No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Sequels--if B25 is even going to be one--can pull elements from a previous film and improve on them, but it's rare for sure. Bizarrely enough, I haven't much to fear since I quite liked SP. ;-)
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Sequels--if B25 is even going to be one--can pull elements from a previous film and improve on them, but it's rare for sure. Bizarrely enough, I haven't much to fear since I quite liked SP. ;-)

Same here. Everything but the "stepbrother" stuff.
    I’m very glad it’s a continuation. Hopefully they can tie up a few loose ends and logic flaws.

I like the folded back cuffs too.
  • RC7RC7
    Ludovico wrote: »

Same here. Everything but the "stepbrother" stuff.

Me too.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    If this manages to retroactively improve SP (in all aspects other than the irredeemable Brofeld) then it'll be a great cause for extra celebration.
    Cocktail cuffs. He also wore these in SPECTRE at Rome funeral and at Blofelds lair upon arrival
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Could be. The best example I can come up with right now is Fantastic Beasts. I wasn't pleased with that first entry but liked the second one. And yes, once again the world disagrees with me but see if I care. ;-) Anyway, I felt that the second FB increased the fun I got when I watched the first one again. Certain issues I had with FB1 were resolved thanks to the second movie. This retroactive "correcting" can happen.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 11,425

Glad someone else said it first!

Of the two Mendes entries SP is definitely my favourite, although I don't think it's particularly good either.

But people on here do seem to forget SP got rave reviews (in the UK at least) and did pretty well at the BO too. Yes not as well as SF but I am sure EON weren't complaining.

From a commercial perspective there seems every reason to follow hard on the heels of SP.
    Getafix wrote: »

Of the two Mendes entries SP is definitely my favourite, although I don't think it's particularly good either.

But people on here do seem to forget SP got rave reviews (in the UK at least) and did pretty well at the BO too. Yes not as well as SF but I am sure EON weren't complaining.

From a commercial perspective there seems every reason to follow hard on the heels of SP.

It was a bit bizarre the disparity between the UK and American press on Spectre. The UK press were glowing, the US average to outright hostile to the film - remember one reviewer saying it was the worst Bond film in 30 years.
  • NickThunderballsNickThunderballs Australia
    Does anyone have any substantial plot theories or outlines for how they think the film will pan out? I’d love to hear some...
    I watched several Malek interview videos about his villain, and from the way he vaguely describes it as very different, I’m hopeful it’s totally an OC - not Dr. No or Blofeld. I wish I had a substantial plot theory, but mostly just scattered ideas right now myself. There are MANY rumors, and there a LOT of characters we know that will be in the story - not sure how major or minor many will be.
    I suspect Malek’s character must be related to Blofeld and SPECTRE, but most strongly believe he went rogue from the organization and probably isn’t on friendly terms with Blofeld. Otherwise, why would Blofeld be inclined to give any information about the character to Madeleine/MI6?
    Was Malek in Jamaica or Cuba for filming. That will give us a good idea on his screen time. Silva & Oberhausen has less screen time than green and le chifre.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I watched several Malek interview videos about his villain, and from the way he vaguely describes it as very different, I’m hopeful it’s totally an OC - not Dr. No or Blofeld. I wish I had a substantial plot theory, but mostly just scattered ideas right now myself. There are MANY rumors, and there a LOT of characters we know that will be in the story - not sure how major or minor many will be.
    I suspect Malek’s character must be related to Blofeld and SPECTRE, but most strongly believe he went rogue from the organization and probably isn’t on friendly terms with Blofeld. Otherwise, why would Blofeld be inclined to give any information about the character to Madeleine/MI6?

This certainly could be plausible...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Was Malek in Jamaica or Cuba for filming. That will give us a good idea on his screen time. Silva & Oberhausen has less screen time than green and le chifre.
    He wasn't present in Jamaica. The Cuba scenes were filmed at Pinewood.
    Could Blofeld potentially be held up in Guantanamo Bay? Bond and Leiter may make an escape from Jamaica after being attacked and head to Cuba to follow the lead of the scientist. At the same time, Leiter may give Bond information that Blofeld is held there and could he seduce Ana de Armas to get to him?? Any thoughts? These are all just my theories...
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I think this film has got so much to work with and seems so unpredictable that it would be almost impossible to correctly theorise what will happen in Bond 25.
    Spectre was easier to decipher. It really was made to be Craig’s last based on the lesks
    Getafix wrote: »

It was a bit bizarre the disparity between the UK and American press on Spectre. The UK press were glowing, the US average to outright hostile to the film - remember one reviewer saying it was the worst Bond film in 30 years.

