Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2018 Posts: 15,690
    @bondjames @doubleoego @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe @Creasy47

nlJlFYq.jpg

----

2nd Matthew McConaughey trailer this week:

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2018 Posts: 23,883
    I initially said I was going to boycott this on account of Sony's mismanagement of the Mara/Craig effort and sequel, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to break my word. This looks too good to miss out on in the theatre on the best screen.

The intimidation scene is too similar to the one in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo though, and that one was just too well done imho. Not fully sold on Foy from that trailer either. Still, I'll be there.
    2nd Matthew McConaughey trailer this week:

This looks really good and a bit 90's noirish. Hathaway and Lane? Can't get much better than that imho.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Different international teaser

Looks a LOT better than expected but I hate Sony branding this as a sequel to Fincher's when *the entire cast* is different. Also man, imagine this being with Rooney and her sister Kate as the villain....
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    For me it looks as dull as the previous films.
    @bondjames @doubleoego @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe @Creasy47

Al Pacino officially joins the new Tarantino film, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, alongside Leonardo Dicaprio, Brad Pitt and Margot Robbie.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/al-pacino-quentin-tarantino-manson-movie-1202826780/

Full cast at of now:

Leonardo DiCaprio
    Brad Pitt
    Margot Robbie
    Timothy Olyphant
    Al Pacino
    Kurt Russell
    Burt Reynolds
    Dakota Fanning
    Emile Hirsch
    Luke Perry
    Tim Roth
    Clifton Collins Jr
    Zoe Bell
    Damian Lewis
    Michael Madsen
    That's a tremendous cast list. It should be a great film. I'm personally a bit disappointed Tom Cruise didn't get in and perhaps I would have preferred Jennifer Lawrence as Tate, but Pitt & Robbie should be just fine.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    So, basically, we have John Wick in his post-assassin career finding problems again. ;)
    antovolk wrote: »
    First images from movie of the year Damien Chazelle's IMAX 70mm masterpiece First Man

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2018%2F06%2Ffirstman3.jpg&w=2200&q=70
    image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2018%2F06%2Ffirstman4.jpg&w=2200&q=70
    image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2018%2F06%2Ffirstman.jpg&w=2200&q=70
    image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2018%2F06%2Flaunch-photo-1-2000excl.jpg&w=2200&q=70

The first trailer for First Man has been confirmed to drop tonight during Jimmy Kimmel's show that Ryan Gosling will appear on.
    In the context of what seems to be the topic of the film, one hopes it only drops and does not plummet.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    In the context of what seems to be the topic of the film, one hopes it only drops and does not plummet.

source.gif
    edited June 2018 Posts: 23,883
    boldfinger wrote: »
    True. I was going to say something similar. Moreover, we have a Ryan Gosling film set away from earth filmed fancifully? The last time they tried that it did plummet...at the box office.
    My kind of film. I must say, Keanu looks really good for his age. The man is ageing well.
    @bondjames Keanu will turn 54 later this year. Incredible how good he looks!
    Amazing indeed @DaltonCraig007. He's up there with Cruise. My respect to him.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

This looks good.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

This looks good.

It does look good, though I have lost my bearings with the series, the last films I watched were the Rob Zombie remakes. I assume this is a direct sequel to Carpenters original film going by what's presented in the trailer?

This looks good.

It does look good, though I have lost my bearings with the series, the last films I watched were the Rob Zombie remakes. I assume this is a direct sequel to Carpenters original film going by what's presented in the trailer?
    Yes, it looks very good indeed. I'm in the same boat as you though. I've pretty much lost track of where we are due to the many reboots. It sort of reminds me of the Terminator series in a way.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited June 2018 Posts: 23,395
    bondjames wrote: »

This looks good.

Yes, it looks very good indeed. I'm in the same boat as you though. I've pretty much lost track of where we are due to the many reboots. It sort of reminds me of the Terminator series in a way.

Just read a few articles it seems the new Halloween is disregarding every other sequel, even the sequels Jamie Lee appeared in.

Edited: https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/06/08/blumhouses-halloween-trailer-kills-off-every-prior-halloween-sequel/
    First Man looks to be a great companion piece to Philip Kaufman's The Right Stuff (1983). Interesting to see Claire Foy having two major movies out together. Her star power is clearly on the rise.
    Neat trailer. I'm sure it will look magnificent on the big screen. It reminds me a little of that Apollo film that Hanks did many years back. I'm not sure if Gosling is going to be able to carry this (something about his acting in the trailer doesn't entice), but hopefully he can.
    @bondjames it isn't always included in the list of films Tom Hanks played a Captain in, but his character in Apollo 13 was indeed of that rank. Add to that Saving Private Ryan, Captain Phillips, Sully and the upcoming Greyhound (that brings him back to the heat of battle during WW2), and he has quite the resume just with those selected films.
    @DaltonCraig007, I recall liking Apollo 13 very much. I also enjoyed Space Cowboys with Clint, which I think was made around the same time. If you haven't seen that one, I recommend it. It has a lighter tone and is great fun.

I'm very much looking forward to Greyhound, but haven't seen Saving Private Ryan yet (I know, unforgivable, but the war genre is one I tend to avoid for some reason).
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    looking forward to this new predator movie.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Looks better than first trailer, though it reminds me of AvP: Requiem which is not good. It's a guarantee I'll buy it on Bluray/UHD, though its unlikely ill go to the cinema to watch this.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It just looks so painfully generic to me, and yes, huge AvP: Requiem vibes, which is not a good thing in the slightest.