No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• edited July 2019 Posts: 3,169
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Perhaps Bond will drive it after all.
    No, the Valhalla is 007's car! Bond is driving the V8:
    71154986.jpg?imageId=71154986&x=11.163062536528&y=23.488168273444&cropw=37.580362361192&croph=26.205083260298&width=643&height=300
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    It's really a stupid looking car in the context of a Bond film. Not sure why they chose it at all.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    jake24 wrote: »
    It's really a stupid looking car in the context of a Bond film. Not sure why they chose it at all.

Agreed. Barely resembles an Aston.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Samar vessel is in Split https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/data/?asset_type=voyage_timeline&columns=shipname,event,timestamp,event_content,area,area_local,speed,course,lat,lon,show_on_map&quicksearch|begins|SAMAR|quicksearch_vessel=3941503&timestamp_between|range_date|timestamp_between=2019-07-23,2019-07-25

???

Croatia again, then?

Standing in for Belgium.
    Gosh, if that were true... ;)

So, a boat... Might we get Bond in naval uniform after all? I don't care what they do in the rest of the film, I just want Daniel to have his Commander moment.

Also: I suppose it makes sense if the car belongs to Nomi. It doesn't need to be very 'Bond', that's what probably makes the contrast between the two characters even greater. My guess is that the Valhalla is a well-thought out stylistic choice.

However, this would mean Nomi is involved in the London, Jamaica and Norway scenes, with a rumoured appearance in Italy too. That's, eh, perhaps a bit much for a character Bond is not going to have a romantic relationship with, if we believe the tabloids...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I doubt the Valhalla will be in Italy.
    This sure came out of nowhere:
    Not necessarily newsworthy, but I don't think we'd heard anything about this particular yacht before this.

First thought was Disco Volante!!
    Very cool indeed!

Still shocked how we know approximately zero about any of the action sequences in Bond 25. With Spectre we knew before they even started shooting about Mexico helicopters, Rome car chases and planes in Austria.

It's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo quiet with Bond 25.

I suppose we are aware of a car chase in Italy and a foot chase in Cuba. But they are both just rumoured and zero details are known about them

Pictures below of Scotland. Getting a Fallout vibe:

67227532_10219416080098882_5824087464259616768_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQnU4Rm2xdh8b1JACkEYhQdVQi_kNWXuq-drGMfT2IesN1lJY02BTw288GAjHPjl88nbjNCgTMYbHiFax3dBSopG&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=53438f39927a7a5aeeb187470f5240d8&oe=5DE6E50E

67326819_10219416079178859_6601823256070586368_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQmov6mICvKlOADFG88QM_N9-qBqg5LR_QfTG53abTIZ9VuBqdPZI9mBO86C-p8IW1oVKG8A8KoUuN3b2ZqjL6Zw&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=15b5084480a1fed4621176c2e9612ed1&oe=5DA84D89

I know it is a more modern helicopter, but that photo gives me FRWL flashbacks.

jake, I am convinced that it belongs to Nomi?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I’m shocked they still haven’t revealed the title.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited July 2019 Posts: 7,526

We have no idea what the story is, so we have no context whatsoever. High performance car racing could feature somehow, and then maybe the Valhalla will fit right in.
    Remember that Fleming had it that Bond’s only hobby was car racing.
  • infoviseinfovise Ireland
    Maybe Rami's character escapes Bond in the helicopter and lands on his yacht. The helicopter on the yacht looks similar to the ones in the other pictures.
    infovise wrote: »
    Maybe Rami's character escapes Bond in the helicopter and lands on his yacht. The helicopter on the yacht looks similar to the ones in the other pictures.

Nah, I think it's a different model. But could be used to double for the other while landed.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Looks like we're getting a traditional finale :)
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited July 2019 Posts: 4,343

In the context of a Craig film feels unusual, yes.
    But hey, remember that we’re also talking about a Bond movie with a black female lead who’s playing 007, so we are witnessing a lot of new stuff goin around here.
    This choice for this hybrid hyper car as Nomi’s ride (which sounds likely) makes sense to me, since they are 100% goin to play with the notion of her being the new while Bond’s being the old that loves vintage cars and the old ways.
    Since SF and especially SP from a thematically standpoint were a lot about Bond being a keeper of the values of tradition - against the brave new world and the nihilistic views of the past of SPECTRE and Blofeld - this supposed character contrast between the old macho spy vs the contemporary strong female / high-tech / green friendly spy makes perfect sense.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    we need a trailer and title.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    matt_u wrote: »

But hey, remember that we’re also talking about a Bond movie with a black female lead who’s playing 007, so we are witnessing a lot of new stuff goin around here.
    This choice for this hybrid hyper car as Nomi’s ride (which sounds likely) makes sense to me, since they are 100% goin to play with the notion of her being the new while Bond’s being the old that loves vintage cars and the old ways.
    Since SF and especially SP from a thematically standpoint were a lot about Bond being a keeper of the values of tradition - against the brave new world and the nihilistic views of the past of SPECTRE and Blofeld - this supposed character contrast between the old macho spy vs the contemporary strong female / high-tech / green friendly spy makes perfect sense.

