Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited April 2019 Posts: 15,423
    Alright. Elizabeth Debicki as a femme fatale. Futuristic 1950s connections. I'm in.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2019 Posts: 15,690
    This looks fantastic:

A rebellious teen grows up to become one of Milan's most ambitious criminals during the golden years of the 'ndrangheta Mafia in the 1980s.

Available on Netflix on April 19th.

edited April 2019 Posts: 15,423
    Wow! Just when I thought Riccardo Scamarcio was wimpy in John Wick: Chapter 2, he proves me wrong big time here in this trailer. I'm sold!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    New details about Christopher Nolan's new film:

It is a sci-fi action-thriller about time travel, with two intersecting storylines, one set in the near future and one in the 1950’s. John David Washington and Robert Pattinson are playing scientists who travel from the future to the past and get caught up in a conspiracy involving a femme fatale played by Elizabeth Debicki. Washington is the main, while Pattinson takes on a more antagonistic role.

Also confirmed is Hereditary's editor Jennifer Lame joining the crew of Nolan's latest project.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/christopher-nolan-taps-hereditarys-jennifer-lame-new-movie-1197862

Sounds fantastic. Nolan and time travel, that is really intriguing.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @ClarkDevlin More good news for you: the first trailer for Anna, the new Luc Besson-directed action/thriller, will drop next week.

Plot unknown. Will focus on an action heroine.

Starring: Luke Evans, Helen Mirren and Cillian Murphy.

Release date: 2019.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Eric Serra (Goldeneye) is the composer. Get idea wil movie like Taken/Lucy.
    Locations are France, Italy and Serbia.

Movie is made by EuropaCorp / Summit Entertaintment. In The Netherlands i think movie wil be released by Belga (Lucy, Taken 2&3, Lalaland, Now You See Me 2 BD/Dvd, John Wick 2&3) or DFW (John Wick rerelease bd/dvd, Now You see Me 2 in the cinema, Hitman's Bodyguard, Olympus has fallen.) or Eone (Now You See Me, London Has Fallen, The Commuter).
    This looks fantastic:

A rebellious teen grows up to become one of Milan's most ambitious criminals during the golden years of the 'ndrangheta Mafia in the 1980s.

Available on Netflix on April 19th.

That is my kind of show!
    Elizabeth Chai Vasarhelyi and Jimmy Chin, the directors of the 2018 Oscar-winning documentary Free Solo, will direct Jake Gyllenhaal in the true story heist/thriller The Helicopter Heist.

Four young men from the Swedish suburbs, each of a different nationality, pulled off one of the most spectacular heists of all time with a a $5 million robbery using a stolen helicopter.

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2019/04/jake-gyllenhaal-teaming-with-free-solo-filmmakers-for-the-helicopter-heist/
    @bondjames @Creasy47 @doubleoego @ClarkDevlin @DarthDimi @MajorDSmythe

Based on this picture posted on Instagram by Chris Tucker himself, it seems a long awaited sequel may finally be happening...

54514008-1139294452939607-7556653991110212109-n.jpg
    Noah Centineo as He-Man....hes handsome but Im not sure hes HM material though......
    Fist of Fury (numerous sequels)
    Game of Death (same)
    Way of Dragon (Ninja strikes back)

Why not do a remake of Big Boss , it would be very cheap to make as its about the action , they almost had no sets in the original
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited April 2019 Posts: 40,474
    @bondjames @Creasy47 @doubleoego @ClarkDevlin @DarthDimi @MajorDSmythe

Based on this picture posted on Instagram by Chris Tucker himself, it seems a long awaited sequel may finally be happening...

54514008-1139294452939607-7556653991110212109-n.jpg

Oh man, Jackie's talked it up as a possibility for so many years now, Chris, too. I'd be elated if they did a fourth!

First trailer for action-comedy Stuber has been released:

• edited April 2019 Posts: 5,811
    He's baaaaaaaaaack !

Out in october.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    First trailer for action-comedy Stuber has been released:

This looks like a total blast. The action seems pretty badass, and Bautista has great comedic timing. Also: Iko Uwais is in this. This looks like a fun action/comedy to check out this summer, while waiting for The Hitman's Bodyguard 2 in 2020.
    First trailer for Parasite, the latest South Korean film from director Bong Joon-ho (The Host, Memories of Murder, Mother, Snowpiercer, Okja):

All unemployed, Ki-taek's family takes peculiar interest in the Parks for their livelihood until they get entangled in an unexpected incident.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood won't be the only movie about the Manson Family coming to our screens this spring :

Yep, under that beard, that's Mat Smith's chin.
    @ClarkDevlin More good news for you: the first trailer for Anna, the new Luc Besson-directed action/thriller, will drop next week.

Plot unknown. Will focus on an action heroine.

Starring: Luke Evans, Helen Mirren and Cillian Murphy.

Release date: 2019.
    Which of them will be playing Anna?

@boldfinger According to IMDB: Sasha Luss, with her only acting role prior to this film being a CGI alien in Luc Besson's Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets.
    Besson is great with discovering new talent. I'm sure she'll be fine in the role. :D
    Drew Goddard (Cabin in the Woods, Bad Times at the El Royale) will direct the big screen adaptation of the graphic novel Sabrina.

When his girlfriend goes missing, a grieving man goes to live with his old friend – an Air Force surveillance expert agent who is dealing with a failed marriage. After a grisly videotape is anonymously sent to news outlets, Sabrina’s disappearance goes viral. As the 24-hour news cycle and social media take hold of the story, the two men are targeted by vitriolic conspiracy theorists that threaten their sense of the truth and their faith in each other.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3554833/cabin-woods-director-drew-goddard-adapting-graphic-novel-thriller-sabrina/
    English-subtitled International trailer for Parasite, the new South Korean film directed by Bong Joon-ho:

Speaking of parasite :

They thought they had gotten rid of him, but... He's back, and he didn't come alone :

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Alright, alright, Anna - you've got my money.
    Yeah I guess mine too.

Sasha Luss with the only previous film credit apparently being a cgi Alien Looks more interesting than most A list actresses in similar roles.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California

Seeing such photo realistic animals speaking is gonna take some getting used to, but the CGI looks incredible.

I also forgot how powerful Zimmer's score was. It immediately brought back memories.
    Dumbo , flop in US , hit in Norway.......I kinda want to see it