouble for any production and fellow actors. He looks like he’s been through a sewer. No Hardy, please.

All IMO, of course.

Care to elaborate? Is he known for being a difficult person to work with?

I’ve read he can be difficult in promoting his films. In fact, if we think Dan is shy and coy, we’d be in trouble with “I-just-dont-give-a-damn-Hardy”. And many actors are rumoured to not getting along with him, Theron in M.Max and even Craig in Layer Cake come to mind, but I may be mistaken, as I can’t remember where I read this.

I find him overrated and plain ugly and thuggish. A baby-mouth bruit with bad hair.

Like I said, all IMO ;)

That's news to me. I guess a lot of actors can be difficult to work with though.
    Henry Holding as the next Bond. Book it lads. He would be incredible.
  • I was just reading people in this thread saying that the producers are probably going to be influenced by fan opinion. I'd like to point out though that the fan favorites for the next Bond actor vary depending on what forum you're at or where you go. For instance, on the James Bond sub on Reddit, the fan favorite and the name that always gets upvoted more than anybody is Richard Madden. On here he is hardy ever mentioned. People on Reddit tend to be younger, so I'd imagine there are way more Game of Thrones fans. That's the only reason I could think of.

Anyways, Madden wouldn't be my top choice based on looks, but I'm kind of surprised he's never mentioned here, even though people like Dornan and that little O'Connell guy are.

2.41130810-696x939.jpg

Coming from a show like GoT and being more popular among a younger demographic has got to put him up there in consideration, you'd think.

Also, Tom Hughes did some sort of photo shoot a little while back, and he looks pretty Bondian, IMO. Still kind of thin though...

5cd146c92b89e.jpeg

More pictures here:

https://squaremile.com/features/tom-hughes-interview/
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Henry Holding as the next Bond. Book it lads. He would be incredible.

Unable to find him on IMDB @Benjamin_Weekly69
    Any films or tv shows he’s been in we can check him out in?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited August 2019 Posts: 7,969
    Tbf, I don't really care anymore about this thread, as there is only truly one next Bond possible and that's Turner. Not imo, not ymmv, it is what is. Cheerio chaps. In all seriousness though, actually no, I am serious. I will not make any concessions this time around :D
    +1
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I was just reading people in this thread saying that the producers are probably going to be influenced by fan opinion. I'd like to point out though that the fan favorites for the next Bond actor vary depending on what forum you're at or where you go. For instance, on the James Bond sub on Reddit, the fan favorite and the name that always gets upvoted more than anybody is Richard Madden. On here he is hardy ever mentioned. People on Reddit tend to be younger, so I'd imagine there are way more Game of Thrones fans. That's the only reason I could think of.

Anyways, Madden wouldn't be my top choice based on looks, but I'm kind of surprised he's never mentioned here, even though people like Dornan and that little O'Connell guy are.

2.41130810-696x939.jpg

Coming from a show like GoT and being more popular among a younger demographic has got to put him up there in consideration, you'd think.

Also, Tom Hughes did some sort of photo shoot a little while back, and he looks pretty Bondian, IMO. Still kind of thin though...

5cd146c92b89e.jpeg

More pictures here:

Madden sort of looks the part, is his acting any good?
    I was just reading people in this thread saying that the producers are probably going to be influenced by fan opinion. I'd like to point out though that the fan favorites for the next Bond actor vary depending on what forum you're at or where you go. For instance, on the James Bond sub on Reddit, the fan favorite and the name that always gets upvoted more than anybody is Richard Madden. On here he is hardy ever mentioned. People on Reddit tend to be younger, so I'd imagine there are way more Game of Thrones fans. That's the only reason I could think of.

2.41130810-696x939.jpg

5cd146c92b89e.jpeg

More pictures here:

Madden sort of looks the part, is his acting any good?

I still haven't got round to watching him in the Bodyguard yet, but the reviews were good for that show.

2.41130810-696x939.jpg

5cd146c92b89e.jpeg

More pictures here:

I'd prefer a taller Bond, so between these two I'd go for Tom Hughes. I might be in a minority about this, but having a slightly slimmer Bond wouldn't bother me.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    Hughes auditioning for Bond
    businessman-with-light-bulb-head-eps-vectors_csp7842523.jpg
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited August 2019 Posts: 4,043
    Hughes auditioning for Bond
    businessman-with-light-bulb-head-eps-vectors_csp7842523.jpg

Oh! hilarious, you are a funny fella!

