The James Bond Wardrobe/Style Thread

Comments

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I don't know how more aren't in agreement about his suits in SP being too tight. He looks like he's going to tear through his clothes once he lands on the couch during the PTS, and didn't someone mention yesterday that apparently his pants ripped during a scene he was shooting? The suits DO look nice, and he still has an assortment of terrific outfits in the film, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't negate the fact that they're way too tight to be worn by a secret agent engaging in lots of physical activity.

Here's my sense. On screen, when he's moving in them, I simply do not notice it. Sure, they look slim, but I have seen a lot of men in slimmer than that, even.

It's the stills or production shots where it's noticeable to me, and that's because I am specifically focusing on the suits.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Hi guys,

Does anyone know how the JV Suede Racer jacket fits? I'm not sure if I should get a M or L.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Does anyone know how the JV Suede Racer jacket fits? I'm not sure if I should get a M or L.

I know ajb forums have vast amoubt of members who collect all the clothes anf stuff and there are hundreds of pages about all the differnt items and outfits so you vabt go wrong on there mate.
  • Craig has had a few good suits but what I like about how they've dressed his Bond is the non suit outfits. Can't picture Brosnan in chinos or jeans and a polo shirt but Craig nails it and it makes him come across as a more rounded, real character imo.

I agree with those saying the SF and SP suits are too tight. I really liked the suits in Kingsman because unlike Brosnan's banker suits or Craig's school prom suits, they seemed very timeless and English in style and fit. I'd like them to take inspiration from that as well as more cool casualwear outfits. Oh and I'd love to see Bond in combat gear again, like Dalton in TLD or Brosnan in GE. It's been too long. Dress him for battle and have him break into some sort of military base.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Hi guys,

@DonnyDB5, David Zaritsky did a nice overview discussing the jacket, its material, stitching and fit if you want to check it out:

I don't know how close his measurements are to yours, but perhaps the video will give you a better idea of what you want to know as opposed to ordering something blind.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I had no idea Craig wore JV in SPECTRE.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    jake24 wrote: »
    I had no idea Craig wore JV in SPECTRE.

He wears a great deal of brands, and at times is at the peak of his Bond style. That Brunello Cucinelli suit he wears in Morocco alone is something I'd love to have in my closet. He wears it all exceptionally, and we even get to see him in the polos he's made a trademark of his Bond that were missing from SF.
    Hi guys,

@DonnyDB5, David Zaritsky did a nice overview discussing the jacket, its material, stitching and fit if you want to check it out:

I don't know how close his measurements are to yours, but perhaps the video will give you a better idea of what you want to know as opposed to ordering something blind.

Ah, thank you! Should've known David would have something posted.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Oh and I'd love to see Bond in combat gear again, like Dalton in TLD or Brosnan in GE. It's been too long. Dress him for battle and have him break into some sort of military base.

Oh yes. Dig the way both Bonds look in those outfits. (I'm a big fan of military-inspired clothing, but I tend to end up looking as if I've raided the bin behind an army surplus store.)
    For anyone that has the JV Suede Racer jacket, did you weatherproof it at all or use a Suede protector spray?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited December 2018 Posts: 12,459
    So this has an article from June of this year on Skyfall suits ... and a lot more. This is an interesting site.
    https://www.bondsuits.com/category/the-films/skyfall/

I swear there is another thread on fashion/clothes not just on Bond ... old one ...
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2018 Posts: 23,883
    One day I hope these people get back to Savile Row and dump the nouveau designers. There really is no substitute for decent tailoring, which can flatter the body, irrespective of the fashion trends of the day (even with the wider lapels, ties and thicker collars, Rog looks the business in LALD & TMWTGG). Nobody did it better than Anthony Sinclair, Cyril Castle and Dimi Major imho.
    jYigd1w.jpg
    oaonj3h.jpg
    oREctyM.jpg
    bondjames wrote: »
    One day I hope these people get back to Savile Row and dump the nouveau designers. There really is no substitute for decent tailoring, which can flatter the body, irrespective of the fashion trends of the day (even with the wider lapels, ties and thicker collars, Rog looks the business in LALD & TMWTGG). Nobody did it better than Anthony Sinclair, Cyril Castle and Dimi Major imho.

jYigd1w.jpg
    oaonj3h.jpg
    oREctyM.jpg

These suits are just incredible. Only a few minor changes needed to make them look like the ultimate wardrobe for a 2018 Bond.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

jYigd1w.jpg
    oaonj3h.jpg
    oREctyM.jpg

These suits are just incredible. Only a few minor changes needed to make them look like the ultimate wardrobe for a 2018 Bond.

No change needed at all for Connery s suits.
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 17,241

jYigd1w.jpg
    oaonj3h.jpg
    oREctyM.jpg

Well, I don't think the double forward pleats on the pants would feature.
    gf-3pc-main1.jpg
    frwl8-cl3-trou.jpg
    Connery-Trousers-640x413.jpg
    I just remembered I should have spoiler tagged the above. Sorry about that.

It's true about the trousers though. Now it's gone entirely the other way however, with a ridiculously slim look in vogue.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Is the policy really that EON copyrighted images are ok as long as they are in spoiler tags?