Yes very bizarre. The US often takes a different view to UK/ Europe though. Licence to Kill did poorly in the US but had a strong box office in Europe. That said, I think LTK actually got good reviews in the US as well.

Basically you can never really predict what is going to happen.
    You can predict journalists will say it’s the best movie ever or it’s the worst movie ever. All about sales for them.
    RC7 wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    octofinger wrote: »
    Also, I'm a bit disappointed that we're going back to Italy again. Only in theory, mind you - it may well work thematically or narratively and look great on screen. Still, it's a great big world out there and I'd like to see Bond visit some new places.

It’s Italy. It’ll be stunning.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    James Bond 25: Daniel Craig’s 007 reunites with TWO familiar faces in latest set PHOTOS
    https://express.co.uk/entertainment/films/1152741/James-Bond-25-latest-filming-set-photos-M-Ralph-Fiennes-Daniel-Craig-Rory-Kinnear-Tanner

More pics.
    Are they on a roof?

No. Riverside.
    These shots through me off a bit:
    dhngaovyeu3y.jpeg
    nictcr54p9wr.jpeg

the-rutland-arms-b11c413c585984505e33db57d9213028.jpg

They’re basically on the right here, looking toward Hammersmith Bridge.

NB. Nice little boozer that.

That pub reminds me of the scene at the end of Mission Impossible
    SPECTRE is nowhere near the dud it's made out to be on these forums, but that's what fan forums are like. I've heard there are Star Wars fans crying about the series being "ruined" too, just because they wanted a different direction.
    I think Blofeld coming back is great, and it wouldn't surprise me if the film ends with evidence of his escape, just after Bond saves the world again.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    If those last casting rumors are true then this is the first negative B25 news for me. I swear if this time something like brothergate or cloning or any other Austin Powers element comes up it will be the first Bond movie I will leave during the showing. It was so cringeworthy and IF this would really be all they could come up with story-wise they WOULD deserve no better.

BUT I doubt all that - so far everything we ready, heard and saw about B25 was promising, no - exciting! So I can‘t imagine them throwing all of this away (again) by telling a story as lame as last time.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited July 2019 Posts: 4,043
    I know some like SPECTRE and actually think it was better than SF, I personally can't comprehend it but I'm not considering myself hysterical over it.

My opinion as it was the biggest let down of the era and because of the potential squandered it remains bottom of the pile for me.

Although here is the difference between me and the SW butt hurt fan boys, I'm not pouring negativity on B25 and I'm not saying I'll boycott all of Mendes films going forward, also turning up to badmouth Knives Out.

Some SW fan boys had probably barely heard of Johnson before he appeared on their radar directing TLJ, now they feel the need to say KO will be terrible because they didn't get the film in their heads.

SPECTRE is and will always remain for me the low point of this era and because I couldn't care less for TND - DAD as I wasn't invested in them SP trumps them and a few of the other entries I don't have a great deal of time for.

Some can park the Blohauser/Brofeld business and enjoy the film but if it was only that and bar the PTS the action sequences were thrilling like the ones that were in the previous entries. Also we didn't get such a generic obvious character as Scott's Denbigh then maybe I could overlook it but I'm sorry the way some seem to think SF is the nadir of the series I feel the same about SP.

I won't get into my thoughts on the score and that theme, it really stacked up for me I'm afraid.

SF is night and day to SP to me and the crimes it commits are nowhere near the ones in my view that SP did.

So yes to some it's hyperbole and OTT but to some of us it's exactly what we interpreted it as.

That being said, I'm chomping at the bit for Bond 25 and really think the return of Waltz as ESB could go some to healing my wounds from my experience of Bond 24.

I'm hoping that EON are playing a shrewd game of misdirection and the theory they 've numbered the clapperboards up with not necessarily the real running order of the film.

Even if they aren't this is the most secretive and exciting film of the era due to all the speculation and possibilites out there.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Shardlake wrote: »
    I know some like SPECTRE and actually think it was better than SF, I personally can't comprehend it but I'm not considering myself hysterical over it.