Hughes is as good an actor if not better than Turner.

To be honest if Turner got it I'd give him a chance but I think it's too soon and I could see being none of the ones that are getting touted at the moment.

DC wasn't a fan favourite and I would be betting you didn't even know who he was till he came on the Bond radar.

Personally I'd prefer Hughes or Dan Stevens over Turner but that is my opinion but I'm not going to come on here all the time like some propagandist going on about my preferred choice for infinitum like you Tuner fanboys.

It's nice to see other actors put forward this isn't a once horse race as some of you fans of Poldark make out.

Turner being Bond is far from a done deal, Turner has a good chance of being the next Clive Owen, too much too soon.

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I didn't realize Tom Hughes is the guy from that Victoria show playing Albert. tbh I don't think the fotoshoot does him justice. He could be a very good Bond if you ask me. Looks the part, is definately a very good actor. He could bring the role back to a Connery/Moore mix.
    (wouldn't mind JennaColeman as Bondgirl either)
    jenna-coleman-and-tom-hughes-a.jpg
    Shardlake wrote: »
    I'm not going to come on here all the time like some propagandist going on about my preferred choice for infinitum like you Tuner fanboys.

It's nice to see other actors put forward this isn't a once horse race as some of you fans of Poldark make out.

Turner being Bond is far from a done deal, Turner has a good chance of being the next Clive Owen, too much too soon.

It's just a game, old sport. None of us are delusional about it, trust me. It's been all fun and games. I'd love it if Turner ends up being Bond, but I'm no fanboy. Not of him, not of Craig, not of anybody, really. Maybe of Connery and Moore, and some others who have legend status. But not of any current actor. I find that to be a dangerous game. Now, this one we're playing here, this game of thrones, it's mostly just for fun. As, IMO, it should be.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited August 2019 Posts: 8,493
    Turner has a good chance of being the next Clive Owen, too much too soon.

That's what he has felt like to me @Shardlake .

In the end, I see I guy with a fantastic body, for sure; handsome, obviously-- but he seems to have only two or three faces to him, like Clive Owen (although he has the dramatic rumbles of a stage actor in his voice-- that no one could accuse Owen of having-- but I still think is wrong for Bond, IMHO ("he knew all about us, about my shooooowlder"; "Delllllllllllllllllahhhhhhhhhhhhhh".))
    peter wrote: »
    Turner has a good chance of being the next Clive Owen, too much too soon.

That's what he has felt like to me @Shardlake .

In the end, I see I guy with a fantastic body, for sure; handsome, obviously-- but he seems to have only two or three faces to him, like Clive Owen (although he has the dramatic rumbles of a stage actor in his voice-- that no one could accuse Owen of having-- but I still think is wrong for Bond, IMHO ("he knew all about us, about my shooooowlder"; "Delllllllllllllllllahhhhhhhhhhhhhh".))

I do think one one difference is, whether it matters or not, is that even though he’s played it smartly, close to the vest , I think Turner wants it more than Owen ever did; In fact, I don’t think Owen wanted it at all .

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    The whole "Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" thing is overplayed..... by Dalton's detractors. It really isn't like you make it out to be.

I still want Scott Adkins as Bond, i'm alone in that, but there's my choice.
    Luke-Evans.jpg

Luke Evans is still my preferred choice for the role, but again, age will be an issue.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 19,339
    I don't have a firm choice tbh,i don't think any of these actors will get the role.
    Part of me still thinks B26 will be made quickly after B25 and Craig will come back for one more,to equal Connery's 6.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    The whole "Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" thing is overplayed..... by Dalton's detractors. It really isn't like you make it out to be.

I still want Scott Adkins as Bond, i'm alone in that, but there's my choice.

I'm not a Dalton detractor; I very much like him. I just don't like that scene-- not entirely his fault. The way it was shot with the swelling melodramatic music. It just looked, and sounded, uncomfortable.

But as a whole, I rate both TLD and LTK very high.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 1,661
    Richard Madden's career may get a big boost if his forthcoming Marvel superhero film: 'The Eternals' is a big success. However, it could limit his chances of becoming Bond. If Eternals is a big hit it will spawn sequels and make him unavailable? Perhaps.

