No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Ludovico wrote: »
    Am the only one that really liked SP's title sequence? I like all the title sequences of the Craig era, except QOS's (although I enjoyed the movie itself).

No, I really liked the SP one too. Surreal, dark, reflective/contemplative. Fit the film really well imo.

Kleinman in general is great and I'm glad he's back again. Obviously Binder deserves credit for setting the standard but I really do think that Kleinman has bettered him overall. I think GE and CR are his best work but SF and DAD's were brilliant too. The SP one, see above, also very good, and I really rate TWINE's too, love how psychadelic it is and the oil imagery. TND is probably his weakest imo because it's his least memorable but even that is solid and fits the themes of the film well. Not using him for QoS was a terrible mistake and I'm glad that they seem to have realised that.
    To this day I adore the titles for QOS. Shoot me if you will, but I really really do. Not saying I don't like the Klein-Man, I really do like him, but those QOS titles were amazing, IMO. Also, watching them with the Shirley Bassey theme over them was an amazing experience.
    RC7 wrote: »
    Foot chase.
    Fantastic news.

• SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    I like the QoS title sequence way more than the SP one. This whole octopus thing was just weird. Loved the SF one and also the CR one.
    Roll on Hobbs and Shaw release is all I can say!!!! :))
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Could we really get a trailer within the next month?
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada

Do we get a teaser the week before or just attached to the release of the film?
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    We’re getting a lot of car chases if all the rumors are to be believed - that would bring us up to one in the PTS in Matera, one in Cuba, and one on the Atlantic Ocean Road - at least 3!

EDIT: Unless the one in Cuba was supposed to be an on-foot chase?
    Yeah, I don't recall ever hearing about a car chase in Cuba.
    In the batch of news ggl007 shared yesterday, a Cuban chase was mentioned. Did not say car - I just misremembered it was there. Could mean anything.

Foot chase.

Thanks RC7. Does this foot chase happen to start or finish in a Cuban bar?
    It starts in a Cuban bar after a glass is broken... Then it will go on foot through buildings, maybe roofs and Cuban police in cars. Remember this:

VlpwNn8.jpg
    ggl007 wrote: »
    We’re getting a lot of car chases if all the rumors are to be believed - that would bring us up to one in the PTS in Matera, one in Cuba, and one on the Atlantic Ocean Road - at least 3!

In the batch of news ggl007 shared yesterday, a Cuban chase was mentioned. Did not say car - I just misremembered it was there. Could mean anything.

Foot chase.

Thanks RC7. Does this foot chase happen to start or finish in a Cuban bar?
    It starts in a Cuban bar after a glass is broken... Then it will go on foot through buildings, maybe roofs and Cuban police in cars. Remember this:

VlpwNn8.jpg

And in a dinner jacket, you say? ;) How bondian.
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Very well spotted!

This also confirms @ggl007 scoop that filming is due to take place in Scotland.

I suspect it will be used for the exteriors of Porton Down - which I suspect is the location for the finale.

4270.jpg?width=965&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=76019df6bb0bde17c463f2a71caa6657

Do we get a teaser the week before or just attached to the release of the film?

Almost definitely online some time before whichever film it's attached to.

• RC7RC7

Very well spotted!

I suspect it will be used for the exteriors of Porton Down - which I suspect is the location for the finale.

4270.jpg?width=965&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=76019df6bb0bde17c463f2a71caa6657

I would find that odd. There are plenty of places closer to Pinewood (SE) that could double for Wiltshire. The Highlands of Scotland are very different terrain.
    One thing’s for sure, there’s no lack of variety for locations. I’m very pleased with the selection.

Very well spotted!

I would find that odd. There are plenty of places closer to Pinewood (SE) that could double for Wiltshire. The Highlands of Scotland are very different terrain.

But Scotland is much more cinematic. They used it as the highlands for the research lab in Detective Pickachu for this reason
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    I'm going to say what everyone's thinking.. but... Return to Skyfall?
    I'm going to say what everyone's thinking.. but... Return to Skyfall?
    To recover a microchip hidden in the helicopter that crashed into the house. Of Course in a race against the villain.

• echoecho 007 in New York

Yeah, I'm getting more of a CR opening foot chase feeling from that one.
    Didn't all of that burn down though? Ugh, I hope not. It already felt regressive in SP to bring up that old picture found in the house.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    One week shooting? In Scotland? I’d assume these consist of the resolution scenes (after the climax); i put a wager on someone’s supposed funeral.

And then we find he’s not dead (but passing the torch to someone).
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    KINCADE?!?!
    (Pardon my enthusiam, here.)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    peter wrote: »
    One week shooting? In Scotland? I’d assume these consist of the resolution scenes (after the climax); i put a wager on someone’s supposed funeral.

I would actually really dig that :)
    A fakeout funeral I would dig, a passing of the torch it's a no (from me).
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    edited July 2019 Posts: 1,533
    How I'd rank Kleinman's title sequences
    1. SF
    2. GE
    3. CR
    (QOS)
    4. DAD
    5. TWINE
    6. TND
    7. SP
    Lets hope his TS for B25 is one of the best.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 1,215

That was my initial thought. Weren't there rumors of a torch passing scene in Matera early on?

Hey @peter . It’s always interesting to hear your speculation. Can you hint at any of this being based on behind the scenes tidbits you may have been privy to?

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    A return to skyfall is unlikely. Wouldn't they have to reconstruct the entire set that they built on Hankley Common?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited July 2019 Posts: 5,869
    A return to skyfall is unlikely. Wouldn't they have to reconstruct the entire set that they built on Hankley Common?
    They wouldn't have to revisit Skyfall if they wanted to visit Scotland. For example, say if @peter's theory is true, then they can either find a church in Scotland or build one, and then Craig could be watching. Sounds very Thunderball-y actually.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    Maybe they want to finish film as James return home and decided to build new house on place where the old was. As a symbol of starting new life but also as a symbol that James finally finds himself in this world. Some Batman Begins vibe.
    I would love Scotland to be featured in Bond 25 again. However, if the rumours of filming taking place near Aviemore are true, I suspect it will be doubling for Norway. I know a lot of filming can be done on sets at Pinewood, but I feel like the filming we are aware of from Norway is too limited at the moment for a full segment in that location.
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    I think it'll pan out like this:
    - After defeating the villain, Bond is missing, presumed dead
    - Scotland: a ceremony with M, Q and other mourners in his ancestoral homeland to mark his sacrifice. Fade out.
    - Fade in. Somewhere far away. A hint to show our man is still alive. Next film, cue new guy.