The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

So the film ends. Always a treat, no matter how many times I’ve seen it. Not sure when, but LALD will be up next for me.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    And now the torture scene. Faithfully adapted from the novel!
    Improved, actually. Improved to be presented on film. Some incredibly bold and successful choices here.
    9cbfac644cdc5e92505d9d2ed6e88a33_669ba6b3c379af695492e9efd7630b86.jpg
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited June 2019 Posts: 23,378
    Resuming my reverse Bondathon which really got stalled with the Brosnan films, TND up next great music intro on the Bond50 Bluray, the best thing about this film is the score IMO
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Love the gun barrel and theme on this film, excellent work.
    Subtle spy camera monitoring the terrorist arms bazaar, though I do like this opening scene
    Let's not waste time... Blow them all the hell
    Great build to Bond's appearance
    I remember watching this at the cinema and buzzing off the score it got me immediately locked into the film, admittedly GE score has improved over time though Arnold's score is Bond in TND
    M and Co work effectively as a surrogate audience, it really helps to build up the tension and appreciation of what Bond is doing.
    Brosbond's pre title sequences were always exciting

Colin Salmon facial expressions are gold
    TND is a solid entry. Seems to improve for me every new watch.
    Just wish K. D. Lang's track was playing instead of Crow's, I have never liked Crow's vocals
    TND title sequence and music is lacklustre combined, the energy of the pre title sequence is drained by it
    This is definately one of the least cinematic Bond films, its not shot particularly well.
    The drill defies physics
    Not a fan of Carver that's one of the reasons I struggle with this film, admittedly the writers give Pryce some horrendous dialogue
    Pryce's acting is just as terrible as the dialogue
    The mission briefing scene with M in transit is amusing
    Bond in Germany best part of the film, Brosnan is great here
    Love the Jaguar gag
    Desmond is a Legend
    Bond and Paris Carver is really bad, though Pierce took that slap well.
    Brosnan and Hatcher zero chemistry
    'Hostile Takeovers' great line
    Brosnan's/Bond's irritation to what is going on around him works well.
    Carvers goons look really out of shape
    Good choice Bond, partial to Smirnoff myself
    Teri Hatcher drags this film down to TV soap level, Bad casting
    The script is so dumb
    Press factory thank God, I almost lost the will to live with the Paris melodrama