Is the policy really that EON copyrighted images are ok as long as they are in spoiler tags?
    Just reread it and you're right. I suppose I should have linked to the external host then, although I combined the images myself.

jYigd1w.jpg
    oaonj3h.jpg
    oREctyM.jpg

gf-3pc-main1.jpg
    frwl8-cl3-trou.jpg

Well, I usually have mine made with single pleats. At least the three piece ones. It's the six button vest I object against, I always prefer it with five. And with no lapels, on the vest, I mean. That GF suit was perhaps the least Fleming's Bond attire of the lot back then. I love it anyway, it's a brilliant piece of tailoring.

It's true about the trousers though. Now it's gone entirely the other way however, with a ridiculously slim look in vogue.

Yes, it certainly has. Wonder what's next. Conan style jeggings?

osskqp.gif
    Univex wrote: »

jYigd1w.jpg
    oaonj3h.jpg
    oREctyM.jpg

gf-3pc-main1.jpg
    frwl8-cl3-trou.jpg

Well, I usually have mine made with single pleats. At least the three piece ones. It's the six button vest I object against, I always prefer it with five. And with no lapels, on the vest, I mean. That GF suit was perhaps the least Fleming's Bond attire of the lot back then. I love it anyway, it's a brilliant piece of tailoring.

Definitely love that suit , but I guess it wouldn't feature in a modern day Bond film. Single pleats may do though. I'm sure I've even seen single pleats on casual pants recently.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    The filming of Wonder Woman 1984 wrapped in December, so Lindy Hemming might be available now. I wouldn't mind having her back as costume designer.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    This just popped up on my Fb feed

The Vesper Polo
    Hipster wedding outfit :D

daniel-craig-sur-tournage-nouveau-james-bond-time-die-italie-septembre-2019_width1024.jpg
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England

daniel-craig-sur-tournage-nouveau-james-bond-time-die-italie-septembre-2019_width1024.jpg

How is this hipster? It’s fairly classic suit summer wear. Yes braces are usually reserved for winter suits, but it works.
    suavejmf wrote: »

How is this hipster? It’s fairly classic suit summer wear. Yes braces are usually reserved for winter suits, but it works.

Listen, the colour scheme is alright, but corduroy in summer is a bitch, no matter how thin, and that's why Craig's been taking his coat off every other take.

What bugs me is using a tie with a shirt with buttons on the collar. That's a big no no. I've only seen Americans do it. It's its as poor taste as it gets. If those suspenders were being used with a clip on, I'd say the same. Fortunately they're not, and they're quite classy and retro.

I prefer his other sunglasses, the tortoise round ones he's been wearing while shooting some scenes. They're even nicer than the Barton Perreira Joe's he's wearing in the London scenes. The Vuarnet don't do much for me, I'm afraid, not these and not the awful round ones he's wearing in the Norway V8Vantage shoot and in the Knifes Out press events. They just don't suit his face, IMO.

The watch isn't the same white-faced Omega he had by the end of SP. Seems like an Aqua Terra to me, which is fine, he had one in SF. The new 300 with the metal mesh isn't very classy, again IMO. I much prefer the one who has been linked to Craig since his day one as Bond, the Planet Ocean.

There are some things that will forever be linked to Craig's Bond: the shawl collared cardigans with the beige pants, the Clarks desert boots, the Omega Planet Ocean, the Tom Ford suits, the return of the nato straps (although that'll be forever a Connery's Bond thing and not Craig's),... And I'm sad to say I haven't seen those during the NTTD shoot. They're trying some different things. Not saying they won't work, but the iconic bit of Craig's Bond is well established by now, I'd say. And these new choices won't be it.

That being said, even the Prince of Wales patterned suit he wears in London is nice but not as nice as the one, say, Lazenby wore in OHMSS. And that tie pin may be a nice good looking detail but James Bond would never wear one. And even Craig's Bond wouldn't wear one, again IMO.

And if that double sided brown jacket The Bond Experience showed is what he'll wear in Norway, I won't be very happy with it either, as it is tacky as hell.

Hey, just my two cents. I suppose many sartorial fellow fans will have their own opinions.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    That's a cool pic.
    jake24 wrote: »
    That's a cool pic.
    It is.

Who here thinks Craig's bodyguard follows him to his hairdresser/barber every single time? ;)

It's not the braces. To me, the outfit as a whole gives off the hipster vibe.

Corduroy suit is hardly a classic summer wear. Linen is much more appropriate.

I agree with @Univex. It's an OK idea, not so much the way it's executed.

It's not the braces. To me, the outfit as a whole gives off the hipster vibe.

Corduroy suit is hardly a classic summer wear. Linen is much more appropriate.

I agree with @Univex. It's an OK idea, not so much the way it's executed.

A linen suit with a blue shirt (with no buttons on its collar) and those suspenders would be awesome. No tie. But if a tie were required, maybe a blue one as well, to go with the ensemble?
    Agreed. A navy blue tie would be perfect, although I'm not against a burgundy tie.
    This navy/red one looks good.

54429283_599539580562172_3612718029422225359_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fbeg1-1.fna.fbcdn.net&_nc_cat=104