Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited August 2017 Posts: 15,423
    For Batman fans and Jack The Ripper story readers.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    It's not the gun that I wouldn't want to encounter, but the 6' 4" lethal weapon that is holding it.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    On the face of it the plot of The Commuter seems very reminiscent of Non Stop. I look forward to some bone crunching takedowns. As long as Farmiga has a meaty role, I'll be quite satisfied.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2017 Posts: 15,690
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin

Before I forget: The Commuter may be over 4 months away, and Neeson already has Mark Felt releasing in a few weeks, but he has already completed filming his follow-action flick: Hard Powder. This action flick revolves around a snowplow driver (Neeson) who seeks revenge against the drug dealers he think killed his son. This will probably be a summer 2018 release.

And as we speak, Neeson is about to finish filming Steve McQueen's ('12 Years a Slave') new crime/drama: Widows. This will be about 4 armed robbers who are killed in a failed heist, only to have their widows step up to finish the job. Neeson will be joined by Viola Davis, Michelle Rodriguez, Colin Farrell, Daniel Kaluuya, Robert Duvall, Jackie Weaver and Manuel Garcia-Ruffo. This film is already slated for a November 16, 2018 release.

Once that is completed, Neeson's next job will be The Trainer, directed by Neil Jordan, a drama where he will play ''a premier race-horse trainer in the west of Ireland, who beset by tragedy, loses everything he cherishes, and almost forgets how to live, when one day comes into his life a teenage refugee, Nadya, who has fled her own horrors, and now finds herself in a confounding new world. Their only connection, to themselves, and ultimately to their own hearts, is a horse called Allabelle. Who is about to prove they may all still have one race left inside of them.” This was supposed to film this summer, but 'Widows' required Neeson's service first.

And finally, the last planned film for Neeson: Retribution. The plot here follows a successful Wall Street executive (Neeson) who discovers on his way to work that a bomb has been planted in his car by an unknown assailant. He is forced to follow a series of orders throughout the day or else the bomb will be detonated. The situation is more dire because the man’s family is in the car with him. This will be the 5th action flick collaboration between Liam and Jaume Collet-Serra, however not as director but as producer only.

And to make the update complete: There is also an action film with Neeson that aims to be released in 2019: Suspension, which Joss Whedon has specifically written for Mr. Neeson. The story will follow an ex-con named Harry Monk (Neeson) who, on his way back from prison, ends up helping the cops when he’s trapped on the George Washington Bridge after it's attacked by terrorists.

EDIT: And of course, there is:

Marlowe. As bad business and loneliness is taking its toll on private detective Philip Marlowe (Neeson), a beautiful blonde arrives and asks him to find her ex-lover, which proves to be just a small part in a bigger mystery.

Narco Sub, a submarine action/thriller that centers on a disgraced American naval officer (Neeson) who is forced by an Ecuadorian drug lord to navigate a submarine full of cocaine past the U.S. Coast Guard.

The Escapist, where a prison inmate (Neeson) assembles a group of fellow inmates in order to stage an ambitious break from the big house.

A Willing Patriot, where Neeson will play a CIA agent who engages in an elaborate cat-and-mouse game with a sinister terrorist who’s planning an imminent attack. Neeson said production would take place in South Africa, Morocco and Tunisia.

And finally...

The Revenger, an action/comedy directed by Ruben Fleischer ('Zombieland'), where Neeson will most likely have fun parodying his typical revenge flicks.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2017 Posts: 15,690
    September 2017 preview:

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Close Encounters was such an experience back in 77.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin

Clint Eastwood is currently filming his new film, The 15:17 to Paris, about the August 2015 Thalys terrorist attack thwarted by 3 American tourists who were onboard the train. Some scenes were filmed at the Presidential residence in Paris this past weekend.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 40,490

Clint Eastwood is currently filming his new film, The 15:17 to Paris, about the August 2015 Thalys terrorist attack thwarted by 3 American tourists who were onboard the train. Some scenes were filmed at the Presidential residence in Paris this past weekend.

I'm pretty sure that's already done filming. Clint is renown for utilizing as few takes as possible, so he really cranks his movies out. It'll likely be an Oscar contender for the year.

EDIT: http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/trailers/883229-four-new-mother-tv-spots-put-the-scare-in-jennifer-lawrence

Arnold Schwarzenegger is back!! In the action/comedy Killing Gunther:

Oh I'll be there for this! :))
    rH6XM7v.jpg
    Killing Gunther looks really good. I've not seen any of Arnie's flicks since he got back into acting, but I will definitely be catching this one in the theatre.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Killing Gunther looks really good.

That is maybe stretching it, but it looks fun.

1st trailer for The Current War confirmed to drop this week.

The dramatic story of the cutthroat race between electricity titans Thomas Edison and George Westinghouse to determine whose electrical system would power the modern world. Featuring Benedict Cumberbatch, Tom Holland, Michael Shannon, Nicholas Hoult, Matthew MacFadyen and Katherine Wasterston.

The_Current_War.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Killing Gunther looks really good. I've not seen any of Arnie's flicks since he got back into acting, but I will definitely be catching this one in the theatre.

Same. Haven't felt compelled to see an Arnie flick since he came back but this I'll check out.
    First stills of the new South Korean gangster/crime film Criminal City. It is based on the true story of a gang turf war in 2007, involving a gangster organization of ethnic Koreans living in China that had 'business' on South Korean soil.

DG2STOdUMAAeDVY.jpg:large

As promised, here is the 1st trailer for Crime City (slight title change):

Arnold Schwarzenegger is back!! In the action/comedy Killing Gunther:

This does look quite funny!

The chinese action flick Wolf Warrior 2 has entered, last week, the top 100 World- Wide box office hits of all time. This past weekend, it has gained another $30 million in China alone, meaning it has overtaken Wonder Woman's entire World-wide earnings with only 1 market (China). 'Wolf Warrior 2' is now the 2nd movie in history to earn $800+ million in a single country, after The Force Awakens, being only 1 week slower to reach that mark.
    Those films all look interesting. The Thomas Edison film intrigued me actually, adding to that Cumberbatch is a great actor.
    Full trailer for 'Mark Felt':

This looks incredible. Liam Neeson is an absolute legend.
    Looking forward to this one, for sure. 'House of Cards' meets a real life story starring Neeson. Terrific supporting cast, as well.

EDIT: Teaser trailer for 'Brawl In Cell Block 99':

edited August 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Creasy47 wrote: »

This is a must watch for me. I'll be sure to check out All The President's Men again beforehand as well. It's been ages since I saw that one.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

This is a must watch for me. I'll be sure to check out All The President's Men again beforehand as well. It's been ages since I saw that one.

Same and same. I need a rewatch of that one.

EDIT: Ben Affleck in early talks to direct 'Red Platoon,' with his brother Casey Affleck eyed to star:

http://collider.com/ben-affleck-afghanistan-war-movie-red-platoon/#images

1st teaser for Alexander Payne's Downsizing (full trailer coming on September 12th):

Downsizing looks like it could be fun. This is the 2nd Damon satire coming along, after Suburbicon.

1st official American trailer for the Japanese film Blade of the Immortal:

Another day one for me. Holy hell, it just might rival '13 Assassins.'