The earliest we'll get Bond 26 is 2022 and that seems rather unlikely given the long gaps of recent Bond films. 2023 seems more likely. Wild guess, of course. If Craig does retire next year the next actor is likely to be cast in 2022. I reckon one or two new faces will pop up in the next two and bit years.
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    Richard Madden's career may get a big boost if his forthcoming Marvel superhero film: 'The Eternals' is a big success. However, it could limit his chances of becoming Bond. If Eternals is a big hit it will spawn sequels and make him unavailable? Perhaps.

The earliest we'll get Bond 26 is 2022 and that seems rather unlikely given the long gaps of recent Bond films. 2023 seems more likely. Wild guess, of course. If Craig does retire next year the next actor is likely to be cast in 2022. I reckon one or two new faces will pop up in the next two and bit years.

I think the intention is to get Bond 26 in cinemas for November 2022 - the 60th anniversary. Eon have had a huge amount of success with 'anniversary' films at the box office. This would also be two-and-half years from Bond 25.

Craig's return is dependent on Bond 25's story and box office. There may even be a scenario where both Craig and CJF return still......

However, I think Eon will mix things up with Bond 26. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a Netflix or Apple release....I think the intention will be to get a young actor and do one every two years to compete with the 'cinematic universe' slate and potentially develop spin-offs with Lynch, Harris and Whishaw inbetween.

Not against Tom Hughes. But I think we should dream a little bigger than Tom Hughes. It's an iconic role after all......Tom Hughes seems more of an 'Alden Ehrenreich' choice.

I think it's a great shame that Pattinson is the new Batman as he perfectly fits the bill of someone with some raw intensity. Maybe someone we are not giving enough attention to Aaron Taylor-Johnson? Is he too boring and safe?

5312c106c7e63d4fb73ec00781455cdf--aaron-taylor-johnson-taylors.jpg

I'd still rather have Pattinson.....

d06ceec14b04be236ec2cc4c5aeb7794.jpg
    If B26 comes out in 2022 then I would think Craig would come back for an anniversary film,and to equal Connery's 6 films.

It all depends how B25 ends - it might end so finally for Craig's Bond that he CANT come back.
    Thank God that Pattinson was cast as Batman ; it greatly slashes the likelihood of his being Bond.
    As far as Aaron Taylor-Johnson, the producers could save a fortune by placing a plank of wood in a tuxedo .
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Luke-Evans.jpg

Luke Evans is still my preferred choice for the role, but again, age will be an issue.

Yes, I don't champion for him that often because I know I'll be disappointed with them not choosing him because of his age. He'd be formidable, IMO. Actually, I'd prefer him over Turner. He's the right age, IMO, and will still be the right age in 2 or 3 or even 4 years. He's the right height (1,83m), right looks, voice, ...

2331a5e9ec24670fe74ef62e03605534.jpg
    talos7 wrote: »
    Thank God that Pattinson was cast as Batman ; it greatly slashes the likelihood of his being Bond.
    As far as Aaron Taylor-Johnson, the producers could save a fortune by placing a plank of wood in a tuxedo .

My feelings exactly. What a boring, boring choice he'd be.
    Luke-Evans.jpg

Yes, I don't champion for him that often because I know I'll be disappointed with them not choosing him because of his age. He'd be formidable, IMO. Actually, I'd prefer him over Turner. He's the right age, IMO, and will still be the right age in 2 or 3 or even 4 years. He's the right height (1,83m), right looks, voice, ...

All true. If only he was a few years younger. The only way I could see Evans or any of the 40-ish age old candidates getting the part, would be if they only did 2-3 films. Will EON want that? I doubt it.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Luke-Evans.jpg

All true. If only he was a few years younger. The only way I could see Evans or any of the 40-ish age old candidates getting the part, would be if they only did 2-3 films. Will EON want that? I doubt it.

If Evan were to do 2 or 3, I'd want that. But I doubt they would.
    Luke-Evans.jpg

Yes, unfortunately. I wouldn't be against a 2-3 film run for each actor myself – regardless of the actors' age.
    Luke-Evans.jpg

Yes, unfortunately. I wouldn't be against a 2-3 film run for each actor myself – regardless of the actors' age.

I don't care for these long tenures. And don't get me talking about this era continuity between films. So if they returned to a 2-3 film run with a brilliant actor between his 40 and 50s, I'd be more than happy.