It seems to me that EON is continuing with more of the theme of young ways/old ways, new/traditonal, modern/antiquated.
    edited July 2019 Posts: 4,343
    TripAces wrote: »

It seems to me that EON is continuing with more of the theme of young ways/old ways, new/traditonal, modern/antiquated.

Yep.

In a way, sounds like they are trying to justify the presence of someone like Bond in a world he doesn't quite belong to anymore. It all depends on the script, since there's a narrative potential but that kind of topic mustn't feel forced. In SF, for example, the "old ways are the best" mantra felt quite tedious since it was brought up too many times throughout the film, even if it was the concept behind the whole project.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 4,619
    . Not sure why they chose it at all.
    The reason seems obvious: Money.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Very cool indeed!

Still shocked how we know approximately zero about any of the action sequences in Bond 25. With Spectre we knew before they even started shooting about Mexico helicopters, Rome car chases and planes in Austria.

It's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo quiet with Bond 25.
    SP had leaked scripts, so many here knew exactly what was going on and when.
    . Not sure why they chose it at all.
    The reason seems obvious: Money.

Or because it's their latest model. It is not their most beautiful car, but hypercars are almost never that. And AM is still not entirely saved. The DBX will take care of that.

Should they have gone the Gotham way? With old cars and cellphones from the nineties?

Should they have gone the Gotham way? With old cars and cellphones from the nineties?

You’re missing the point.

I quite like SF. But all of this has nothing to do with B25, of which we still don't know anything about. \:D/
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Why do you need a trailer and a title, @007Blofeld? Which world-threatening crisis will be called upon us if you have to wait another month?

I quite like SF. But all of this has nothing to do with B25, of which we still don't know anything about. \:D/

I liked SF too.

Point is, I don't think the concept of the movie will be Bond vs the young, so to speak, but the fact that we have movie with a premise such as Bond being retired with a young, female, new 007 taking his job at MI6 is something that will 100% create narrative material. It's such an obvious inherent contrast, quite exciting if you ask me. Especially after two movies that were defined by the topic of Bond being a caretaker of tradition.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I love those images. They look spectacular.
    Funny thing: every Bond film, except for DN and TMWTGG (if I'm not mistaken) features at least one helicopter. ;)

Who needs an helicopter when you have a flying car @DarthDimi?

Why do you need a trailer and a title, @007Blofeld? Which world-threatening crisis will be called upon us if you have to wait another month?

It's already here. Boris became PM.

It's already here. Boris became PM.

Because Boris is invincible!

On a more serious tone, could the helicopters be for a scene inspired by the climax of DAF? I'm talking of the novel of course. Although come to think of it so was most likely the climax in SP.
    So cool seeing the Valhalla getting chased by a helicopter! Reminds me of TSWLM!!!!!!

I was initially rather surprised by the Valhalla's inclusion. It seemed 'too sporty' for a Bond film.

Bond often drives more elegant vehicles - arguably, they are a little on the dainty and precious side.

However, the Valhalla has really won me over. It has a really cool, dangerous look. Plus, I think Nomi will drive it and it will be used to contrast the new younger 007 against the older 007 in the V8. Smart idea.

aston-martin-003-geneva-2019-12.jpg

aston-martin-003-geneva-2019-33.jpg
    So cool seeing the Valhalla getting chased by a helicopter! Reminds me of TSWLM!!!!!!

I was initially rather surprised by the Valhalla's inclusion. It seemed 'too sporty' for a Bond film.

Bond often drives more elegant vehicles - arguably, they are a little on the dainty and precious side.

However, the Valhalla has really won me over. It has a really cool, dangerous look. Plus, I think Nomi will drive it and it will be used to contrast the new younger 007 against the older 007 in the V8. Smart idea.

aston-martin-003-geneva-2019-12.jpg

aston-martin-003-geneva-2019-33.jpg

It has a bit of a Lotus Elise about it too.
    I think Nomi will drive it and it will be used to contrast the new younger 007 against the older 007 in the V8. Smart idea.

My same thoughts. Sounds quite foreseeable, but still cool. The old ways v the brave - high tech and green friendly - new world.
    Isn't the helicopter used for shooting footage from the air here? Or is it actually chasing the Valhalla with the last car filming the whole thing?