Who should be a Bond girl?

Comments

I get the impression from re-watching this interview that Ana is the type of woman that other women don’t like.

In particular, Naomie seems to be the most suspicious of her. Perhaps, it’s because Ana is the “new”, “young” girl on the film. Or perhaps it has something to do with Ana having a more substantial role this time than her. Whatever it is, Naomie just seems softer and ore affectionate to Lea than with Ana.

It’s also clear at one point that Ana is trying to ingratiate herself on Naomie by complimenting SF. She even refers to the Madrid premiere. Naomie denies attending, but you can feel that Ana knows that she saw Naomie but is trying to be polite. There’s a chance that Naomie forget she attended, but she responds so definitively nonetheless and completely shuts Ana down. She could have been a little more helpful to Ana in that moment. After all, it is an undeniable fact that she was in attendance at the Madrid premiere.

Daniel+Craig+Naomie+Harris+Skyfall+Madrid+7xicM8AOSROl.jpg

MV5BMzM1MjE0MzAyNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTMwODM3OA@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    M_Blaise wrote: »
    I'd rather see Tallulah Riley take over as Lara Croft.

Now that is a very good idea and appear in a Bond film, Tallulah would make a great Lara
    I get the impression from re-watching this interview that Ana is the type of woman that other women don’t like.

In particular, Naomie seems to be the most suspicious of her. Perhaps, it’s because Ana is the “new”, “young” girl on the film. Or perhaps it has something to do with Ana having a more substantial role this time than her. Whatever it is, Naomie just seems softer and ore affectionate to Lea than with Ana.

It’s also clear at one point that Ana is trying to ingratiate herself on Naomie by complimenting SF. She even refers to the Madrid premiere. Naomie denies attending, but you can feel that Ana knows that she saw Naomie but is trying to be polite. There’s a chance that Naomie forget she attended, but she responds so definitively nonetheless and completely shuts Ana down. She could have been a little more helpful to Ana in that moment. After all, it is an undeniable fact that she was in attendance at the Madrid premiere.

MV5BMzM1MjE0MzAyNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTMwODM3OA@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

No she probably just forgot and you're imagining things.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

You think too much :))
    Well, seeing her last week in Cardiff made me think : why not Katherine Jenkins ?

Katherine-Jenkins-at-London-Studios-4.jpg

She's pretty, and has some stage (Carousel) and screen (Doctor Who, Minamata) experience (and she was pretty good in DW). Plus, according to the concert programme, she would be interested.
    I just got back from watching the new Aladdin film at the cinema and Naomi Scott who plays Princess Jasmin is incredibly beautiful. All through the movie I kept thinking how much I would love to see her as a future Bond girl. She's soon to be seen in the new Charlies Angels film out later this year. Looking forward to seeing her in that!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Zorin61 wrote: »
    I just got back from watching the new Aladdin film at the cinema and Naomi Scott who plays Princess Jasmin is incredibly beautiful. All through the movie I kept thinking how much I would love to see her as a future Bond girl. She's soon to be seen in the new Charlies Angels film out later this year. Looking forward to seeing her in that!

She's definately very beautiful.

After watching a few more episodes of Lucifer, I'd add Inbar Lavi to the mix. Could be a modern day Lana Wood.

inbar-lavi-today-170206_bdc4c8fc87439ac4666e237fbcd89cd4.today-inline-large.jpg

Inbar-Lavi.jpg

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    At least she has a healthy chest.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 677
    I'm surprised this beauty from Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift was never a Bond girl: Nathalie Kelley.

Nathalie+Kelley+Arrivals+Iceman+Premiere+2+s9dU9Pi2TB0l.jpg
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    would be wonderful!
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 11,425
    Think she's been mentioned previously but Aiysha Hart has the look. Saudi-British probably best known from Line of Duty, where she is implausibly cast as Steve Arnott's girlfriend. Well Line of Duty does like to stretch the limits of plausibility...

0bl790sbz7a21.jpg
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Chloe-Bennet-sexy-in-bikini-559x1024.jpg
    Chloe Bennet
    Well given recent comments from the production,should this thread be retitled? '' Bond girls '' is a forbidden title now apparently!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited July 2019 Posts: 8,484
    If true, why threatened? There have been some interesting studies done on men who are threatened by the progress of women— whether it be in countries that ban women from the vote and driving and so on, or right here in Western culture.
    The problem usually resides with how much, or how little, dangles— if you get my poor attempt at subtlety
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I know that this has been brought up in the past, and I think even Honor Blackman said that it should be 'Bond Woman'. But this most recent one was the tabloids, wasn't it?

Anyway, here's a new choice from me...
    Sarah Gadon
    Sarah+Gadon+Netflix+Rebels+Rules+Breakers+UqXoimrUlpTl.jpg
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I know that this has been brought up in the past, and I think even Honor Blackman said that it should be 'Bond Woman'. But this most recent one was the tabloids, wasn't it?

