No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited July 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Hmm a youngish villain dealing in genetic warfare who has connections to Madeleine Swann and her family, with an out-of-service James Bond on his tail with two other beautiful and interesting Bond girls, all the classic allies and some new allies and villains to bump up the stakes. Sounds interesting to me.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    We don t know if the Aston and the range rovers are in the same scene. I am guessing they aren t .
    I hope there's no flashback personally (and there are elements suggesting otherwise too), and that the retro looking clothes worn on set in Norway is just Fukunaga & Co opting for a slightly retro feel.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    The lake scene is scene #15, making it either pre-titles or post-titles. I get the sense that Bond only acquires his V8 much later into the film, so I highly doubt the two Norway shoots are the same scene.
    Happy to have him back. I like most of his title credits, including SP’s.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    There's also still a possibility that the scene with a possible young Madeleine may be set somewhere else.

I know some people have speculated Austria, although I'm not sure why both an older Madeleine and Mr. White would hide out from Spectre somewhere they've lived as a family before...

...but to be honest I never understood why they were in the same place in Spectre.
    Am the only one that really liked SP's title sequence? I like all the title sequences of the Craig era, except QOS's (although I enjoyed the movie itself).
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 17,294
    Here's some of the content from the Atlantic Road shoot. We've probably all seen this before, but I thought it could be alright to collect it. What can we make out of all this?
    https://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/forste-bilder-av-hemmelig-bond-bil/71151582
    Test track footage. The Toyota following the Aston, presumably to overtake it, according to the article. The two Range Rovers practised skidding.

Two Range Rovers following the Toyota

More of the same

Just the Aston

https://www.vg.no/rampelys/film/i/Adxqdn/her-er-den-foerste-bond-bilen-paa-atlanterhavsveien
    Just the Aston again

BBjames%20Bond-4.jpg
    Following the Aston

https://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/derfor-har-bond-skuespillerne-prikker-i-ansiktet/71154844
    Photo gallery

A few highlights from the Dagbladet article above:

Is the Aston going in the opposite direction compared to the range rovers?
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Am the only one that really liked SP's title sequence? I like all the title sequences of the Craig era, except QOS's (although I enjoyed the movie itself).

I like SP’s too, even as someone who doesn’t like much of the movie. QOS’s is okay but my least favorite title sequence of Craig’s (unsurprisingly the only one not by Kleinman). SF is probably my favorite of his. As long as he keeps doing what he’s been doing, I’d love for him to stick around.

Where?

Where?

Not sure. The Aston is going from east to west. How about those rovers? Is it possible to tell? If the Aston scene is a while later, it could well be that Bond is travelling towards the place where the earlier scene took place. I am just speculating.

Where?

Not sure. The Aston is going from east to west. How about those rovers? Is it possible to tell? If the Aston scene is a while later, it could well be that Bond is travelling towards the place where the earlier scene took place. I am just speculating.

Could be. Could also be that they're just in transit, or trying to film from various directions; east to west and west to east.

Where?

Could be. Could also be that they're just in transit, or trying to film from various directions; east to west and west to east.

Yes, good point.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    It's definitely a chase of some sorts. If this is indeed the finale, I'm wondering what other layers there are to it other than the Atlantic Road sequence.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 12,270
    We’re getting a lot of car chases if all the rumors are to be believed - that would bring us up to one in the PTS in Matera, one in Cuba, and one on the Atlantic Ocean Road - at least 3!

EDIT: Unless the one in Cuba was supposed to be an on-foot chase?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Other source confirming Kleinman. I like Kleinman, glad he's on board.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    We’re getting a lot of car chases if all the rumors are to be believed - that would bring us up to one in the PTS in Matera, one in Cuba, and one on the Atlantic Ocean Road - at least 3!

Yeah, I don't recall ever hearing about a car chase in Cuba.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    I don't know if it was posted but some interesting new hints from this interview from Jamaica.
    jake24 wrote: »

In the batch of news ggl007 shared yesterday, a Cuban chase was mentioned. Did not say car - I just misremembered it was there. Could mean anything.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine

in this not mentioned interview Cary said that fans can expect extra car wheels. Interesting interview, reccomend.
  • RC7RC7

In the batch of news ggl007 shared yesterday, a Cuban chase was mentioned. Did not say car - I just misremembered it was there. Could mean anything.

Foot chase.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    "road tow water bowsers going to a customer who is supplying the new James Bond filmset in Scotland "

"Main cast members are due to arrive in Scotland for filming around August. Locations in the Highlands and Aviemore have been scouted and filming is expected to last for just over a week. "
    https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/press-rumours-bond-25-may-also-be-heading-back-to-scotland-190429

Most likely doubling for Norway.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    I didn't like his title sequence for SP but I'm ecstatic to have Kleinman back.
    Very pleased to have Kleinman back. He's excellent at what he does.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Very pleased to have Kleinman back. He's excellent at what he does.
    I agree, the only problem I have with the Spectre title sequence is the film it's connected to. I mean it's not his best work, but it's still beautiful. What I love the most about his work is it feels polished and crisp. No other title sequences feel like that.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    "road tow water bowsers going to a customer who is supplying the new James Bond filmset in Scotland "

"Main cast members are due to arrive in Scotland for filming around August. Locations in the Highlands and Aviemore have been scouted and filming is expected to last for just over a week. "
    https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/press-rumours-bond-25-may-also-be-heading-back-to-scotland-190429

Most likely doubling for Norway.

...or a rainy Scottish funeral? ;)

I seem to recall there was a tossed SPECTRE idea (due to expense) that the London finale was supposed to be set in heavy rain. That would have been incredible, and really added a unique and redeeming quality to that set piece. Perhaps they've recycled that element and are applying it Bond 25's finale, assuming Norway is in fact the finale, and that Scotland is in fact doubling for it, and that they are in fact being used for rain.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    RC7 wrote: »

Foot chase.

Thanks RC7. Does this foot chase happen to start or finish in a Cuban bar?