My opinion as it was the biggest let down of the era and because of the potential squandered it remains bottom of the pile for me.

Although here is the difference between me and the SW butt hurt fan boys, I'm not pouring negativity on B25 and I'm not saying I'll boycott all of Mendes films going forward, also turning up to badmouth Knives Out.

Some SW fan boys had probably barely heard of Johnson before he appeared on their radar directing TLJ, now they feel the need to say KO will be terrible because they didn't get the film in their heads.

SPECTRE is and will always remain for me the low point of this era and because I couldn't care less for TND - DAD as I wasn't invested in them SP trumps them and a few of the other entries I don't have a great deal of time for.

Some can park the Blohauser/Brofeld business and enjoy the film but if it was only that and bar the PTS the action sequences were thrilling like the ones that were in the previous entries. Also we didn't get such a generic obvious character as Scott's Denbigh then maybe I could overlook it but I'm sorry the way some seem to think SF is the nadir of the series I feel the same about SP.

I won't get into my thoughts on the score and that theme, it really stacked up for me I'm afraid.

SF is night and day to SP to me and the crimes it commits are nowhere near the ones in my view that SP did.

So yes to some it's hyperbole and OTT but to some of us it's exactly what we interpreted it as.

That being said, I'm chomping at the bit for Bond 25 and really think the return of Waltz as ESB could go some to healing my wounds from my experience of Bond 25.

I'm hoping that EON are playing a shrewd game of misdirection and the theory they 've numbered the clapperboards up with not necessarily the real running order of the film.

Even if they aren't this is the most secretive and exciting film of the era due to all the speculation and possibilites out there.

Wise words, all of them. And I fell exactly the same way about the last three Bond films. That being said, I must also enfatize how I'm appreciating this production for its secrecy and all around insubmission. Can't wait to see the first images from the film.
    SeanCraig wrote: »
    If those last casting rumors are true then this is the first negative B25 news for me. I swear if this time something like brothergate or cloning or any other Austin Powers element comes up it will be the first Bond movie I will leave during the showing. It was so cringeworthy and IF this would really be all they could come up with story-wise they WOULD deserve no better.

BUT I doubt all that - so far everything we ready, heard and saw about B25 was promising, no - exciting! So I can‘t imagine them throwing all of this away (again) by telling a story as lame as last time.

Definitely agree, although I'm staying positive for now. I remember being close to leaving the theatre when watching SP. Hadn't I've gone to watch it with friends, I would have.
    I've never been close to leaving a Bond film in the theatre. NEVER. Even my most cringeworthy Bond experience - DUD - didn't make me leave. I remember squirming and doing some mind boggling contortionist sh*t in my seat, getting cold sweats and almost puking my brains out through my stomach and oesophagus (not sure how'd that work), and that right when Bond surfed in Korea, straight to when Bond surfed the tsunami. But I never, ever left. Actually, come to think of it, I never left the theatre in any film. Let alone a Bond film. I am a fan, after all. So I don't think it would be right to do so, as I have to know the piece to criticise it for years and years. As I've done so, right here, right now ;) My opinion, of course.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    If Bond 25 is as good as SP, consider me pleased.

Ditto.
    DAD is the ONLY Bond movie I have switched off more than once while watching it!
    Am really intrigued by this new Bond movie, and having seen most of Fukunaga work, I still believe we are in a safe pair of hands!
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

I'm one of the biggest fan of SP inhere* but I have to say that my expectations are so high that I truly hope we're in for something more special.

*On a side note, I'm lucky enough that I can enjoy both "Mendes depressing take" and some Moore or Brosnan atrocious entries without feeling the need to leave the theatre or turning the TV off. Every Bond entry has ALWAYS something to enjoy or appreciate.
    matt_u wrote: »

I'm one of the biggest fan of SP inhere* but I have to say that my expectations are so high that I truly hope we're in for something more special.

*On a side note, I'm lucky enough that I can enjoy both "Mendes depressing take" and some Moore or Brosnan atrocious entries without feeling the need to leave the theatre or turning the TV off. Every Bond entry has ALWAYS something to enjoy or appreciate.

Exactly, even DUD has that bit in Cuba (Cadiz) with the "delectados" and Raoul.

For me Bond25 already excels in that department, with the sail boat and the harpoon gun scenes in Jamaica.