Sarah Gadon

She's a home-town girl, from Toronto-- talented and beautiful.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    peter wrote: »

Sarah Gadon

Damn. Those are gorgeous eyes.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 1,394
    If true, why threatened? There have been some interesting studies done on men who are threatened by the progress of women— whether it be in countries that ban women from the vote and driving and so on, or right here in Western culture.
    The problem usually resides with how much, or how little, dangles— if you get my poor attempt at subtlety

Who says im threatened? I was simply stating that according to recent reports,its apparently not proper to use the '' Bond girls '' title on the Bond movie set.I do think its nonsense though.

Ah i miss the good old days..

1496328309-bond2.gif

There has always been strong women in Bond films, the BS I read bores me.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    AstonLotus wrote: »

Who says im threatened? I was simply stating that according to recent reports,its apparently not proper to use the '' Bond girls '' title on the Bond movie set.I do think its nonsense though.

1496328309-bond2.gif

Actually, I’m saying your threatened.
  • peterpeter Toronto

I agree with you; love the women in the 60s. Sylvia Trench, out late, gambling, smoking, drinking, breaks into a stranger’s home just to get laid. Love her.

I love Honey.

Tatiana.

Jill, Tilly and Pussy.

Major crushes on Paula, Fiona and Domino.

Love Aki.

Tracy (alongside Dan’s gal) is my number ones by far...

It goes on and on until Triple X and Goodhead and even Melina... Here’s where it started to feel like the series was starting to pay the tokens, instead of three dimensional, sensual women.

I’d argue that Octopussy was a return to the old ways, so was Lupe (not Pam, although she was very sexy); Xenia was terrific and fun and over the top, hated her motherly-screaming counterpart in Natalya; liked the idea of Paris and found Wai Lin sexless; loved Elektra, disliked Christmas; Jinx was gorgeous and unbelievably bad, with Miranda being on the nose-stupidity (but at least they tried to suggest she was bi); the real women returned in the Craig era: Vesper (my fave with Tracy), Camille, Solange and Fields, Severine, Lucia, and, to a lesser degree Madeleine.

Bond has had many real and strong women. B25 will continue that tradition.

I agree with you; love the women in the 60s. Sylvia Trench, out late, gambling, smoking, drinking, breaks into a stranger’s home just to get laid. Love her.

I love Honey.

Tatiana.

Jill, Tilly and Pussy.

Major crushes on Paula, Fiona and Domino.

Love Aki.

Tracy (alongside Dan’s gal) is my number ones by far...

It goes on and on until Triple X and Goodhead and even Melina... Here’s where it started to feel like the series was starting to pay the tokens, instead of three dimensional, sensual women.

I’d argue that Octopussy was a return to the old ways, so was Lupe (not Pam, although she was very sexy); Xenia was terrific and fun and over the top, hated her motherly-screaming counterpart in Natalya; liked the idea of Paris and found Wai Lin sexless; loved Elektra, disliked Christmas; Jinx was gorgeous and unbelievably bad, with Miranda being on the nose-stupidity (but at least they tried to suggest she was bi); the real women returned in the Craig era: Vesper (my fave with Tracy), Camille, Solange and Fields, Severine, Lucia, and, to a lesser degree Madeleine.

Bond has had many real and strong women. B25 will continue that tradition.

Some great examples there @peter I think certain media outlets and fans have selective memory, or they were just not paying attention
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns , the media spreads negativity for clicks/attention. They’re terrible. So many of the earliest Bond girls were ahead of the curve (certainly more so than Stacy, Kara, Pam, Natalya, Wai and Christmas). The media doesn’t have selective memory, nor were they not paying attention; they just want to rewrite narratives to fit their favour!
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns , the media spreads negativity for clicks/attention. They’re terrible. So many of the earliest Bond girls were ahead of the curve (certainly more so than Stacy, Kara, Pam, Natalya, Wai and Christmas). The media doesn’t have selective memory, nor were they not paying attention; they just want to rewrite narratives to fit their favour!

True I am tired it's all about money and a narrative will be created to achieve that
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Sarah Gadon

Damn. Those are gorgeous eyes.

They're very striking. :x
    I am very triggered by the title of this thread. It's supposed to be Bond Women, thank you VERY much!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns , the media spreads negativity for clicks/attention. They’re terrible.

Cannot argue with that, but without an audience they wouldn t be there. It is the audience that s really terrible.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns , the media spreads negativity for clicks/attention. They’re terrible.

Cannot argue with that, but without an audience they wouldn t be there. It is the audience that s really terrible.

Absolutely

1496328309-bond2.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• peterpeter Toronto

1496328309-bond2.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Not really @AstonLotus, you asked, "Who says I'm threatened".

I answered.

And that's what I was saying in my original post about men who feel threatened by the progress of women.

That's all. Not bait. Just an opinion based on the things you've written about re: the latest developments on B25.